• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

I got my 2nd Cable dupe. Oh wellz will come in handy when they revamp him in 2016. ;p

My friend who just started got really lucky and pulled Dr. Strange, who was the exact hero he was planning to save splinters up for as his first purchase. He ended up playing a bunch with me tonight, so I think RNGesus may have pulled through and got him hooked! heh heh heh

Sorry Marvel, the only Captain Marvel I recognize is Shazam. Stop giving me these tokens!!!

abbildung-4-invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-philip-kaufman-1978-united-artists.jpg

Volimar

Now that we have gifting, does that mean we can give people our dupe hero tokens?

Sorry Marvel, the only Captain Marvel I recognize is Shazam. Stop giving me these tokens!!!

I have 3 Ms. Marvel tokens and 4 costumes....

She's actually one of my favorite heroes in the game.

Lord Phol

Got a punisher dupe!
My gfs crazy brother gave me most of the marvel disney infinity playsets and figurines as a christmas gift >>. I'm not really into that stuff but the figurines look pretty nice.
Blizzard also gave me a Heroes of the Storm Alpha invite for christmas :D.

Anyways merry christmas Marvel Heroes Gaf!

Volimar

I got Cable. He wasn't really on my radar, but I'm happy it's not a dupe. So today was the last day right? Are we expecting a surprise tomorrow, or you guys think that was it?

I got a Taskmaster dupe, however yesterday I did get Superior Spider Man costume so I suppose that even outs. (Though I don't actually have spider man to use the costume with, haha)

Random Costume RNG doesn't like me. I got the 90s Storm costume (probably my least fav look in the game). So, I used that + 2 Punisher defaults (which I got when I uncapped him, weirdly) to blender X-23's Target X. I LOVE the costume, but I already had it >_<. So, I took 2 more unused costumes (Jugg default + Reed default) and blended those to get Nightcrawler's House of M.

It could be worse, but I shelved NC due to feeling too squishy and bleeding spirit way too much. If he ever gets fixed, maybe I'll go back to using him again.

So I had meh luck with RNG yesterday, and again today. I got a dupe Black Widow token.

who is Shazam?? Is that a real comix character, or is that somehow a joke reference to the Shaquille O'Neal movie?
I would totally harp on you KePoW but everyone has your back this time.

Whatever I'm going back to the DCUO thread where everyone will know who Shazam is.
Too bad I'll be the only one posting..... :(

Also I wanted Surfer, not fair. :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got jean grey dupe, so meh. i haven't played her much ever, even since the review.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So I've been leveling Venom for a couple hours, and I'm not so sure I like him. He's fun I guess, and he's powerful, but he just doesn't feel that unique. Sure, he has moves that spend health and whatever, but his health goes back up so quickly that it just feels inconsequential. At least with Moon Knight and Ghost Rider you have to pay attention to your health. He just doesn't seem to have much depth under the cool animations. Maybe it'll be a different story once I've levelled him up or maybe it's just because I'm using the build that everyone uses. I dunno. It was the same with Magneto for me. I want to like him, since I spent 400 splinters on him, but I'm really disappointed. I should have gone with Luke Cage, because at least I would be able to use his Noir costume that I have sitting in my STASH.

inky

Merry Christmas guys. I hope Santa brings you/brought you tons of Thing tokens. Beats a piece of coal at least.

=)

Yeah, Gaz didn't really expand on Venom's health spending build. Dark Tendrils (and/or a ranged attack with a similar design) would need to be buffed to be the main focus of that type of build, along with some tweaks to the We Are Unstoppable passive to make the build work properly. They should remove Hungry Maw's ichor cost and add some synergy with health spending powers.

They also really screwed up their own intention of the gameplay cycle for him where you spend ichor for damage then sacrifice health for ichor. The health sac part as it is currently comes down to Predator's Web and Come to Venom, both of which have negligible health costs and are mindlessly weaved into his rotation together. Health spending for ichor return should be its own "phase" of his rotation, with enough leeway to allow the player to swap between the two phases depending on the situation.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, Gaz didn't really expand on Venom's health spending build. Dark Tendrils (and/or a ranged attack with a similar design) would need to be buffed to be the main focus of that type of build, along with some tweaks to the We Are Unstoppable passive to make the build work properly. They should remove Hungry Maw's ichor cost and add some synergy with health spending powers.

They also really screwed up their own intention of the gameplay cycle for him where you spend ichor for damage then sacrifice health for ichor. The health sac part as it is currently comes down to Predator's Web and Come to Venom, both of which have negligible health costs and are mindlessly weaved into his rotation together. Health spending for ichor return should be its own "phase" of his rotation, with enough leeway to allow the player to swap between the two phases depending on the situation.

I agree with all of that, but I still find him totally fun to play. I do hope they tune him a bit though to reward/compel the actual intended gameplay of fueling ichor with health and vice versa.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Merry Christmas guys. I hope Santa brings you/brought you tons of Thing tokens. Beats a piece of coal at least.

=)

I got mine from the box, so I did my part

I went costume crazy and prestiged some heroes for trash costumes... and then cannibalized the trial heroes' costumes too.

we need moar costumes

I went costume crazy and prestiged some heroes for trash costumes... and then cannibalized the trial heroes' costumes too.

we need moar costumes

I finally got around to starting my Psylocke prestige last night and used that default costume along with some other unwanted costumes in the blender.

Ended up getting Marvel NOW Hulk, which I am a big fan of! I only had the Horseman one before that from another previous blend, and I didn't really like that one. So it worked out perfect!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
huh, one of the first times I felt like I truly wasted money in this game, and ive bought a lot of card bundles >_>

but Sam Nova is fucking awful. I dont know why I wanted him so bad lately, but he's horrible. its not even "kid Nova" as we called him anyway, its more like "teenage Nova", with Spiderman's awful voice acotr doing an even more annoying voice, terrible one liners, and the model looks all tall and lanky, doesnt even look like a kid.

Terrible costume, and truly a waste of 475G

Lord Phol

huh, one of the first times I felt like I truly wasted money in this game, and ive bought a lot of card bundles >_>

but Sam Nova is fucking awful. I dont know why I wanted him so bad lately, but he's horrible. its not even "kid Nova" as we called him anyway, its more like "teenage Nova", with Spiderman's awful voice acotr doing an even more annoying voice, terrible one liners, and the model looks all tall and lanky, doesnt even look like a kid.

You had been warned!

Gothos

Decided to level up Ghost Rider since I had him at level 20 or something. Couple of hours laters I'm level 50 and he's fucking amazing! He's signature is a BEAST - hits like Galactus and bosses just melt with it :) I wish there was some awesome costume for him...

gazele

Banned
Got really lucky and got Spider-Man in my random box (didn't have him before)

Also got rockets movie costume the day before which I really like

Cracklox

Black Widow Christmas here. Got her original costume, so uhh yeah free is good I guess. Did give me enough spares to blend storm trooper Gambit which is ok too I spose. Then got a BW dupe the next day

Xevren

Decided to level up Ghost Rider since I had him at level 20 or something. Couple of hours laters I'm level 50 and he's fucking amazing! He's signature is a BEAST - hits like Galactus and bosses just melt with it :) I wish there was some awesome costume for him...

Yea I really enjoyed my time leveling Ghost Rider, thinking of gearing him up hard. Guy just doesn't seem to die ever and it's great.

Rhaknar

You had been warned!

except I hadnt? the basis for people shitting on it was "lol kid nova sucks in the comics" and mostly, people wanted Richard. Have you honestly ever seen a Sam Nova running around to know if it was good or not? Because I never saw one. Nor had I ever heard anyone talk about the actual costume, not the comic character

Im not saying it wasnt dumb mind you

Anoregon

I blendered some costumes last night and got x-force psylocke, so I guess I should get her, I'm sitting at 700 splinters so I might as well, eh?

How are you guys speccing to level ghostrider? I am finding myself totally spirit starved all the time (around 30) and it's pretty frustrating.

Lord Phol

except I hadnt? the basis for people shitting on it was "lol kid nova sucks in the comics" and mostly, people wanted Richard. Have you honestly ever seen a Sam Nova running around to know if it was good or not? Because I never saw one. Nor had I ever heard anyone talk about the actual costume, not the comic character

Pretty sure I posted about how bad it is when he was on TC. Models is awful, animations are bad and his voice is reaaaaally annoying. Sucks when you buy a costume you don't like, I've done the same with cable, but nowdays I just youtube the costume or try it myself on TC first.

KePoW

Banned

I actually agree with you on this, they should have made it more like a kid and not a teenager

although I think there are some laws about not killing kids or fighting as a kid in video games? I remember in Fallout 3, you could not kill kids because of a law

You should've asked here about it. The Sam Nova costume is one of the biggest disappointments for me because I love the way the outfit/color scheme looks in the comics, but they did such a poor job translating it to the game. Mind you, this costume was finished before the game was even released and they just sat on it, so it has those old school awful textures and detail. Really hope it gets an update along with a boat load of the other costumes that are begging for one.

Rhaknar

You should've asked here about it. The Sam Nova costume is one of the biggest disappointments for me because I love the way the outfit/color scheme looks in the comics, but they did such a poor job translating it to the game. Mind you, this costume was finished before the game was even released and they just sat on it, so it has those old school awful textures and detail. Really hope it gets an update along with a boat load of the other costumes that are begging for one.

ill sit on it hoping it gets improved, I wont blend it. Is Sam even still around in the comics now that Richard is back?

Rhaknar

so I got a Galaxy Note 4 the other day, just rememebred to download the Marvel Unlimited app. Read Astonishing X-Men #1 on it, using the smart reading thingie it does... really enjoyed it. The Note 4's screen is huge so you dont even need to zoom in (especially with the smart reading thing which does it automatically), the smart reading thing goes from panel to panel nicely (as your eyes would, its not like you are looking at full pages all the time anyway), zooming in and out as needed (I actually really like the, almost motion comic style presentation, like sometimes it crops on just a character with a speech bubble, and then zooms out and OMG THERES A SENTINEL THERE lol), it just felt...right. it felt like I was reading a comic. My old iphone was way too small for the app, but the Note seems to work nicely.

Might be time to finally get that MU sub ive been thinking about for ages

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Rhaknar: Read all of Whedon's Astonishing if you haven't, such a great run.

Rhaknar

Rhaknar: Read all of Whedon's Astonishing if you haven't, such a great run.

I havent read comics in over 10 years dude.

Aparently I have a Marvel account, but fuck if I remember the password, and the password reset email isnt coming through. Thanks Marvel >_> Sigh

Drayco21

I forget, are you a Bendis lover or hater?? it seems comix fans are either one or the other with him

(I haven't read enough to form a specific opinion of him yet)

His early street level stuff was incredible. Everything from Dissassembled on has been mediocre with the occasional gem. Everything since Age of Ultron is a travesty. Telling people to read his Guardians of the Galaxy should be classified a war crime.

Top Bottom