• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

KePoW

Banned
what's the "gfting" system? Something different than the current trade window?

Where do yall hear all this stuff from, I'm on this thread multiple times per day lol. you all go to the specific gaz forums a lot or something??

Vecks

what's the "gfting" system? Something different than the current trade window?

Where do yall hear all this stuff from, I'm on this thread multiple times per day lol. you all go to the specific gaz forums a lot or something??

It looks like you can buy cash shop items (heroes, costumes, fortune cards, etc) and gift them to people on your friends list.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh I didnt know they confirmed anti-venom would be the alt (that you get in the bundle and the advance pack), sweet. I might get toxin eventually (in fact im sure i will) but anti venom is my fave

Guys, guys, big news! Chests are spawning again on the TC!

oh I didnt know they confirmed anti-venom would be the alt (that you get in the bundle and the advance pack), sweet. I might get toxin eventually (in fact im sure i will) but anti venom is my fave

I was telling you this several pages back.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
wanting to trade doctor doom for gem of kurse.

cant wait

lol

Vecks

Been playing X-23 the past 2 days and finally reached 60 last night. I doubt it'll be effective, but even so, I think I'm just gonna stick with a movement build because cyclone kick and dancing blades are pretty much the only two moves I think actually look neat. That's my only real complain so far--the lack of flashy moves. But, given her powers/abilities, not really sure if anything could be done for that. Well, actually, her default costume is pretty disappointing as well. Gonna wait for sale to get the nicer alt.

Dec

This one will come at some point I'm sure. I think I'll wait for it

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_13_Dale_Keown_Variant.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
another post up on marvel forum about a person being hacked.

im wondering if a community site has been compromised without knowing (or the marvel heroes forum even ? ) its a wild out there guess but a gut feeling i have.

i changed my password after inky and phol posted and realised when i made my password they didnt even require special chracters like a # or @. which is now required in your password aswell as a upper and lowercase and number

KePoW

Banned
Been playing X-23 the past 2 days and finally reached 60 last night. I doubt it'll be effective, but even so, I think I'm just gonna stick with a movement build because cyclone kick and dancing blades are pretty much the only two moves I think actually look neat. That's my only real complain so far--the lack of flashy moves. But, given her powers/abilities, not really sure if anything could be done for that. Well, actually, her default costume is pretty disappointing as well. Gonna wait for sale to get the nicer alt.

Do you have the one in ur avatar at least??

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

im wondering if a community site has been compromised without knowing (or the marvel heroes forum even ? ) its a wild out there guess but a gut feeling i have.

i changed my password after inky and phol posted and realised when i made my password they didnt even require special chracters like a # or @. which is now required in your password aswell as a upper and lowercase and number

the fact the forum uses your fucking account information is beyond ridiculous

KePoW

Banned
the fact the forum uses your fucking account information is beyond ridiculous

hmm yeah never thought about it, can it even be possible that Gaz's official forums ever get hacked??

I would never have considered an official company's site could happen like that, only fan sites

Vecks

Do you have the one in ur avatar at least??

Like I said, waiting for the sale before I grab it. I'm guessing the start of the sale will count as one of the 12 days of Christmas (since they counted a 100% boost as a day), so I imagine it won't be long now.

My previous password was pretty simple. I think it's the same password I had been using since the Closed Beta. They didn't even require uppercase back then. I really think Gaz should at least force everyone to change their password (especially to a more secure one), even if they can't confirm that their system has been compromised.

hmm yeah never thought about it, can it even be possible that Gaz's official forums ever get hacked??

I would never have considered an official company's site could happen like that, only fan sites

Nobody is safe. Quite a few major companies have been hacked the past few years. Even the steam forums got hacked a while ago.

The 12 Days of Christmas special for today is a box with the following:
25 Eternity Splinters
25 Odin Marks
25 Cube Shards
25 Cosmic Worldstones
25 A.R.M.O.R. Research Drives
25 Eyes of Demonfire

Amthua did a random Q&A in game recently.

She's doing a full review of Insignias:

Blessings are getting worked on:

Arts are getting improved:

As will Slot 3 options:

Also, work in progress Cyke Unique:
C4ryNZS.jpg

"---> Disclaimer <--- This item and flavor text will change, that's a 100% guarantee. Item needs to be tuned also."

Rhaknar

so this Magneto toggle says it removes the spirit cost of Magnetic Eruption, I assume that means Polarity Shift right, because theres no spell called Magnetic Eruption

There's a power called Magnetic Eruption in the middle tree at the bottom. Unlocks at L32.

You can only have one of the toggles on at a time, one makes Polarity Shift free the other makes Magnetic Eruption.

Rhaknar

There's a power called Magnetic Eruption in the middle tree at the bottom. Unlocks at L32.

You can only have one of the toggles on at a time, one makes Polarity Shift free the other makes Magnetic Eruption.

except its not called Magnetic Eruption, its called Polarity Shift. and the one for the other toggle is called Polarity Surge. Im looking at the trees right now :p

They must have changed the name from beta and forgot to change the tooltip on the toggle

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
except its not called Magnetic Eruption, its called Polarity Shift. and the one for the other toggle is called Polarity Surge. Im looking at the trees right now :p

They must have changed the name from beta and forgot to change the tooltip on the toggle

They must have messed it up with the X-23 patch cause Magnetic Eruption was definitely there when he went live.

Dec

The 12 Days of Christmas special for today is a box with the following:
25 Eternity Splinters
25 Odin Marks
25 Cube Shards
25 Cosmic Worldstones
25 A.R.M.O.R. Research Drives
25 Eyes of Demonfire

Amthua did a random Q&A in game recently.

She's doing a full review of Insignias:

Blessings are getting worked on:

Arts are getting improved:

As will Slot 3 options:

Also, work in progress Cyke Unique:

Last time he talked about insignias and blessings being reworked he mentioned they were trying to get them in for Christmas.

Rhaknar

good lord, they reset everyone's talents

I cant remember most of my specs >_< damn you 40 level 60s!!!

edit: wait not all, but most? Cable didnt get a reset for example...weird

Two things:

1. What is the best Ghost rider build and pet stats to use? I'm using The Power Cosmic Legendary since it is a good match for GRs hybrid powers

2. Is there anyone I can transfer google play / amazon / or gamestop credit into Marvel Heroes or steam? My local gamestops either don't carry MarvelHero cards or you can out right buy the cards, you can't use trade credit. I can get steam but the trade credit gets hit like you are getting cash instead of trade value.

LuuKyK

Marvel is pushing Elektra a lot in the Marvel Puzzle Quest game. Makes me think she will be a surprise character in 2015.

Gazillion please

Rhaknar

finally got my rocket art (yay for lower cost), now i need more power cosmics for my hybrids. the grind continues...

Vecks

I don't remember these event vendor refresh rates being so slow. Trying to get a good roll on the grenade, but it feels like it takes forever for this bar to fill back up.

X-23 is pretty good fun. Kind of mash-up between Psylocke and Wolvey game play. I like her.
Haven't got the artifacts to optimise her of course, but with what I had, she seems to cut through most content pretty easily.

Used my Bounty boxes and MM boxes to gear her up; only missing the level 60 slot 2 now, but I think I'll probably use her a fair bit for daily SQ's and stuff.

So many costumes to choose from! I'm using the X-Force one at the moment, but will probably alternate them all once in a while. Nice bonus getting them all with the AP2.

Lord Phol

Well I got my ticket answered:

Greetings X,

We are sorry for any inconvenience this problem has caused. It appears your account may have been compromised. Please know that this is not due to any security breach on Gazillion's end, and unfortunately, we are not able to provide any replacements or compensation due to a player's account being compromised.

We will forward this case to the moderation team who will be further investigating the issue, but please note that we cannot share moderation findings with you.

As a friendly reminder, here are some very basic tips on keeping your account secure going forward:

Do not use the same login information for every game/site you frequent. This is the most important thing you can do. There are multiple services that will generate random passwords for you, and we highly suggest using them.
Do not give your account information to others, ever.
Be careful about what sites you sign up for.
Always have some sort of security software installed to prevent viruses and keyloggers from infecting your system.
Do not use your Marvel Heroes login information on 3rd party sites related to the game.
Do not use 3rd party sites to facilitate the buying and selling of in-game items or accounts.
Thank you, and we apologize again for any frustration this issue has caused.

X
Marvel Heroes 2015 Customer Support

In other words if your account gets compromised you're fucked.

Edit: Lol I can't post the same thing on their forums because my posts needs to be approved first :s.

Volimar

Well I got my ticket answered:

In other words if your account gets compromised you're fucked.

Edit: Lol I can't post the same thing on their forums because my posts needs to be approved first :s.

The standard "go fuck yourself" reply. Standard MMO tripe.

Drayco21

Is it true Marvel is going to push Black Cat next year? I really like her

They've been pushing her lately as a full-on villain- I assume as soon as Spider-Verse is over, Dan Slott is going to go straight back to being terrible and pushing her again.

KePoW

Banned
They've been pushing her lately as a full-on villain- I assume as soon as Spider-Verse is over, Dan Slott is going to go straight back to being terrible and pushing her again.

Got it thx. I haven't gotten to current Marvel Now yet, but I'm looking forward to Black Cat!

Dec

I think it's really just because they can't give the items back.

They've been demoing new characters on their streams with zero items, all they can do on their dev accounts is level them up.

Hopefully they figure it out and can start giving people their items back but even that will come with bugs.

In another online game, they finally rolled out a way to give hacked players their items back automatically after 9 years of doing a fuck off policy, but a bug caused them to give a player millions of a pretty valuable ring which that player then began trading, flooding the market.

That item is worth fuck all to this day.

Btw the game is Runescape (don't hate that game is fucking good):

On 19 March 2014, the price that an Archers' ring could be bought on the Grand Exchange fell sharply from around 900,000 to 100,000. Hours afterward the price fell further to 25,000 and were reported to be 1,000gp at one point. [

On 20 March 2014 at 17:48 GMT, Mod Jane posted on the Item Discussions forum detailing what had happened. The post stated that there had been a human error in a system which they were currently trialling. This system would return items to players who have had their account hacked and items stolen. The error had caused a single player to receive millions of Archers' Rings accidentally, and they decided to take advantage of this by selling them for a very low price which caused the price crash as supply massively exceeded demand. The post also states that the majority of rings which were accidentally brought into the game have been removed[3]. Despite this, the Archers' ring is now worth only 38,989.

inky

I expected that kind of answer tbh, that is why I had my change emails backup plan. Haven't received my ticket answer yet, but I expect it to be exactly the same.

I'm going to have a unique ISP provided account for this game from now on.

The standard "go fuck yourself" reply. Standard MMO tripe.
Not to be a devil's advocate but what could they do? What's to stop someone from logging in from a different location/ISP "moving" items to another account, then pretending like they were hacked to support.

I'm not sure how you could compensate someone in these scenarios. Instead it should spur better security measures. Why any MMO game launches without security tokens is beyond me. Maybe it's expensive, I dunno.

I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy and now I find myself considering all sorts of wild Marvel Heroes purchases... beginning with the almighty Groot.

Why is Groot so awesome?

Top Bottom