• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
playing DA: Inquisition put me in a huge wow mood

now playing wow is putting me in a huge Marvel mood. will probably jump back in full time by january (hopefully I will have x23 and venom to add to magneto to play by then)

LuuKyK

playing DA: Inquisition put me in a huge wow mood

now playing wow is putting me in a huge Marvel mood. will probably jump back in full time by january (hopefully I will have x23 and venom to add to magneto to play by then)

Jesus, that game is amazing. It sure is taking all my available time. :lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jesus, that game is amazing. It sure is taking all my available time. :lol

Inquisition? yup loved it, took me 79hours to finish doing pretty much everything. I can only play one of these "12 hour a day sessions" games at a time tho.

KePoW

Banned
yeah Dragon Age is legit one of the best games this year. once they patch the technical bugs out, it'll be one of my fav SP RPGs of all time

Dec

Green raid went super good. Downed surtur in 4 minutes.

Tried a red raid afterwards and failed seconds from killing the twins, think we had it with one more try.

I'd like to give at least red raid twins a serious try this weekend. Maybe like Saturday 9pm EST?

Even an extra 25 hearts of demonfire per week would get us all 69 items a lot faster.

Adawg got slags mace on his first raid ever lol

KePoW

Banned
Here's a Twitch video record of our guild raid tonight:

http://www.twitch.tv/kepow88/c/5621398

Only around 35 minutes total -- and that's with us messing around on Sisters (I wasn't even doing much that fight, because I thought we were going to restart/suicide). So for posters who haven't raided, you'll see it's very easy and anyone can do it with us

We killed the final boss extremely quickly

Rhaknar

Only around 35 minutes total -- and that's with us messing around on Sisters (I wasn't even doing much that fight, because I thought we were going to restart/suicide). So for posters who haven't raided, you'll see it's very easy and anyone can do it with us

anyone in america or canada you mean. Im not even salty about it btw, just that no europen can ever join you guys because of the times you do it is all :)

Dec

anyone in america or canada you mean. Im not even salty about it btw, just that no europen can ever join you guys because of the times you do it is all :)

Nah it's a problem. Wish we could do it at a good time for everyone but no matter what someone can't come. We can do a green raid for the rest of the world too, even tonight. I'll hope on and do another.

Dec

We killed the final boss extremely quickly

Twitch is making it really hard to watch that.... buffering forever, now it just doesn't work.

The gap where we are standing around figuring stuff out is a bit long when there's a first time raider but that's to be expected. Without those that is an extremely good raid time overall.

That sister fight was super messy though haha. Someone accidentally went in the boss room and we just went with it.

Indignate

Twitch is making it really hard to watch that.... buffering forever, now it just doesn't work.

The gap where we are standing around figuring stuff out is a bit long when there's a first time raider but that's to be expected. Without them that is an extremely good raid time overall.

That sister fight was super messy though haha. Someone accidentally went in the boss room and we just went with it.

Yeah that was my fault. I am Gurkog. That's why I used to always talk about SG.

So like, do we not actually have to fight all three of them? I has assumed that somebody at least had to be in each room or else they would be near if not fully invulnerable, but we did a considerable amount of damage before Hereafter switched over. So I'm wondering what's the point of having to split.

KePoW

Banned

The gap where we are standing around figuring stuff out is a bit long when there's a first time raider but that's to be expected. Without those that is an extremely good raid time overall.

yeah Twitch is finicky sometimes, make sure you have the most updated version of Flash for your browser. Also sometimes it runs better during the daytime

Yeah if we cut out the time just standing around, that was probably at least 5 minutes

KePoW

Banned

So like, do we not actually have to fight all three of them? I has assumed that somebody at least had to be in each room or else they would be near if not fully invulnerable, but we did a considerable amount of damage before Hereafter switched over. So I'm wondering what's the point of having to split.

if any Fire Giants are up at any of the 3 spots, it makes all Sisters more resistant to damage. But not invulnerable

our DPS just was very good pal

Dec

I'm not sure. I guess the last sister would regenerate health because no players were near?

Volimar

Inquisition? yup loved it, took me 79hours to finish doing pretty much everything. I can only play one of these "12 hour a day sessions" games at a time tho.

This is my problem. I have the game. I want to play it. But I don't have the time at the moment to enjoy a long play session so I hold off until I do.

Isn't it 4 per day? or did you have some left over from last time?

I had some, but it was less than six. I have logged in twice today though.
This is the first time I have chased Bark. In the past I have been lazy and just bummed around Midtown and Terminals during events like this.

LuuKyK

Arachne:

fvdA1n9.jpg
fU9Yop5.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just saw the "Everyone gets 200 splinters" thing

why is gaz so best?

ParityBit

I asked this in game chat last night, but it is much easier to have the discussion here.

What is the best way to level up my hero? I am level 57 with Torch and then will move onto someone else when I hit 60. When I log in, I have a multitude of options but I do not know what is best to do!

Dec

I asked this in game chat last night, but it is much easier to have the discussion here.

What is the best way to level up my hero? I am level 57 with Torch and then will move onto someone else when I hit 60. When I log in, I have a multitude of options but I do not know what is best to do!

Since we're almost always in the middle of an event that rewards a ton of xp the old tried and true method gets left behind.

Which is...

do legendary quests!

For the fastest xp, sit in a group in midtown and reroll legendary quests to midtown. For still good xp, reroll legendary quests to terminal ones and do them quickly on red difficulty (some heroes will have trouble).

Since legendary quests unlock at 20 you'll need to do holosim until then.

Vecks

Speaking of LQs, did anyone else get the Mandarin LQ since the patch? I think it's bugged. Turrets weren't spawning in all the terminals for me, so I had to reroll.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

I find holo-sim the best way to level 1-60. And if you do it during a big server side exp boost(like the omega event) it's insane. Legendary quests are good too but can be more time consuming depending on which one you roll.

Since we're almost always in the middle of an event that rewards a ton of xp the old tried and true method gets left behind.

Which is...

do legendary quests!

For the fastest xp, sit in a group in midtown and reroll legendary quests to midtown. For still good xp, reroll legendary quests to terminal ones and do them quickly on red difficulty (some heroes will have trouble).

I find holo-sim the best way to level 1-60. And if you do it during a big server side exp boost(like the omega event) it's insane. Legendary quests are good too but can be more time consuming depending on which one you roll.

The best part about legendary quests is that by the time you hit 60, (and maybe prestige once) you'll probably be pretty close to being able to buy a legendary with Odin Marks.

Speaking of LQs, did anyone else get the Mandarin LQ since the patch? I think it's bugged. Turrets weren't spawning in all the terminals for me, so I had to reroll.

I didn't see this, but MODOK turrets seemed pretty sparse in AIM Weapon Facility, though that place is a crapshoot, so who knows.

I might try to do a raid this weekend, so if any Euro Gaffers want in, let me know. (And any NA'ers too!)

Rhaknar

hmm yeah... when is Portugalese time compared to Texas time??

its not "portuguese time", this isnt about me. its european time, either mine / uk, or the rest of europe which is 1 hour more than us. its still a big difference

basically you would have to do it early afternoon for you guys, which is nighttime for us. which works on weekends, not so much during the week

the one and only raid Ive done was on a saturday like that (I think it was like 2 or 3pm in the states)

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
The best part about legendary quests is that by the time you hit 60, (and maybe prestige once) you'll probably be pretty close to being able to buy a legendary with Odin Marks.

Yeah that's true. I was talking just experience gain. I got close to 2000 Odin marks so they don't matter much to me.

Dec

its not "portuguese time", this isnt about me. its european time, either mine / uk, or the rest of europe which is 1 hour more than us. its still a big difference

basically you would have to do it early afternoon for you guys, which is nighttime for us. which works on weekends, not so much during the week

the one and only raid Ive done was on a saturday like that (I think it was like 2 or 3pm in the states)

I'd be down for a 2/3pm est raid tomorrow if there are enough people.

Dec

Still working on recording the amount of Kurse kills between goks. All the prestiging and now ICP grinding for the new rings...

I'm thinking I'll kill Kurse a total of 1,000 times and report how many goks I found and what # kill they came from then reset and count another 1,000.

I'll keep doing it since I found an easy way to count them and eventually I'll have a big sample size.

Only at 124 kills now with 1 gok drop on kill 74.

Still working on recording the amount of Kurse kills between goks. All the prestiging and now ICP grinding for the new rings...

I'm thinking I'll kill Kurse a total of 1,000 times and report how many goks I found and what # kill they came from then reset and count another 1,000.

I'll keep doing it since I found an easy way to count them and eventually I'll have a big sample size.

Only at 124 kills now with 1 gok drop on kill 74.

Running any buffs?

Dec

Running any buffs?

Generally no. but the first 74 kills were during the event which may skew the drop rate a little, though I honestly don't think the cosmic chaos double drop loot from cosmic bosses effects the rare item drop table.

-
From what I understand, all cosmic bosses share a drop table. When you kill a cosmic boss you roll a set amount of dice on the "cosmic" drop table. During cosmic chaos you have double the rolls = double the total number of items you get from it.

Separate from this entirely is the boss specific drop table. Every time you kill a boss that has specific loot, you roll a single dice that determines if you get on that table or not.

guessing after this point:

I think you would only get one of the bosses unique items, and can't get multiple in one kill (algrim and a gok in 1 kill). People assume algrim is more rare than gok but that could be explained by gok having a higher chance to drop than it (assume you get on the boss specific table and it is 1 to 100 and if you roll 1-75 it's a gok, 76-100 is algrim).

I don't think, based on how many times I've killed Kurse during or not during double cosmic terminal loot, that you get two boss specific loot rolls during cosmic chaos. Just double rolls on the cosmic boss table.

ParityBit

Which is...

do legendary quests!

Wow. Okay so there seems to be a couple of ways. I was running midtown for the boxes and all that xp. No one ever groups though. I see people running around and I mostly just run around killing what I can.

Dec

As a new player probably needing legendary items and blessings for so many characters, I think legendary quests is the best way to go about leveling.

If people don't invite you to a group just start spamming their asses with invites, hit O and open your nearby tab to start inviting away. Some people will accept and any extra party members speeds it along quite a bit.

KePoW

Banned
Generally no. but the first 74 kills were during the event which may skew the drop rate a little, though I honestly don't think the cosmic chaos double drop loot from cosmic bosses effects the rare item drop table.

-
From what I understand, all cosmic bosses share a drop table. When you kill a cosmic boss you roll a set amount of dice on the "cosmic" drop table. During cosmic chaos you have double the rolls = double the total number of items you get from it.

Separate from this entirely is the boss specific drop table. Every time you kill a boss that has specific loot, you roll a single dice that determines if you get on that table or not.

guessing after this point:

I think you would only get one of the bosses unique items, and can't get multiple in one kill (algrim and a gok in 1 kill). People assume algrim is more rare thank gok but that could be explained by gok having a higher chance to drop than it (assume you get on the boss specific table and it is 1 to 100 and if you roll 1-75 it's a gok, 76-100 is algrim).

I don't think, based on how many times I've killed Kurse during or not during double cosmic terminal loot, that you get two boss specific loot rolls during cosmic chaos. Just double rolls on the cosmic boss table.

yeah but weren't there server Rarity boosts going on last week. That affects things

I think it's best to do experiments like this with no boosts/events, otherwise it skews the statistics

Also hasn't there already been people on the forums who figured out the drop rates for boss-specific items? I remember skimming it a couple months ago. I'm too lazy to search forums, but I wanna say they figured it to be around 1 in 200

Dec

yeah but weren't there server Rarity boosts going on last week. That affects things

I think it's best to do experiments like this with no boosts/events, otherwise it skews the statistics

Also hasn't there already been people on the forums who figured out the drop rates for boss-specific items? I remember skimming it a couple months ago. I'm too lazy to search forums, but I wanna say they figured it to be around 1 in 200

Who knows what rare item find does, I think most people consider it worthless. In either case I extremely rarely run boosts and will do my best to not run Kurse when I have one. Can't do anything about events but I don't think they would render results worthless because no matter what people are unlikely to be running Kurse at 0% rare item find so tests using that as a baseline aren't accurate either. Given the nature of the game complete accuracy isn't possible. We're also trying to find the drop rate of an item that has no guarantee of dropping ever so results are flawed from the start.

I don't know about people figuring out drop rates. A quick google search brings up people asking what the drop rate is and being answered with "I get one in 9 hours" type stuff.

In any case, why not? It doesn't bother me much, I just add 1 to a counter every kill. A couple people seemed interested in the results too so I'll keep at it.

I think that star-lord costume looks pretty bad.

KePoW

Banned

I guess so!

The only time I've read Starlord so far is in Annihilation. And he looks completely different there... actually he's like a cyborg or something in that. With some metal terminator thing on his eye

wats da story on that, I'm not going back to read any older timeline comix

Top Bottom