• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I'm surprised the Thor code is still active. Considering how overpriced these characters are you'd think people would jump at the chance at getting Thor free.

Most people likely have no clue. The promotion is from Marvel's official site, not from marvel heroes game, so unless you were told from a source like gaf, you needed to be on the marvel.com's newsletter sub

Xevren

Anyone else have problems getting your Asgard rewards? Forums say if you didn't get it to email support and I did that, they said they can't assist and that if you didn't get it you probably weren't meant to. I know at a minimum I should have gotten a couple fortune cards out of it. I definitely donated a good bit so it's kind of pissing me off.

KePoW

Banned
I'm surprised the Thor code is still active. Considering how overpriced these characters are you'd think people would jump at the chance at getting Thor free.

What do you mean active? There's still several hours to go before the time-limit is up.

Anyone else have problems getting your Asgard rewards? Forums say if you didn't get it to email support and I did that, they said they can't assist and that if you didn't get it you probably weren't meant to. I know at a minimum I should have gotten a couple fortune cards out of it. I definitely donated a good bit so it's kind of pissing me off.

I got my one Fortune Card and a few friends got them too. We didn't donate a lot, so I assume that's all we get.

What do you mean active? There's still several hours to go before the time-limit is up.

There is only 10,000 available to claim besides the time limit. Would have figured that enough players would have claimed those 10k Thor's by now but I don't think the promotion is well known.

I guess you could try asking them to look up your final donation point total to see which tier of rewards to you qualified for. I'm pretty sure at one point they were keeping track of the top 1500 people on their website, and if you donated a decent amount I would assume you'd be somewhere on that list. If that doesn't work, shoot Doomsaw a pm to see if he can do anything about it.

KePoW

Banned
There is only 10,000 available to claim besides the time limit. Would have figured that enough players would have claimed those 10k Thor's by now but I don't think the promotion is well known.

Oh it's only 10k? Didn't know that, thought it was time limit.

That kinda sucks if it counts people who already have Thor?

Vecks

Sorry to hear that. I didn't have any problems. Got all 3.

Most people likely have no clue. The promotion is from Marvel's official site, not from marvel heroes game, so unless you were told from a source like gaf, you needed to be on the marvel.com's newsletter sub

Even so, the code is being mentioned often in social chat, and it's even on the Marvel Heroes forum (there's a big thread on it). You'd think that if people are either playing the game, or keeping up with the game on the official forums they'd know about it.

I still think there aren't many people who play Marvel Heroes. Even the live streams, where they do character package giveaways for simply asking questions, usually has very few people attending.

9WCECoE.gif

Can't contain this hype.

Gothos

Sorry to hear that. I didn't have any problems. Got all 3.

Even so, the code is being mentioned often in social chat, and it's even on the Marvel Heroes forum (there's a big thread on it). You'd think that if people are either playing the game, or keeping up with the game on the official forums they'd know about it.

I still think there aren't many people who play Marvel Heroes. Even the live streams, where they do character package giveaways for simply asking questions, usually has very few people attending.

Out of curiosuty I checked their stream activity on Twitch. Last 4 broadcasts: 28 days ago, 5 months ago, 7 months ago, 8 months ago so it's not like they even try to promote it on Twitch.tv.

Scirrocco

So you can totally get Thor for free by using the code "ODINSON" on your account page. If you have him already you'll get another costume and ultimate upgrade token apparently.

damn. It now 'expired'. i boght Thor during black friday, so it wouldn't mean much to me, but an ultimate iupgrade would be nice

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got a toon to a high enough level to do cow runs (Spidey). Pretty underwhelming so far, got one unique from a regular mob, cow king has only dropped purple crap in my three runs. Makes me less sad that I haven't got the recipe yet.

Vecks

Finally got a toon to a high enough level to do cow runs (Spidey). Pretty underwhelming so far, got one unique from a regular mob, cow king has only dropped purple crap in my three runs. Makes me less sad that I haven't got the recipe yet.

I think Cows are more for exp (and perhaps a break from doing LQs) rather than loot.

KePoW

Banned

What Vecks said. Cow runs is not necessarily a place for guaranteed better loot.

It's just better XP and a different area for change of pace.

If anything, I believe X-Mansion is the mode for best loot if you can get to high waves.

Xevren

Patch 2.1 is on the Test Center now for anyone wanting to test.

Also, Patch Notes are up. Brew some coffee, its huge.

Definitely been waiting for this patch to play some more again. Hope it delivers.

Daaaaaamn, already like what I'm reading. Lots of improvement for Cap and Daredevil. Pet build for RR looks like it's going to be fun with them coming out instant and having multiple out.

Lord Phol

So much stuff I'm drowning in it! I feel a bit better about spending 99$ on Gs now xD, this game definetly has legs. Hope I don't get screwed by the advanced pack they have been talking up.

I'm really happy that they changed Gambits Signature Power, the buff was really a let down compared to Iron Mans One-Off. The other changes to him sounds awesome as well!

Oh man, that I'm not Daredevil Daredevil costume is so mine.

Also, a small Ghost Rider vid from the test center that shows the tooltips for his powers and a bit of riding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsQeSw0pEPs

Check this video out from our very own, Wallach. He goes through all the attacks so you can see them (at about 3:30 in) and does a terminal run.

After seeing all the visuals and hearing about the unique control scheme for GR's Ride, I'd be shocked if they don't bump him up to the 600 ES/1350 G tier of pricing. He's clearly gotten some extra love.

Check this video out from our very own, Wallach. He goes through all the attacks so you can see them (at about 3:30 in) and does a terminal run.

After seeing all the visuals and hearing about the unique control scheme for GR's Ride, I'd be shocked if they don't bump him up to the 600 ES/1350 G tier of pricing. He's clearly gotten some extra love.

Ohh wow sweeeeet!

LuuKyK

I can't seem to log in on test center. Am I the only one? :(

Edit: Looks like its down, at least thats what people are saying on the forums.

Blank!

Am I alone in not liking this direction? Seems like every patch/new character, they try to make them more alike rather than more unique. Now, everyone is "allowed" roughly the same DPS, how long before defense mitigation goes the same route?

For that matter, what purpose does a squishy character serve when he'll bring as much damage to the table as a tanky character?

LuuKyK

I am not even a fan of Ghost Rider but I think they did a great job with him. Seems a lot of fun. And OP too lol.

I literally can't wait to see how they handle some of my favorite characters like Psylocke.

Wallach

WHOA SWEET!!

Wallach, I didn't know you are somehow involved in the gaming industry? You know Doomsaw to get an interview with him?

I used to work in the industry, spent about 8 years, mostly doing certification. I haven't done game-related work in a few years though.

I've been helping with their "whitelist" stuff, basically closed testing as they prepared for this patch to go onto the public TC. He wanted to jump into someone's stream chat when the build first went up so that he could do some impromptu Q&A so I brought my stream up. The guy doesn't sleep, I swear.

KePoW

Banned
I used to work in the industry, spent about 8 years, mostly doing certification. I haven't done game-related work in a few years though.

I've been helping with their "whitelist" stuff, basically closed testing as they prepared for this patch to go onto the public TC. He wanted to jump into someone's stream chat when the build first went up so that he could do some impromptu Q&A so I brought my stream up. The guy doesn't sleep, I swear.

Sweet beans, good job!

Telepath Emma feels so fresh now, my goodness. With Diamond spec still being the same snoozefest as on live, I'll definitely be switching over. Need to test hybrid next.

Also holy crap at Kneel Before Me's damage. With my gear it's at 150k damage baseline. Does anything hit harder?

Wallach

Telepath Emma feels so fresh now, my goodness. With Diamond spec still being the same snoozefest as on live, I'll definitely be switching over. Need to test hybrid next.

Also holy crap at Kneel Before Me's damage. With my gear it's at 150k damage baseline. Does anything hit harder?

Signatures are doing pretty crazy damage right now. I think they'll probably have to pull back some on the special modifiers Signatures get (which are a new thing). Loki's Unyielding Power using a Sorcery build does like 42,000 damage twice per second in a PBAoE for 18 seconds, while also granting a ton of damage and defense ratings, making him immune to CC and applying Chill on everything. Kind of ridiculous.

Signatures are doing pretty crazy damage right now. I think they'll probably have to pull back some on the special modifiers Signatures get (which are a new thing). Loki's Unyielding Power using a Sorcery build does like 42,000 damage twice per second in a PBAoE for 18 seconds, while also granting a ton of damage and defense ratings, making him immune to CC and applying Chill on everything. Kind of ridiculous.

Ah so that's what's up. On a semi-related note, do you know if these new much higher damage numbers are gonna stick or just temporary while the tuning is being finalized? Seems like they just arbitrarily inflated them for the patch. If they're going to keep them, any word on enemies also having their health rebalanced? The game has become insanely easy now.

Wallach

Ah so that's what's up. On a semi-related note, do you know if these new much higher damage numbers are gonna stick or just temporary while the tuning is being finalized? Seems like they just arbitrarily inflated them for the patch. If they're going to keep them, any word on enemies also having their health rebalanced? The game has become insanely easy now.

There's still a lot of inconsistency that needs to get worked out. I can't rightly say how it's going to actually launch, but the intention is to get a lot of the high DPS outliers down from where they are. I would expect enemy health to get adjusted late as a measure if they feel like the ppst-adjusted average still makes TTK times too low.

Wallach

On a side note, if you play Loki and have access to the TC, do me a favor and try out the new Mischief concept. I'm concerned that they will wind up reverting the Mischief changes if not enough positive feedback comes in, and negative/reactionary stuff is far more likely to be the dominant voice when large design changes happen. I'd rather not see them go back to weaker design on that just because the people that prefer the changes did not speak up.

I'll give Loki a spin to see these changes as soon as I can get on later tonight.

Edit: Oh they really may actually revert it, just saw Mayhem's post. There's a lot of opposition already.

Ken

Woah, I want that Star-Lord. Call me when he's out!

Don't really care about the other stuff in the pack though.

LuuKyK

Characters included:

Dr. Strange
Juggernaut
Magneto
Moon Knight
Nightcrawler
Psylocke
Silver Surfer
Star-Lord
Sue Storm
Venom
First Additional Hero to be Announced
Second Additional Hero to be Announced

YESSSSSSS! Psylocke confirmed!
Again, I know.
Hopefully she is not the last character to be released. >_>

Well, that's 100 Euros out of my pocket. I won't make it in time for the Ghost Rider bonus, sadly.

Still no Iron Fist? Really?

Who would you drop out of that list of heroes and villains, then? Keep in mind that Star-Lord is gonna be part of the GotG film tie-in, so he's likely dictated by Marvel.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but Iron Fist is nowhere near as popular as any of the characters on that list (sans Star-Lord and maybe Moon Knight). And they've confirmed that they're gonna put him in eventually.

Gothos

A bit underwhelming roster for 2014 if you ask me, although Venom/Star-Lord/Moon Knight seems interesting. Also, anyone else thinks Nightcrawler looks a bit too bulky on that banner? Gimme Beast (and his Age of Apocalypse costume) :<

Top Bottom