• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Code for a future fortune card: FUTURE

fuck your cards Voli

and you know what? you know what? fuck you too! you and your cat avatar!

im salty about those cards :(

I'm as guilty as anyone, but I can't justify it any more.

It's pretty disappointing that you can potentially do what I did with the last batch of X-madness cards; buy 2 packs and still not get the item that you're after.

Not running the risk of getting $50 worth of boosts again.

This is especially disheartening if you consider that the Mac Pro Pack was apparently specifically designed to fuck over their most loyal customers (people who bought the AP1 and/or the 200$ Ultimate Pack, which was essentially pre-ordering content).

And doubly disheartening that Brevik himself said that they were thinking about giving us the option to get at least some of the stuff without paying 100$ worth of stuff we already have, but apparently they thought we didn't need it either way.

Hey Phol, I just had the same thing happen to me. My 3 Hands of Doom and My GoK are gone, plus some other stuff I can't remember, but the empty slots are there. Nothing else was touched, not my currencies, or costumes gone, or even my Odin Marks which could've got them a few blessings. Pretty bummed about that. I have a pretty hard to guess password with symbols and capitals, and I've never registered with this account to any other MH sites.

Sigh... I really don't understand how that happens. I've never been compromised before in any game.

Hmm, you guys are worrying me a bit with the compromised accounts. Might change my PW tonight. I only have two GoK's but considering it's taken 900 hours to get them, I don't feel like losing them either.

Did you try contacting Gaz, inky? Surely there's some transaction record, especially if they used the Trade to transfer them over to another account?

This is especially disheartening if you consider that the Mac Pro Pack was apparently specifically designed to fuck over their most loyal customers (people who bought the AP1 and/or the 200$ Ultimate Pack, which was essentially pre-ordering content).

And doubly disheartening that Brevik himself said that they were thinking about giving us the option to get at least some of the stuff without paying 100$ worth of stuff we already have, but apparently they thought we didn't need it either way.

Hard to get behind the business decisions here.

Dec

I use lastpass and just copy and paste my password to log on in-game so what it is has no effect on me. Just going to change my password every couple days until better security is in or these reports stop.

KePoW

Banned
Hey Phol, I just had the same thing happen to me. My 3 Hands of Doom and My GoK are gone, plus some other stuff I can't remember, but the empty slots are there. Nothing else was touched, not my currencies, or costumes gone, or even my Odin Marks which could've got them a few blessings. Pretty bummed about that. I have a pretty hard to guess password with symbols and capitals, and I've never registered with this account to any other MH sites.

Sigh... I really don't understand how that happens. I've never been compromised before in any game.

Wow this is krazy

You should do a full malware and virus scan. Gaz needs some kind of IP check or something

Dec

Wow this is krazy

You should do a full malware and virus scan. Gaz needs some kind of IP check or something

This is also something worth noting. Phol said AVG found a virus didn't he?

noscript is a really useful browser add-on to have. You can whitelist sites you absolutely trust to still see ads. When going to a new website I have no idea about my browser refuses to load everything, then I look at what is trying to load and temporarily allow only what is needed for the site to be functional.

You'd be surprised how many trackers and ad companies load things you never see on almost every site.

inky

I did a virus scan and malware too. Nothing came up. I obviously changed my passwords. I use this same email account for 2 other online games. That's it. Never registered on other sites, or even use the address for random messages. I have trash accounts for that.

Hmm, you guys are worrying me a bit with the compromised accounts. Might change my PW tonight. I only have two GoK's but considering it's taken 900 hours to get them, I don't feel like losing them either.

Did you try contacting Gaz, inky? Surely there's some transaction record, especially if they used the Trade to transfer them over to another account?

I sent a ticket, so I'll wait for a response. If nothing changes in a week or so, I'll send another one so I can transfer my login to a different email account.

Ironically, I actually wanted to do that before launch because I was worried there were no attempts at 2 step verification and I was beginning to spend money on the game. I inquired about it and they told me it was possible, but I changed ISPs (was gonna use a unique ISP account of course) and never got around to it. Heck, here's the response I got back in the mail. Notice the date:

QnXUV8Q.png

I cut the message, but you can guess the contents from the response above. I am usually pretty paranoid about this stuff too =( Hopefully they crack down on it fast.

Shiiiiiiit.

Definitely changing password tonight. Probably start doing a change every few days/a week or something until they investigate it further.

Damnit, I knew that the Doom Team-up would be in a Fortune Card pack,
but I was really hoping after the damn Pro pack BS they would put a normal Green costume version up for sale normally.

Stop buying cards people! -_-

Lord Phol

Aw, I'm sorry to hear mate :/. It really bummed me out, don't even feel like using my Nova or Star-Lord atm. I've never been compromised before either and there seem to be more and more people getting hacked. Gaz needs to do something fast.
I mentioned you in this post: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/156488/not-an-issue/p5

Hope that's all right, if not I'll remove it right away.

Peoples stuff getting stolen is very concerning.
If these artifacts are really making this kind of money...

Gem of the Kursed :10 Ready Stock ! 95+ GotKs Have Been Sold.
( Crit / Crit.D / Brut / Brut.D )
( 234 / 858 / 167 / 834 ) -> $35 *sold*
( 227 / 843 / 212 / 820 ) -> $55 *sold*
( 226 / 806 / 227 / 859 ) -> $65 *sold*
( 225 / 852 / 229 / 796 ) -> $49 *sold*
( 254 / 845 / 202 / 844 ) -> $95 *sold*
( 252 / 859 / 261 / 789 ) -> $65 *sold*
( 242 / 802 / 266 / 765 ) -> $45
( 243 / 812 / 240 / 729 ) -> $40 *sold*
( 209 / 837 / 229 / 846 ) -> $60
( 273 / 747 / 228 / 791 ) -> $40
( 267 / 831 / 242 / 734 ) -> $50 *sold*
( 176 / 840 / 211 / 850 ) -> $30
( 213 / 798 / 268 / 856 ) -> $40
( 242 / 818 / 227 / 784 ) -> $40
( 227 / 813 / 243 / 841 ) -> $95
( 258 / 840 / 212 / 853 ) -> $120 *Terrific Roll GotK*
( 263 / 836 / 242 / 844 ) -> $200 *sold*
( 273 / 812 / 271 / 703 ) -> $150 *Near Perfect GotK*

...then Gaz really need to add that second layer of security ASAP!

http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/638055-Best-Seller-!-Marvel-Heroes-Online-2015-!

inky

Aw, I'm sorry to hear mate :/. It really bummed me out, don't even feel like using my Nova or Star-Lord atm. I've never been compromised before either and there seem to be more and more people getting hacked. Gaz needs to do something fast.
I mentioned you in this post: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/156488/not-an-issue/p5

Hope that's all right, if not I'll remove it right away.

It's fine. I'm glad people here are changing their passwords too. It bummed me out as well, even though I don't play much these days. Frankly, I'm happy they didn't mess with anything else like erasing stuff. I'd probably stop playing altogether if that happened. But who's to say it won't happen again? =/

Dec

Peoples stuff getting stolen is very concerning.
If these artifacts are really making this kind of money...

Gem of the Kursed :10 Ready Stock ! 95+ GotKs Have Been Sold.
( Crit / Crit.D / Brut / Brut.D )
( 234 / 858 / 167 / 834 ) -> $35 *sold*
( 227 / 843 / 212 / 820 ) -> $55 *sold*
( 226 / 806 / 227 / 859 ) -> $65 *sold*
( 225 / 852 / 229 / 796 ) -> $49 *sold*
( 254 / 845 / 202 / 844 ) -> $95 *sold*
( 252 / 859 / 261 / 789 ) -> $65 *sold*
( 242 / 802 / 266 / 765 ) -> $45
( 243 / 812 / 240 / 729 ) -> $40 *sold*
( 209 / 837 / 229 / 846 ) -> $60
( 273 / 747 / 228 / 791 ) -> $40
( 267 / 831 / 242 / 734 ) -> $50 *sold*
( 176 / 840 / 211 / 850 ) -> $30
( 213 / 798 / 268 / 856 ) -> $40
( 242 / 818 / 227 / 784 ) -> $40
( 227 / 813 / 243 / 841 ) -> $95
( 258 / 840 / 212 / 853 ) -> $120 *Terrific Roll GotK*
( 263 / 836 / 242 / 844 ) -> $200 *sold*
( 273 / 812 / 271 / 703 ) -> $150 *Near Perfect GotK*

...then Gaz really need to add that second layer of security ASAP!

http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/638055-Best-Seller-!-Marvel-Heroes-Online-2015-!

They do sell for that for some reason.

A blessing is worth like $3-5 on trading sites. Making a high lizard formula worth $275-$300.

It's against the ToS to sell for real world money though and the sites where this happens are very shady.

Edit. SSD is coming today, exciting stuff.

Let me know if that goes through. I might think about doing it as well.

More likely I'll just live with my mistake though because X-23 is out soon and nothing else really matters.

Unfortunately, Gaz cant help us...

"I apologize but account support is unable to reverse the purchase of a bounty hunter box nor can we refund the currency used to obtain it. We suggest players be aware that purchasing an item from the vendor will remove it from the vendor screen and for the box to reappear, you must hit refresh in the NPC menu."

I'll just have to be more careful next time.
One guy in in-game chat said he got a +5% rare item recipe from his Crimson Box, so I guess things could be worse.

Dec

Each day we'll reveal a new festivity! It could be a server-side boost, a special daily gift, an event, or a special redeem code!

DAY ONE (12/12) - Server-Side XP, RIF & SIF boosted to 100% until the end of the year!

Lord Phol

Dayum! Venom looks awesome, powers, model and animations. He also has a really interesting mechanic where some of powers regen health, some of his powers spend health and instead of spirit he has Ichor which he gains when using certain powers. Some abilities do more damage the less health he has and one of his tress are full of really interesting passives that activate whenever you use his anti-cc power. His middle-tree looks the least interesting with some spiderman/web powers. Not a big fan of the voice though but I can't get over how good the symbiote stuff looks. Most interesting hero since forever, really looking forward to him!

Edit: I also saw a MvC power in one of his trees!

Midtown looks amazing on the TC. Hope they put that on live soon.

Omg! Great little suprise!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did they buff nova? using the server side boost to maybe get him to 60 finally and he feels... better. I dunno, actually having fun with him now

Rhaknar

some tidbits. love that they show where legendary quests are done now on the tooltip

industry patrol is awesome

edit: why do I get Ironman to fly down and shoot peope on Nova sometimes? I dont have any unqieu that does that o_O

Indignate

The people in the gifting thread on the forums are mad paranoid. Someone in there straight up said that more people will get hacked because of this and it'll all be Gaz's fault for implementing a gifting system. Sure, they should roll out some more authorization stuff with this, but come on.

And I care so little if people trade items for gifts. In a game that is almost strictly PVE, people "paying to win" means nothing to me. If it makes more money for Gaz in the long run, that's great. It's not like people aren't already doing this on random trade sites.

Lord Phol

some tidbits. love that they show where legendary quests are done now on the tooltip

industry patrol is awesome

edit: why do I get Ironman to fly down and shoot peope on Nova sometimes? I dont have any unqieu that does that o_O

Omega node perhaps? I think there is a certain one that has a chance to summon Iron Man.

Volimar

The people in the gifting thread on the forums are mad paranoid. Someone in there straight up said that more people will get hacked because of this and it'll all be Gaz's fault for implementing a gifting system. Sure, they should roll out some more authorization stuff with this, but come on.

And I care so little if people trade items for gifts. In a game that is almost strictly PVE, people "paying to win" means nothing to me. If it makes more money for Gaz in the long run, that's great. It's not like people aren't already doing this on random trade sites.

I really think that they should have done a second authentication system before implementing gifting, but whatevs. I'm not really going to bitch about it till my account gets hacked (knock on wood).

Top Bottom