• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Wallach

I felt like reallocating my powers for Punisher, as I found I was only using a couple of his active skills. So I took my hard-earned splinters that I was saving up for a random character, and bought a Retcon.

Reallocated my skills, then about 20 minutes later got a retcon from a story mission. Whoops!

Yeah, you will probably never need to buy a Retcon with Gs or ES; you can get 1 from each story difficulty on each hero, as regular drops, or as a reward from Fortune Cards.

Blank!

Yeah, you will probably never need to buy a Retcon with Gs or ES; you can get 1 from each story difficulty on each hero, as regular drops, or as a reward from Fortune Cards.

Are they tradable? I have around 40 I could probably manage to part with a few too.

So I'm going to buy myself a few characters, but I'm not sure how to narrow it down.

I think ghost rider is a given, but if you could only choose two between: Cable, Cyclops, Emma, and Squirrel Girl, who would you pick?

Xevren

I got a unique from my asgard daily chest, not complaining. Loki has been a lot of fun. Kind of avoiding the summoning tree just because of all the other characters I've played lately have all been pet classes. That and my love of all things ice effects.

Wallach

I got a unique from my asgard daily chest, not complaining. Loki has been a lot of fun. Kind of avoiding the summoning tree just because of all the other characters I've played lately have all been pet classes. That and my love of all things ice effects.

I'm still pushing to get some buffs for Loki's Jotunheim tree even though I'm not really playing him anymore. It's a fun tree but the DPS is pretty bad still. Hopefully some stuff should happen soon-ish.

Ploid 3.0

I like how all these Marvel games are making me want to learn about the characters and wish I knew about them earlier or read comics. I randomed Ms. Marvel then started looking into the character, and I came across a Ms. Marvel vs Rogue youtube vid which had a character called Illiana with some evil looking powers. Now I'm looking into Illiana and wondering how in the world she ended up as a Xmen, as I watch a Xmen Legends gameplay video where Professor X, Gene, and Emma Frost trying to save Illiana, a mutant with no psychic powers, from the astral plane.

RPGs are perfect for Marvel characters, and I want more of them. And to think I have no idea what the story in this game is about as I skip it usually. I kinda know but it seem like standard set pieces than a true story.

Xevren

I like how all these Marvel games are making me want to learn about the characters and wish I knew about them earlier or read comics. I randomed Ms. Marvel then started looking into the character, and I came across a Ms. Marvel vs Rogue youtube vid which had a character called Illiana with some evil looking powers. Now I'm looking into Illiana and wondering how in the world she ended up as a Xmen, as I watch a Xmen Legends gameplay video where Professor X, Gene, and Emma Frost trying to save Illiana, a mutant with no psychic powers, from the astral plane.

RPGs are perfect for Marvel characters, and I want more of them. And to think I have no idea what the story in this game is about as I skip it usually. I kinda know but it seem like standard set pieces than a true story.

Illyana is Magik. She's an actual NPC in game at the Xmen Mansion. Think she's coming as a playable character but not until way later.

They have some great action rpg's for Marvel in the Xmen Legends games on PS2 and the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games that were on the 360 (and others probably) too.

KePoW

Banned

Yeah totally, it really made me look into and explore reading Marvel comics. Marvel has a lot more interesting female characters in their world compared to DC.

Ploid 3.0

I remember talking to her now, I just didn't know her character, like some of the Shield agents. Cool stuff. If they make her available as a playable character that would be pretty interesting.

Screen shot

Yeah, Ilyana is Magik, the sister of Colossus. Both of them are descendants of Rasputin (hence their family name is, in fact, Rasputin).

Magik's mutant power is teleportation, and she used to live and rule over Limbo, a part of Marvel's hell.

Ploid 3.0

I'm now thinking about just dumping money into this game (storage tabs, craft tabs, character storage, maybe snipe a character that I probably can't wait on).

I just found out about the synergy stuff, and now I really want more characters. I saw a guy on youtube explaining it with all characters unlocked and nearly all of them with the first synergy level unlocked.

Vecks

I didn't think people bought crafting storage. It just seems too limited to me.

Anyway, been doing a lot more x-defense now. But some of these waves are ridiculous, especially after wave 10. The ones with the mindless ones and frost giants are the worst. They just plow right through the students. CC doesn't help much at all.

I'm now thinking about just dumping money into this game (storage tabs, craft tabs, character storage, maybe snipe a character that I probably can't wait on).

I just found out about the synergy stuff, and now I really want more characters. I saw a guy on youtube explaining it with all characters unlocked and nearly all of them with the first synergy level unlocked.

You might want to consider the Advance Pack then, imo. For 125$/100€ you'll get the next 12 characters + their release alt costumes + storage tabs, and of course the fortune cards and other boosts you'll get are pretty awesome. And if you buy it before the end of the year, you'll get all that stuff for Ghost Rider too.

Not regretting putting down the 200$ for the ultimate pack back then, but I think this one might be an even better deal.

Oh and there's the cheaper one too.

Xevren

Really enjoying Human Torch, though his powers that involve taking the flame away or whatever just don't seem all that. Sometimes I'll get a crap ton of spirit, or nothing at all. Maybe I'm just messing it up or something I don't know.

Blank!

wooo loki from a random box. Wanted him for the synergy :) Was planning on doing summoner loki for no other reason than unloading the truck load of clay/raptor stone/regalia I have lying around but then read his illusions were nerfed pretty hard. That made me sad.

I also have Emma, Squirrel Girl, and Raccoon but not sure if either of them can be played full summoner. I really just want to unload the clay lol.

Xevren

wooo loki from a random box. Wanted him for the synergy :) Was planning on doing summoner loki for no other reason than unloading the truck load of clay/raptor stone/regalia I have lying around but then read his illusions were nerfed pretty hard. That made me sad.

I also have Emma, Squirrel Girl, and Raccoon but not sure if either of them can be played full summoner. I really just want to unload the clay lol.

You can definitely go full summoner on RR, the buffs to his turrets are pretty nuts. Groot has always been amazing as well. Still think he's kind of a boring character to play as outside his turrets though.

You can definitely go full summoner on RR, the buffs to his turrets are pretty nuts. Groot has always been amazing as well. Still think he's kind of a boring character to play as outside his turrets though.

Big Flarkin' Gun is thoroughly satisfying. That's about it from the non-summon side of things, though.

Ploid 3.0

Dang the first 100, I was way too late I'm sure. Especially if it was on the forums. I hope there are more givaways and stuff like this for the game. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for it.

I got Rocket Raccoon yesterday when I bought my G points. I paid for the 2100 points and they gave me about 3600, must have been some deal going on or something. I bought a lot of storage, then a craft storage and Raccoon. I thought about buying the Holographic Crafter, but people say it become useless after you hit level 20, even with it giving you access to your safe.

KePoW

Banned
I got Rocket Raccoon yesterday when I bought my G points. I paid for the 2100 points and they gave me about 3600, must have been some deal going on or something. I bought a lot of storage, then a craft storage and Raccoon. I thought about buying the Holographic Crafter, but people say it become useless after you hit level 20, even with it giving you access to your safe.

Do not buy the Holographic Crafter, it is a complete waste of money.

Widows timed explosives now seem like complete garbage.
She only drops one piece of C4 (instead of three) and so the explosion radius has been drastically reduced because of it. Critical blast damage isnt guaranteed like it used to be either.
She isnt fun now.

Xevren

Anyone want an Advanced Super Soldier serum or advanced latverian regalia? For whatever reason I got some of these today and I'm pretty much out of space, would rather give them to someone then just sell them.

I like Thing a lot. He's my only hero and am up to lvl 38 now. I just respecced to Ground Slam and Fantastic Haymaker and Crashing Leap as three main attacks. Ground Slam is so great. I have some critical rating/damage mods on my gear (Edge of Infinity artifact + a couple other things) so I went with Haymaker. Crashing Leap is just fun to use and does good damage. Sucks about the cooldown they added but I guess it was OP without it. Leap is kinda redundant with Ground Slam so maybe I'll respec and try something else instead of Leap.

Powers I have max points allowed up to my lvl into:

Left click - haymaker
Right click - ground slam
Aggressive Aura
Clobbering Time
Crashing Leap

Got a couple in the defense passives but nothing maxed.

On another note, if anyone has read this far can you tell me which of these heroes is the most FUN to play? meaning don't get boring and repetitive too fast

Gambit
Squirrel Girl
Ms. Marvel
Rocket Raccoon
Emma Frost

thanks

KePoW

Banned
On another note, if anyone has read this far can you tell me which of these heroes is the most FUN to play? meaning don't get boring and repetitive too fast

Gambit
Squirrel Girl
Ms. Marvel
Rocket Raccoon
Emma Frost

I have all of those except Gambit.

Ms Marvel is the most fun by far. Rocket Raccoon would be second.

KePoW

Banned
Widows timed explosives now seem like complete garbage.
She only drops one piece of C4 (instead of three) and so the explosion radius has been drastically reduced because of it. Critical blast damage isnt guaranteed like it used to be either.
She isnt fun now.

C4 got nerfed for sure.

*BUT*... rolling grenades and flash grenade got big damage buffs. Try those out instead, I'm having good results at level 50.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Wanted Hulk on my random and I got him : )

Level 29 and he's so fun to play.

My characters so far in order:

Human Torch (first), Spiderman, Storm, Hulk

Ploid 3.0

C4 got nerfed for sure.

*BUT*... rolling grenades and flash grenade got big damage buffs. Try those out instead, I'm having good results at level 50.

I got Widow yesterday and rolling grenades are so awesome. Using them a lot I got very used to positioning myself to be in a good spot even if things was in my face by rolling back and throw, or they better pray I'm not near a wall or they aren't near one. It's fun to use the rolling grenades, and they are so strong.

Gambit
Squirrel Girl
Ms. Marvel
Rocket Raccoon
Emma Frost

I haven't played a lot of Emma or Squirrel Girl, but I think the other 3 are all pretty fun. I couldn't rank them specifically, though I think I enjoy Ms. Marvel the most out of the three.

I guess I'll spec for rolling grenades on Widow, since I just prestige'd her.
Ive been playing Emma all night and she seems more powerful than she was before (at least how with I play her - no melee).
Kneel Before Me does uber-damage now. Its great.

DirtyLary

Beginner question.

Just fired up the game and I'm flying around as the Human Torch.
The 1st post says there are starter characters to choose from. So whats going on? Did the game auto choose for me?

Vecks

Beginner question.

The 1st post says there are starter characters to choose from. So whats going on? Did the game auto choose for me?

You might have just missed the selection screen? Some people have done that before.

KePoW

Banned
Beginner question.

You should have been able to pick from a few choices at first.

Ploid 3.0

I didn't expect to like this game so much. I just hope the lag stuff gets ironed out like with Midtown Madness, things are just pretty bad no matter what setting I have the game on. Even if I have things on high the game still don't use up much resources on my cpu and gpu and still lag outside of MM like situations.

This is the perfect game for me. So many different characters to level up, gear everywhere, builds, stats, etc. A few weeks ago I played FFXIV just to level the different jobs in it near cap for fun. Now I'm here and learning about the world of Marvel more than I ever have.

Side note, screw another Marvel vs Capcom, I want a Marvel only fighting game by capcom lol. MVC3 and UMVC3 are my most played console games this gen.

P.S. Scarlet Witch is a bigger monster than I thought Magik was. My goodness, and I have her unlocked. This is like smash brothers in that I didn't really know some of these characters but finding out about them is very interesting.

"No more mutants"

Xevren

Used some boosts and decided to get in on the Kingpin rushes...jeez. 2 10 packs of splinters, full pack of unstables and god only knows how many cosmics, uniques and artifacts I got.

Xevren

What's the deal with this? Is that terminal bugged?

You get full drops for all 3 of the bosses (elektra/bullseye/kingpin) instead of just kingpin. Think it's fixed on test so people are just farming it. With a rusher you can get to him pretty fast sooooo yeah.

Blank!

You get full drops for all 3 of the bosses (elektra/bullseye/kingpin) instead of just kingpin. Think it's fixed on test so people are just farming it. With a rusher you can get to him pretty fast sooooo yeah.

My Scarlet witch could reach the elevator in 2 warps (going up, 4 going down... hate going down). Was killing him the moment bullseye touched the screen. Multiple 2 artifact drops including a pair of Advanced Metasensories (7%/250+), a xerogen, a pair of adv latverian regalia, and about 8 mediocre artifacts. 1 cosmic, 3 unstable molecules, but no uniques sadly. Did about 20-30 runs? Had a rare drink going but that's it.

Thinking about dropping it to tier 3 red and seeing if I could get some pym's shrinking to drop. I think tier 4 is just too high level for it to drop normally.

Vecks

Even in story mode they don't drop stuff, so it's really weird that this happened. Sometimes I wonder if they do this stuff on purpose, just so we can have a little excitement every now and then.

Wallach

Used some boosts and decided to get in on the Kingpin rushes...jeez. 2 10 packs of splinters, full pack of unstables and god only knows how many cosmics, uniques and artifacts I got.

That's not even close to normal even with boosts. Congrats.

Top Bottom