• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Venom's Ichor gain was heavily brought down this last build. And instead of lowering the Ichor cost of his ST spender, they slowed down its attack speed lol.

They also completely changed the animation of his big symbiote tendril aoe to something that's super small and lame in comparison. His cool dash flip is also forever lost to us =/

Awww man, really?

Why they ruining Venom?

That Doom needs to turn his frown upside-down! He's being a good guy now and needs to stop making faces that instill nightmares in young children.

What are you talkin 'bout? Doom always thinks of the children!

New%2BAvengers%2B(2013-)%2B023-014.jpg

Can someone give me some Core advice?
I found an X-Gene Costume Core that has 25% rare item find, 2 secs of invincibility on medkit use, regen 25% of health on medkit use and +1 to durability.
Is a core like that a big benefit for raiding (which I have never really done)? Someone offered me 10 blessings for it, so I guess its type is in high demand.

I found an X-Gene Costume Core that has 25% rare item find, 2 secs of invincibility on medkit use, regen 25% of health on medkit use and +1 to durability.
Is a core like that a big benefit for raiding (which I have never really done)? Someone offered me 10 blessings for it, so I guess its type is in high demand.

Anything with both invulnerability and health/spirit regen is good. Combine that with a +1 to a stat and it's even better.

Yup, both "on medkits" are really good.

Durability is a bit meh, but still a nice bit of raid gear for sure.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How many cards did it take you to get those 2?

The big bundle, hence the shame. Got the Thing and Mr.Fantastic costumes too, no Spidey or ironman. Oh well it's done /shrug

What's the word on the patch? Now that it's possible, I would totally go for some venom this weekend. Also Im excited about checking out the theory that the splinter vendor refreshes on every patch, I need more Old Laces!

Dec

The big bundle, hence the shame. Got the Thing and Mr.Fantastic costumes too, no Spidey or ironman. Oh well it's done /shrug

What's the word on the patch? Now that it's possible, I would totally go for some venom this weekend. Also Im excited about checking out the theory that the splinter vendor refreshes on every patch, I need more Old Laces!

Friday 6am pacific is the planned time.

Vecks

Anyone know if doop runes only drop from doops? Or can they drop from any enemy?
I only have one non-gifted doop rune, and I can't remember how I got it.

Dec

Anyone know if doop runes only drop from doops? Or can they drop from any enemy?
I only have one non-gifted doop rune, and I can't remember how I got it.

I have never gotten any doop runes from anything other than worldstone caches

I think they are supposed to drop in the doop portal, not sure about other doops.

I don't think they drop anywhere when the cosmic chaos event isn't running.

Vecks

I think they are supposed to drop in the doop portal, not sure about other doops.

Oh. I think I do remember something/someone say that. Well, that would certainly explain it.

Basically this, all Doops during the Cosmic event and the caches.

Maaaaaaan, I really want a Doom team-up. At least give us the damn default costume version GAZ!

I may just pour some of my Steam trading card profits into MH so that I can buy a handful of cards and pray to RNGesus.

Gothos

We can't reroll challenge bonus on unique, right? :( I got White Gorilla Jacket (or something) and it has +Energy :(

And those Venom changes - ehhh, Gazillion being Gazillion :/

LuuKyK

I got like, 8 uniques to drop from Loki in ICP. lol

That and 2 Ultimate Upgrade Tokens. I mean. Insane. This game is loot heaven.

Dec

Pulled a Kirigi's Katana.

I'm assuming this is BiS for Wolvy considering the bleed damage.

Maybe even X-23 if you go that route.

Probably around even with his bone claws, worse than slags mace.

X-23 can't use it either unfortunately because her slot 1 is extremely good.

I'm not really sure it's a useful item, even if it is pretty good.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
hot

it also says not dropable now ? can we trade uniques soon then ?
8Eu1aL5.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is the grenade art as good for any hero as the summon art is for summon heroes?

Dec

is the grenade art as good for any hero as the summon art is for summon heroes?

Yes, it is straight up OP in the hands of any aoe hero.

Hybrid aoe* always forget about the hybrid part.

Thor, Black Widow, Ghost Rider and probably Black Panther can all build around it off the top of my head. It fits ghost rider judgement build perfectly and enables a bomb build on Black Widow and a Hammer Smash aoe build on Thor, solely from this one item.

ParityBit

^ Is this the grande you were telling me about?

Some questions:

1) When looking at cores, I heard if the core does not have invincibility, it is not worth it. is this true?

2) What should I look for in artifacts?

Both of these questions stem from the fact I am a horder and I need to clean my storage out. But I have no desire to throw away a SoJ like item (from Diablo)!

Dec

^ Is this the grande you were telling me about?

Some questions:

1) When looking at cores, I heard if the core does not have invincibility, it is not worth it. is this true?

2) What should I look for in artifacts?

Both of these questions stem from the fact I am a horder and I need to clean my storage out. But I have no desire to throw away a SoJ like item (from Diablo)!

1) It depends. Red raids for the most part require invulnerability on medkit cores.

For everything else, on a lot of heroes they can be extremely valuable but they aren't the only option and a core doesn't need that affix to be valuable. Some heroes may not want it at all.

Link some items in the SG chat and someone will tell you if it's a useful item I'm sure.

2) Damage rating relevant to your hero, skill points, crit chance are the staples. Some heroes need more from artifacts, like spirit sustain, health/invulnerability procs, attack speed.

More important is just building a hero you like and seeing what you start having problems with when you put them in harder content. If you were never in danger of dying or running out of spirit but it took a long time to kill something, sacrifice some of those things to replace with more damage.

Once again, if you're worried about selling something that is good, just link it into SG chat.

Rhaknar

im a big propenent of not being afraid of using a survivabilty artifact as needed. Hero too squishy? pop a super soldier serum in there for example

but im in the minority here

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Between IC/Midtown boxes and crafting a few, I'm up to 8 Unstable Molecules. I guess I should prestige some dudes and get some costume.

I crafted one last night, got the Iron Man MK1. Not sure If I'm gonna bother keeping it. I use Heartbreaker on my IM, which I really like. MK1 has it's charms, but I can't see myself really sticking with that goofy thing.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Phew I got X-23 to red prestige. Got pretty boring there towards the end but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be(thanks in part to the server xp boost). Not something I think that I'll ever do again though haha.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Phew I got X-23 to red prestige. Got pretty boring there towards the end but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be(thanks in part to the server xp boost). Not something I think that I'll ever do again though haha.

Doing it all at once probably made it a lot rougher than it would otherwise be. I take a break on a char every time I hit 60 on a new prestige, then go back to do another round when I haven't played him for a while. Then again, I've only prestiged like 4 times so far across all of my characters. That is going to change though, I'm planning to prestige every character I have a stash tab for (via advanced pack generally) at least once, just for costumes.

I still have barely even played Rogue since she came out, her potential is so cool but trying to decide on a building is just overwhelming and I never really got started.

Do the rolls on special event items in the vendor hold over from event to event?

I have a really well rolled Portal in the vendor, but I don't think I'll be able to get enough Drives for it before the patch tomorrow.

Doing it all at once probably made it a lot rougher than it would otherwise be. I take a break on a char every time I hit 60 on a new prestige, then go back to do another round when I haven't played him for a while. Then again, I've only prestiged like 4 times so far across all of my characters. That is going to change though, I'm planning to prestige every character I have a stash tab for (via advanced pack generally) at least once, just for costumes.

I still have barely even played Rogue since she came out, her potential is so cool but trying to decide on a building is just overwhelming and I never really got started.

I'm in the same boat with Rogue. I was hoping to build her around random artifacts I had lying around but I couldn't even get her up to 60. With Venom coming out she'll remain benched too.

Dec

Do the rolls on special event items in the vendor hold over from event to event?

I have a really well rolled Portal in the vendor, but I don't think I'll be able to get enough Drives for it before the patch tomorrow.

They will still be there next event.

I left a good doop insignia in the cosmic chaos vendor for two months.

Rhaknar

new Spider Woman look, for when she eventually becomes a hero

4281517-635544611181339292-spiderwoman-cover.jpg

4281525-635544608591237491-spiderwoman-profile.jpg

Comic Vine says Jessica has had the same costume for 37 years now since her debut, is that true? To be fair I dont remember another SW costume, but damn, that does not happen a lot in comics o_O

Rhaknar

man... do NOT google She Hulk at work o_O

good lord people, I know she's green and sexy, but damn

Rhaknar

frost any update on Venom? some good news finally?

frost any update on Venom? some good news finally?

Well the freezing animations on his melee combo were fixed, that's something!

Seriously though, despite my negative comments Venom does feel like a proper complete character, and I expect many will enjoy him. He has a cool kit visually and functionally. My gripes come mainly from a min/max point of view where some his cool/unique skills become useless due to opportunity cost.

Rhaknar

Well the freezing animations on his melee combo were fixed, that's something!

Seriously though, despite my negative comments Venom does feel like a proper complete character, and I expect many will enjoy him. He has a cool kit visually and functionally. My gripes come mainly from a min/max point of view where some his cool/unique skills become useless due to opportunity cost.

this is why I like not going on the TC, I dont know what they changed or removed

I assume his dmg type is physical?

Top Bottom