• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

KePoW

Banned
His early street level stuff was incredible. Everything from Dissassembled on has been mediocre with the occasional gem. Everything since Age of Ultron is a travesty. Telling people to read his Guardians of the Galaxy should be classified a war crime.

got it thx, that'll help me as I slowly progress through the Marvel main events

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my first Hod and a pym shrinking, and 25 odin marks from a yellow chest. not a bad way to start the day

GManDH

wtf!!1

i never seen u post on here, u seriously creeped me out when you msged me in-game tonight

but at least now I know haha, I was freaked when you asked me if I was on NeoGAF forums

you serious?? im the one that asked you about the vibranium core, which you have yet to answer me.

Guardians 3000 is set in a different universe than the mainline Marvel one- it's not the future of 616.

It's 691.
I know that because just today I actually happened to read a fact booklet about Vance Astro that came with the figurine of him I got.

But yeah, the 31st century GotG are in an alternate universe, not the mainline story.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got a MU subscription, read half of Nextwave (it was only a 12 issue run, which is tragic), now I need all these guys in Marvel Heroes, and it will never happen :(

Team ups at least pls Gaz? :(

I actually think Monica Rambeau has a pretty good chance of being a TU this upcoming year, and eventually get elevated to playable status. She's probably one of the most important Avengers, she was a mainstay for a long time - she used to lead them as well.

Tendo

It's 691.
I know that because just today I actually happened to read a fact booklet about Vance Astro that came with the figurine of him I got.

But yeah, the 31st century GotG are in an alternate universe, not the mainline story.

Guardians 3000 is set in a different universe than the mainline Marvel one- it's not the future of 616.

I read Guardians 3000 and got so pumped with that
Nova reveal last month. I THOUGHT IT WAS 616.

I want to cry forever now. He is never coming back is he... Forever the space door so that Bendis could ruin Guardians... :(

Nova is my favorite marvel character. This stings. SCREW YOU BENDIS.

I read Guardians 3000 and got so pumped with that
Nova reveal last month. I THOUGHT IT WAS 616.

I want to cry forever now. He is never coming back is he... Forever the space door so that Bendis could ruin Guardians... :(

Nova is my favorite marvel character. This stings. SCREW YOU BENDIS.

Don't blame Bendis, blame Loeb for having to shove his son's death down our throats at every opportunity he gets by "immortalizing" him, and noone at Marvel having the balls to tell Loeb to back the fuck off.

KePoW

Banned
I actually think Monica Rambeau has a pretty good chance of being a TU this upcoming year, and eventually get elevated to playable status. She's probably one of the most important Avengers, she was a mainstay for a long time - she used to lead them as well.

by most important do you mean strictly from a writing/story standpoint?? or is she actually super popular with the casual masses of Marvel fans?

She doesn't seem like the latter to me, but I'm still pretty new to comix in general

personally, I like Monet St Croix much much more than Monica Rambeau (from the few issues I've read them in)

by most important do you mean strictly from a writing/story standpoint?? or is she actually super popular with the casual masses of Marvel fans?

She doesn't seem like the latter to me, but I'm still pretty new to comix in general

Story standpoint. She was one of the most influental secondary members (with the primary members being, like, Cap and Iron Man and Thor and such).

personally, I like Monet St Croix much much more than Monica Rambeau (from the few issues I've read them in)

Beyond their names starting with "Mon", and being female, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Why are you comparing an X-Men character to an Avengers character? It's kinda like "I like James Howlett more than James Rhodes". :p Apples and oranges, man.

KePoW

Banned
Story standpoint. She was one of the most influental secondary members (with the primary members being, like, Cap and Iron Man and Thor and such).

really, during what real-life years?

Beyond their names starting with "Mon", and being female, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Why are you comparing an X-Men character to an Avengers character? It's kinda like "I like James Howlett more than James Rhodes". :p Apples and oranges, man.

yeah I just threw that out there lol, cause of the names. although they seem kinda like the same position for their respective teams?? (I've only seen Monet in X-Factor so far, not X-Men)

really, during what real-life years?

80s.

yeah I just threw that out there lol, cause of the names. although they seem kinda like the same position for their respective teams?? (I've only seen Monet in X-Factor so far, not X-Men)

Monica's been a regular team member on the Avengers, and has often taken the lead (usually when Cap or Iron Man where not available), Monet usually is just a team member (I don't remember her ever being an actual team leader). Their powers also are entirely different. :p

Tendo

Don't blame Bendis, blame Loeb for having to shove his son's death down our throats at every opportunity he gets by "immortalizing" him, and noone at Marvel having the balls to tell Loeb to back the fuck off.

...How did I not realize that is why we have Sam being shoved down our throats in every event and crossover.

If that really ends up being the reason we never get Rider out of the Cancerverse I'm sad. Rider was a total badass.
1486783-nova_vs_ironman_02.jpg

...How did I not realize that is why we have Sam being shoved down our throats in every event and crossover.

If that really ends up being the reason we never get Rider out of the Cancerverse I'm sad. Rider was a total badass.

The very name of the universe in which Rider died spells out exactly how Loeb's son died. Coincidence? I think not. [/tinfoil]

Also, I want to believe we might get Rider come back at some point, but it won't be as Nova. They're marketing Sam as "the last" and "the only" Nova left.

Tendo

The very name of the universe in which Rider died spells out exactly how Loeb's son died. Coincidence? I think not. [/tinfoil]

Also, I want to believe we might get Rider come back at some point, but it won't be as Nova. They're marketing Sam as "the last" and "the only" Nova left.

I know comic book continuity is used as needed and not enforced but really, no one brings up Rider to Sam? No questions about what is powering his helmet, where Worldmind and Robbie are? Starlord, Rocket, and GAMORRA were just like "rad a new Nova" and don't mention Richard and the Nova Corps? Maybe I missed that issue but its just so forced.

"Hey look, new Nova and he solves everyone's problems all the time and he is awesome."

Ok the whole son dying thing is actually making this all make more sense with those points I just raised. Just sucks.

Rider was mentioned to Sam at least once, because I remember Sam wondering about the New Warriors, as that was Rider's old team and part of his legacy. But generally, he's just universally accepted.

KePoW

Banned
1486783-nova_vs_ironman_02.jpg

haha I just read this comix last month!

That was the first time I have read Richard Rider. I liked him fine, but I didn't love him as much as everyone in this thread does. He seemed a little too... I dunno, reckless for my tastes. I don't really like people who are reckless

Drayco21

I know comic book continuity is used as needed and not enforced but really, no one brings up Rider to Sam? No questions about what is powering his helmet, where Worldmind and Robbie are? Starlord, Rocket, and GAMORRA were just like "rad a new Nova" and don't mention Richard and the Nova Corps? Maybe I missed that issue but its just so forced.

"Hey look, new Nova and he solves everyone's problems all the time and he is awesome."

Ok the whole son dying thing is actually making this all make more sense with those points I just raised. Just sucks.

The whole Black Nova Corps use helmets that self sustain Nova Force with their safetys off. (Original Sin: Nova spoilers ahead)
Because the Black Novas were rogue criminals that were stealing Nova Force for themselves.
I thought it was another good example of Duggan fixing every other writer's apathy towards cosmic.

Don't worry though, Rich will come back when Marvel Cosmic becomes readable again. I'd rather he stay dead than get stuck in a Bendis team ongoing. His story had a good conclusion, I'm going to keep pretending everything after Thanos Imperative is skrulls and lies.

Nope, Richard
Is canonically the only one to die in the cancerverse . turning into a magical door.

Thanks Bendis, merry Christmas!
Yeah this is what I thought too. I don't really follow cosmic Marvel much lately now that he is gone so I figured I may have missed something.

What a shame.

Gothos

So, I found nicely rolled boots for my GR but they are level 55. Now, my question is, does upgrading this item to lvl60 completely rerolls its stats or are they simply boosted to match lvl 60 range of rolls?

Dec

Just started playing this game
Its fun but its tempting to purchase those heroes
Silver surfer thor hulk

How does team up work?

Each team up has a set of active and passive powers, each hero can have one active team up at a time and you choose between a few options.

They are out all the time - not many do this because they don't really have a way to heal themselves and there's a cooldown on calling them, so you need them to live long enough for the call cooldown to be down so you can call them back immediately when they die.

They are out for 30 seconds at a time - The kills you get while they are out reduce the (3 minute) cooldown on calling them again. During this 30 seconds they are twice as powerful as the above, always out option. This is good if you want to see the money/currency you used on them in action, and just need the extra man to take aggro or help during bosses. Unfortunately the cooldown on calling them is so long that the cooldown is usually not active every time you want it to be.

They are never out but always giving you passive buffs - Most people do this. Each team up has a different set of passive buffs so you want to start with the most universally useful ones. These would be Domino and Firestar mostly. Domino for damage, Firestar for spirit cost reductions.

There will be better ones for specific heroes. I usually recommend Domino because her procs are dodge, crit and crit damage. She is also less than like $4 right now.

Rhaknar

thanks.
I thought Team Ups are always out no cooldown.
so they are like summons

if you have them always out and they die, you can summon them again. the cooldown ticks down while they are out

if they die 2 times in a row tho, youll have to wait

Tendo

What runeword should I put on Nova?

Do we raid as a guild? how do I get into doing green raids? Ready to start raiding on my Nova. I think. Maybe. I'm scared.

What runeword should I put on Nova?

Do we raid as a guild? how do I get into doing green raids? Ready to start raiding on my Nova. I think. Maybe. I'm scared.
Try joining on of Dec's raids when he does them. He's been a great Raid leader anytime I've played with him and he helped teach me how to properly do the fights when I had my first Raid.

Dec

There seemed to be interest in a green raid tonight, going to log in and go when we've got a handful of people willing.

Edit: Later on hopefully, not too many people available now.

Top Bottom