• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Punisher's one of my most played heroes. He got a significant boost in damage scaling with this patch; those rockets are a serious powerhouse now if you decide to keep investing into it. Plus his new unique for slot 5 makes it even more fun to use, randomly detonating a screen-wide nuke that applies a burn to everything it hits.

He's not a character with a lot of finesse, but he's one of my favorites when I want a straightforward hero to just blow stuff up on for a while. Which in this kind of game is fairly often.

Yeah I've got him up to level 10 now and I dig the way he plays a lot. Rockets are great

Punisher is awesome. Last night I was playing someone less than awesome -Hawkeye.
I got his Old Man Logan costume last week when I traded in 3 other costumes. Initially, I was disappointed, but just realized last night how expensive it was (1250g in the store!), which made me happy because I figured it would be more rarely seen in game.
I havent played him in a loooong time (since before Midtown came out), but after just coming off a Cable stint, Hawkeye seems so bad in comparison. He is slow, cant take a hit and seems to have a very low DPS. I was using his triple-arrow as his basic attack but it does no damage, so I went back to his single arrow shot, for a basic attack instead.
At least he has the coolest "showoff" emote in the game (fireworks!).

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Just started playing and got Human Torch, got Spidey on my first random hero box, might save up for Hulk or Iron Man next.

Does +power duration from items work with Flame On skill?

I had no idea either. I have every character except Loki and Gambit, so I haven't been keeping up.

Hey I see you're active in the SWTOR thread a lot... do you think that game is better or MH?

Well SWTOR is much more a traditional WoW like MMO. I don't play it much anymore but still dabble in it for the storyline stuff as I still trying to do all 8 stories to completion. As a f2p title, it's not that great since you have lot of restrictions placed on it, it's a decent MMO if your willing to pay the sub though, they greatly improved the game since launch and fixed many of it's issues.

But MH is a whole different category of game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just started playing and got Human Torch, got Spidey on my first random hero box, might save up for Hulk or Iron Man next.

I just bit the bullet and made a new account since my old one doesn't really have anything I'll be sorry to lose. Probably start with Torch or maybe Black Panther and see how I like it.

Vecks

I don't have torch, but in general I think if the tooltip mentions any length of duration it should affect it. The only exception would probably be summon duration because that has its own thing.

Blank!

Anyone have a Pym's Shrinking, Adv Kadavus, Adv Meta Sensory's to trade? I own practically every other artifact other than these, don't really care about the rolls.

Also, if anyone needs some 'starter' artifacts, I have a stash full of regular vita rays, scrolls of pama, and regular starstone tooths. I'm Blankosaurus in game and also in the SG.

Vecks

Anyone have a Pym's Shrinking, Adv Kadavus, Adv Meta Sensory's to trade? I own practically every other artifact other than these, don't really care about the rolls.

Also, if anyone needs some 'starter' artifacts, I have a stash full of regular vita rays, scrolls of pama, and regular starstone tooths. I'm Blankosaurus in game and also in the SG.

I've still haven't found a shrinking, but I think I have an adv meta sensory. I'll check.
EDIT: Yeah, I got one.

Wallach

The code HULKLOVESHOLIDAYS will add the Santa Hulk costume to your account.

There's also a 25% off sale on all heroes except Ghost Rider, and chase costumes are available again until the 30th.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
played this for over 100 hours back on release (across a few characters, never got to max level but have a 44 Rocket and a 35 Cyke for example) and really enjoyed it, but the limbo grind and the complete lack of luck with hero drops (I got 1 in 130 hours and it was...cyclops, which I had bought with real money >_>) got to me and I stopped.

I keep hearing that its improved lately so I redownloaded it yesterday and played for about an hour. Some stuff that jumped to me, and some questions too:

-Rocket being able to use multiple of the same turret is amazing and 1 step closer to my ideal action rpg character of 1 dude with a bunch of minions

-Asgard looks cool, I like that they actually added a chapter to the story

-I see red terminals dont need a special item to enter now, and you seem to be able to enter from the teleport pads now too?

-also red terminals seem quite nerfed, I ripped through 2 of them solo (the asgard one and the subway one) easily

-I keep reading that eternity splinters (is that the name?) drop rate is good but I only got 1 from a random mob in the hour or so I played (2 terminals and 1 chapter in heroic difficulty). Thats...not great, consider heroes cost 400 and 600 o_O I think there is a random hero for 150(?), which is probably what i would end up using.

-human torch is a starter hero now? Well thats kinda lame for early adopters :( I know I can just make a new account, but I like to have all on the same (especially since I already spent money on mine)

-tons of new graphics options, but the game seems to look and run about the same for me (maxed out) so /shrug?

So I still enjoy it, but as someone whos main joy out of it is leveling characters and getting their new spells and whatnot, the new splinter system seems no better than the old hero drops, still seems incredibly grindy (i might be completely wrong of course). If there is a good way to farm splinters let me know :)

I also noticed I have some Gs somehow, I dont remember having any left over. So I have 650g, I might get like 500 more and get a hero, is there any "pet classes" besides Rocket? I mean with permanent pets (well, at least pets that dont last like 10 seconds), I think Black Panther is one, but I prefer ranged characters. Thanks guys.

PS: oh is there a Gaf guild if I decide to get back into it proper?

-Rocket being able to use multiple of the same turret is amazing and 1 step closer to my ideal action rpg character of 1 dude with a bunch of minions

I bought Rocket a couple of days ago after seeing a build that looks to be right up your alley.

Check this out.

It basically as many summons as possible while exploiting the Groot insignia. Check out how many mini-groots spawn during the Doom battle. Reminded me of my Torchlight summoner.

Also, yes there is an active GAF supergroup but I don't know who to bug for an invite.

Hey guys, my brother has encountered a bug of sorts and is unable to complete the tutorial. Green Goblin is not present in the final battle of the tutorial at the Raft and he cannot progress further. We have tried logging out to no avail.

Vecks

-I keep reading that eternity splinters (is that the name?) drop rate is good but I only got 1 from a random mob in the hour or so I played (2 terminals and 1 chapter in heroic difficulty). Thats...not great, consider heroes cost 400 and 600 o_O I think there is a random hero for 150(?), which is probably what i would end up using.

1 in an hour? It's supposed to be about 1 every 5 minutes. Well, you can do things to speed up the process. First of all, I think they improved the importance of SIF in the drop rate, so it might be good to get a SIF costume core. Also, if you open treasure chests (the big ones in the small instances), kill doop, or beat a groups of bosses, like in midtown or X-Def, it'll have a high chance of dropping I think.

Hey guys, my brother has encountered a bug of sorts and is unable to complete the tutorial. Green Goblin is not present in the final battle of the tutorial at the Raft and he cannot progress further. We have tried logging out to no avail.

If you guys aren't playing on the same pc, you can try to party up, and pull him to the normal avenger's tower waypoint in order to progress.

KePoW

Banned
I keep reading that eternity splinters (is that the name?) drop rate is good but I only got 1 from a random mob in the hour or so I played (2 terminals and 1 chapter in heroic difficulty). Thats...not great, consider heroes cost 400 and 600 o_O I think there is a random hero for 150(?), which is probably what i would end up using

If you were fighting for one straight hour, then you should have gotten a lot more than 1 splinter.

It's typically one every 6 to 8 minutes, so make sure you have your loot toggle on. Also check the edges of your screen for a splinter icon, because the game will show you if you missed one.

KePoW

Banned

What exactly does his Quest Tracker say?

Blank!

I have some advanced meta's as well. I'll be on later tonight to check if I have the other stuff.

Cool, what are you looking for them?

Played for ~2 hours this morning and got 4 (!) uniques. Wolverine's commander unique, Spiderman's spiderbots/mask of kane, and a duplicate Scarlet Witch nexus binding. Was pretty crazy... the Spiderman uniques dropped within 3 minutes of each other (the Elf raid boss before loki and a trash mob).

inky

Well, this is actually impossible. Eternity Splinters are programmed in a way that if you haven't got 1 after ~8 minutes of combat you will always get one no mater what. It is a guaranteed drop. Maybe you missed some or didn't check (there's an arrow that points you to it should you miss one) You should usually get them faster than that. The only farming method I can think of is using lots of special item find, be in a full party and do things like Midtown or X-Defense.

I don't like the system, but it is what it is. I think I can get enough for a new hero in about a week or less which is fine for me but it is certainly slow and unexciting overall. Random boxes are good if you own only a small portion of the heroes, because you can (and often will) get repeats.

Damn you no sale on ghost rider!!!

Well, 25% off is barely a sale anyway :p Why is he 1100 Gs anyway? Didn't they just retire that price point not a month ago? So they want to make him top tier... but not. Ugh.

Things they'll probably do if things keep going on like that (read, copying LoL):

*New heroes will have a higher ES price for the week of release so that people who pay real $$$ don't get upset by seeing so many of them,

*Releasing something, then realizing it would've probably sold at a higher price point. Obviously the only solution is to rearrange all prices again and make some stuff more expensive.

*Every new hero is released at the highest price point because we are awesome and we keep outdoing ourselves. No new hero will ever released at the lowest price point, that's for sure.

Anyway, something I will always be wary of about this company is their money-making practices. I can't say with an honest face that the new advanced pack isn't tempting, but I just ordered a 3DS XL (the golden one :D), a few games and a new TV for Christmas so I will pass. With that money I could get 2x 3DS games + Diablo 3 expansion, so I don't really feel it is worth it, especially when it is padded with Fortune Cards, which I seriously despise.

Complaints aside, Merry Christmas guys! (or whatever else you celebrate) I wish you all the best and happiness and all that important stuff. =D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, this is actually impossible. Eternity Splinters are programmed in a way that if you haven't got 1 after ~8 minutes of combat you will always get one no mater what. It is a guaranteed drop. Maybe you missed some or didn't check (there's an arrow that points you to it should you miss one) You should usually get them faster than that. The only farming method I can think of is using lots of special item find, be in a full party and do things like Midtown or X-Defense.

I don't like the system, but it is what it is. I think I can get enough for a new hero in about a week or less which is fine for me but it is certainly slow and unexciting overall. Random boxes are good if you own only a small portion of the heroes, because you can (and often will) get repeats.

I had 10 splinters from the conversion from the old keys, now I have 11. Like I said, I did 2 red terminals and 1 chapter of heroic difficulty (one of the erlier ones, when I stopped there was no heroic difficulty). I dont think I missed any because Im super paranoid with that, but I guess I did? Or im just that unlucky :)

And I only have rocket, Cyke, Scarlet, Storm and Hawkeye so I would probably get the random hero thing yeah

Gothos

Crap, I reached lvl60 with Spidey two days ago and since then I have no motivation to play MH :D Maybe I just need some break and hopefuly the 52 rework of Hawkeye will be a beast - I want to level up some good range hero :)

Xevren

Cool, what are you looking for them?

Played for ~2 hours this morning and got 4 (!) uniques. Wolverine's commander unique, Spiderman's spiderbots/mask of kane, and a duplicate Scarlet Witch nexus binding. Was pretty crazy... the Spiderman uniques dropped within 3 minutes of each other (the Elf raid boss before loki and a trash mob).

Not really looking for anything, I'll give you whichever one has the highest rolls. Probably won't be on until later tonight though. 10'ish or so central time.

mubblegum

Neo Member
I tried searching online but I wondered how much Rocket is? (and if he's on sale currently). I can't install the game at the moment so that's why I'm asking. Thanks!

Vecks

I'm so glad they allowed the dropping of unstable molecules out of the terminals. Got a few already. I could never find them before because I don't like running terminals.

Blank!

Yeah I really wish it had some smaller increments so this wasn't an issue.

Pretty common practice now-a-days to never let you really achieve a 0 dollar balance (or be just a little short). Keeps people buying stuff.

I've had 1 unstable drop since 2.0 in midtown. I've got like 9 (dupe bug woo) but I'm too afraid to actually use them for much of anything.

KePoW

Banned
I had 10 splinters from the conversion from the old keys, now I have 11. Like I said, I did 2 red terminals and 1 chapter of heroic difficulty (one of the erlier ones, when I stopped there was no heroic difficulty). I dont think I missed any because Im super paranoid with that, but I guess I did? Or im just that unlucky :)

Were you at any point fighting gray enemies? If so, grays don't drop splinters.

Otherwise like we've all said, the game is coded to give you a minimum of one splinter every 8 minutes. Has nothing to do with luck.

So you either missed looting them, or you were fighting gray enemies.

Anyone need some Retcons? :p

sok9.png

My precious stash space :(

Rhaknar

Were you at any point fighting gray enemies? If so, grays don't drop splinters.

Otherwise like we've all said, the game is coded to give you a minimum of one splinter every 8 minutes. Has nothing to do with luck.

So you either missed looting them, or you were fighting gray enemies.

Now that I think about it I was getting 1xp half the time from mobs so I guess those were gray, I didn't think about that. Cheers dude

Don't listen to them. Random box is awesome. It only becomes bad when you've got more than 15 heroes. Then your chances are getting screwed increase from there. If you've got less, it's a really good way to up your hero roster.

Rhaknar

The random box is fantastic if you don't care who you play as.

I don't care and I only have 5 heroes, I'm excited for my first box. I assume these boxes are with splinters only (as opposed to Gs)?

Xevren

Random boxes are the devil. Only once have I gotten a new hero. Just saving from here on out. Just isn't worth the frustration of getting dupes.

I felt like reallocating my powers for Punisher, as I found I was only using a couple of his active skills. So I took my hard-earned splinters that I was saving up for a random character, and bought a Retcon.

Reallocated my skills, then about 20 minutes later got a retcon from a story mission. Whoops!

Top Bottom