• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Patch Christmas came early, it's downloading as we speak. A whopping 3.3 GB though, holy crap.

Got my free Iron Man the other day, was already considering buying him after playing him on test, he's a ton of fun. Super happy about it. Missed the Loki giveaway but oh well.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've bought two random packs and they were Spidey and Scarlet, neither of whom I owned. I'm now on 14 characters and quitting while I'm ahead! Not terribly interested in most of the roster I don't own anyway, except Luke Cage maybe because he was fkkn beastly when I played him on test. And at some point maybe Loki and Gambit.

KePoW

Banned
I've bought two random packs and they were Spidey and Scarlet, neither of whom I owned. I'm now on 14 characters and quitting while I'm ahead! Not terribly interested in most of the roster I don't own anyway, except Luke Cage maybe because he was fkkn beastly when I played him on test. And at some point maybe Loki and Gambit.

Luke Cage is pretty awesome fun. Actually surprised me how I enjoyed playing him.

I only got to play with GR for an hour or so but my first impression is that he is quite a powerhouse. I got him to level 8 and I have yet to spend a single skill point. I do have gear giving me some bonuses but it isn't that much. Yellows go down with ease. I did die against Green Goblin but that was mainly due to experimenting; otherwise, I probably could have beat him before he flies away the first time.

so i haven't played in about a week or so, I guess GR is 600 splinters? I really don't like that. I hope not too many more are priced at 600, else it reminds me of Riot's "everyone is expensive" mentality in LoL after too long, where everyone just began launching at the maximum price point.

so i haven't played in about a week or so, I guess GR is 600 splinters? I really don't like that. I hope not too many more are priced at 600, else it reminds me of Riot's "everyone is expensive" mentality in LoL after too long, where everyone just began launching at the maximum price point.

Wouldn't worry about that happening. GR was priced high because of the new tech they had to make for him.

Ploid 3.0

Logged in, didn't know there was a patch. Now to find out if my Storm needs rethinking since they must have changed something important to give me a forced respec.

Edit: Wow they kinda changed storm's Crashing Hail and Turbulent Winds a lot. So one point into Turbulent winds, and it's weaker. Crashing Hail is now a wind power so I can probably drop gusting tempest as my wind proc. At least she does more damage.

Hes priced in splinters at 600, but to buy with cash, hes cheaper than the other 600 splinter heroes.

Lord Phol

Didn't end up getting the advance pack but I bought Ghost Rider with my Gs and damn he's fun, definetly lvl 60 and beyond material.

Also:

HOLIDAYBOOSTS

Insert this code to your marvel account for 200% 12h rarity find boost and 2 retcons.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wish I was able to hop on the free thor/loki codes from earlier. I'd totally jump back in this game if I was able to mess with a new character.

Gothos

That dodge nerf was brutal for my melee Spidey. Daradevil is also like a paper against mobs. I understand nerfs but what they did here is simply wrong, imho.

Apparently they took out the character animations for aura initiations.
People were complaining about Colossus missing his chest thumping animation and I noticed Cable was missing his, when I played last night.
I can no longer hold my rifle over my head to express my emotions and it sucks :mad:

Did someone invite you already? If not, post your in-game name or whisper me in-game (same as my GAF name) and I'll add you.

Hey sorry, are you able to invite me as well please. In-game: bunker

Thanks! I asked a couple of pages back but I only just saw the reply to my request. Can I ask if we accept clan members who aren't GAF members? My housemate would like to get in on the action. :)

Hey sorry, are you able to invite me as well please. In-game: bunker

Thanks! I asked a couple of pages back but I only just saw the reply to my request. Can I ask if we accept clan members who aren't GAF members? My housemate would like to get in on the action. :)

Sure, you guys on right now?

Ploid 3.0

I got Luke Cage on my first random hero splinter buy, loving him so far. I thought he would be pretty weak with a low melee range attack thing going on, but his range and damage seem even better than my Storm. Can't wait to get my next random.

Edit: Though his Dempsey Roll glitch, or whatever that causes him to not be able to combo after wiffing Dempsey Roll, really suck since I can't do another finisher until it decide to work again down the road.

I got Luke Cage on my first random hero splinter buy, loving him so far. I thought he would be pretty weak with a low melee range attack thing going on, but his range and damage seem even better than my Storm. Can't wait to get my next random.

Edit: Though his Dempsey Roll glitch, or whatever that causes him to not be able to combo after wiffing Dempsey Roll, really suck since I can't do another finisher until it decide to work again down the road.

Cage was Here is such a busted AoE ability now. Prior to the rework, it had to fully charge up to do just the base damage. Now, with a full charge, it does double the damage, and the damage was increased with the 2.1 update. He annihilates the entire screen with that single skill alone. Plus Dempsey Roll is basically the highest damage single target attack in the game.

Cage sounds interesting. I didnt pay much attention to him initially, because I thought he was another melee character who relied on summons... like Panther -One of my most boring characters.

Xevren

Cage is great, his summons are very strong and with his signature bringing them all out he's a monster. His damage on his own is fantastic as well. In a much better state compared to when he was at launch.

Just started playing this today. Seems kinda cool. They started me as Human Torch- don't recall choosing him. Do they just assign you a character?

Trying to make the 400 Splinters for Punisher, hopefully I'm not burned out on the game by then...

Wallach

Just started playing this today. Seems kinda cool. They started me as Human Torch- don't recall choosing him. Do they just assign you a character?

Trying to make the 400 Splinters for Punisher, hopefully I'm not burned out on the game by then...

No, you should have had the opportunity to pick your character at the start.

You might just want to create a new account; Punisher is one of the heroes you can choose as a starter hero.

Ploid 3.0

Cage was Here is such a busted AoE ability now. Prior to the rework, it had to fully charge up to do just the base damage. Now, with a full charge, it does double the damage, and the damage was increased with the 2.1 update. He annihilates the entire screen with that single skill alone. Plus Dempsey Roll is basically the highest damage single target attack in the game.

Cage is great, his summons are very strong and with his signature bringing them all out he's a monster. His damage on his own is fantastic as well. In a much better state compared to when he was at launch.

Cage sounds interesting. I didnt pay much attention to him initially, because I thought he was another melee character who relied on summons... like Panther -One of my most boring characters.

Wow, sounds like I got stupidly lucky with Cage. Still loving him, even with Dempsey glitch.

No, you should have had the opportunity to pick your character at the start.

You might just want to create a new account; Punisher is one of the heroes you can choose as a starter hero.

Thanks, did just that! I think I missed the character select screen the first time I played, and accidentally picked Torch. New account, now I'm Punisher. Fun to play an ARPG with machine guns and rocket launchers!

Wallach

Thanks, did just that! I think I missed the character select screen the first time I played, and accidentally picked Torch. New account, now I'm Punisher. Fun to play an ARPG with machine guns and rocket launchers!

Punisher's one of my most played heroes. He got a significant boost in damage scaling with this patch; those rockets are a serious powerhouse now if you decide to keep investing into it. Plus his new unique for slot 5 makes it even more fun to use, randomly detonating a screen-wide nuke that applies a burn to everything it hits.

He's not a character with a lot of finesse, but he's one of my favorites when I want a straightforward hero to just blow stuff up on for a while. Which in this kind of game is fairly often.

Top Bottom