• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
About time Surfer gets a new costume. That being said they need to hurry up and release the red F4 costumes (and Star-Lord's red variant of his default, which should've been his default). Need to get back to playing Reed again.

pics?

I read somewhere that she is the worst selling character in the game, by a significant margin. Might be why we aren't seeing anything in the form of costumes.

She looks awful though, so Im not suprized. Other than Psylocke, she is the WORST looking character in the game for me. Giant feet and a non-existent ass will not encourage much money to be spent.

Dec

Going to order an SSD thanks to cyber monday, small part is that it helps for MH a lot but... I have no good way of backing shit up since I don't own an external hard drive anymore.

I might have to rip all my cds in flac over again. One band's discography doesn't even fit on a 4.7Gb dvd.

Aaanyways... going to log in and start this raid in a few minutes. Need to go fast because something popped up that I need to do before 9:30.

edit: will stream it this time.

Drayco21

About time Surfer gets a new costume. That being said they need to hurry up and release the red F4 costumes (and Star-Lord's red variant of his default, which should've been his default). Need to get back to playing Reed again.

You think Surfer's hurtin', you should see how Clint feels.

I'm still baffled the Conquest costume is Star-Lord's default. Not in a negative way, since it and the costume that should have been the default are both GOAT, but how did Marvel and Gaz end up settling on the color scheme for an event long past that keep him from looking uniform with the other two teammates already in-game? I'm still buttmad they wasted time on Marvel Now Star-Lord before getting the world's easiest pallete swap out of the way for him.

Dec

Almost no downtime this week but we had so many pugs it wasn't any faster.

Sorry for the people that popped on after we started. I had to meet someone to sell my Vita since I haven't used it in forever. Needed to pull a group together and complete the raid in 50 mins.

Going to order an SSD thanks to cyber monday, small part is that it helps for MH a lot but... I have no good way of backing shit up since I don't own an external hard drive anymore.
Buy a hard drive enclosure and put your old HDD in it. Those are inexpensive. Or use both internally if you can.
Almost no downtime this week but we had so many pugs it wasn't any faster.

Sorry for the people that popped on after we started. I had to meet someone to sell my Vita since I haven't used it in forever. Needed to pull a group together and complete the raid in 50 mins.
At least we were able to do it quickly with no issues, so you made your required time.

Dec

Buy a hard drive enclosure and put your old HDD in it. Those are inexpensive. Or use both internally if you can.

At least we were able to do it quickly with no issues, so you made your required time.

I actually have an enclosure but the HDD in it died and I never replaced it. I am going to have both internal though and use the old HDD for media files.

Just need to burn 8 dvds of shit... meh gotta wait for shipping anyways.

I read somewhere that she is the worst selling character in the game, by a significant margin. Might be why we aren't seeing anything in the form of costumes.

Wow.

I agree she's one of the worst looking characters in the game - that model is horrible, but I thought she was quite fun to level through to 60.

Obviously I don't get into the whole TTK/Raid thing, but I understand she's useless for that or whatever, but I still thought she was a nicely designed character (in terms of powers/flashiness etc).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wow.

I agree she's one of the worst looking characters in the game - that model is horrible, but I thought she was quite fun to level through to 60.

Obviously I don't get into the whole TTK/Raid thing, but I understand she's useless for that or whatever, but I still thought she was a nicely designed character (in terms of powers/flashiness etc).

as a lover of flash (spectacle, not the DC hero), I love Sue.

Spiky balls, that aoe that looks like a whirlwind of energy, the giant aoe discs that you drop on fools, shes got flash coming out of her invisible ass

Heads up everyone!

If you want to make sure you get enough Bark from this event for 2 crimson boxes (8 "days" = 32 Bark / 33 with the 1 from the GALAXY promo code), you only have a 6 hour window to get Thursday's Login / SQ Bark and go to Groot. That window begins in ~an hour and 45 minutes (Midnight PST to 6 AM PST).

From the official forums:
Ryolnir said:
Unbalancer said:
said: Are we seeing the patch to Live Thursday or Friday (for the sake of Bark we need to know!)
We are currently planning to patch on Thursday at 6AM. .

Edit:
Also, when the patch goes live, we will see the return of the ARMOR event.

Annnnnnd the server's down. Wonderful >_<.

Edit: Servers are back up, but no log-in bonus for Bark. Only 3 for today. Luckily, that's still enough for players to get a second Crimson Box if they did all the SQs this event.

Edit 2: Got a Spider-Clone Serum and Black Tom's Shillelagh. \o/

Nobody posting the goods?!?!

Deadpool Kid:

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-10.12.x5.png

Clea (da best):

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-10.12.x8.png

Amazing Spider-Man:

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-10.12.x7.png

Venom classic/default:

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-10.12.x6.png

Punisher HERBIE and the Fortune Card you'll have to buy silly amounts of to get the Future Foundation Doom TU::

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-10.12.x3.png

Contents of the card for those curious:

8ANSSyZ.png

Got on real quick to get my last piece of Bark.

Accidentally bought the Bounty Hunter box

Uninstalled.

Holy shit! I did the exact same thing. lol.
I hadnt refreshed Groots inventory from the last time I bought the Crimson Box and instinctively selected the Bounty Hunter Box, because the was no Crimson Box there to choose. Very dumb of me >:/
I put in a ticket to see if Gaz can help me. Now I'll just wait and see.

Indignate

Because I'm an idiot.

Holy shit! I did the exact same thing. lol.
I hadnt refreshed Groots inventory from the last time I bought the Crimson Box and instinctively selected the Bounty Hunter Box, because the was no Crimson Box there to choose. Very dumb of me >:/
I put in a ticket to see if Gaz can help me. Now I'll just wait and see.

Let me know if that goes through. I might think about doing it as well.

More likely I'll just live with my mistake though because X-23 is out soon and nothing else really matters.

Lord Phol

What the, just checked my stash and I'm missing 3 GoKs...

Edit: OMG! Now one is missing from my Nova as well!!!! And Star-Lord... That's 5 GoKs.
It's so weird my goks are all that's missing (I think), not sure if my account has been compromised or if gaz has done something.

Scanning with AVG atm, anyone know any good anti-spyware/key-logging softwares?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
What the, just checked my stash and I'm missing 3 GoKs...

Edit: OMG! Now one is missing from my Nova as well!!!! And Star-Lord... That's 5 GoKs.
It's so weird my goks are all that's missing (I think), not sure if my account has been compromised or if gaz has done something.

Scanning with AVG atm, anyone know any good anti-spyware/key-logging softwares?

This seems to be happening to a lot of people lately. Not sure what the deal is. One guy had a theory that people are registering for sites like Marvelheroes.info with the same password and or email they use for the game, you didn't do that did you?

Lord Phol

This seems to be happening to a lot of people lately. Not sure what the deal is. One guy had a theory that people are registering for sites like Marvelheroes.info with the same password they use for the game, you didn't do that did you?

Nope, two different passwords. Same gmail. Don't think I've signed up to any other marvel related sites. However the password I used for my Marvel Heroes account is something I've used for other games as well. It sucks having lost 5 GoKs, but I hope it's only my MH account that's been compromised. Not expecting Gaz to be able to do much, though they should have logs on my hero trading away all his goks to someone else or similar. Glad to hear I'm not the only one to have suffered, should make Gaz a bit more alert and helpful, also makes me think it was just a fast hit'n'run MH only thing.

Nope, two different passwords. Same gmail. Don't think I've signed up to any other marvel related sites. However the password I used for my Marvel Heroes account is something I've used for other games as well. It sucks having lost 5 GoKs, but I hope it's only my MH account that's been compromised. Not expecting Gaz to be able to do much, though they should have logs on my hero trading away all his goks to someone else or similar. Glad to hear I'm not the only one to have suffered, should make Gaz a bit more alert and helpful, also makes me think it was just a fast hit'n'run MH only thing.

Damn, that sucks Phol. I hope they roll out the new account security features soon, though two-step authentication is understandably in the distant future. In the meantime, I think I'll change my password, too.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1992503#Comment_1992503

Dec

Heads up everyone!

If you want to make sure you get enough Bark from this event for 2 crimson boxes (8 "days" = 32 Bark / 33 with the 1 from the GALAXY promo code), you only have a 6 hour window to get Thursday's Login / SQ Bark and go to Groot. That window begins in ~an hour and 45 minutes (Midnight PST to 6 AM PST).

From the official forums:

Edit:
Also, when the patch goes live, we will see the return of the ARMOR event.

What the fuck man...

I needed one fucking bark. I got up and made coffee and by the time I got back and saw this it was 10 minutes after server shut down.

Now I'll be stuck with 14 bark until GOTG2.

ParityBit

What the fuck man...

I needed one fucking bark. I got up and made coffee and by the time I got back and saw this it was 10 minutes after server shut down.

Now I'll be stuck with 14 bark until GOTG2.

Ditto! Although I did not long in. I went to work, where I still is. :)

Dec

So they penned x-23 for Friday on the "official" tracker, then launched her 24 hours early with 9 hours notice.

That 9 hours fell exactly from midnight to 9AM EST?

Gee. Thanks.

On the bright side, Amazon is Amazon and sent out my ssd extremely quickly with much faster shipping than anticipated. yay

Yeah, I kinda thought if they were releasing her on Friday I still had a shot at another crimson box, but unfortunately I missed a day of SQs, and would have been 4 bark short even if I did get to log in this morning.

Also, slightly unrelated to the game, but I just read who a character "really is" on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it's pretty cool.

Dec

Yeah, I kinda thought if they were releasing her on Friday I still had a shot at another crimson box, but unfortunately I missed a day of SQs, and would have been 4 bark short even if I did get to log in this morning.

Also, slightly unrelated to the game, but I just read who a character "really is" on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it's pretty cool.

Always interesting. I just started season 2, is it a new character?

Going into my last final in a few hours. Hopefully now I can actually go to a raid. I watched the stream last night while studying, good stuff.

Going into my last final in a few hours. Hopefully now I can actually go to a raid. I watched the stream last night while studying, good stuff.

Hey, good luck!

MH hasn't had an ARMOR event since the introduction of Industry City Patrol, right? I wonder if bosses there will drop 1 drive each like in Midtown. Might be a good place to farm.

Dec

Whats is the ARMOR event?

Certain bosses drop varying amounts of armor drives that can be spent at a vendor for artifacts/costume cores/other stuff.

You for sure want to buy the grenade artifact. It is one of, if not the best artifact in the game for heroes that can use it well. Which is any area power hero. It would be amazing for Torch I would think.

I use one for Ghost Rider and will probably get one for Storm this event.

Yeah, I'm pushing for the grenade for Ghost Rider.

The other item is great for summoners. Here they are:

You can also buy better costume cores which are guaranteed to have four affixes instead of three, but that's also a huge RNG thing. I have yet to get a really good one.

Dec

Ah I forgot about the hybrid nature of the grenade. It might still actually be good for Torch with that amount of damage rating.

Top Bottom