• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Volimar

You're actually better off using that on a purely physical character.

Here's what I got:

ccl7tCB.png

I got that too, but with +1 intelligence. Not sure who to put it on.

So after running numerous Minister cosmic terminals I was about to give up getting a Cuirass for my Rocket Raccoon.. Blue box of Christmas cheer comes along and I open it. Cuirass with durability...not the best but better than running terminals forever x3

KePoW

Banned
Phew I got X-23 to red prestige. Got pretty boring there towards the end but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be(thanks in part to the server xp boost). Not something I think that I'll ever do again though haha.

dude u still got yellow to go buddie

Comic Vine says Jessica has had the same costume for 37 years now since her debut, is that true? To be fair I dont remember another SW costume, but damn, that does not happen a lot in comics o_O

Yes. Originally when she was part of Hydra, she also had a mask covering her entire head:
luna-jonathan-spider-woman-origins-cover-spider-woman-and-hydra.jpg

She later dropped that for having her hair out. Since then she's always had her classic costume.

Vecks

Steam sale is up. As usual, all the Marvel Heroes packs are 50% off. But not all packs are created equal, and they aren't the same packs as the ones on the webstore, so be sure to read the description to see what you get.

I think the best deals are probably the Magneto Pack (8.49 for Magneto, his stash and 500G) and the Guardians of the Galaxy Team Pack (19.99 for 2 heroes and their stashes, 3 team-ups, 2 alt costumes, including enhanced rocket, and 30 fortune cards).

Black Widow and Hawkeye are also somewhat decent deals at 4.99 (provided you like the characters), since they each actually include 2 alt costumes, and their stashes.

And, of course, there's also the Rogue pack at 9.99. A bit pricier than Magneto, and essentially the same (no alt costume but has 500G and her stash), but Rogue is naturally more expensive, so it evens out.

EDIT: I guess I might as well add the idea of waiting for the daily deals. I don't think they've ever done it, but who knows, maybe they'll do it this time.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm that Guardians pack is looking good for 19.99. I already have Rocket but all the other stuff should be worth it.

BTW, Doomsday Chair is also BIS on Dr. Strange.

People in here have been linking this a lot, it's pretty nice especially considering today's gift.

http://jm.shost.ca/any-heroe-uniques/

I actually prefer using this website. It tags specific builds that are also on the site.

All-Hero Uniques

Here's the entry for Doomsday Chair for example:

http://marvelheroes.info/item/176/

Both great links, thanks peeps.

I'm always a bit confused about min/max on characters and BiS's etc.

Any Ms. Marvel players in here?

Opinions/links to a good build you are using?

I started speccing her up with uniques last night and the hybrid build I was running favoured Energy, so I assigned Uru and Omega etc, around Energy, buuuuut, my SG was saying last night that Fighting is apparently better for her.

I'm assuming those are fully melee builds though? I kinda like a ranged Ms.M as I have so many melee-oriented builds now, but is Fighting still the better option even on a hybrid build?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
All 30 fortune cards were boosts cept for one pom-pom artifact lol. Glad those were just a bonus and not something I really paid for.

Both great links, thanks peeps.

I'm always a bit confused about min/max on characters and BiS's etc.

I think it really depends on which build you're running too. The gear for an iron man melee build is very different from both other iron man builds and other melee builds. That's why I like the site that shows builds rather than just saying it's bis.

Vecks

Any Ms. Marvel players in here?

Opinions/links to a good build you are using?

I started speccing her up with uniques last night and the hybrid build I was running favoured Energy, so I assigned Uru and Omega etc, around Energy, buuuuut, my SG was saying last night that Fighting is apparently better for her.

I'm assuming those are fully melee builds though? I kinda like a ranged Ms.M as I have so many melee-oriented builds now, but is Fighting still the better option even on a hybrid build?

I also think Fighting is better for hybrids. Energy will only increase the damage for Energy (and Mental, which she doesn't use) by 4%. Fighting is +3% damage for all powers, so if you're 2 damage-type hybrid, all your powers will do more damage, not just one type, so you'll be getting +6% damage total, not to mention it adds a little bit of brutal strike/damage rating.

I think it really depends on which build you're running too. The gear for an iron man melee build is very different from both other iron man builds and other melee builds. That's why I like the site that shows builds rather than just saying it's bis.

Oh yeah for sure.

And I'm definitely not maxing people out. Generally running builds that I find fun rather than having top-tier red raid specs in mind. I don't have the artifacts for that stuff anyway.

I like looking at builds mostly for power rotations. I've yet to get any villain drop uniques other than three doc ock arms, and I'm not super interested in farming anyway. I still haven't bothered to tweak my ini to expand my power bar either. I'm just a filthy casual who's played for 450 hours (at least since I switched to steam). Lol.

I also think Fighting is better for hybrids. Energy will only increase the damage for Energy (and Mental, which she doesn't use) by 4%. Fighting is +3% damage for all powers, so if you're 2 damage-type hybrid, all your powers will do more damage, not just one type, so you'll be getting +6% damage total, not to mention it adds a little bit of brutal strike/damage rating.

Makes sense.

Back to the drawing board for her I guess. I'd gone Cosmic Control Rod too lol, so I'll have to look at getting something else now probably. Core and pet also +energy so I'll probably respec from the ground up.

Really like her play style and "flare" though, so I think it's worth it.

KePoW

Banned
I like looking at builds mostly for power rotations. I've yet to get any villain drop uniques other than three doc ock arms, and I'm not super interested in farming anyway. I still haven't bothered to tweak my ini to expand my power bar either. I'm just a filthy casual who's played for 450 hours (at least since I switched to steam). Lol.

Don't worry, I've played 2000 hours in Steam and I'm the same

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Makes sense.

Back to the drawing board for her I guess. I'd gone Cosmic Control Rod too lol, so I'll have to look at getting something else now probably. Core and pet also +energy so I'll probably respec from the ground up.

Really like her play style and "flare" though, so I think it's worth it.

shes my main hero and ive been tlaking alot about her recently in guild chat about how full energy on her is now viable.

my ms marvel was a haymaker full geared (bis) and im still changing her over to full energy gear (need Apocalypse Armor unique for slot 2 and get the item level up).

right now devastation ticks twice per second for around 115k. haymaker fully geared before nerf (mags patch which buffed devastation / all other skills (signature and stuff which benefits from fully geared energy ofcourse) after the 40% dmg to bosses was around 120k. so i can totally see devstation at full bis out doing her haymaker / hybrid build.

also bear in mind my omegas is only 2000

im using gungir on her because her slot 1 and 5 both give 17 spirit on enemy defeat which cancels out cosmic rod bonus.

KePoW

Banned
shes my main hero and ive been tlaking alot about her recently in guild chat about how full energy on her is now viable.

my ms marvel was a haymaker full geared (bis) and im still changing her over to full energy gear (need Apocalypse Armor unique for slot 2 and get the item level up).

right now devastation ticks twice per second for around 115k. haymaker fully geared before nerf (mags patch which buffed devastation / all other skills (signature and stuff which benefits from fully geared energy ofcourse) after the 40% dmg to bosses was around 120k. so i can totally see devstation at full bis out doing her haymaker / hybrid build.

im using gungir on her because her slot 1 and 5 both give 17 spirit on enemy defeat which cancels out cosmic rod bonus.

So how is Haymaker build on current Live? Total crap now??

I have a couple Apocalypse Armors just sitting around doing nothing, so I can slap that on her in a flash.

Do you have a link to your build?

I'm only on ~2400 Omegas too.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
So how is Haymaker build on current Live? Total crap now??

her other melee skill can work out just as good as haymaker or better but not by much.

bear in mind most haymaker/melee on her your gearing for them and the energy skills are just extra layer.

her full energy build everything goes straight to them. also devastation hits everything in a line so if your in a area where theres more than one boss your doing double dmg compared to if you were using haymaker/melee ms marvel.

im just making my build on marvel info ill post link soon ill be posting my exact gear im wearing right now (so it wont have apocalypse armor there it will have the exact challenge bonuses i have etc too)

inky

Man, my inventory is a mess, filled with "loot explosion" and random unique boxes, useless artifacts (considering they were left behind during the hack :p) and I have 1 full tab filled with potions from all the events and stuff.

I'll get a couple of weeks vacation to fix this, but I'm so out of the loop with so many new BIS shit and currencies. Game is slowly reaching "too bloated" status for me considering I only login a few hours a week at most.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
this is my rough layout

http://marvelheroes.info/build/3696/

devstation eats up energy on sustain so im using nimrod but im sure zola is good or maybe better ? hand of doom is what i have but kurse is probs better but doom is getting buffed. black tom can maybe be replaced by something ? (getting health in patch tomorrow tho) maybe a spider clone serum could work too ? also mindless titan medal works well too.

the omega obviously 10 energy node will work great. im also thinking down the line the 25% dmg node but lose health could work well she gets insane health back from devastation sustain (stack lemuria too and just wow.

god of thunder on slot 3 is bis for energy for her her own slot 3 (scarf is melee only)

Dec

wait for the dailies!

This actually isn't a problem anymore. You can do your dailies and they'll be available again after the patch, so you actually want to do them if you can.

Edit: Oh you're talking about the steam sale... durr

They didn't go on a deeper sale than 50% last sale, but it's possible.

So I saw Guardians of th-
Steam sale is up. As usual, all the Marvel Heroes packs are 50% off. But not all packs are created equal, and they aren't the same packs as the ones on the webstore, so be sure to read the description to see what you get.

I think the best deals are probably the Magneto Pack (8.49 for Magneto, his stash and 500G) and the Guardians of the Galaxy Team Pack (19.99 for 2 heroes and their stashes, 3 team-ups, 2 alt costumes, including enhanced rocket, and 30 fortune cards).

Black Widow and Hawkeye are also somewhat decent deals at 4.99 (provided you like the characters), since they each actually include 2 alt costumes, and their stashes.

And, of course, there's also the Rogue pack at 9.99. A bit pricier than Magneto, and essentially the same (no alt costume but has 500G and her stash), but Rogue is naturally more expensive, so it evens out.

EDIT: I guess I might as well add the idea of waiting for the daily deals. I don't think they've ever done it, but who knows, maybe they'll do it this time.

Bah, now to decide whether waiting for the daily deal is worth it or not...
My love of this game baffles me.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
from marvel forum which is from ryolnir at massively stream

thing was confirmed for feb in stream last week

friend scaling sometime next year main idea is play with your friends no matter what level they are

New security features coming forced password reset coming after the holidays

Items Lost in a compromise will be restored eventually they are working on a way to do it (explains the reply a few people here got about something to help in future )

Supergroup stuff coming next year

CABLE REVIEW MARCH! Pick your targets and Take Them Down!

Boss marker so you can see the boss under all the particle effects is coming

Axis Costumes will come one day

DONT MISS log in gifts for this Friday Saturday Sunday possible exclusive awesome gifts inc

Crimson box will not be a gift because items can be traded

Wanda getting pushed a month(late april for AoU) later due to the movie, Wiccan not yet confirmed to have blue spells or being the foundation to be released as his own character

asked about a boost stash which ryoolnir will ask cosmiccupcake about but should be possible and will be cheap/free to buy

hmm for any of you who played City of Heroes, isn't this just copying their SIDEKICK system???

Wasn't City of Heroes' sidekicking just bringing every party member's stats up (or down) to the level of the party leader, and reduced XP gain for those that were scaled by a lot? Or was that Champions Online?

Either way, this is a really important thing.
If you introduce a friend to the game, and you only have high levels, while they've only got a low level hero, there's only several sub-optimal ways to play with your low level friend (prestige one of your 60s, wait for a new hero to come out, or play an insanely over-leveled character that oneshots low level bosses).

Plus, they really ought to fix the difficulty bullshit.

So Thing in Feb. that's good to hear. That means with Deadpool in May, all 52Rs will be completed.

Axis Costumes will come one day

For those that have been keeping up with Axis, what are some cool/standout costumes to be looking forward to?

Dec

Windows 8 has just been giving me problem after problem.

Been sitting here for an hour figuring out why this windows update broke Marvel and RadeonPro while it worked perfectly earlier.

Top Bottom