• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Vecks

Hi GAF. New around these parts but not to the game. Have around 800 hours since May this year and after hitting 60 with Thor yesterday , now have 22 60s. I also spent about 40 bucks on the half price sale and ended up with a bunch of nice stuff. I think it was 4 heroes, 4 costumes, along with another couple of nices costumes out of the blender (got the Venom alt, so said fuck it, and went and bought Venom for full price...). Oh and thanks to the tip from a page or so ago regarding starter heroes and ult upgrades I too committed highway robbery and got a free Rocket Raccoon (that was totally awesome. You also get a spare default costume which gave me a 3rd I needed for the blender. Got Silver Savage from that) . All up, I believe I now own all but 5 characters.

Anyway games awesome yada, yada, yada, but I have a slight issue. After taking a break recently for 6 weeks or so (started Guild Wars 2 - what a fucking rabbit whole that game is too.....) I returned to find my supergroup had apparently booted me, I guess for lack of activity. No biggie, I didn't really know any of them anyway, I only accepted the invite when I did so I could have a green name under mine. However, for the first time in a long time with this game I'm feeling a touch overwhelmed with how much I have to do. Currently leveling X23 (who is awesome BTW) and started Rocket late last night and he seems fun. I still have to finish Iron man (a little disappointing so far - only at 34 though) and start Doctor Strange, Cyclops, Magneto, Venom and I'm sure there someone else I can't think of as well. And I have Hulk ready to go for when his review drops soon. Not to mention the various levels of prestige I still need to finish off on a few characters. Theres also the likes of Mr Fantastic, Human Torch, Taskmaster and a few others who I got to level 20-30 odd, and got kinda bored with, who I may need to go back to some day....

So point being, I guess it would be good to have a SG to run some of this with if someone could invite me? Ingame name is CrackLox. I kinda plan on splitting time between 3 jobs (real one, GW2 and this one) but I should be round plenty enough. Oh and being from the mystical-future land of Australia (it's Tuesday here!) it will probably be some unusual hours but I'll definitely be around.

I also haven't tried the raid, and wouldn't mind a look (too intimidating to PUG). I have a Juggernaut that stomps cosmic terminals for fun that I'm sure could handle it.

Woops, sorry. That was a long way to ask for an invite :/

**Edit - well that was quick - Thanks heaps**

Welcome to the group. I doubt anyone gets booted around here for being inactive, so you don't have to worry about that. There are still accounts in the SG that haven't logged in for months (or maybe since the game first released?). And it seems like there's always someone on at any moment, so you won't be the only one with "unusual" hours.

my birthday tomorrow (23rd) and ill be 24 :D

i was doing sinister diversions wave in icp and killing normal mobs n this happend

also DAT boost panel (dont really have 1200%xp lol)

HJaOtVI.jpg

Happy Birthday! Looks like the game already gave you your presents.
:(

Welcome aboard, lox.

Fellow Aussie here (think that makes two or maybe three of us on MH GAF). I'll add you as a friend as I'm already in an Aussie SG but hopefully catch you around. I don't often see the GAF crew online, as you know, time zones and all make it hard.

I'm SuperScottyBee if you want to add me.

KePoW

Banned
Oh and being from the mystical-future land of Australia (it's Tuesday here!) it will probably be some unusual hours but I'll definitely be around

whoa dang, I don't think we have anyone from Australia here on this thread. that's pretty kool, you'll be the first!

Cracklox

Welcome aboard, lox.

Fellow Aussie here (think that makes two or maybe three of us on MH GAF). I'll add you as a friend as I'm already in an Aussie SG but hopefully catch you around. I don't often see the GAF crew online, as you know, time zones and all make it hard.

I'm SuperScottyBee if you want to add me.

** Puts on Akubra **

G'day mate

Kewl. I'll be on most nights at the moment. This is the sort of game though, where for the most part I'm happy running around on my own and doing PUGS for Xdef and holosim. Most people are good and play properly I find. Mostly wanted a SG for dat green name, and some social interaction in chat etc. I don't think theres many other benefits to being in one actually....

But be more then happy to make things blow up in your presence if you see me around. Gotta remember to leave the chat window open now too......

whoa dang, I don't think we have anyone from Australia here on this thread. that's pretty kool, you'll be the first!

Haha. I think (hope) your tongue is lodged firmly in your cheek....

And holy shit is X23 good. Just hit 54 and shes murdering shit. Has the damage output of Woverine but far more mobile, like a Juggs or Psylocke. Think I'm going to take the time to get her geared at 60

Xevren

sweet beanz!! we'll definitely get along great

welcome to da klub!

btw -- are there really koala bears & pandas in Australia, or is that just a stereotype we have in America lol

Panda's....seriously? Man I wish I could just slap my monitor so you could feel it.

Cracklox

sweet beanz!! we'll definitely get along great

welcome to da klub!

btw -- are there really koala bears & pandas in Australia, or is that just a stereotype we have in America lol

Yup and nope. The koalas go by another name too. Drop Bears. There's a reason they have that name. If you're ever here and going for a walk through some lovely eucalyptus trees, then be wary of above......

The pandas I believe you are mistaking for Kangaroos. I guess there's similarities in that they're both, uhhh, mammals I spose. At my old place which was a bit more country we had plenty of them around. Even had a Drop Bear wonder into our courtyard and climb our screen door. That was odd cos you don't see them out of their trees often. Unless of course its mid drop. But by then its usually too late...

In country Australia no-one can hear you scream.

KePoW

Banned
Yup and nope. The koalas go by another name too. Drop Bears. There's a reason they have that name. If you're ever here and going for a walk through some lovely eucalyptus trees, then be wary of above......

The pandas I believe you are mistaking for Kangaroos. I guess there's similarities in that they're both, uhhh, mammals I spose. At my old place which was a bit more country we had plenty of them around. Even had a Drop Bear wonder into our courtyard and climb our screen door. That was odd cos you don't see them out of their trees often. Unless of course its mid drop. But by then its usually too late...

In country Australia no-one can hear you scream.

whoa Drop Bears, haha datz krazy. I'll have to remember that, like birds?

ohh yeah kangarooz, that must be it

Today was quite the day for me. I decided to try out some new people and ended up getting both Luke Cage and X-23 from 1 to 60, only using 1 set of boosts (1 Exp Rush Bar, 1 Exp Boost, 1 Iridium Triple Boost) when I hit either 50 or 55 with both of them. My synergy is now 157%. Inching ever closer to 200%.

What I did was use saved up ICP boxes to get from 1-20 quickly, then hopped into MM and found a group to play with. Inbetween boss waves I'd do my LQs (MM or Term mostly. If it was a lengthly Story or ICP one, I rerolled) and then TP back to my team. I'd do 5 levels with Laura and then switch to Luke for his 5, before going to the next tier of MM (otherwise the teleport wouldn't work).

Oh and I also found this and gasped from shock. I initially misread it and thought I had a trifecta, >_>.

Cracklox

Annnnd just hit 60 on X23. Whats the consensus around here? I don't remember reading much.

For me she's right there with Juggs and Nightcrawler for the most fun I've had. Not bad at all for a 'budget' character. I went with the middle and left trees. Initially I regretted investing in the DOT over movement style but everything started to click in the mid 30s or so really well. I chucked a mark of the Odinborn on her which basically let me spam Bloody Harvest for crowd control (so awesome - she just dances through packs tearing shit apart), and had Cut to Shreds and Disembowel for single target wreckage. Combine that with her sig and seeing red and everything died FAST. I don't even have a legendary on her yet too, though she will definitely get the next one. I'd also love a Pyms shrinking for her so I can do away with the Odinborn but you know how finding those goes......

I also loved her super fast, zero spirit cost, zero cooldown, movement speed buffing roll. Damn can you can you cover ground fast.

The only question now is should I respect her into a movement build? Seems like that was the way she was more 'meant to be played'

yeah definitely play her as Movement build, that's the best way
Speaking of which, this is my current build:

I'm unsure of an 8th skill to max. I'm thinking Covert Assassin for the unaware damage buff, but IDK if the HP Regen from Heart would be needed vs the Dodge on CA. I was dying a lot near the end of my leveling, but I had lower level gear so I'm unsure how her survivablity is when geared properly (the same applied to my Cage while leveling, and I'd imagine he should be pretty tanky when geared).

I also have 1 point left over after maxing one of these, and am unsure what else would be useful. Would Bloody Harvest be worthwhile as a one pointer here?

Cracklox

Speaking of which, this is my current build:

I also have 1 point left over after maxing one of these, and am unsure what else would be useful. Would Bloody Harvest be worthwhile as a one pointer here?

Interesting. Mine looks a bit different. I maxed the regen passive and with bloody harvest my health bar hardly moves in MM and against most non cosmic bosses. I barely died the whole leveling process.

Just tried cosmic Doc Oc though and died twice so stil lots of room for improvement. Lots of gearing still to do though....

Regarding the last skill if you've been dying the Heart of a Beast will go along way. My 31 points are giving me nearly 1500 health and 550 regen and health on hit.

Not sure what you should do with that last point. You'd lose out massive DPS trying to find a spot in your rotation for a 1 point Bloody Harvest for only a bit of sustain. I'd probably put it into seeing red, which I've got a similar number of points in and gives a pretty good buff

parasight

Wow, I have quite the luck with the freebies lately. Just unboxed Enhanced Lady Loki from the free costume box. Loki is one of the few lvl 60's I have and play.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
today Im going to play some of my least favorite heroes, maybe tweek their specs and shit, see if they click

Hawkeye, Taskmaster, Starlord, Human Torch

It's the login reward for today. I got Daredevil Noir. Might finally give old hornhead a shot!

I love that costume (which is why I paid real money for it). Admitedly, the textures on it could use an update though.
I got Jeans Original Marvel Girl costume. I think its hideous, so it may be headed for the blender. I already have 4 good costumes for her anyway.
Also, lol at the Festivus Pole. I wont be throwing that one away.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got All New Marvel Now Jean Gray, which is great, but its a dupe. oh well

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Iron Man Mk VI, aka Iron Man-ass Iron Man. I already have his Nightclub, Marvel NOW and move outfits, so it's blender fodder.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ooooh free costume today? I have to wait until I get home from work, but I can guarantee it will be either one of the costumes I bought this weekend or another old Ironman suit I don't want :p

Regardless though I'm sitting at 2 unwanted costumes in my stash so it's going to be blender time tonight

Got lady loki from the random.

Also opened a ghost box and got an ult upgrade for the first time.

Grats!

If I think about Hulk costumes all day at work, that's what I'll get, right?

Actually I got Lady Loki from a free costume box around the time of the anniversary I think, bought a random hero box, and got Loki. That's probably the luckiest I've ever been in this game.

KePoW

Banned
Grats!

If I think about Hulk costumes all day at work, that's what I'll get, right?

Actually I got Lady Loki from a free costume box around the time of the anniversary I think, bought a random hero box, and got Loki. That's probably the luckiest I've ever been in this game.

i hope u get the gray Hulk one

and jeez, ur a serious lucky coon dawg!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I know lots of folks love it, but I'd probably blender Lady Loki if I got it, tbh. The default/movie costume is my favorite, I don't like classic, but Siege is pretty cool.

Please don't hate me.

I know lots of folks love it, but I'd probably blender Lady Loki if I got it, tbh. The default/movie costume is my favorite, I don't like classic, but Siege is pretty cool.

Please don't hate me.

There's no problem with that. Enhanced costumes that change the character entirely will always be hit-or-miss. Why would you play as Mar-Vell if you wanted to play as Carol Danvers? Or Sif if you wanted to play as Loki?

The only reason I wouldn't blender an enhanced costume if I got one for free is due to how expensive they are relative to other costumes, but I don't think you're gonna get hate for your opinion.

Well yeah she still has Loki's powers I guess.

I did read that they might put in some animations for Thing's Fear Itself costume where he will actually use the hammer. That would be great.

Anoregon

Well yeah she still has Loki's powers I guess.

I did read that they might put in some animations for Thing's Fear Itself costume where he will actually use the hammer. That would be great.

All 9 thing players will be happy about that!

I thought Sif is like Kate Bishop... a totally different real person?

(I have not read any Loki comix though)

Normally yes, but not when possessed by Loki.

Edit: Damn! Missed logging on before the patch. Guess I won't get my free costume as I'm heading back to Texas today.

Edit 2: I actually did get in, but I got black widow gray body suit. Blech.

Random Costume RNG doesn't like me. I got the 90s Storm costume (probably my least fav look in the game). So, I used that + 2 Punisher defaults (which I got when I uncapped him, weirdly) to blender X-23's Target X. I LOVE the costume, but I already had it >_<. So, I took 2 more unused costumes (Jugg default + Reed default) and blended those to get Nightcrawler's House of M.

It could be worse, but I shelved NC due to feeling too squishy and bleeding spirit way too much. If he ever gets fixed, maybe I'll go back to using him again.

Anoregon

Starter Roster

The starter roster has changed for new players. New players will no longer be able to level Daredevil to 10, but will instead be able to level Cyclops.

Glad I saved one of those ult upgrade tokens instead of using it on cage, I need cyclops for that 10% xp synergy!

Edit: nevermind, only effects new players, existing 1-10 availability won't change for existing accounts.

I got Old Man Thor. Which is cool since I never owned that one. However thor isn't a main and if I do play him, I love his Beta Ray Bill costume so I don't really see myself using it.

Vecks

Got Thing Future Foundation from my box. I think I may have gotten this from the blender before. Might have to do some blender rerolls later.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I got Old Man Thor. Which is cool since I never owned that one. However thor isn't a main and if I do play him, I love his Beta Ray Bill costume so I don't really see myself using it.

Old Thor > Horse-Man Thor

It is known.

Top Bottom