• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Wonder if they are going to try bothering to explain the playable villains in the story, probably not. They would remove NPC of characters when they turned into playable heroes, I doubt they are going to remove boss villain characters because of these new hero versions.

.... SKRULLS!

A bit underwhelming roster for 2014 if you ask me, although Venom/Star-Lord/Moon Knight seems interesting. Also, anyone else thinks Nightcrawler looks a bit too bulky on that banner? Gimme Beast (and his Age of Apocalypse costume) :<

Well they have hit all the major Marvel characters already I think, so lot of side characters and extra fluff is gonna come our way. Reed Richards is like the biggest guy they have to still put in I think.

LuuKyK

I hope one of those additional characters is Elektra.

Wonder if they are going to try bothering to explain the playable villains in the story, probably not. They would remove NPC of characters when they turned into playable heroes, I doubt they are going to remove boss villain characters because of these new hero versions.

.... SKRULLS!

Well they have hit all the major Marvel characters already I think, so lot of side characters and extra fluff is gonna come our way. Reed Richards is like the biggest guy they have to still put in I think.

Yeah it will make no sense to see a battle of magnetos for example. Wonder if they will go the clones! Or nanomachines! way. lol

KePoW

Banned

Yeah it will make no sense to see a battle of magnetos for example. Wonder if they will go the clones! Or nanomachines! way. lol

BattleMonkey already explained it... SKRULLS (if you know the comic book reference)

Vecks

i might buy this i might not. till when is this active? and did the bonus for every day u log in start already?

I'm pretty sure none of the holiday bonuses have begun yet. Probably will start on the 20th with the new patch.

Hey guys, if I want in on the GAF "super-group", do I need to contact someone particular? Or should I just add my details to the spreadsheet? :)
Inky created the supergroup and usually handles that. He's kind of busy I think for the rest of this month so he probably won't be able to help you. However, (I'm not sure about this) I think he gave us all the ability to add people.

I know she's at least one of the characters who Doomsaw has been talking about is on the shortlist. But I don't think it's gonna be her.

They probably have the 2 mystery characters already settled but don't want to spoil the surprise (kinda like with Loki).

anyone going to get the new packs??

I'm definitely tempted. I really want to play Dr Strange, Magneto, and Silver Surfer. Moon Knight, Nightcrawler, and Psylocke are three others I have mild interest in (at this point). Throw Ghost Rider into the mix and it seems like $130 is still a deal. I just have to figure out the best way to make it happen...

LuuKyK

anyone going to get the new packs??

Even if I think its a good value for someone who is going to actually play and is interested in all the heroes in the pack, I think its a little bit much for me to actually justify buying it. Especially considering I would only really play Psylocke and Nightcrawler out of those.

GManDH

my only concern is to get those heroes afterwards would be such a pain, that it might be worth it. you cant not play as Jugg!!!

Lord Phol

I just bought 99$ worth of Gs the other day and I'm still considering getting the deluxe pack. The deal is just so good D:.

KePoW

Banned
I'm a huge supporter of this game and have spent a lot of money on it, but I may pass on the Advance packs.

Only because I get a lot of splinters by playing many hours, so getting the heroes is not a problem.

LuuKyK

This Lv. 60 experience orb and the unique/cosmic items chest items are new on the Test Center right? Never saw them before. They are soooo useful to test characters out and make builds. I am glad they are 1G too. Awesome.

Edit: And whats this I am hearing of a new Asgard area? Its the PvP one?

This Lv. 60 experience orb and the unique/cosmic items chest items are new on the Test Center right? Never saw them before. They are soooo useful to test characters out and make builds. I am glad they are 1G too. Awesome.

Edit: And whats this I am hearing of a new Asgard area? Its the PvP one?

There's a new quest in Asgard that lets you continue the story. Look for the marker.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just clicked the email for the Advance Packs, saw the prices, literally LOL'd, and closed the tab.

I heard people say Cable was boring, but Im really enjoying him. My favorite thing in the game is picking off, oblivious enemies on the edge of the screen, with his "charge-shot" power (I forgot its actual name. Its like Punisher and Widows sniper rifle shot).
I dont think I'll be buying a new costume for him though. His default one is awesome and probably the best looking outfit he has.

KePoW

Banned
I heard people say Cable was boring, but Im really enjoying him. My favorite thing in the game is picking off, oblivious enemies on the edge of the screen, with his "charge-shot" power (I forgot its actual name. Its like Punisher and Widows sniper rifle shot).
I dont think I'll be buying a new costume for him though. His default one is awesome and probably the best looking outfit he has.

You should get the one with big shoulderpads. That's the best one

hamchan

I just clicked the email for the Advance Packs, saw the prices, literally LOL'd, and closed the tab.

?

They seem like very reasonable prices for what you're getting.

I'm not gonna buy them because I stopped buying season passes in general but I do believe Gaz can deliver on all that content at the rate they're working.

You should get the one with big shoulderpads. That's the best one

The cheap blue one? Those shoulder pads are a bit too much for me. The look is too EXTREME! :)
I thought about getting his classic blue and yellow outfit, as that is the Cable I am visually familiar with (from MvC2).
Also, I dont know how unusual it is, but I decided to stick with his combat roll for mobility, instead of the teleport. I did the same for Deadpool, but I notice most people prefer the teleport for these characters.

Crownjo

New stuff for 2014.

Doomsaw said:

Raids (3 biggies)

Cosmic Terminals

PVP Mode 1 Launch

PVP Mode 2 Launch

Danger Room

Completely revised, redesigned Limbo (unlimited dungeon mode)

Runewords

Team Up Heroes (Examples: Spider-Man, Bucky Barnes, Dum Dum Dugan, Toro and Bob, Agent of Hydra)

New Story Chapters

Competitive PVE Mode

Achievements

and more.

A new Limbo would be sweet.
I really miss that team element that Limbo gives, as I am too lazy to organize any in-game groups for a Group Challenge etc.

LuuKyK

What the hell, I thought they would send the key to the email, but you actually had to confirm to get the key. Shit. I feel dumb now. Oh well...

Gothos

Reading the Test Center feedback forum I get mixed feelings about tommorow's patch. Seems like DPS was indeed raised across the board but soooooo many people complain about defence nerfs. We'll see how it goes. Maybe Gaz finally tries to make this game a bit more challenging - hopefuly they won't overtune it in the other direction :)

hamchan

Reading the Test Center feedback forum I get mixed feelings about tommorow's patch. Seems like DPS was indeed raised across the board but soooooo many people complain about defence nerfs. We'll see how it goes. Maybe Gaz finally tries to make this game a bit more challenging - hopefuly they won't overtune it in the other direction :)

I personally prefer killing things faster than living longer. More risky but more rewarding, how I like it.

Eh game feels like a breeze already, wouldn't mind them putting back in a challenge. Find it hard to die anymore even with non defensive oriented character/builds. Also already felt deadly enough with many, going to be crazy how powerful we will be with the dps review.

Kinda think they are over doing it with the buffs, so perhaps some nerfing is good.

Vecks

Looks like the update is coming now. Server's about to go down for the patch. Pretty happy about this since I won't have time to play on the weekend. Hopefully there won't be any game-breaking bugs so I can get in a few hours tonight. I'm dying to play Ms. M. Got her to lvl 52 and hope to reach 60 soon.

Wallach

Surprised they are pushing today instead of tomorrow. They probably desperately need a weekend off, haha. Well, I was going to just level Iron Man today so I'm looking forward to getting my XP synergy bonus to speed that along.

Looks like Ten Ton Hammer gave MH their ARPG of the Year award.

Besides all the changes and ghost rider, is there any new content in this?

Yeah, there is a new public zone that is very large where you fight the siege back, there's an instanced Malekith fight, and the instanced Loki battle happens after that. Loki can cut you down pretty fast if you try to be cute.

KePoW

Banned
Eh game feels like a breeze already, wouldn't mind them putting back in a challenge. Find it hard to die anymore even with non defensive oriented character/builds. Also already felt deadly enough with many, going to be crazy how powerful we will be with the dps review.

Kinda think they are over doing it with the buffs, so perhaps some nerfing is good.

Agree 100%

Top Bottom