• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
some tidbits since im playing more regulary again:

- this game continues to be worth every penny I put into it, as it continues to be the one game I can come back to at any moment and have a ton of fun with

- fuck fortune cards, they are disgusting

- I dont know what happened, if it was the sweeping dmg buff that aparently everyone got, if it was me taking a break, whatever it was, I loved Nova from 47 to 60. I had a ton of fun with him, and I hated him before when I stopped at 47

- Im loving Magneto, but my spec is weird and I cant find a spirit spender that I like so I decided to stop caring and just not use spirit I guess lol

- I love Cyke's review, I hear his dmg is shit and I have no idea about TTKs, but I was using him a bit earlier on doop portals and his new stuff / revamped stuff was awesome

- fuck reseting a bunch of heroes talents, I can never remember the specs :(

- I fucking LOVE industry patrol, its a ton of fun with all the events happening all the time.

thats about it for now. fuck fortune cards

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone seems to like melee Nova but I find it no fun and it doesn't make him unique over other heroes like the pulsars do, I also hate how clumsy that teleporting melee skill he has,

I havent played cyke since hid review I probs should give him a whirl I seem to really enjoy energy heroes, id play mental ones but most of them are shit needing tuning like Emma or reviews like scarlet and cable. Cant get on with strange very well but I'm not a fan of two skill bars either

KePoW

Banned
Not to be a devil's advocate but what could they do? What's to stop someone from logging in from a different location/ISP "moving" items to another account, then pretending like they were hacked to support

yeah exactly, it's not easy to do MMO support

anyone could do the above and claim to be hacked

KePoW

Banned
I havent played cyke since hid review I probs should give him a whirl I seem to really enjoy energy heroes, id play mental ones but most of them are shit needing tuning like Emma or reviews like scarlet and cable

I thought everyone said Emma was majorly buffed last week??

Also Cable is currently very strong. Boring maybe, but strong

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I use 1 pulsar in my melee nova :/ the dot one

Rhaknar

did you see Venom's synergy Dec (if it stays)? great for your MK (if you still play him), more dmg when lower than 50% health

Dec

did you see Venom's synergy Dec (if it stays)? great for your MK (if you still play him), more dmg when lower than 50% health

I haven't yet, sounds really good. Also for Ghost Rider.

I do play him still, he's my fall back hero when I'm bored of everyone else.

I've done about 10 Cosmic terminals tonight and both One-Shots. Opened about 15 Cosmic Chests and got 1 purple insignia, 1 artifact (adv Crimson Crystal), 0 Uniques and 0 uncommon runes.
Decent stuff seems to be impossible for me to find.
At least my vendor sold me a decent roll Kung Fu Training Seq. Thats the best artifact a vendor has ever sold me.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I thought everyone said Emma was majorly buffed last week??

Also Cable is currently very strong. Boring maybe, but strong

heard hes really squishy too

im torn between rocket or cyclops

i dont like summons gameplay normally

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
This patrol boost is crazy good. So far I've got 2 ultimate upgrade tokens, 3 uniques with challenge bonuses and a Asgardian Fortune Card. Not to the mention the explosion of like 6 or 7 uniques when it happens.

This patrol boost is crazy good. So far I've got 2 ultimate upgrade tokens, 3 uniques with challenge bonuses and a Asgardian Fortune Card. Not to the mention the explosion of like 6 or 7 uniques when it happens.

Holy cow! I can't log in till late tonight. What is the best way to take advantage of it?

Holy cow! I can't log in till late tonight. What is the best way to take advantage of it?

Pop it and stay in ICP or Midtown!

Patrol Boosts give you a 100% Bonus to SIF, RIF, and Orb Attraction Range. They also have a chance to give Heroes an awesome jackpot loot explosion from Brooklyn and Midtown bosses, showering the floor with Patrol-specific loot & riches!

Strider

I've only just started playing yesterday... I take it I should wait until I'm max level to use the patrol boost huh? Does it have to be used today?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, will do. Now should I just use one of my tuned level 60 heroes or is it for use on a leveling hero? Been leveling Ghost Rider. I have him at level 38.

Mostly just make sure you play with a character you really like for those challenge bonus uniques. If you do play a low level character just aware that you'll have to upgrade those uniques to lvl 60 later which can be pretty pricey.(600,000 credits and two unstable molecules)

I've only just started playing yesterday... I take it I should wait until I'm max level to use the patrol boost huh? Does it have to be used today?

You will have the boost in your inventory if you can log in today and can use it whenever you like.

Mostly just make sure you play with a character you really like for those challenge bonus uniques. If you do play a low level character just aware that you'll have to upgrade those uniques to lvl 60 later which can be pretty pricey.(600,000 credits and two unstable molecules)

I very rarely upgrade low-level uniques to level 60 unless they're super rare. The character specific uniques drop so frequently that if you play even just a little bit at level 60 (especially with events and boosts going) you can get geared out in a few hours.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I very rarely upgrade low-level uniques to level 60 unless they're super rare. The character specific uniques drop so frequently that if you play even just a little bit at level 60 (especially with events and boosts going) you can get geared out in a few hours.

Yeah I was talking about the uniques with a challenge bonus that are dropping with this potion boost not the normal ones. Like I got a X-23 unique with a +1 Fighting bonus so I definitely wanted to upgrade that to 60.

Vecks

Yeah, definitely wait. Leveling will be pretty fast for the rest of the month, and there's no real reason to gear up until 60.

Strider

Yeah, definitely wait. Leveling will be pretty fast for the rest of the month, and there's no real reason to gear up until 60.

That's what I figured. Since I'm new just wanted to make sure though. Thanks.

--

Been playing DareDevil so far. Lots of fun. Just enjoying the story so far but I'll probably have some questions for Gaf once I actually hit max level. The endgame content sounds pretty dope especially the raid. Really hoping to try that some day.

KePoW

Banned
That's what I figured. Since I'm new just wanted to make sure though. Thanks.

--

Been playing DareDevil so far. Lots of fun. Just enjoying the story so far but I'll probably have some questions for Gaf once I actually hit max level. The endgame content sounds pretty dope especially the raid. Really hoping to try that some day.

r u in our guild? Wats ur ingame name???

ParityBit

So last night I tried to change my bars around. I actually used the extra mouse buttons as key presses to switch bars. The problem is it is not a <hold> to toggle, so I have to click another mouse button to flip back. Thus, I end up not pressing the correct powers.

has anyone else tried to do it this way?

Rhaknar

So last night I tried to change my bars around. I actually used the extra mouse buttons as key presses to switch bars. The problem is it is not a <hold> to toggle, so I have to click another mouse button to flip back. Thus, I end up not pressing the correct powers.

hold for me (space bar since the thumb is there anyway)

Moondrop

Banned

This is how I play. I use middle mouse left/right to switch bars. The trick is to have repeated powers between bars such that only 1-2 change when you toggle.

Rhaknar

Is this a toggle that would work the mouse? I would be happy if I could figure a way to do that.

no idea about mouse, or how I even set it up, there was a guide somewhere on the thread that I used a long time ago :/

Dec

There is no reason you can't set up the alt hold to a mouse button

-Bindings=(Name="LeftAlt",Command="SetCurrentAvatarAbilitySet 1 | OnRelease SetCurrentAvatarAbilitySet 0")
.Bindings=(Name="LeftAlt",Command="SetCurrentAvatarAbilitySet 1 | OnRelease SetCurrentAvatarAbilitySet 0")

https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/KeyBinds.html

ThumbMouseButton - Primary mouse thumb button.
ThumbMouseButton2 - Secondary mouse thumb button.

so

-Bindings=(Name="ThumbMouseButton",Command="SetCurrentAvatarAbilitySet 1 | OnRelease SetCurrentAvatarAbilitySet 0")
.Bindings=(Name="ThumbMouseButton",Command="SetCurrentAvatarAbilitySet 1 | OnRelease SetCurrentAvatarAbilitySet 0")

you need to add those lines to the bottom of My Documents\My Games\Marvel Heroes\MarvelGame\Config\MarvelInputUserSettings.ini

This file wont be there if you've never set custom keybinds, so do that first if that file isn't there.

Strider

r u in our guild? Wats ur ingame name???

No I'm not in the clan and my in-game name is Tstrider.

Didn't figure there would be much point in joining yet since I'm only level 17ish and everyone here will be at max level. Planned on joining later though once I wanted to tackle the end game content.

Vecks

No I'm not in the clan and my in-game name is Tstrider.

Didn't figure there would be much point in joining yet since I'm only level 17ish and everyone here will be at max level. Planned on joining later though once I wanted to tackle the end game content.

You can just join now if you want. We don't really care about the level, and there's plenty of room.

Strider

You can just join now if you want. We don't really care about the level, and there's plenty of room.

Sounds good. Just send an invite my way when you can and I'll accept :)

--

I guess I do have a couple quick questions for any DareDevil users out there. Any particular hero that would make for a good team-up companion? If so, why? I have over 400 Eternity Splinters since the bonus today. Figured that'd be my first purchase unless there's something else I should consider...?

Moondrop

Banned
I guess I do have a couple quick questions for any DareDevil users out there. Any particular hero that would make for a good team-up companion? If so, why? I have over 400 Eternity Splinters since the bonus today. Figured that'd be my first purchase unless there's something else I should consider...?
I didn't purchase a team-up until I'd already leveled over a dozen heroes. They provide minor stat boosts, and are mostly for fun and flavor. So I would purchase more heroes or more stash space.

Rhaknar

are those unique rings from industrial patrol rare? just got 2 back to back, a range and a melee one, they're awesome

also got some mental art ive never seen before

I'd definitely go with buying some random hero boxes. Early on that's the best way to spend splinters. Now of course, there's always a chance you'll get duplicate heroes, but now that the hero pool is even bigger, your chances are pretty good to get someone new.

are those unique rings from industrial patrol rare? just got 2 back to back, a range and a melee one, they're awesome

Yeah essence of dread, right? Drops from Mindless Titan in ICP.

http://marvelheroes.info/item/1340

As far as rarity, I feel like a lot of the ICP stuff is tuned up pretty high right now. I've gotten both of the rings, a couple of those artifacts. Seems like the rarest thing might be that spider-clone serum.

Vecks

Pretty rare. Some days I don't find a single one. I think I have 3 total now.

Dec

Yea I've been getting a ring like every 3-5 hours of ICP. Even then it's completely random (you can play a melee hero and get 3 ranged rings in a row).

Yea I've been getting a ring like every 3-5 hours of ICP. Even then it's completely random (you can play a melee hero and get 3 ranged rings in a row).

I've only ever seen one of the Midtown rings since it was added to the game, and it's not even max level. Getting two of the ICP rings in one day was pretty nice.

Top Bottom