• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Drayco21

im reading on the forums that on the TC you cant blend default costumes anymore? o_O

if thats intended and not a bug its absolutely horseshit

Earlier this year, they did that thing were you no longer got an extra default costume when you prestiged, and everyone threw dark at them because it ruined costume blending- they fixed it then. I can't imagine they would intentionally do something else that would rile up that exact same group of people. At least, I hope they wouldn't- would be really lame if they did this.

Drayco21

Maybe we'll prestige and get a random costume instead from now on? (We can always dream, can't we?)

That would be radical. While we're dreaming, maybe it would be possible to buy a random costume box with splinters? That'd justify the removal of the default costume in the blender too.

That would be radical. While we're dreaming, maybe it would be possible to buy a random costume box with splinters? That'd justify the removal of the default costume in the blender too.

800 splinters for a cheap costume, 2,500 for enhanced. I'm calling it right now.

Regarding the default costume blending, it's probably just us catching Gaz in the middle of a transition or something. All the starter characters that are available for free now can have their default costumes removed and blended, allowing a new account to access four random costumes for nothing beyond the crafting cost. Gaz is probably just figuring something out to prevent people from taking advantage of this for much longer.

Regarding the default costume blending, it's probably just us catching Gaz in the middle of a transition or something. All the starter characters that are available for free now can have their default costumes removed and blended, allowing a new account to access four random costumes for nothing beyond the crafting cost. Gaz is probably just figuring something out to prevent people from taking advantage of this for much longer.

Yeah I totally did that.... xD

Didn't get anything useful out of it though!

inky

Who needs the blender anyway? New costumes totally drop in this game all the time right?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
1300 hrs, still waiting

I actually had two costumes (for characters I didn't have) drop during the anniversary event back in like July(?)

The blender is really the only reason I bother to prestige, so I guess that's out the window if this change is intentional.

They should really just have the "capped" starters be costume-less until you uncap them at level 10.

Now I'm wondering if I should just prestige all my characters even though I have no inventory space for all their gear.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If you can't blend default costumes, why would you blend in the first place?

Cuz it's a lot of fun to dump ~$15-$30 worth of virtual goods for a random ~$5-$10 one that you probably don't even really want!

Well, now I know what I'm doing tonight. Better clear out a stash tab for all these prestiges.

They should solve it by only giving the costumes to the starter characters after a new player purchases the character.

Ploid 3.0

Too bad that I was only missing two of the starter characters. I took advantage of the costume after reading about the basic costumes being out of the crafting change. Later i will farm cubes for prestiging the other characters I have that still use the basic costumes.

I got a 90's xmen Scott out of my blend. Goodbye blending.

KePoW

Banned
Some crazy conclusion jumping in this thread right now.

lol yeah was just thinking the same thing

Fro already gave a potential reason for what's going on Test Center, and now everyone here is about to prestige every character they own on Live tonight... lol

Ploid 3.0

There's no harm in what I did. I already put all my defaults of characters I didn't plan on maining into the blender before. The news just brought to my attention that the starter characters had defaults I could also blend which I totally didn't think about. The further blending will be Rocket Raccoon (I don't play him anymore), Rogue (slowed down playing her and I never prestiged her), and Psylocke (I would have prestiged her again anyway). Those 3 would finish off my default costumes for blending. Better safe than sorry.

The reason I ever started blending defaults of characters I only intended to hit 50 - 60 on and drop is getting to 60 is easy and don't require much of any special gear anyway.

Some crazy conclusion jumping in this thread right now.

lol yeah was just thinking the same thing

Fro already gave a potential reason for what's going on Test Center, and now everyone here is about to prestige every character they own on Live tonight... lol

Well, based on the facts, there's nothing wrong with being safe rather than sorry. We know it's up on the TC right now, and that Gaz has made no comment on it.

We know that the previous change affecting the blender (prestige only granting a costume on 1st and cosmic prestiges) would have gone through if not for the outcry about it. I don't see why voicing displeasure with a choice is "jumping to conclusions." Plus, as mentioned a few pages ago, Ryolnir occasionally reads this thread, so it's merely another platform.

I have hopes that we're all acting crazy, I guess it is only 10:50 PST, maybe no one's had enough coffee to respond on the official forums yet.

KePoW

Banned
We know that the previous change affecting the blender (prestige only granting a costume on 1st and cosmic prestiges) would have gone through if not for the outcry about it. I don't see why voicing displeasure with a choice is "jumping to conclusions."

oh I wasn't laughing at voicing displeasure... I was the first one to loudly do that above

I was finding it hilarious that everyone now wants to start prestiging every character immediately on Live. That's a serious overreaction haha

Well yeah, we were wrong:

Saint Ryolnir said:
Hey all,

As I just posted on Reddit -

This recipe wasn't meant to be changed and this was and was the result of a miscommunication internally. The intended change is that the Starter Heroes you don't own will not be allowed to have their costumes taken and used in the 'Grinder' for obvious reasons.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1984086#Comment_1984086

I'm still due for a few prestiges, so I'm doing a blender tonight!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
X-23 - December 12th, 2014

Venom - Very end of December is target, possibly +/- a week, but likely around Xmas.

Winter Soldier - Approximately Feb 1.

Iceman - Approximately March 1.

also

Winter Soldier will probably make it for January 29th.

His ultimate is just amazing and huge props to the team for it. I can't wait to see how it actually works out (if it works...)

Got all my 60 Uniques for Mags last night. Pretty happy with where he is now, though still find him really squishy and prone to those insta-death hits in Cosmics.

Had a good run in ICP last night with both of the Unique rings dropping within ~5 mins of one another.

So Mags is rocking the Energy ring now which is great.

I really chose a bad time to change up legendary items. I regret not doing this during the omega week. Just hit rank 3, and doing LQs seems like an endless road.

It's so crazy.

The new Power Cosmic I put on Psylocke on the last day of Omega, I had from zero to maxed out in one evening, maybe 3 hours of play time.

I've put probably 6 hours into my Magneto now and the gungnir is still not even half-way through level four haha..

Good thing I blended those two costumes along with my normal gambit costume before they changed it so I couldn't.

I've already blended too many characters's starter costumes for this to have worked. It did make me accelerate my plans to purchase two new heroes with ES, though. I had to get that default Hulk costume off of him (Mr. Fixit was sitting in my stash for him) because I needed one more costume to use the blender. Then I ended up with Wolverine X-Force which meant that I had to unlock Wolverine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh Iceman isnt the first of the 2015 AP? oh well

Grunt was asking about the 64 Bit version of the game in the chat.

I've been using it for a while now and it's glorious. Double or better FPS gains. The only drawbacks are no Steam overlay for screenshots / Steam chat + occasional sound muting for a bit.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=351825116

Basically, go to your Steam folder and go into \SteamApps\common\Marvel Heroes\UnrealEngine3\Binaries\Win64\ here you will find MarvelHeroes2015.exe

Just make a shortcut to it and add -nosteam -nobitraider -solidstate. This will launch the 64 bit version.

Being able to run Midtown at 60 FPS is amazing.

KePoW

Banned

I've been using it for a while now and it's glorious. Double or better FPS gains. The only drawbacks are no Steam overlay for screenshots / Steam chat + occasional sound muting for a bit.

Basically, go to your Steam folder and go into \SteamApps\common\Marvel Heroes\UnrealEngine3\Binaries\Win64\ here you will find MarvelHeroes2015.exe

Just make a shortcut to it and add -nosteam -nobitraider -solidstate. This will launch the 64 bit version.

Does this prevent Steam from tracking your hours played?

The cynic in me says that the change in the TC blender was intentional to gauge reaction and test the waters. But the reaction was a no-go signal.

WHOA.

I had no idea.
Will be trying this tonight for sure.

Drayco21

I was assuming I'd be stuck having to wait until the end of the year before I'd be able to play as Bucky- glad to see he's going to come out so early.

So I prestiged three characters, got Kid Nova costume from the blender. Problem: I don't own Nova.

So MarvelGAF, convince me to buy Nova! I actually have enough splinters for him, but I've kinda just been stockpiling them. The only 600 splinter hero I don't have is Iron Man, and if he's more fun to play, I'd rather pick him up now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I prestiged three characters, got Kid Nova costume from the blender. Problem: I don't own Nova.

So MarvelGAF, convince me to buy Nova! I actually have enough splinters for him, but I've kinda just been stockpiling them. The only 600 splinter hero I don't have is Iron Man, and if he's more fun to play, I'd rather pick him up now.

he's awful, one of my least favorite characters, up there (down there?) with pre-review Punisher. And I own every hero in the game

Did that help?

Drayco21

You get the ability to appreciate the fact that Gaz made the right choice, and Dick Rider is the default Nova if you buy him.

I can't actually recommend him on the merit of his actual gameplay, he feels like a launch hero with really mediocre mechanics. His only saving grace is his connection to the best era of storylines in modern Marvel if you already have that connection there.

he's awful, one of my least favorite characters, up there (down there?) with pre-review Punisher. And I own every hero in the game

Did that help?

You get the ability to appreciate the fact that Gaz made the right choice, and Dick Rider is the default Nova if you buy him.

I can't actually recommend him on the merit of his actual gameplay, he feels like a launch hero with really mediocre mechanics. His only saving grace is his connection to the best era of storylines in modern Marvel if you already have that connection there.

Ha I kinda recalled reading some of this hate in the thread. Gonna hold off for now.

So I should drop MH for MvC?

Lord Phol

:O. If true that is awesome! Gotta try this when I get home. Just got my new 144Hz monitor so things should be smoooooth! :D

I would probably skip him until/if gaz decides to show him some love. They pretty much rushed him out of the door and couldn't forget him any sooner. The only thing they commented on through the whole test process was the addition of some new visuals for his melee moves, which have yet to come and hasn't been mentioend ever since. He's pretty much left in the dark right now.

It's great that they got Troy Baker and made Richard the default but he still doesn't compare to the newer heroes and even level 52 reworks. His design/mechanics are just not as fleshed out as one would expect from a MH 2015 hero and he definetly feels rushed. I'd save the splinters for Venom, he is looking rad as hell!

Top Bottom