• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Dec

Yeah just saw the notes, crazy amount of changes in this TC patch and upcoming. Don't think I've seen another hero on TC get such a big overhaul of art assets and even voice/sound changes (if they keep up to their promises that is).

By the time he's out he'll have 4 or even 5 weeks of test center testing right? I think that's a first. He should turn out really well.

ParityBit

There is no reason you can't set up the alt hold to a mouse button

https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/KeyBinds.html

ThumbMouseButton - Primary mouse thumb button.
ThumbMouseButton2 - Secondary mouse thumb button.

so

you need to add those lines to the bottom of My Documents\My Games\Marvel Heroes\MarvelGame\Config\MarvelInputUserSettings.ini

This file wont be there if you've never set custom keybinds, so do that first if that file isn't there.

Thanks man, this worked perfectly. Now I can easily switch bars. Granted it has not improved my button mashing, but there is so much I can be saved.

kepow with a capital k

Don't believe him. It is WoPeK!

that is not the costume people will spend money on, this is

invisible-woman1.png

also, Ultimate Future Foundation costume is such a weird choice too... why not just do the new red FF costume for example?

Thats gross in many ways. I would not buy it.

Dec

Normally I'm not against using ini-tweaks at all, but I'm unsure what these tweaks actually do. The post explaining some of them didn't really help much either. Is this particular configuration safe-proof? Does it decrease anything visually?

I definetly wouldn't mind less stuttering and lag. I got a pretty good PC.

I'll answer what I can

PhysXGpuHeapSize
PhysXMeshCacheSize
PoolSize

Changes the amount of vram dedicated to physx

MaxProcBuildingLODColorTextureSize
MaxProcBuildingLODLightingTextureSize

Changes the distance at which full resolution textures are loaded

To save myself time I'm going to steal some of these

HysteresisLimit

Sets a limit on textures rendered when transitioning from one LOD to another, limiting spurious load/unload requests.

DropMipLevelsLimit

Sets the number of miplevels to drop (increase fudge) before uploading a texture LOD.

StopIncreasingLimit

Sets a memory limit for texture pop-ins (MIPS) in MB. Setting this higher with an increased poolsize will help pop-in issues.

StopStreamingLimit

Sets a memory limit for texture streaming in MB. Setting this higher with an increased poolsize will help smooth streaming.

MinEvictSize

Sets a memory limit for texture tiles that are mapped/pinned as necessary and then evicted as per cache rules.

MinFudgeFactor

Sets a min margin of error for texture steaming. Anything higher than 1.0f means that textures don't fit & will be blurry.

udgeFactorDecreaseRateOfChange

Tells when to increase the margin of error rate for texture streaming.

MinTimeToGuaranteeMinMipCount

Sets a min time to eliminate the loading buffer and shows texture density at its max right away instead of loading it.

MaxTimeToGuaranteeMinMipCount

Sets a max time to eliminate the loading buffer and shows texture density at its max right away instead of loading it.

LoadMapTimeLimit

Sets a time limit for the pre-streaming texture blocking operation, making streaming more smooth. Lower # assumes more bandwidth. So if you have a really powerful card you can experiment with lower this more)

TerrainTessellationCheckCount

This is the number of frames that are used between terrain tessellation re-calculations. More for performance.

TerrainTessellationCheckBorder

Tessellation settings: More for quality, less for performance.

TerrainTessellationCheckDistance

The radius from the view origin that terrain tessellation checks should be performed.

bSmoothFramerate

FPS smoother, lowers details to improve FPS when lagging. True for performance, false for quality. always disable as it limits fps.

MinSmoothedFrameRate

Minimum framerate smoothing will kick in.

MaxChannels

Amount of sound channels. Requires more of CPU the higher the setting but decreases the chance sounds will be cut out with a lot going on.

--

Looking into this I noticed some things that can be better with the settings I pulled from those threads so I think I'm going to go through and make some changes.

System/Video....................2gb/512mb.....4gb/1gb.....8gb+/2gb+
PhysXGpuHeapSize=32 to..........64..................128..............256
PhysXMeshCacheSize=8 to........16....................32................64
PoolSize=160 to......................320..................640..............960

MaxProcBuildingLODColorTextureSize=1024 to 512
MaxProcBuildingLODLightingTextureSize=256 to 128

HysteresisLimit=20 to 24
DropMipLevelsLimit=16 to 20
StopIncreasingLimit=12 to 18
StopStreamingLimit=8 to 12
MinEvictSize=10 to 12
MinFudgeFactor=1 to 0.5
FudgeFactorDecreaseRateOfChange=-0.4 to -0.5
MinTimeToGuaranteeMinMipCount=2 to 0
MaxTimeToGuaranteeMinMipCount=12 to 0
LoadMapTimeLimit=20.0 to 10.0

TerrainTessellationCheckCount=99 - Default 6
TerrainTessellationCheckBorder=0.0
TerrainTessellationCheckDistance=2048.0 - Default 4096

bSmoothFramerate = False
MinSmoothedFrameRate=18 - default 22

MaxChannels=128 - Default 32 (I went 64 here because I had problems with 128 in diablo 3)

Did a test of the 150 mercenaries ICP run and noticed another minor improvement.

I also want to emphasize that there are only a couple outcomes from using these:

You have worse performance
You have the same performance
You have better performance
The game crashes

Create a back up of the ini before you edit it in case you get one of the bad ones, then you can revert and try again with values tuned more specifically to your PC, or just leave it default.

Based on the descriptions you can exclude anything that reduces graphical quality but this is an isometric game where you can reduce the LOD on objects in the distance without noticing the lower LOD because it's off-screen. A lot of the optimizations are focused on keeping more in VRAM, reducing details in the distance that you wont see, and increasing the time between the engine checking the states of certain effects (similar to the lighting update rate option in the in-game graphics settings).

There isn't anything dangerous about this.

Tendo

So my Nova is 60 now and I'm gearing him out. I had a ton of daily boxes and bounty hunter boxes in my inventory so he has lvl 60 uniques in all slots but where is the best place to farm artifacts? Are they just random drops or is there a best way to farm them?

Dec

So my Nova is 60 now and I'm gearing him out. I had a ton of daily boxes and bounty hunter boxes in my inventory so he has lvl 60 uniques in all slots but where is the best place to farm artifacts? Are they just random drops or is there a best way to farm them?

Depends what you are looking for. There are world drop artifacts (can drop anywhere) and artifacts (the valuable ones) that only drop from specific bosses.

Bosses that drop good artifacts are:

Magneto
Juggernaut
Kurse
Mandarin
Lizard
Hyde
Man Ape
Kingpin
Mindless One (ICP, also from boxes)
Spider-Clones (ICP, also from boxes)

There are more I'm forgetting but that's a lot of them. Pretty much any other artifact you'd want you could get while farming for those since they drop anywhere in the game.

ParityBit

Help me pick my next Hero!

I have Torch and Mr. F (almost) to 60. Who should I use next? My available are ....

Iron Man, Rogue, Storm, Taskmaster, Scarlet Witch, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Magneto, Thor, or Squirrel Girl?

Xevren

Haven't played for awhile and decided to hop on last night and got X-23, she's super fun. Really like her sig. Just wish I could get her x-force costume now.

Vecks

Oh, hey, Marvel Heroes 2015 is in the list of games eligible for GOTY 2014. I can vote for it 2 years in a row.
Not that it would make a difference, since I was probably the only one who voted for it last year.

KePoW

Banned
Oh, hey, Marvel Heroes 2015 is in the list of games eligible for GOTY 2014. I can vote for it 2 years in a row.
Not that it would make a difference, since I was probably the only one who voted for it last year.

GOTY where??

Lord Phol

Help me pick my next Hero!

I have Torch and Mr. F (almost) to 60. Who should I use next? My available are ....

Iron Man, Rogue, Storm, Taskmaster, Scarlet Witch, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Magneto, Thor, or Squirrel Girl?

Strange is more AoE but he's pretty fun and has awesome visuals. Magneto is really fun and unique. Thor is a Hybrid unlike the others (except Rogue) and really strong now after his review. Magneto or Thor IMO.

ParityBit

Strange is more AoE but he's pretty fun and has awesome visuals. Magneto is really fun and unique. Thor is a Hybrid unlike the others (except Rogue) and really strong now after his review. Magneto or Thor IMO.

I was leaning towards Mags but was not sure. He seems so powerful, but everyone and their mother (no offense) is playing him!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Storm, Magneto, Thor and Ironman all shit on SG as heroes, and I mean in the game, not from a character stand point. SG is ridiculously overrated in my opinion. Scarlet Witch is fine but I would wait for her review

Vecks

Are people serious with Scarlet Witch and Squirrel Girl?? Or are people sarcastic? I can never tell, especially people from Texas.

Well, I figure you might as well try out a summon class, since you played a range and melee. I'd definitely hold off on Scarlet until she gets a review. She is one of my mains but after all the 52 reviews, she's been left in the dust.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, I figure you might as well try out a summon class, since you played a range and melee. I'd definitely hold off on Scarlet until she gets a review. She is one of my mains but after all the 52 reviews, she's been left in the dust.

rocket is a much better, and proper summon class

edit: Clea is randomly out

Rhaknar

are you sure she's actually out and you're not just seeing her in Roster list?

yes, im not stupid, when I log in and I get a huge pop out that says NEW HERO AVAILABLE, and I can choose and equip her and use her, I think shes out

having huge issues with spirti...err, wrath on X-23

Volimar

I'd say Marvel Heroes is a good contender for GOTY. They've really catered to their player base a lot, and while a lot of us are a bit weary of all these events, you can't deny that when they came out they were a lot of fun, barring perhaps, the collectathons.

Vecks

Gifted "rare" runes today as the holiday gift. Stash space is tight enough as it is, but I guess I'll hold onto them until the end of the month, just in case they do another day of different, nicer runes.

having huge issues with spirti...err, wrath on X-23

It gets a lot better once you get one of the buff powers that restore full wrath.

That... is a long wait. ;_;

Volimar

Gifted "rare" runes today as the holiday gift. Stash space is tight enough as it is, but I guess I'll hold onto them until the end of the month, just in case they do another day of different, nicer runes.

Yeah I wasn't thrilled with that. My STASH is already pretty full up, but still I got some runes i didn't have so it's still a good thing.

Rhaknar

some quick thoughts on X-23 at level 40

- she seems very fleshed out, if you told me she was a 400 splinter hero i'd believe you (more so than Taskmaster)

- it was inevitable, but she is quite similar to Wolverine, but different enough that she is her own character

- I'm having big wrath problems, aparently this gets better when you get the wrath regen / dmg buff spell

- I specced her mostly flippy floppy, as I wanted to make her as different from Wolverine as possible (I already have Logan with a bleed build), and its fun. Im digging movement heroes lately. Im sure its not the most viable spec, but my specs never are anyway lol, I always focus on spells I like first, dmg second

- I love the jumpy aoe thing she does, too bad its so expensive, I want to spam it

-I love that her movement dash is FREE, as all movement abilities should be in my opinion. Well, the travel ones at least, not the dmg ones

- her voice actress is great. her model looks good, except like wolverine (and melee characters in geenral, but small ones like these 2 especially) you cant see her most of the time in the chaos

overall Im liking her, more than Wolverine, but still far from one of my faves. Let's just say she wont be getting her legendary any time soon (for those that remember im on my long ass quest of giving everyone a legendary, and I focus on my faves first). If you like Logan you'll probably like Laura, and vice versa

Lol kepow. For someone who plays the game 24/7 you sure are lost.

So btw, the order of release is what so far? Winter soldier, iceman, she hulk, vision?

Jesus watch Kitty be a december release. -.-

thats the order so far. on the forums everyone assumes Doom is june to go with the anniversary, and we know Blade is october for Halloween. Ant Man is almost certain to be one of the mystery heroes, and the movie is out in july so

KePoW

Banned
Lol kepow. For someone who plays the game 24/7 you sure are lost

lol I don't go to official forums

I'm surprised so many of you like the official MMO forums... they are always a cesspool and filled with complainers. Like WoW, why would I ever go to those official forums

Top Bottom