• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I purchased an ultimate pack before release and have played the game for beta and around the first two months. I am starting to get re-interested in the game. Is there a summary or a place where I can read all that has changed since then?

Add me on Steam if anyone is wanting to play ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SynthetiCTS/

Inky posted a good summary here.

Since then in Nov they've added Gambit and Ghost Rider, two new terminals and revamped hero damage across the board.

You get full drops for all 3 of the bosses (elektra/bullseye/kingpin) instead of just kingpin. Think it's fixed on test so people are just farming it. With a rusher you can get to him pretty fast sooooo yeah.
you do this in the tier terminals? 1/2/3/4
and do you have to be in super hero difficulty or can i be in heroic?

Wallach

Is anyone here confident that they will Prestige a character 5 times?
Im pretty sure I will, with Emma.

Yeah, I'm going to start this process with Punisher pretty soon. I'd like to be at max prestige on him before raid content starts, and maybe even before cosmic terminals.

One of the guys in WL has every hero at 60; with the crazy XP synergy bonus and boosts on he can do a 1-60 prestige rank in like 5 hours.

KePoW

Banned
Yeah, I'm going to start this process with Punisher pretty soon. I'd like to be at max prestige on him before raid content starts, and maybe even before cosmic terminals.

One of the guys in WL has every hero at 60; with the crazy XP synergy bonus and boosts on he can do a 1-60 prestige rank in like 5 hours.

What's WL?

Look at these I found:

SdIwaPZ.jpg

Xevren

Been using a cosmic Doc Ock myself. Wish you could trade medallions, have a bunch of cosmic ones that I hold on to for no reason.

I love this game so much. So glad I came back to it, huge improvements and it already solid before. I'm Thing in the mid 40s. So many other heroes I wanna play that will be totally different and give variety to the gameplay, can't wait. I'm gonna get him to 60 first.

hitmon

I just started playing again since it first released. Is it possible to get hero drops or is it only through trading eternity splinters now?

Wow both of those looks awesome for Scarlet Witch. Grats, there's some nice loot in this game.
I LOVE the loot! I actually get upgrades for my gear, regularly. Compare this to Path of Exile and Diablo 3 where you're forced to trade or in D3's case RMT/auction house because you rarely ever find upgrades since 99% of the loot is trash. This is so refreshing. I quit PoE and won't play D3 again till Reaper of Souls is out. Even then I'll probably go back to Marvel soon after.

Ive probably played for about 1000 hours since Midtown was introduced. In that time, Ive found ONE costume (from a Midtown boss). For me, they are INSANELY rare :(

I'm trying to decide which "chase costumes" to buy. I currently have Black Panther, Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch, but their respective costumes don't interest me. I've decided to instead buy a "chase costume" for either Jean Grey or Ms. Marvel, both of whom I am saving splinters for. I'd love to hear some thoughts on who is more fun to play: Jean Grey or Ms. Marvel?

Wallach

I'm trying to decide which "chase costumes" to buy. I currently have Black Panther, Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch, but their respective costumes don't interest me. I've decided to instead buy a "chase costume" for either Jean Grey or Ms. Marvel, both of whom I am saving splinters for. I'd love to hear some thoughts on who is more fun to play: Jean Grey or Ms. Marvel?

I think you waited too long because they're already off the store.

As for your question, I'd probably play Ms. Marvel over Jean Grey.

I think you waited too long because they're already off the store.

As for your question, I'd probably play Ms. Marvel over Jean Grey.

Oops. :S I thought the promotion ran until the 1st. Oh well. I've been leaning towards Ms. Marvel, she's one of my favourite heroes. Is her character pack considered value for money? The one available via the Marvel Heroes web store, including a couple of costumes and a stash tab, etc.

Wallach

Oops. :S I thought the promotion ran until the 1st. Oh well. I've been leaning towards Ms. Marvel, she's one of my favourite heroes. Is her character pack considered value for money? The one available via the Marvel Heroes web store, including a couple of costumes and a stash tab, etc.

I think so long as one of those two costumes is one you'd actually want, it's a decent deal. If you want a different one than what's included in the pack I'd probably just get them separately.

I think Jean is only viable (and fun) in Phoenix form at the moment and unfortunately whilst in that form, you wouldnt be able to see her costume anyway.
I vote for Ms Marvel.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I just started playing again since it first released. Is it possible to get hero drops or is it only through trading eternity splinters now?

as been stated, either splinters or real money. Splinters you have two options.. either buy the hero outright (200-800 splinters) or pay 175 splinters for a random (can already be one you have).

I've put about 15 or so hours into the game since being lapsed, and I have about 90 splinters.. and they say the splinter drop rate is pretty consistent (i.e. no feast or famine). So at roughly 6 per hour, it would take anywhere from 30-130 hours to get a hero from the store. In wow-standard /played time that means 1.5-6 days /played per hero (BUT you get to choose your hero). Or about 1 day /played per random hero.

real money isn't a bad option, BECAUSE the stashes in the game are the only thing that absolutely require real money (you need them, and they can't be obtained any other way). Character specific stashes are 350g, and you figure a nice costume is around 1000g. Most of the character bundles are around $10-15 so if you can find a character you want, with a costume you want, getting the stash as well you really come out ahead.

IMHO, buy the character bundles (from the website) for the characters you want to play, and save splinters for "oh hey, I have enough splinters! let's try this character out!"

Ploid 3.0

Played until 4:30 am last night. Just woke up 20 mins ago, first thing I did after taking a piss was turn on the PC and load up Marvel

I'm the same way this break. So much to level up, and so much loot to find. I have yet to see a 10 pack of splinters drop, though I can't complain I've been getting 10 each day.

I'm the same way this break. So much to level up, and so much loot to find. I have yet to see a 10 pack of splinters drop, though I can't complain I've been getting 10 each day.
I've had some good luck with the 3 daily holiday gift boxes. I think 3 stacks of 10 so far. Up to 143, my goal is 400 for Ms Marvel :D

Lord Phol

Practically. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that's gotten a costume drop since August.
I've actually been pretty lucky with both costume drops and crafting. Since launch I've found about 8 costumes (some of them in cards), and without buying a single one for black panther I've owned all of his costumes except the blue one and his chase.

On another note I just bought the deluxe advance pack, so that's about 270 usd spent on the game so far >>. No remorse though, gazillion deserves the money for all the time they put into the game and how well they interact with their userbase.

Can't wait until Nova and Star Lord next year :D. Happy new years marvel gaf!

Vecks

It's not luck, those rewards are set :) Always 3 Odins, 5 cubes and 10 splinters.

lol, took me 3 days of "Oh, hey! An even split!" to realize it. Coincidences just don't happen 4 days in a row.

Happy new years marvel gaf!

I'm still waiting on a costume from a fortune card, but I'm not holding my breath. My last four cards were rarity boosts *shakes fist*. I actually like getting the SIF and XP boosts though. Even if costumes and 10-packs don't drop, I feel like SIF at least helps drop fortune cards to help with my... uh... gambling.

And yes, Happy New Year! To think, in a few more months, Marvel Heroes will have been out for 1 year. Hopefully more people will join. It's kind of odd seeing the same faces in Midtown and PVP every now and then.

Vecks

EDIT: Actually I think they changed it. Nerfed the dodge. I think the main reason to get shrinking is the fast spirit regen on a high dodge hero.

Ploid 3.0

I've had some good luck with the 3 daily holiday gift boxes. I think 3 stacks of 10 so far. Up to 143, my goal is 400 for Ms Marvel :D

I had Ms Marvel as my second random, she's awesome. I want Emma Frost next but I'm going to random until I hit my first twin and just save up to cherry pick heroes after.

Also I had no idea the shrink artifact actually shrunk you. I wanted it for stats though the dodge thing could be a problem and I may have been looking at a out of date site. I don't want to be smaller, no way. Sorry Ant Man.

The dodge nerf really nerfed this bad boy it seem (well I hear they nerfed dodge, more than actually taking some damage when you do dodge). Imagine a high dodge character with this baby, I'd take the smaller size for 50 spirit each dodge. I'd never run out of spirit. SPamspamspamspam!!

Vecks

how does smaller character size give spirit regen?

Er... I have no idea. Well, these artifacts aren't meant to be... logical.

The dodge nerf really nerfed this bad boy it seem (well I hear they nerfed dodge, more than actually taking some damage when you do dodge). Imagine a high dodge character with this baby, I'd take the smaller size for 50 spirit each dodge. I'd never run out of spirit. SPamspamspamspam!!

I think that picture is out of date. It might just be standard dodge rating now instead of actual dodge chance. And you can remove visual effects off any item if it bothers you. It's only 1000 credits at the crafter (I don't know what rank), and you don't need any kind of crafting materials.

Xevren

EDIT: Actually I think they changed it. Nerfed the dodge. I think the main reason to get shrinking is the fast spirit regen on a high dodge hero.

Yup.

And if you don't like the shrink effect you can always add a growth effect to your costume to go against the shrinking aspect of pym's. Or feel free to give me a pyms, since they never drop ever!

KePoW

Banned
I've actually been pretty lucky with both costume drops and crafting. Since launch I've found about 8 costumes (some of them in cards), and without buying a single one for black panther I've owned all of his costumes except the blue one and his chase.

On another note I just bought the deluxe advance pack, so that's about 270 usd spent on the game so far >>. No remorse though, gazillion deserves the money for all the time they put into the game and how well they interact with their userbase.

Can't wait until Nova and Star Lord next year :D. Happy new years marvel gaf!

Same to you broski!

And not to make anyone feel bad, but I've gotten 6 costumes from Fortune Cards. Unfortunately 4 of them have been the same one (so three total different ones).

Also I had no idea the shrink artifact actually shrunk you. I wanted it for stats though the dodge thing could be a problem and I may have been looking at a out of date site. I don't want to be smaller, no way. Sorry Ant Man.

You can take off the Visual if you have a high enough level crafter.

Ploid 3.0

Nice about the effect removal.

Also I just found out about the exp boost from having one or more level 60s. Also I wonder if that exp boost stack if you prestige. For example, if I only have a 60 Scarlet Witch and take her to prestige 5, then level other characters will it be like I have 5 characters at 60. Probably not since they specifically say if you have 5 heroes and over at 60 you get "+5% xp bonus for each hero (in addition to the 75% bonus from the first 4 heroes you have at level 60)."

And I just remembered I spent pretty much all of my currency on Dare Devil's costume affixes, trying to get them a good crit chance roll for each. And now he's benched.

Top Bottom