• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've been rolling with Clea for a bit as an active team-up, probably my favorite active team-up. Her spells are hella flashy, it's like you've got a pet lady Dr Strange. Her passive abilities are more for utility, but she's fun to have out.

Island

Almost got my first character to 60 (Hawkeye! Mostly because of the current comic. Bro.)

Can I get an invite to the supergroup? IslandAedun

Thanks!

Dec

Going to farm something Edit: Got a hyde formula and mask of xorn :D

raid went well, going to do more soon cause I've got a few more heroes yet to run it this week.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this game has become WAY too dependant on events. Im not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. But its the monster they created and now they have to live with it

ParityBit

this game has become WAY too dependant on events. Im not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. But its the monster they created and now they have to live with it

All I know are events. Since I started playing it has been nonstop. I am not looking forward to nonevent days to come.

vazel

Banned
Random hero boxes and eternity splinters from events have given me heroes that I really wanted(Dr. Strange, Sue Storm, Silver Surfer) so I hope they continue the events at this pace.

Gothos

Which ranged hero would you guys describe as tanky (with at least decent DPS :p)? I noticed that I basically only play melee heroes, lol...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Which ranged hero would you guys describe as tanky (with at least decent DPS :p)? I noticed that I basically only play melee heroes, lol...

err...tanky ranged is a contradiction. Usually melee characters (or at least specs) are the tanky ones, not ranged. Youre ranged, you dont need to be tanky

lets see, Hawkeye, Taskmaster, Magneto, Black Widow, Storm, Cyclops, Starlord, Ironman are all made of glass. Jean is a bit more tnaky in Pheonix form I guess. Rocket Racoon isnt tanky but all his turrets and Groot take most of your dmg and distract enemies.

Deadpool is a bit tanky if you play him ranged, well, he has a lot of health regen at least. But he hasnt had his review yet.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
err...tanky ranged is a contradiction. Usually melee characters (or at least specs) are the tanky ones, not ranged. Youre ranged, you dont need to be tanky

lets see, Hawkeye, Taskmaster, Magneto, Black Widow, Storm, Cyclops, Starlord, Ironman are all made of glass. Jean is a bit more tnaky in Pheonix form I guess. Rocket Racoon isnt tanky but all his turrets and Groot take most of your dmg and distract enemies.

Deadpool is a bit tanky if you play him ranged, well, he has a lot of health regen at least. But he hasnt had his review yet.

Jean is great. In Dark Phoenix mode you can facetank Kurse, and she has great DPS if you use Dark Phoenix.

Rhaknar

whipped out ol' Johnny Storm... 12k health WITH a super soldier serum o_O

good lord he has no health

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
yup i always said them weekly server buffs they started doing before events would eventually start people demanding more. then it turned into events, then people moaned they was too many with too many different collecting items. so now its consolidated into a roation of 4 and x special events for films and anniversarys or probs easter halloween etc.

thats why they added the server side buff too the armor event. people really cant play the game without some form of server side buff anymore because that server side buff has practically existed at some % for like 6 months now

Moondrop

Banned
did you just call Spiderman tanky? are you still living in pre-dodge nerf times? :D
He's got a passive that grants evasion which scales with points, and he can summon a shield that grants defense, projectile deflection, and regen. That's decent tankiness.

canon is Jean as Phoenix
Jean Grey died on the moon.

Jean has spent much more time NOT being Phoenix.
Kepow's making fun of me due to my insistence on the statement above.

KePoW

Banned
yup i always said them weekly server buffs they started doing before events would eventually start people demanding more. then it turned into events, then people moaned they was too many with too many different collecting items. so now its consolidated into a roation of 4 and x special events for films and anniversarys or probs easter halloween etc.

thats why they added the server side buff too the armor event. people really cant play the game without some form of server side buff anymore because that server side buff has practically existed at some % for like 6 months now

yeah this is completely Gaz's fault, and I also said the same thing when they started doing it so often

they should have special events like once per month AT MOST

Tendo

Is there a way to change your in game name? I would like for it to match my game tag.

I don't know why I chose Baliun when I signed up. I am not a clever man.

The funny thing about this special event business is that we're past the point of people not playing when there aren't events and at the point where people are even not playing during certain events because they're lackluster in comparison to others.

Gaz needs to reduce experience needed to level across the board and then only do server side boosts once in a while and make them grand events. Make the draw of these events be strictly the event items and keep the boosts for separate special occasions.

Rhaknar

hey buddie boi, I thought u said you started reading comix last week?

I got a Marvel Unlimited subscription and I started reading comics. I dont know what these comix you love to talk about so much are

Gothos

Marvel Unlimited sounds tempting. If I understand this right for 10$ a month I got access to every ongoing Marvel book, right? Now I just need to find some good and cheap tablet solely for reading comic books :p

Dec

Yea what Frost said. People are looking at the event situation wrong.

Without events the base xp and drop quantity of things like uniques is too low, they should increase it, then they can turn events into a less often but more exciting thing.

To clarify before someone disagrees, we always have some degree of serverside boost, plus an event running. This game at 0% everything (for those that remember it) is almost a waste of time for character advancement. Uniques every 4 hours and like 5 minutes per omega point.

What they shouldn't do is stuff like the odin bounty events, that reward odin marks in high amounts. Prices have skyrocketed for all things in the market because of the devaluing of blessings, it hurts new people getting in that weren't around when the huge influx of blessings came.

Rhaknar

Dec

I also think the endless danger room levels and achievements will help me stay interested through the slower events that I sometimes stop playing during.

I play for the item hunt. I don't level heroes, I play the same cast of heroes and run content to farm items. Eventually I get burnt out playing the same stuff, even if it's on a different hero. Endless mode and achievements will break up the farming grind and give new stuff to do, or randomized stuff that constantly feels like new stuff.

Rhaknar

I also think the endless danger room levels and achievements will help me stay interested through the slower events that I sometimes stop playing during.

I play for the item hunt. I don't level heroes, I play the same cast of heroes and run content to farm items. Eventually I get burnt out playing the same stuff, even if it's on a different hero. Endless mode and achievements will break up the farming grind and give new stuff to do, or randomized stuff that constantly feels like new stuff.

except you DO play multiple heroes, youre fucking playing Hawkeye now!

Dec

except you DO play multiple heroes, youre fucking playing Hawkeye now!

Yea I said the same cast of heroes. I have like 4 heroes I play a lot at any given time and I sometimes put some on break and rotate others in. What I mean is that I have no desire to level every character to 60, I'd rather stick to the characters I like and farm rare items with them.

Gothos

I can't fucking wait for the danger room. If they'll nail that, then oh my god - the map system from PoE in MH will be fucking AMAZING.

Rhaknar

Yea I said the same cast of heroes. I have like 4 heroes I play a lot at any given time and I sometimes put some on break and rotate others in. What I mean is that I have no desire to level every character to 60, I'd rather stick to the characters I like and farm rare items with them.

isnt that how youre "supposed" to play? Im the one playing the game wrong, not you :p

Been having a lot of issues in the hubs today. I will go there, vendors won't spawn and can't travel out. have to log out and log in to get them to work again. it made terminal runs a pain today.

Moondrop

Banned
So I've acquired a new laptop, and I'm ambivalent on installing Marvel Heroes.

At first I thought this laptop would be mostly for work, and if I did put on games they would be old school GOG-type stuff. But those games are on my backlog for a reason I suppose, and this laptop has an i7 and an SSD. I'm curious to see if the performance is better than my pc with a nice graphics card. Also I'm without my fancy mouse, but I suppose I could adapt for a week or so. Hmm...

Rhaknar

So no Winter Soldier forums, no teasers, certainly no TS anytime soon should mean I'm safe to get at least 1 more legendary for one of my guys before I start worrying about saving marks for his legendary

Because I'm really starting to dig non-summon Loki, and I want to get his now :p

For those keeping score I'm at 27 heroes with legendaries, 16 to go (well until Bucky comes out). I really need a cosmic week to get at least 2 power cosmics (for Panther and Ghost Rider)

yogloo

Is there a good tutorial that covers everything in this game?
I just got back to playing this game after a long break and it's very confusing. Why are there so many currencies.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
So no Winter Soldier forums, no teasers, certainly no TS anytime soon should mean I'm safe to get at least 1 more legendary for one of my guys before I start worrying about saving marks for his legendary

Because I'm really starting to dig non-summon Loki, and I want to get his now :p

For those keeping score I'm at 27 heroes with legendaries, 16 to go (well until Bucky comes out). I really need a cosmic week to get at least 2 power cosmics (for Panther and Ghost Rider)

Winter Soldier is like late jan last mentioned. still theres more rumblings of things going on with doomsaw (when he came back after not posting for while he barely posted much then either only a few posts in december total) he last posted december 8th bare in mind. people are now speculating either hes changed postions within company (ryolnir and few other devs have been posting what doomsaw normally would in the past 2 months this is possible). others are speculating hes leaving soon or is on leave and wants to spend time with his wife after getting married

Rhaknar

Winter Soldier is like late jan last mentioned. still theres more rumblings of things going on with doomsaw (when he came back after not posting for while he barely posted much then either only a few posts in december total) people are now speculating either hes changed postions within company (ryolnir and few other devs have been posting what doomsaw normally would in the past 2 months this is possible). others are speculating hes leaving soon or is on leave and wants to spend time with his wife after getting married

Doomsaw leaving huh? Can't wait for the game I put so much money into to die :p

I'm kidding of course but I wouldn't even be that upset (about the money that is), the 1200 hours so far already gave me my money's worth, well except for the 2015 AP that is >_>

Is there a good tutorial that covers everything in this game?
I just got back to playing this game after a long break and it's very confusing. Why are there so many currencies.

Feel free to ask whatever you want here, I'm not sure there's any guide per se

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Doomsaw leaving huh? Can't wait for the game I put so much money into to die :p

I'm kidding of course but I wouldn't even be that upset (about the money that is), the 1200 hours so far already gave me my money's worth, well except for the 2015 AP that is >_>

Feel free to ask whatever you want here, I'm not sure there's any guide per se

who knows i only posted a simlar post last month in this exact thread and its already coming up again. i just find it weird how he has only posted 7 times in december and the last was on december 8th. he hasnt posted on reddit in over a month which he was very active on aswell.

Top Bottom