• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the Guardians pack for the Rocket costume and team-ups.

I didn't think I'd like the Rocket movie costume cause he sounds too much like Deadpool but damn it's nice looking and movie Groot looks so much better. Don't think I can go back to old Rocket now.

I didn't think I'd like the Rocket movie costume cause he sounds too much like Deadpool but damn it's nice looking and movie Groot looks so much better. Don't think I can go back to old Rocket now.

Yeah I agree. I hate the voice acting, but I love the looks. I really do not like Rocket's default model in the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2014 had 15 heroes released

The 12 from the advance pack, Nova, Tasky and X-23, along with lots of reviews, most with new animations and whatnot

Could we have more heroes in 2015, now that most reviews are done? Hoping for a few unscheduled heroes

The 3 to the left here - Deadpool, Luke Cage and (Superior) Iron Man:

The other 2 are Sabretooth and Hobgoblin, so very unlikely to be costumes.

Also likely we'll get a Loki one:

Ah, thanks for these. Don't know how I forgot about Superior IM. Not clamoring for another white costume for him though, considering I already have and love Starboost and the White Guardians ones. DP one should be a nice change for him visually.

The 12 from the advance pack, Nova, Tasky and X-23, along with lots of reviews, most with new animations and whatnot

Could we have more heroes in 2015, now that most reviews are done? Hoping for a few unscheduled heroes

Going to rain on the parade here. Nova and X-23 had a fair amount of their work done pre-release and Taskmaster was just a copy-paste of heroes already in the game.

Drayco21

Of course we are, it's how Kaine is getting put in the game next year. Special unscheduled release to tie into the end of Spider-Verse.

KePoW

Banned
Wasn't City of Heroes' sidekicking just bringing every party member's stats up (or down) to the level of the party leader, and reduced XP gain for those that were scaled by a lot? Or was that Champions Online?

it's been a while, but something like that, I don't remember the math formula involved

I played Champions Online too haha

I didn't know u were that old Red

it's been a while, but something like that, I don't remember the math formula involved

I played Champions Online too haha

I didn't know u were that old Red

Yeah gee, playing games from 2005 and 2009 makes me really old. :p

I used to play Meridian 59, the very first MMORPG, also Ultima Online and Everquest 1. Believe me, I'm much older than you think

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ryolnir said on that stream he really would like green goblin playable

KePoW

Banned
Yeah gee, playing games from 2005 and 2009 makes me really old. :p

I used to play Meridian 59, the very first MMORPG, also Ultima Online and Everquest 1. Believe me, I'm much older than you think

WHOA sweet! I played in the first Ultima Online alpha test, because I was at college in Austin when it came out. And that's where Origin+Lord British was based in

I didn't play Meridian 59 though... you must be old!

hey were you a major PK Dread Lord in UO? You seem like that type haha

Dec

A lot of hidden posts on the dev tracker. 6 posts I think, a bit more than I thought the patch notes would be. Maybe tomorrow's Christmas thing is big.

A lot of hidden posts on the dev tracker. 6 posts I think, a bit more than I thought the patch notes would be. Maybe tomorrow's Christmas thing is big.
Looks like we got some nice stuff incoming
facebook_highlight_HolidaySale_2014_12daysof_SEVEN.jpg

xYzPgxu.jpg

It goes in order clockwise, so tomorrow = Groot TU (Christmas Groot, mayhaps?) and Christmas Eve = Random Hero Box.

Vecks

A random hero box? It feels like months since the last one they gave away. I actually haven't bought many heroes lately, so my chances should be better now.

As for that groot, I sure hope it's a separate holiday-themed one. It just wouldn't make sense to give away the current one that a lot of people probably already have since it's the cheapest.

Looks like we got some nice stuff incoming
facebook_highlight_HolidaySale_2014_12daysof_TWELVE.jpg

So based on this, tomorrow is the HERBIE gift, whatever that may be, and then random hero box on day 12? I think I can log on every day barring maybe Christmas, so that should be nice. A random hero box is just an ultimate upgrade for me most of the time these days.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
random hero box is completely useless to me, oh well, good for 95% of other people tho

herbie pet tho, yes pls! or any pet really. And venom please, im pumped

inter

Hey guys, was thinking about getting back in to this game and saw that Steam had hero packs on sale. Does anyone know if they ever change these? Just trying to decide if I should wait for more options to show up or jump on them now.

Tonight I found one of those Industry City rings that I had heard about. Its really nice and great for my Daredevil. I was very lucky as I usually avoid IC, because I find the area too ugly, easy and chaotic. Also found my first Essence of Dread there too. Might be good for Emma or Jean.

People in the chat were saying Red Skull is coming tonight. That would be very cool.

Hey guys, was thinking about getting back in to this game and saw that Steam had hero packs on sale. Does anyone know if they ever change these? Just trying to decide if I should wait for more options to show up or jump on them now.

Very rarely. I was actually surprised when I checked and saw Magneto up there.

Rhaknar

Tonight I found one of those Industry City rings that I had heard about. Its really nice and great for my Daredevil. I was very lucky as I usually avoid IC, because I find the area too ugly, easy and chaotic. Also found my first Essence of Dread there too. Might be good for Emma or Jean.

People in the chat were saying Red Skull is coming tonight. That would be very cool.

my new goal is one of those on every hero

...>_>

wait for the dailies / flash deals, might go cheaper

Indignate

They don't change them; they just add to the list.

From what I've heard, Steam has this thing about only allowing a certain amount of add-ons for F2P games within certain time frames, so I presume they will be putting up packs for only the more popular heroes there.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hi all,

We're going to be moving around the Patrol Shared Quests so that the Midtown Manhattan quests falls on Monday, to align with Midtown Madness Monday, my favorite day of the week! However, as a result of this change, all of the Patrol quests are shifting by one day.

How does this affect you?

If you start your Patrol Shared Quest before 6AM and do not complete it, the progress will be reset and replaced with a new mission after the patch!

Apologies for any inconvenience!

We will send out a message in-game about this around 5AM as a reminder.

yay awesome

Vecks

It's kind of hard to say what the deal is with these things. They put up a few in the first year, but after that, for 8 months or so, they didn't add any. Then, just recently, they added a few, but it's not very consistent, as a few other heroes were released in that time period but didn't get packs.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yay, free pets are always nice. I hate juggling them around when I swap characters.

Patch notes are up:

EVENT: WINTER FESTIVITIES & SEASON’S GREETINGS
Holiday Spirit Buffs

Pick up Holiday Spirit power-ups and you'll enjoy a glowing slowflake above your head and an icon on your buff bar that offers you a chance to defeat a specific boss to receive special gifts! When you defeat that boss, you'll receive a special Holiday loot bonus that includes a Holiday Tree credit item, and Festive Giftboxes that can contain small loot drops or very rare items. The power-up goes away once you receive the Holiday Spirit loot. You can receive guaranteed Holiday Spirit power-ups from the first completed Shared Quests of the Day.

Additionally, the same Festive Giftboxes can drop in all areas of the game, regardless of whether or not you have a Holiday Spirit buff!

Winter Midtown!

Midtown Manhattan Patrol has been transformed by the snowy weather! Check out the new scenery in Midtown and beware the new Ice Golems!

The former mob affix 'Crippling' (which replaced Slow Aura in the last major patch), has been renamed to 'Chilling' to go along with the Winter scenery, and now debuffs the player with an icy visual.

Snowy Midtown debuts a new boss affix, Winter's Grasp, which will be featured on the Winter's Horde golems found there, in addition to being added to the standard boss affix pool.

Venom, the One-shot and gifting are the other big items. Also change to the Monolith fight in the raid, it should go much faster now.

Rhaknar

AP" owners get 2 pets? fuck yes

my "every hero with a pet" future dawns near!

Vecks

Yup, Holiday Sale has finally started:

Celebrate the holidays with 50% off of all of the following released prior to December:

Heroes*
Costumes*
Team-Ups*
Pets*
Fortune Card Mark 1 - 6 Boxes
*This sale excludes most Heroes, Costumes, Team-Ups and Pets that have been or will be released during December including: Venom, Anti-Venom Costume, X-23, X-23 Target X Costume, Star-Lord Marvel NOW! White Costume, Spider-Man Amazing Costume, and Clea Team-Up.

ParityBit

Aw man, I have G's burning in my pocket .... All left over from black Friday, What do I do?!

And how long is that Steam sale going to go for? I have none of that stuff .... Seems like a good price?

Rhaknar

Aw man, I have G's burning in my pocket .... All left over from black Friday, What do I do?!

And how long is that Steam sale going to go for? I have none of that stuff .... Seems like a good price?

january 2nd, says so on the main page.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Good news everyone.

As for Security Features, we have an upcoming change that will render high value items undroppable. Currently, compromised accounts are dropping items rather than trading them, so we are not going to allow someone to drop your GotK, only trade it. If someone trades it away, we instantly know where it goes and can ban all associated accounts (and even force those accounts to trade it back to you!)
We're also working on item restore for those who have lost items already and have been archiving your item logs to do so. After the holiday a forced password reset is planned in order to protect any players who might be using a password shared with other services who aren't aware. We've upped the requirements on our passwords considerably. The next step will be email verification and of course, a two-phase or two-factor authentication system.
If your account is compromised and they gift your Gs away, 1) that would be very stupid of them since we can see exactly where it goes and MTX items are not tradeable, so they'd have to use a main account not a mule, and 2) we will easily refill your Gs.

Top Bottom