• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol I don't go to official forums

I'm surprised so many of you like the official MMO forums... they are always a cesspool and filled with complainers. Like WoW, why would I ever go to those official forums

who said anything about official forums, Clea as a team up is something that everyone knows here.

KePoW

Banned
who said anything about official forums, Clea as a team up is something that everyone knows here.

oh I had no idea Clea officially released when you posted. and I think xrayregime's reply linked to the official forums

I hadn't heard until I saw your post

Lord Phol

Huh got another message on my ticket:

Greetings X,

I would like to apologize again for the distress this problem has caused, and we would like to inform you that the information provided to you previously was incorrect. While we are not able to restore your lost items immediately, our team has been working on a compensation solution for players who have had their accounts compromised, and we will be contacting you with further details as soon as we are able.

Thank you, and I apologize again for any frustration this miscommunication has caused.

X
Marvel Heroes 2015 Customer Support

Don't expect much but at least they are working on something which is good to know.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did Indignate say what he thinks about how X-23 came out yet?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
EoOhHWn.jpg

sooo good

looks like its thedink doing spidergirl

LuuKyK

lol I don't go to official forums

I'm surprised so many of you like the official MMO forums... they are always a cesspool and filled with complainers. Like WoW, why would I ever go to those official forums

Well, it is, but its also the main source of info. You don't have to go through the rabid fans to find useful things there, thats mainly why there is a header in the first page of the forum where you can find only the posts made by the mods. Thats what I do at least, aside from looking for streams summaries and into some hero suggestions here and there.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
why do people bother with ttk on dummy when its 3 levels below actual boss level (60) when real bosses are (63) which means your doing more dmg than on a 63

Indignate

why do people bother with ttk on dummy when its 3 levels below actual boss level (60) when real bosses are (63) which means your doing more dmg than on a 63

Because it's the best constant.

Also, the damage potency is relevant. Someone who does more damage to the 60 will do more damage to the 63.

Dec

The official forums aren't great but heroes are shaped pretty heavily based on feedback in the testcenter forums. There are complainers but there are also smart people influencing development for the better.

Nearly every tease and spoiler for upcoming content is there, too. That's mainly why I go but don't really post.

Popped one of my Patrol potions last night.

Had one of the loot explosions, with 5 uniques, 2 RoR's and an Adv. Super Soldier Serum. Looked pretty nice haha..

Also got another melee ICP ring last night.

what changed? whats worse?

Well on the animation side one of his melee combos has really awkward looking animation freezes during the finishing blows, and his dash was completely changed from a cool flip animation to a static looking slide. On the numbers side of things two of his rotational skills got nerfed, one of which is no longer optimal to use. And one of his main Ichor generating skills got pushed down to a much later unlock level.

Nothing that can't be fixed in a day, but questionable changes here. Mind you he got some positive changes too.

Also:

FPoLpMj.jpg

Rhaknar

Venom scares me. The flashiness makes me excited, the health based gameplay scares me tho, I remember seeing Dec play MK at 30% health most of the time and cringing, I always panic when im almost dead lol

Drayco21

Never been a big fan of symbiotes infecting other characters, but if we had to have a Wolvenom, I'd rather have had this one;

symbiotic-wolverine-spider-man-web-of-shadows-big.jpg

Really don't like the look of the one from the cover of New Avengers that they went with.

Had one of the loot explosions, with 5 uniques, 2 RoR's and an Adv. Super Soldier Serum. Looked pretty nice haha..

I screen shotted my last one, because I thought all the lights around the car looked cool.

ji91OY1HnVWOw.jpg

I hope that's a rejected costume. Yikes.

I can see why some people wouldnt like it, but I think looks very interesting and has a certain badass element to it as well.

Rhaknar

my name is Drayco and I ignore people that talk to me in game :(

Venom scares me. The flashiness makes me excited, the health based gameplay scares me tho, I remember seeing Dec play MK at 30% health most of the time and cringing, I always panic when im almost dead lol

Venom heals a lot and has a five minute (less with points) death prevention mechanic. He actually has great defenses compared to most of the cast.

Rhaknar

I missed messages? Aw man, I'm sorry- I spent more time afk sitting in Avengers Tower tonight than I did actually playing.

called you out a bunch today :(

needed some comic expertise on who Clea goes with besides Dr.Strange cannonicaly

Drayco21

called you out a bunch today :(

needed some comic expertise on who Clea goes with besides Dr.Strange cannonicaly

She was a member of the most recent Defenders team lead by Valkyrie, but the only one of that crew who's in-game so far is Misty Knight, herself as a Luke Cage summon iirc, and Luke Cage did serve on the original Defenders team for a brief period of time before he quit.

The old Defenders were kinda weird in that they didn't have a set roster, but she was an occasional member, so she could work alongside Hulk, Silver Surfer and Daredevil on the note of their teamwork there. Antman, Beast, Black Cat, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Iceman, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, and She Hulk have all been members too, but not necessarily at the same time as Clea. There have been times when everyone who's ever been a Defender ever has been called together though, so I guess it depends on how far you're willing to stretch that association.

She used to get paired up a lot with Scarlet Witch in various group shots and poster books and stuff from back when she was relevant- I don't think they ever had any actual friendship or notable interaction outside of that, but those swimsuit specials are totally canon no matter what anyone else tries to tell you, so make of that what you will.

Clea didn't show up too often outside of Strange's books, and Strange's books didn't connect to the usual capestuff too much- then she stopped being relevant altogether when it was decided that Strange needed to be retconned into a womanizing sex addict, and his wife had to be quietly swept under the rug to let the change happen. I was hoping Bunn would do something interesting with her, but then Fearless Defenders got canceled, and I don't think she's been mentioned anywhere since, so not many opportunities for interacting with the Marvel universe proper.

Hope that helps, sorry for not seeing the request in-game.

Rhaknar

so....basically she only goes with Strange really >_> oh well, one step closer to my "1 team up per hero" future I guess

Lord Phol

Oh it's a one day only thing? Odin Bounty is definetly the best time to farm items IMO. I need to farm back my GoKs, but I'm seeing the Hobbit today D:.

On a similar note I'm really enjoying Magneto, much more than any other hero in a long time, probably more than Nova. Too bad all the good artifacts for him are rare drops (GoK, Lizard, Spider Serum, Black Tom, Zolas, Magneto was Right etc.). I got a Black Toms, but that's about it.

Lord Phol

Venom has a "very high" chance of releasing this week.

Yus! Come on friday, I got the day off!

On another note we are almost out of team-ups for the advance pack, only Arachne and Deadpool the Kid left. Guessing there will be a new pack before the end of this year or at the start of the next.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm pumped for venom, glad to see lots of people on TC forum speaking positively of the recent build.

I was playing mags last night, and hitting 42 and getting Waste Not really made him click form me. The constant spending collection of debris means pretty much unlimited spirit with a Seer runeword, it's a fun playstyle.

That Wolvie symbiote costume will probably look really good in motion. Those T Pose images are always weird-looking, especially for characters with a lot of animation to them.

Psyched for Venom tomorrow. Need to figure out a way to get some game time this weekend.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm totally gonna rock some odin bounty tonight.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Also got another melee ICP ring last night.

Nice. I popped one, never got an explosion at all. I still have the 2nd one, but didn't seem to do anything for me.

I am not sure if this shows how much of a noob I am or what, but I have 3 characters at 60, have played for over 120 hours and none of my vendorsrs are at max yet. crafter is at 14, the enchanter is at 9, I haven't even touched the weapon guy. The progress is so slow that I just lost interest. At this point I have been just vaporizing loot for my pets. I guess I need to jump back on that.

Rhaknar

Whoa, Venom might be out this week? Holy monkey butts.

i hope not I hear he needs serious work, and theres plenty of room left in december (well maybe not since Gaz is taking time off for holidays i guess)

Vecks

I am not sure if this shows how much of a noob I am or what, but I have 3 characters at 60, have played for over 120 hours and none of my vendorsrs are at max yet. crafter is at 14, the enchanter is at 9, I haven't even touched the weapon guy. The progress is so slow that I just lost interest. At this point I have been just vaporizing loot for my pets. I guess I need to jump back on that.

Just use credit chests to level up vendors. It should help speed things along. And you really don't have to bother with anyone else. Crafter and Enchanter are all you really need.

I didn't read too many people complaining about real, actual bugs with Venom. Maybe some range stuff on his area attacks and a couple of sound things, but most of it could be hotfixed pretty quick. People are saying he's very strong, though it's hard to cut through all of the hyperbole.

Most of the complaints are things like "his tongue sticks out too much," or "his entire build is wrong and should be redone completely."

But yeah, since tomorrow/Friday is the last patch in December, it's either now or 2015. (The real 2015, not Marvel Heroes 2015).

Also looks like Colossus is getting buffed a bit:

I heard you guys like big red damage numbers. Here's a tidbit from the Venom patch notes:

"Colossus' Ultimate, Heavy Metal, now causes Brutal Strikes. All the time. Every time."

Top Bottom