• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Dec

They got a new artist/modeler. He's good.

I think he's done all of Magneto's and Venoms costumes so far. Really impressive.

How's Thor post-review? I can snag a 400 splinter hero now, and out of the ones I don't have (only 6 or so), he's the one I'm most interested in.

He was one of the last heroes I ever bought because I didn't think I would like him. I've now played Thor almost exclusively for over 3 weeks. This patch he became an absolute monster in the damage department.

LuuKyK

After trying X-23... she is not that bad. I like her unique trees at least. She has like, three powers that are actually like Wolv, but the rest is fine.

Dec

Ini edits moved http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143547436&postcount=4158

Edit: Parity asked about story rewards and I forgot to link Rhaknar's guide: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114575065&postcount=11401

This is outdated because once you unlock a waypoint it is unlocked on every hero now, but it's still useful. I'll trim the unnecessary parts.

Chapter 1. rush through warehouse, kill doc ock, grab the Tablet (25 health reward)

Chapter 2. teleport to the cargo freighter and clear it, go back to maria hill in Avengers tower (1 power point reward)

Chapter 3. teleport to Bamboo forrest dash your way north until you find the alcove with a canoo/boat outside, go inside the instance, clear it for 5 spirit bonus. Press B (default) to port back to your base, teleport to Hand Tower rush through ignoring all the ninjas and just kill elektra and grab the tablet

Chapter 4. teleport to Upper East Side (THIS IS OPTIONAL, if you dont want the retcon potion skip this), go to the police station and kill bullseye (retcon reward). teleport to Fisk Tower clear the tower (as usual just ignore the mobs and go straight for the boss), grab the tablet again (lol) for 1 power point reward

Chapter 5. teleport to Old Trainyard, rush to juggernaut for 50 health reward

Chapter 6. teleport to Command Bunker, rush and kill pyro / magneto for 5 spirit reward.

Chapter 7. teleport to the shield science station, clear it for 1 power point reward. teleport to mutate marsh and search the marsh for a instance called Evolution Facility (this is the most annoying part of this guide in my opinion), clear it for 50 health reward. Press B (default) to go back to your base, teleport to Sinister lab and clear it.

Chapter 8. Clear Hydra island for 5 spirit reward.

Chapter 9. teleport to ancient ruin site and go inside after the cutscene for 1 power point reward. Clear it, in Odins palace go to the northwest corner for the quest to go to the canals. In the canals pray to all the gods that the bosses before Malekith instance are dead so you can just walk in, if not you have to kill all the bosses (theres always people around) to get access to Malekith instance (follow the yellow circle quest marker, its usually in the middle-ish of the map). Clear Malekith, go back to Odin Palace, go to the northeast corner for Loki quest. Kill Loki for 5 spirit reward.

Again, credit to Rhaknar.

Speaking of stutter tweaks. If anyone runs this game on crossfire AMD cards. I would try forcing the game to run in AFR mode rather than default, I get much smoother gameplay that way. YMMV.though.

I'm running 2x 7970s myself.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if Toxin is the alt, ill be ok with that. would prefer Anti-Venom tho

Moondrop

Banned
Played around on the TC some more. X-23 seemed pretty cool and effective.

Test drove even more heroes I'd never tried; they weren't for me. I'm still a bit interested in Emma summoner/melee, but the melee kit felt incomplete. I'll check in with her later.

Then a silly build idea occurred to me: Sue Summoner. Checking, others have pursued it as well. This is going to be ridiculous.

More Venom teasers:

xR9ZTW3.jpg

It's not Carnage, but it'll have to do for now.

if Toxin is the alt, ill be ok with that. would prefer Anti-Venom tho

You're covered in this regard.

I don't play characters based on their comic representations, and mechanically Carnage should translate well into a video game character. On top of that Carnage just has a really cool design (and I've always been partial to black+red color schemes).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You're covered in this regard.

what do you mean? I thought they havent said which one is the alt (and by alt I mean the alt that people with advance pack get, if they both come out on release I guss they are both alts )

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I don't play characters based on their comic representations, and mechanically Carnage should translate well into a video game character. On top of that Carnage just has a really cool design (and I've always been partial to black+red color schemes).

I guess I have a harder time separating mechanics from the representational/thematic aspects of the character and their powers. The character, visuals and sounds all matter a great deal to me. There really aren't that many super unique characters, mechanically speaking, in MH so that's really the big thing that sets a lot of them apart.

Also, what characters got significantly better with this patch? I tried some Cyclops but he didn't feel drastically more powerful, but I'm not a min/maxer. Any recommendations, anyone?

KePoW

Banned
I guess I have a harder time separating mechanics from the representational/thematic aspects of the character and their powers. The character, visuals and sounds all matter a great deal to me. There really aren't that many super unique characters, mechanically speaking, in MH so that's really the big thing that sets a lot of them apart.

Also, what characters got significantly better with this patch? I tried some Cyclops but he didn't feel drastically more powerful, but I'm not a min/maxer. Any recommendations, anyone?

Not sure. The 2 or 3 characters I've played seem about the same

My friend said Spider-Man felt noticeably stronger, but haven't tested that myself

Telepath Emma got a hefty boost. Probably the most of any character.

Dec

Hawkeye got a really big buff. 1:31 TTK to 0:53

Thor 0:59 ttk to 0:37

Luke Cage. 0:54 to 0:38

Punisher 1:40 to 1:07

These are their fastest raid dummy kills on record before and after the tuning patch.

Invisible woman 2:17 to 1:43

Nightcrawler 1:35 to 60s

I brutal'ed some guy the other night with Emmas Kneel Before Me for 2.6 million damage, and Im not really even geared very well. Thats record damage for me.

I finally got my 15 bits of bark today and got a Zola from the random box. Im super happy about it because I think its one of the better artifacts I could have gotten.
I only got an average roll (270-ish to crit hit and damage), but I can sort that out later.
I also brutal'ed a dino at the zoo for 3.9 million today :D

Got my Mags to 60 and geared him up a little today, he's definitely good fun and once I equipped a Mark of the Odinborn for infinite spirit, he was more enjoyable not having to keep an eye on spirit every 2 seconds.

Seems really squishy though. I'm hitting fairly hard - with still my slot 5 unique to get, and a slot 4 that's only at level 48, and less than optimal artifacts, but survivability is pretty bad.

Won't be replacing my Psylocke for daily runs - yet anyway - as she's survived the "nerf" pretty well I'd say. I've not noticed any difference.

KePoW

Banned
I got a Lizard Formula from event box

What's the minimum values I should have for the rolls, if I'm not a min-max'er ??

Vecks

Didn't think the crimson box would have the new artifacts, since they aren't listed in the tooltip, but got Spider-clone serum from mine (which I promptly traded away to Hereafter).

I wish I had some leftover bark from the last time. Not sure if I'll be able to have enough for another box.

Indignate

Oh, the avatars are already coming out, I see.

She's not even released yet but I guess if we want to jump out ahead of everybody...

ParityBit

So I hit 60 with Torch this weekend, good stuff! I am onto Mr. Fantastic. So far he's cool, just got to 33. My problem is the number of skills, what to use when and how to control the UI! Any suggestions? Flipping pages, positions on the bars, etc?

Rhaknar

played a bit of mags today, up to 20. He is flashy as shit so I already love him. Seems squishy tho.

Using the aoe dot from the left tree, and the aoe shrapnel bubble from the right tree for now. Love both spells, but how are you supposed to get more debris? its fine while questing or in terminals, but in xdef for example I couldnt get any

So I've been leveling Rogue a bit, and I kinda wanna get a good set of abilities for her. I've read up on some endgame builds and grabbed Gambit's power, and Gamora and Drax passives for the ally powers, and I plan on taking Kirigi for the teleport, but what other villain powers are worth investing into?
I currently am rolling with Blob's bellyflop and Electro's AoE field. Any other suggestions that aren't Slab?

played a bit of mags today, up to 20. He is flashy as shit so I already love him. Seems squishy tho.

Using the aoe dot from the left tree, and the aoe shrapnel bubble from the right tree for now. Love both spells, but how are you supposed to get more debris? its fine while questing or in terminals, but in xdef for example I couldnt get any

Some powers give you debris upon use. There's a homing shot (you start with that one) and a rapid fire shot you can spam to get more debris. They're in the left tree.

Rhaknar

Some powers give you debris upon use. There's a homing shot (you start with that one) and a rapid fire shot you can spam to get more debris. They're in the left tree.

the basic from the middle tree, the rebounding ball, sounds like it would give you debris but it doesnt (unless theres some around I guess) so that was disapointing

Ill have to check those you mentioned out

the basic from the middle tree, the rebounding ball, sounds like it would give you debris but it doesnt (unless theres some around I guess) so that was disapointing

Ill have to check those you mentioned out

Shrapnel Barrage, Blunt Instrument, and his sig give you debris. On top of that you can get debris from attacking enemies while they have the Imprison dot on them. With Barrage, it'll be a noticeable gain.

So I've been leveling Rogue a bit, and I kinda wanna get a good set of abilities for her. I've read up on some endgame builds and grabbed Gambit's power, and Gamora and Drax passives for the ally powers, and I plan on taking Kirigi for the teleport, but what other villain powers are worth investing into?
I currently am rolling with Blob's bellyflop and Electro's AoE field. Any other suggestions that aren't Slab?

Sadly there aren't many outside of the raid bosses. Too many passives.

I also want to note that I love the power of his where he calls those little metal spheres and fires them in a shotgun blast. It's so great to clear out trash mobs quickly. It also makes me want to quote Duke Nukem.

Sadly there aren't many outside of the raid bosses. Too many passives.

I had Grim Reaper's spread gun scythes, that was a pretty damn awesome power. I deleted it on accident tho. :(

Rhaknar

looking at the top of the page, I thought I did a updated guide with the new waypoint system? hmm

EDIT: Rhaknar, yeah it doesn't get any better, not sure if you saw my post further above but Mags is really squishy. I've gotten a bit over the one hit kills in Cosmic Terms.

I got a Lizard Formula from event box

got Spider-clone serum from mine (which I promptly traded away to Hereafter).

Lucky buggers, both of you.

Still not seen either and I've been smashing ICP and Zoo.

Vecks

So I hit 60 with Torch this weekend, good stuff! I am onto Mr. Fantastic. So far he's cool, just got to 33. My problem is the number of skills, what to use when and how to control the UI! Any suggestions? Flipping pages, positions on the bars, etc?

Everyone has a different setup I'm sure.
My personal setup is usually like this: first I stick all the toggles/long duration summons on the 2nd bar. So I quickly tap "2", choose the toggles/summons I need, and switch back.

All my commonly used powers are on the A-H. Left click I usually stick melee spirit spenders or any kind of basic if they are a ranged hero. Right click, using the F1-4 hotkeys, is everything else that I don't have room for but don't need to use often, such as powers with long 20-30 second cooldowns like buffs/signature, or are really situational, like flight/motorcycle.

Rhaknar

as a style over substance fan, what other Mags spells should I be looking forward to?

that car one sounds cool from the description (I love the luke cage car move) and of course the signature. Im already using the shrapnel aoe and the debris bubble aoe

as a style over substance fan, what other Mags spells should I be looking forward to?

that car one sounds cool from the description (I love the luke cage car move) and of course the signature. Im already using the shrapnel aoe and the debris bubble aoe

There's one spell in the middle tree I think, I forgot what it was called. But it pulls enemies closer. That one is so good with the meat grinder. :D

Magnetic Eruption. Possibly Spiked Impale.

Rhaknar

im reading on the forums that on the TC you cant blend default costumes anymore? o_O

if thats intended and not a bug its absolutely horseshit

Top Bottom