• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

There's a poll (a choice between 4 heroes) of the one you'd like to see most in 2014:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/49547/heroes-for-2014-vote-here

It's between Blade, Rogue, Mr. Fantastic and War Machine. If you'd like one of them to make it through might as well vote now.

The current roadmap is still Ghost Rider, Nightcrawler, Nova, Dr. Strange, Moon Knight, etc. but I'm guessing they won't have time to add these 4 in 2014 and they wanted to prioritize one. I picked Blade, although Rogue would be great as well.

Well that was fast, War Machine has already been bumped to 2015 in the release schedule because of that poll (along with Beast, Magik, and Invisible Woman).

inky

No Magik, what?! Fuck that, I take my vote back.

You know what is worse? Iceman isn't even on the 2014 or 2015 list. Like, WTF... why is Juggernaut even ahead any of them.

They seem to be taking their time with Psylocke, especially considering how highly she ranked in a poll, a while back.
I really want Domino and Gamora, personally.
I dont really know anything about Domino, just that she uses guns and looks cool.

KePoW

Banned
They seem to be taking their time with Psylocke, especially considering how highly she ranked in a poll, a while back.
I really want Domino and Gamora, personally.
I dont really know anything about Domino, just that she uses guns and looks cool.

Good choices. I believe Gamora is planned to come out around the time GotG movie releases in theaters.

GManDH

i dont care what anyone says Blade would be awesome. Good. i got 3 of the same unique for a toon. Finally something i can do.

There's a poll (a choice between 4 heroes) of the one you'd like to see most in 2014:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/49547/heroes-for-2014-vote-here

It's between Blade, Rogue, Mr. Fantastic and War Machine. If you'd like one of them to make it through might as well vote now.

I know Rogue's obviously gonna win cause she's an X-Men character, and obviously getting a Ms. Marvel clone with drain powers instead of energy projection from the X-Men is more important than getting non-X-Men characters that would offer something entirely new to the game such as Mr. Fantastic. :p

Domino is literally the only Rob Liefeld creation I don't think is complete and utter ass. She has luck manipulation powers and is fairly basic infiltrator-esque like Widow etc. otherwise.

Good choices. I believe Gamora is planned to come out around the time GotG movie releases in theaters.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that movie. I wonder if Groot could become a seperate character?

Domino is literally the only Rob Liefeld creation I don't think is complete and utter ass. She has luck manipulation powers and is fairly basic infiltrator-esque like Widow etc. otherwise.

Didnt Liefeld create Deadpool and Cable?
I can see Deadpool over-saturation getting on peoples nerves but I always loved Cable. He seemed so much cooler than the older characters in MvC2, when I first played it.

Didnt Liefeld create Deadpool and Cable?
I can see Deadpool over-saturation getting on peoples nerves but I always loved Cable. He seemed so much cooler than the older characters in MvC2, when I first played it.

Yes, he did. Though Deadpool developed entirely different from his initial appearance.
Really not a big fan of Deadpool's "humor" - I find it mostly annoying than entertaining.

As for Cable, he's the ultimate Mary-Sue - he's a gruff veteran soldier from the future with super amazing technology, TO virus (which means superhuman strength, durability, healing power, and complete control over any form of tech), telepathic/telekinetic powers, a dark backstory and a ridiculous 90s stereotype design. I'm surprised he didn't also have swords and can shoot laser beams from his eyes.
I just find characters that have more superpowers than they can count a bit... well... boring.

LuuKyK

I would vote for Rogue in that pool, but I am just too lazy to log in now.

Well that was fast, War Machine has already been bumped to 2015 in the release schedule because of that poll (along with Beast, Magik, and Invisible Woman).

Really? How do you know?

nooooooooooooooooooo.jpeg

Oh well, as long as I get my Psylocke I am fine.

Gothos

Some news from Doomsaw:
  • Ghost Rider release date is 12/20 (could change if major bugs found). Testing starting tomorrow in whitelist mode.
  • Nightcrawler release date is last week of January, 2014.
  • Still TBD on hero for February, but likely Moon Knight or Dr. Strange.
  • For Nova, if there is a Richard Rider enhanced costume at launch, ultimate pack owners will definitely get it. (This is still up in the air for extremely complex reasons, but Nova is coming out regardless in 2014).
  • We've seen early work on the Guardians movie and Star Lord is such a badturkey that we will definitely be releasing him with the Guardians of the Galaxy movie in 2014.
  • Ant Man will likely be released with his movie in 2015. (Unless we determine that he's not fun enough from a design standpoint, which is unlikely)
  • Every hero is getting a mini-review in the 12/20 Ghost Rider patch, with a ton of DPS changes and quality of life changes. It will be very significant for a lot of heroes.

inky

I'm still salty as fuck that Dick Rider is not going to be the default.

Enhanced costume probably means his pack is going to be $25-$30 at the very least. Ugh.

KePoW

Banned
What exactly is the complex circumstances with releasing Nova? I don't know anything about the character or comic, so what's the deal?

What exactly is the complex circumstances with releasing Nova? I don't know anything about the character or comic, so what's the deal?

The Nova everyone wants is "dead" and has been replaced with a new kid. Fans hate the new Nova but Marvel wants to push and promote the new one because of the current ongoing series. Gaz is waiting to release Nova in hopes of Marvel allowing them to use Richard Rider, the old Nova people love, in some form. I also think Marvel wants the new Nova to develop or something so that he will be properly depicted in this game.

KePoW

Banned
The Nova everyone wants is "dead" and has been replaced with a new kid. Fans hate the new Nova but Marvel wants to push and promote the new one because of the current ongoing series. Gaz is waiting to release Nova in hopes of Marvel allowing them to use Richard Rider, the old Nova people love, in some form. I also think Marvel wants the new Nova to develop or something so that he will be properly depicted in this game.

Ohh that's interesting. But I thought Gaz said they have the rights to use any Marvel character in this game?

Ohh that's interesting. But I thought Gaz said they have the rights to use any Marvel character in this game?

They can as long as marvel approves it, but what the issue is that they have to use the new shitty Nova as default. Dick Rider would be an alternate costume probably, like superior spiderman. People will have to pay double to get the nova they want.

Gothos

Hulkbuster costume:
0txcV07.png

Cable Techno-Organic:
jLxc65Y.png

Cyclops All-New:
VxJl9ZS.png

Squirrel Girl Xmas:
OFtgNuP.png

Hulkbuster costume...

Hulkbuster - Looks amazing. Not really an IM player, so I cant justify the pricetag. Still, cant wait to see other people wearing it.

Cable - I have been considering buying a Cable outfit. This looks... interesting, but I think I will buy his classic x-men outfit instead.

Cyclops - Do not like. Looks a tad generic... with a receding hairline?

Squirrel Girl - Cute, but not for me.

inky

Wow, I think I don't like any of them.

Cable's is fine, until you realize it will never look like that in-game. I wish there were high quality character model/textures packs one could download for higher tier machines. Not that mine is spectacular, but they are leaving a lot of detail on the table for some of them, which is a damn shame.

LuuKyK

They really aren't even trying with Squirrel Girl. :lol Thats basically her normal outfit with some random Santa outfits over it.

Hulkbuster is pretty badass, but Iron Man already has a billion costumes, so eh.
The other ones I'm not a big fan of - the Cyclops one looks ridiculous (although I like the color scheme).

Wallach

I believe that's actually an accurate costume depiction from a comic book, like Wallach said.

It's not exactly, but the one they are riffing off is actually a lot more like her default costume, but with the bells on her waist, a red nose and fake reindeer antlers.

I like that Cable costume, I'll probably grab that. Hulkbuster and SG's costume are cool, but not must haves for me. Cyke looks terrible lol. I really like Jean's All-New costume though so hopefully that gets added soon.

Ghost Rider's (initial round) power list for those who want to speculate:

sdpcsmV.png

KePoW

Banned
Ghost Rider's (initial round) power list for those who want to speculate:

sdpcsmV.png

I never really follow anything with the Test Center or upcoming heroes... so have they said if GR is going to be on his motorcycle the whole time? Or will he normally be walking around?

Wallach

I never really follow anything with the Test Center or upcoming heroes... so have they said if GR is going to be on his motorcycle the whole time? Or will he normally be walking around?

The bike will just be a movement power, he'll be on foot to fight.

LuuKyK

Talking about the Test Center... How comes every time I reboot it, it needs to re-install everything? Wtf, this is extremely annoying.

Nice! Old Lace also is a super adorable pet. :)

I'm still missing regular HERBIE, but I've already spent enough on fortune cards for golden Ultron and Vision, heh.

Vecks

Oh wow, got a pet drop. I didn't even remember these could drop. Pretty cool.

Ro2HIWg.png

O_O I didn't know pets could drop. I got that same pet from a fortune card. In most cash shop games I've played, things like pets were never available as drops, so I never even considered it as possible.

I kind of want to get back into this game. I have a 37 Phoenix. Last time I was on we were grinding the terminals that ran every 15 min or so (I forgot what they were called). Either I'm looking in the wrong place or they are called something else now. What is the most efficient way to grind XP/Loot these days?

KePoW

Banned
I kind of want to get back into this game. I have a 37 Phoenix. Last time I was on we were grinding the terminals that ran every 15 min or so (I forgot what they were called). Either I'm looking in the wrong place or they are called something else now. What is the most efficient way to grind XP/Loot these days?

Best way for XP now is Legendary quests by far.

What you are referring to was "Limbo"... that has been completely replaced by Midtown Patrol, which is pretty good for XP and to mix things up. You can do enter this solo anytime now, starting even from level 1.

There is also a group PVE mode called X-Mansion defense, which is also decent XP but requires a group.

Then there's still Green/Red terminal boss runs.

LuuKyK

So, I just reached level 30 with Storm. What should I do next? I never finished the story beyond the first difficulty. I am just doing the legendary quests. Should I try other story difficulty levels? I mean, is it really worth it?

So, I just reached level 30 with Storm. What should I do next? I never finished the story beyond the first difficulty. I am just doing the legendary quests. Should I try other story difficulty levels? I mean, is it really worth it?

It's worth it for the rewards (bonus health/spirit/power points/retcons/etc.). As you keep doing legendary quests, you'll unlock waypoints to all the chapters which you can use to skip around to the specific quests that give you said rewards. No real point to doing the other difficulties if you don't mind farming elsewhere though.

Best way for XP now is Legendary quests by far.

What you are referring to was "Limbo"... that has been completely replaced by Midtown Patrol, which is pretty good for XP and to mix things up. You can do enter this solo anytime now, starting even from level 1.

There is also a group PVE mode called X-Mansion defense, which is also decent XP but requires a group.

Then there's still Green/Red terminal boss runs.

Thank you for this. And yes it was called Limbo! I was going crazy not being able to remember it off the top of my head.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is the GAF Supergroup accepting applications? I've been playing this game for a while but haven't found a good SG yet. Surprisingly, random invited out of nowhere tend not to be from good SGs! My name in-game is the same as here.

Is the GAF Supergroup accepting applications? I've been playing this game for a while but haven't found a good SG yet. Surprisingly, random invited out of nowhere tend not to be from good SGs! My name in-game is the same as here.

Are you on right now? I'll be on for a little bit, so if you are I'll shoot you an invite.

Is he up on Test Center already?

That's a negative ghost rider.
Sorry couldn't resist :p
Probably end of this week.

Edit: Damn you Wallach!!!

Top Bottom