• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Dec

interesting bits

A Reliquary of Rarity can now be purchased for 200 A.R.M.O.R. drives.

The costs of the A.R.M.O.R. Alternate Reality Chaos Portal and A.R.M.O.R. M-26 Anti-Reality Grenade have been lowered to 700 A.R.M.O.R. Drives (down from 1000).

Magneto hero synergy increased to 4% Area Damage / 10% Orb Pickup Radius

Human Torch hero synergy increased to 2.5% Area Damage / 2.5% Area Damage

Costumes will no longer be granted to Starter Heroes until they have been fully unlocked.

Players now have the option to Enchant their slot 1 and 5 items with Summoned Ally Damage. Visit your local level 15 or higher enchanter to use this recipe!

Decreased time between events in Industry City Patrol from 2m to 1m.

Eternity Splinter price now matches the actual price in Gs for the Spider-Woman Team-Up.

The Holo-Sim grace period will now correctly let you join another Holo-Sim after 60 seconds rather than three minutes.

Door icons should no longer litter the map.

ParityBit

Ah I forgot about the hybrid nature of the grenade. It might still actually be good for Torch with that amount of damage rating.

I wonder how many drives I have currently. Sometimes what you guys talk about is a foreign language, so I just nod my head and get it! Haha

Dec

I wonder how many drives I have currently. Sometimes what you guys talk about is a foreign language, so I just nod my head and get it! Haha

lol

A lot of heroes like to get crit rating from artifacts, heroes that don't need crit or survivability on those items can go a more damage rating focused route. I think it would be a good item for Torch because I've heard of people taking the burning artifacts on him, and those are pure damage rating the same as he would get from the grenade, but the grenade actually has more damage.

I don't play him though so who knows.

there's a 50% server side XP boost!

Be on the lookout starting Saturday for some fun stuff...

Shared Quests will not drop a 'Bonus' box but will instead drop double rewards each time you complete it (including the bonus Omega Orbs, XP, etc.)

Also x-23 is launching with quite a few bugs lol

GreenScar

Managed to get exactly 15 bark before the servers went down. With my luck I fully expected to get Taskmasters artifact but wound up getting a Hyde's Formula.

inky

I had 18 barks and forgot to purchase anything. I blame Hearthstone.

Also, crafted a new costume and gor Lady Loki. Great, Second Loki costume in a row from blender and I just bought it during the sale. FML.

I had 18 barks and forgot to purchase anything. I blame Hearthstone.

Also, crafted a new costume and gor Lady Loki. Great, Second Loki costume in a row from blender and I just bought it during the sale. FML.

Ryolnir mentioned they would try to bring Groot back as a vendor at some point for people in that situation.

ParityBit

lol

A lot of heroes like to get crit rating from artifacts, heroes that don't need crit or survivability on those items can go a more damage rating focused route. I think it would be a good item for Torch because I've heard of people taking the burning artifacts on him, and those are pure damage rating the same as he would get from the grenade, but the grenade actually has more damage.

I don't play him though so who knows.

Also x-23 is launching with quite a few bugs lol

I am not much of a min/maxer, but it sounds good! I actually have a ton of +speed on Mr. Fantastic ... and now he is .... well fantastic! I can get around the map in seconds!

What is this 50% XP boost? For when and how long??

Oh man, that is SWEET. I just hit 41 (or so) with Mr. F. I wonder if I should move to 60 or split with #3 (whoever that may be)

Early on your first four characters you get to lvl 60 each give you an increased xp gain percentage. It's definitely worth it to get to 60 before starting another guy.

1 hero at level 60 = +30% xp bonus.

2 heroes at level 60 = +20% xp bonus (50% total).

3 heroes at level 60 = +15% xp bonus (65% total).

4 heroes at level 60 = +10% xp bonus (75% total).

5+ heroes at Level 60 = +5% xp bonus for each hero (in addition to the 75% bonus from the first 4 heroes you have at level 60).

Additionally, each level 30 hero grants a 1% XP bonus and each level 50 hero grants a 3% XP bonus.

You can achieve a max of a 200% XP bonus with this system. Your regular bonus xp from items, boosts, etc... isn't factored into the 200% max. This bonus is only useable for heroes at level 60 or below, so if we ever increase the level cap, only heroes at 60 or below will be given this specific xp bonus.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/47946/hero-synergy-experience-bonus/p1

Drayco21

Yeah, I kinda thought if they were releasing her on Friday I still had a shot at another crimson box, but unfortunately I missed a day of SQs, and would have been 4 bark short even if I did get to log in this morning.

Also, slightly unrelated to the game, but I just read who a character "really is" on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it's pretty cool.

In relation to that spoiler, I'm really not looking forward to Marvel
retconning Quake in the comics to be just like Skye. Blegh.

Is that Amazing Spider-Man costume out in today's patch? I may need to drop the money on it, it looks gorgeous.

Vecks

Nope, two different passwords. Same gmail. Don't think I've signed up to any other marvel related sites. However the password I used for my Marvel Heroes account is something I've used for other games as well. It sucks having lost 5 GoKs, but I hope it's only my MH account that's been compromised. Not expecting Gaz to be able to do much, though they should have logs on my hero trading away all his goks to someone else or similar. Glad to hear I'm not the only one to have suffered, should make Gaz a bit more alert and helpful, also makes me think it was just a fast hit'n'run MH only thing.

Well, that is worrying. Didn't realize people cared that much about GoKs to hack for it, especially since Marvel Heroes probably isn't as popular as other games in the genre. Maybe now Gaz will start adding some extra security.

In relation to that spoiler, I'm really not looking forward to Marvel
retconning Quake in the comics to be just like Skye. Blegh.

Is that Amazing Spider-Man costume out in today's patch? I may need to drop the money on it, it looks gorgeous.

It's out, and has the CDB voice over to make it all the better.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so whats the respawn rate of old lace on the splinter vendor? just bought another one

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh no...

I promised myself I wouldn't do fortune cards again..

I did the same, and you know what? fuck lore. fuck having that white doom just to use with the FF. fuck it, I dont care

steam sale is coming, and im looking to buy a laptop, so im not fucking spending money on 5500g for the CHANCE to get one, and here's the kicker, that 5500g bundle doesnt even give you enough resources to buy doom in case he doesnt drop

fuck THAT and fuck Gaz

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Really happy with how X-23 turned out so far. There's a few bugs still in there but I think it's most fun I've had with a melee character.

I had 100G and bought one of those new fortune cards with big hopes and dreams but got a credit boost. That's all I'll ever spend on those =p

Rhaknar

Really happy with how X-23 turned out so far. There's a few bugs still in there but I think it's most fun I've had with a melee character.

I had 100G left and bought one of those new fortune cards with big hopes and dreams but got a credit boost. That's all I'll ever spend on those =p

I had 150g left and bought one to see if there was currency, and got...a special item find 1hr boost >_>

so anyway I asked earlier, but does anyone know the respawn rate on old lace on the splinter vendor?

Rhaknar

which one? she has like 4 costumes

one assumes he means the jacket one that everyone is using (including me) because its amazing compared to the rest of the shit she gets

Think of the last time!

I did the same, and you know what? fuck lore. fuck having that white doom just to use with the FF. fuck it, I dont care

steam sale is coming, and im looking to buy a laptop, so im not fucking spending money on 5500g for the CHANCE to get one, and here's the kicker, that 5500g bundle doesnt even give you enough resources to buy doom in case he doesnt drop

fuck THAT and fuck Gaz

But if I don't have Doom I won't have them all.

Haha, I hate this shit! Fuckin' Gaz with their paywall FC crap. Just let us buy him FFS. What's the drama really?

Indignate

Just rolled 7 random hero boxes.

Got RR, Strange, SL, and DP.

RR, Thor, Tasky as dupes.

Bought X-23 with the last of my splinters and got Mags off the Steam sale.

I'm set for a bit.

Rhaknar

But if I don't have Doom I won't have them all.

Haha, I hate this shit! Fuckin' Gaz with their paywall FC crap. Just let us buy him FFS. What's the drama really?

this one is even worse because all of the FF costumes AND the ironman costume are in the card too, so even less chance of getting doom

Indignate

Didn't even know there was a steam sale for Mags, thanks for the heads up!

He doesn't come with any alternative costumes though or any fortune cards.

Just a handful of boost and 500g added to your account as well as his stash spot.

But for the cheap price that one can get it from a seller, it was worth it.

Drayco21

Its unfair how much better X-23's alt costume is next to her normal one. Its like night and day.

I really hate when they just use the old NPC models for defaults like Laura and Doctor Strange. They look so bad next to everything else, especially the new, modern costumes.

this one is even worse because all of the FF costumes AND the ironman costume are in the card too, so even less chance of getting doom

Which is all just totally ridiculous.

Obviously it works for Gaz or they wouldn't be doing it, but damn, I'd have dropped whatever the dollar value was if I could have bought the Doom team-up outright from the store.

Which is all just totally ridiculous.

Obviously it works for Gaz or they wouldn't be doing it, but damn, I'd have dropped whatever the dollar value was if I could have bought the Doom team-up outright from the store.

Agreed. I really don't understand why F2P games are doing this gambling bullshit. I mean, obviously there's idiots
like me
who bite and buy this stuff... but locking gameplay aspects behind a paywall is just downright shitty.
If it was just the costumes or just a pet or such, whatever, but team-ups - especially one that doesn't have an equivalent you can outright buy - is ass.

Agreed. I really don't understand why F2P games are doing this gambling bullshit. I mean, obviously there's idiots
like me
who bite and buy this stuff... but locking gameplay aspects behind a paywall is just downright shitty.
If it was just the costumes or just a pet or such, whatever, but team-ups - especially one that doesn't have an equivalent you can outright buy - is ass.

I'm as guilty as anyone, but I can't justify it any more.

It's pretty disappointing that you can potentially do what I did with the last batch of X-madness cards; buy 2 packs and still not get the item that you're after.

Not running the risk of getting $50 worth of boosts again.

inky

Hey Phol, I just had the same thing happen to me. My 3 Hands of Doom and My GoK are gone, plus some other stuff I can't remember, but the empty slots are there. Nothing else was touched, not my currencies, or costumes gone, or even my Odin Marks which could've got them a few blessings. Pretty bummed about that. I have a pretty hard to guess password with symbols and capitals, and I've never registered with this account to any other MH sites.

Sigh... I really don't understand how that happens. I've never been compromised before in any game.

1 in 90ish chance to get one costume from a card. I fear for the person trying to get them all considering repeats and stuff. According to figures, about 10% of the people spend 90% of the money in F2P games with gambling elements, so the odds are designed around milking those willing cows instead of making it fair for everyone else.

Yep, it's completely disgusting.

Top Bottom