• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Lord Phol

Wow Dark Tendril is reaaaally bad while Deadly Maw is crazy good. Having a hard time deciding on a build for Venom with all them options which is awesome. Just needs some balancing and he will be perfect.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wow Dark Tendril is reaaaally bad while Deadly Maw is crazy good. Having a hard time deciding on a build for Venom with all them options which is awesome. Just needs some balancing and he will be perfect.

I use Dark Tendril as a 1 pointer instead of a basic just in case I really need ichor and I cant get it from other means, which doesnt happen often

also, fuck all of you with your fancy arts, I hav zero fancy arts! none at all! :(

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I keep forgetting to run the new One-shot, still haven't. I really fkkn hate the Man-Ape one-shot tho, hope they phase it out of SQs. That map is so terrible without a teleport. And wave defense is dull as dishwater.

I keep forgetting to run the new One-shot, still haven't. I really fkkn hate the Man-Ape one-shot tho, hope they phase it out of SQs. That map is so terrible without a teleport. And wave defense is dull as dishwater.

Man-Ape, yes, my least favourite thing to do each day.

The three wave defenses are such a chore. I like everything after it though.

IMO all they need to do is do away two of the waves and it'd be much less tedious.

I hope the new one shot is a blast to do, I haven't tried it yet. I really dislike the one shots and only do them when someone in the SG is running it.

I know I need to do them for x number of reasons, but they're so boring. Man-Ape being the absolute worst piece of content in the game.

I hope the new one shot is a blast to do, I haven't tried it yet. I really dislike the one shots and only do them when someone in the SG is running it.

I know I need to do them for x number of reasons, but they're so boring. Man-Ape being the absolute worst piece of content in the game.

I have to admit, I do like it when someone from my SG chimes in on chat with an "At Ape, anyone need?".. haha!

KePoW

Banned

HEY aren't you in the Dragon Age thread??

I use Dark Tendril as a 1 pointer instead of a basic just in case I really need ichor and I cant get it from other means, which doesnt happen often

also, fuck all of you with your fancy arts, I hav zero fancy arts! none at all! :(

Stop buying all your characters legendaries and get yourself some good ones.

Xevren

What the hell happened to the yellow gift boxes anyway? I got some when the game went back online on Friday but they don't seem to exist now that I think about it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
took them out dropping to much (rare stuff) and dropping too often, like every patch play in first 2 hours and its awesome then turns shit

Feels to me like the Holiday buff drops waaaaaaaaay less than the Halloween buff too.

I can remember over Halloween having two or three of those things active at once. This one's lucky to drop a couple times an hour.

this event seems so bad, sorry but eh
Yeah I'm really disappointed. I'm addicted to Smite again and not quite compelled to play MH right now cause of the event being such a snoozefest. I'll be on tomorrow to abuse MMM though.

The highlights of the event really are the snow covered Midtown map and new enemies. The snowflake concept is really cool, but I don't like having to interrupt patrol gameplay constantly,

The daily rewards have mostly been meh. I was expecting more serverside rewards and not login bonuses.

X-Giving murdered the hell out of this event. I wasn't around for Halloween.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I'm really disappointed. I'm addicted to Smite again and not quite compelled to play MH right now cause of the event being such a snoozefest. I'll be on tomorrow to abuse MMM though.

The highlights of the event really are the snow covered Midtown map and new enemies. The snowflake concept is really cool, but I don't like having to interrupt patrol gameplay constantly,

The daily rewards have mostly been meh. I was expecting more serverside rewards and not login bonuses.

X-Giving murdered the hell out of this event. I wasn't around for Halloween.

i just dont understand why they couldnt have omega or cosmic chaos running for christmas, we just had the shit armor event. now its just halloween on a smaller scale with some mildly decent login rewards although frankly id prefer just getting eternity splinters/odin marks like last christmas.

GManDH

I have one but it's gonna cost ya bigtime. Adawg said u got into an argument with him

Ive known Adawg for 10 years, we have gotten in several arguments. did he tell you about the time that...wait...i cant say it. but do you really have a nice Vibra?

Embraze

Neo Member
I just started playing the game today and I'm interested in getting an invite to the supergroup.

My in-game name is Embraze

The new One Shot has been disappointing for me. A significant portion of it just feels like Im doing a Mandarin terminal and the new artifact that only drops there, looks pretty underwhelming. At least, its no where near the Necklace or Lizard Formula. There is also no comic cinematic either (I like to watch those just once, but still).
The Hydra Hulkbusters and Red Skull look pretty slick though.

I rate them as...

1. Man- Ape. Not too long and offers the possibility of a really nice artifact.

2. Zoo. Too long, but very pretty with the possibility of a nice artifact.

3. Axis. Recycled setting and no nice artifact to chase.

LuuKyK

So it looks like Monday Midtown Madness will actually be Monday and Tuesday. Good.

Also, is it me or the boss markers in MM are not working at all? I have to randomly look for them since I never know where they spawned. Very annoying.

Vecks

So it looks like Monday Midtown Madness will actually be Monday and Tuesday. Good.

Also, is it me or the boss markers in MM are not working at all? I have to randomly look for them since I never know where they spawned. Very annoying.

I think the patch broke the boss markers in all modes. You have to be pretty close to see them.

Xevren

That's why we have it on Tuesday too, the whole marker bullshit. I don't get it either, people were saying it was broken on test center and it still came out like this.

Dec

The new One Shot has been disappointing for me. A significant portion of it just feels like Im doing a Mandarin terminal and the new artifact that only drops there, looks pretty underwhelming. At least, its no where near the Necklace or Lizard Formula. There is also no comic cinematic either (I like to watch those just once, but still).
The Hydra Hulkbusters and Red Skull look pretty slick though.

I rate them as...

1. Man- Ape. Not too long and offers the possibility of a really nice artifact.

2. Zoo. Too long, but very pretty with the possibility of a nice artifact.

3. Axis. Recycled setting and no nice artifact to chase.

Zoo is significantly shorter than Man-Ape

Takes 4 minutes to do zoo, you can maybe only get to Wizard in that time at manape because defending the dora's is time-based.

Zoo is also 3 chances at good items. All the bosses drop something worth using.

Lord Phol

I actually quite enjoy the event, more specifically I like the snowflake buff. It's a good way to farm 4 stat cores and epic insignias which are hard to come by otherwise. Could do without all the useless "gifts" dropping though.

Grew a bit tired of Magneto, only leveled X-23 to 52 but I'm still enjoying Venom. Suprised he turned out so well even though he was a bit rushed at the end. They just need to tweak some numbers and refine his health mechanics (no good way to stay under 50% and those powers are underpowered atm) and he should be purrrfect. Can't wait for the Toxin costume! Only pet-peeve I got is that his summoner passive just can't compare to the ichor focused one.

I also re-discovered some love for Iron Man. Made a melee/rocket build that's pretty fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stop buying all your characters legendaries and get yourself some good ones.

3615655-5264436814-35726.gif

Zoo is significantly shorter than Man-Ape

Takes 4 minutes to do zoo, you can maybe only get to Wizard in that time at manape because defending the dora's is time-based.

Zoo is also 3 chances at good items. All the bosses drop something worth using.

Fair enough. I rated them based on how I play. I never boss rush and like to kill a bunch of stuff and rescue civilians. So for me, the Zoo takes significantly longer.

Fair enough. I rated them based on how I play. I never boss rush and like to kill a bunch of stuff and rescue civilians. So for me, the Zoo takes significantly longer.

Because of how much I hate zoo, I typically only run it when it's part of the shared quest daily, which typically means I have to rescue the civilians. I agree, between the bosses and rescuing the civilians, it takes too long. Man-ape never bugs me.

Lord Phol

I prefer Zoo over Man-Ape. The enviroment is just so much better in Zoo and I really dislike the wave type gameplay in Ape. Haven't tried the new one yet.

I forgot to log in before leaving for work. What is today's gift?
Winter Boost
I prefer Zoo over Man-Ape. The enviroment is just so much better in Zoo and I really dislike the wave type gameplay in Ape. Haven't tried the new one yet.
Same here. I really like the environment of Zoo and that it's completely new. Wakanda was adapted from a shelved, group challenge that was turning into the One Shot we have now.

Rhaknar

Psylocke just joined the legendary club, after I found out I love her as melee :O

so much fun

edit: why is the thread so dead today?

Good night last night. Finally got my slot 2 unique for Venom (only took about 25 dupes).

Did my daily One Shots and had 352 Hearts and 251 Eyes, so I was able to buy my first 69 recipe and my third 66 recipe. Good times.

Seen some nice numbers from Venom on Signature Brutals. 4.5 million odd now! Wow.

The new One Shot has been disappointing for me.

My only complaint with the new one was last night when I noticed the kills don't count to your Terminal kills in the Daily SQ! The other ones do, so I'm not sure why this doesn't.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my birthday tomorrow (23rd) and ill be 24 :D

i was doing sinister diversions wave in icp and killing normal mobs n this happend

also DAT boost panel (dont really have 1200%xp lol)

HJaOtVI.jpg

LuuKyK

These festive gifts are the most useless loot explosions I have ever seen. I would rather it gave a little bit of exp then these terrible items I will never use.

Cracklox

Hi GAF. New around these parts but not to the game. Have around 800 hours since May this year and after hitting 60 with Thor yesterday , now have 22 60s. I also spent about 40 bucks on the half price sale and ended up with a bunch of nice stuff. I think it was 4 heroes, 4 costumes, along with another couple of nices costumes out of the blender (got the Venom alt, so said fuck it, and went and bought Venom for full price...). Oh and thanks to the tip from a page or so ago regarding starter heroes and ult upgrades I too committed highway robbery and got a free Rocket Raccoon (that was totally awesome. You also get a spare default costume which gave me a 3rd I needed for the blender. Got Silver Savage from that) . All up, I believe I now own all but 5 characters.

Anyway games awesome yada, yada, yada, but I have a slight issue. After taking a break recently for 6 weeks or so (started Guild Wars 2 - what a fucking rabbit whole that game is too.....) I returned to find my supergroup had apparently booted me, I guess for lack of activity. No biggie, I didn't really know any of them anyway, I only accepted the invite when I did so I could have a green name under mine. However, for the first time in a long time with this game I'm feeling a touch overwhelmed with how much I have to do. Currently leveling X23 (who is awesome BTW) and started Rocket late last night and he seems fun. I still have to finish Iron man (a little disappointing so far - only at 34 though) and start Doctor Strange, Cyclops, Magneto, Venom and I'm sure there someone else I can't think of as well. And I have Hulk ready to go for when his review drops soon. Not to mention the various levels of prestige I still need to finish off on a few characters. Theres also the likes of Mr Fantastic, Human Torch, Taskmaster and a few others who I got to level 20-30 odd, and got kinda bored with, who I may need to go back to some day....

So point being, I guess it would be good to have a SG to run some of this with if someone could invite me? Ingame name is CrackLox. I kinda plan on splitting time between 3 jobs (real one, GW2 and this one) but I should be round plenty enough. Oh and being from the mystical-future land of Australia (it's Tuesday here!) it will probably be some unusual hours but I'll definitely be around.

I also haven't tried the raid, and wouldn't mind a look (too intimidating to PUG). I have a Juggernaut that stomps cosmic terminals for fun that I'm sure could handle it.

Woops, sorry. That was a long way to ask for an invite :/

**Edit - well that was quick - Thanks heaps**

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Hi GAF. New around these parts but not to the game. Have around 800 hours since May this year and after hitting 60 with Thor yesterday , now have 22 60s. I also spent about 40 bucks on the half price sale and ended up with a bunch of nice stuff. I think it was 4 heroes, 4 costumes, along with another couple of nices costumes out of the blender (got the Venom alt, so said fuck it, and went and bought Venom for full price...). Oh and thanks to the tip from a page or so ago regarding starter heroes and ult upgrades I too committed highway robbery and got a free Rocket Raccoon (that was totally awesome. You also get a spare default costume which gave me a 3rd I needed for the blender. Got Silver Savage from that) . All up, I believe I now own all but 5 characters.

Anyway games awesome yada, yada, yada, but I have a slight issue. After taking a break recently for 6 weeks or so (started Guild Wars 2 - what a fucking rabbit whole that game is too.....) I returned to find my supergroup had apparently booted me, I guess for lack of activity. No biggie, I didn't really know any of them anyway, I only accepted the invite when I did so I could have a green name under mine. However, for the first time in a long time with this game I'm feeling a touch overwhelmed with how much I have to do. Currently leveling X23 (who is awesome BTW) and started Rocket late last night and he seems fun. I still have to finish Iron man (a little disappointing so far - only at 34 though) and start Doctor Strange, Cyclops, Magneto, Venom and I'm sure there someone else I can't think of as well. And I have Hulk ready to go for when his review drops soon. Not to mention the various levels of prestige I still need to finish off on a few characters. Theres also the likes of Mr Fantastic, Human Torch, Taskmaster and a few others who I got to level 20-30 odd, and got kinda bored with, who I may need to go back to some day....

So point being, I guess it would be good to have a SG to run some of this with if someone could invite me? Ingame name is CrackLox. I kinda plan on splitting time between 3 jobs (real one, GW2 and this one) but I should be round plenty enough. Oh and being from the mystical-future land of Australia (it's Tuesday here!) it will probably be some unusual hours but I'll definitely be around.

I also haven't tried the raid, and wouldn't mind a look (too intimidating to PUG). I have a Juggernaut that stomps cosmic terminals for fun that I'm sure could handle it.

Woops, sorry. That was a long way to ask for an invite :/

lol I was thinking the same thing! Someone should get you soon. Never mind someone got you already!

my birthday tomorrow (23rd) and ill be 24 :D

Happy Birthday =)

Top Bottom