• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just 1 shot Superheroic Loki with Spidey with no deaths! That was...satisfying

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If you don't care about the story mode and just want to rush to 60 for the first time:

I guess you'll have to do the normal mode prologue on the first time since you don't have the way point to the standard avengers tower. Rush to the bank, and don't forget to rescue people inside for easy quick xp. Complete rest of prologue.

Either grind on trash mobs in story mode or midtown (don't bother with midtown bosses yet) until 15. 15-20 is pretty flexible. Personally, I like to do x-def until 20 because it feels kind of slow otherwise to solo.

And after you reach 20, legendary quests are the best, because it's like doing the same amount of work for twice or thrice the XP. 20-30 will be pretty quick so it doesn't matter much what LQs you choose to do. If you get an LQ for Chapter 7 in story mode, I recommend doing the end of Chapter 7 (sinister) and going back to Xavier to get a 2 hour +50% xp boost item. XP boosts apply to those huge xp orbs as well, so save those boosts for when you're about to finish an LQ for a huge boost.

Once you hit 40's, you might want to start rerolling quests. If you can find/make a full party in midtown and have credits to burn, that still feels the fastest, but if you can't find a full party, I'd recommend focusing on terminal LQs instead.

While doing terminal LQs, get cube shards, cash them in for fortune cards at the cube shard vendor and hope to get more XP boosts. You can also do the end of chapter 7 in heroic mode and superheroic for 2 more of those +50% boosts.

I don't remember x-def or legendary quests being things when the game launched. Are they the terminals in the tower?

I don't remember x-def or legendary quests being things when the game launched. Are they the terminals in the tower?

They weren't there on launch. These quests automatically appear in your quest log when you hit 20. Check the logs and it should be the very first quest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so instead of starting a new hero after finishing Spidey I decided to go back to rocket for a bit, I left him at 44 back on release, so Im just going to run through heroic (everything is gray so no splinters) just to put him at superheroic basically and get the points/health/spirit from heroic.

anyway, I forgot how much I enjoy Rocket, and hes even better now that you can summon multiple of the same turrets. Screw SG, hes the real master pet class in the game :p He also doesnt really seem to need a review to be honest, so Im curious to see what they do with him (well except his ultimate which is shit, or at least it used to be, I havent actually used it now)

Vecks

All the way points, including the terminals and the midtown entrance, have been changed to be the same thing, so you can access everything (x-def, MM, pvp, green/red/cosmic terminals, story) from any way point.

Someone on the official forums made this awesome chart for the quest bonuses:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/18937/marvel-heroes-rewards-quest-table

sbhTH16.jpg

One important reward is missing, a skill point in Chapter 9 when you talk to Heimdall when you get to Asgard from the portal in Norway.

inky

It's also missing the +5 Spirit you get from beating Loki.

Edit: beaten.

It's useful to have one, especially for tracking down the bonuses. I did one myself that I have here on my desk.

Blank!

It's also missing the +5 Spirit you get from beating Loki.

Edit: beaten.

It's useful to have one, especially for tracking down the bonuses. I did one myself that I have here on my desk.

Am I the only obsessive compulsive that hates not having a check mark next to every quest? I won't change difficulty on a hero until I've marked everything off even the worthless "talk to these people" quests -_-

Am I the only obsessive compulsive that hates not having a check mark next to every quest? I won't change difficulty on a hero until I've marked everything off even the worthless "talk to these people" quests -_-

I was the same way with my first hero I got to 60 but the subsequent ones I can't, it's just too much.

inky

You are not alone :p This is me right now:

j2EZ03U.png

Every hero, every difficulty. I even have spirits saved in my craft tab for that siege case quest.
To be fair, once I prestige I won't give a shit and just powerlevel to 60.

Rhaknar

cool chart, ive been using this thread, but to be fair, after 7 lvl 60s, I pretty much memorized which quests give points/health/spirit by now

funny story, after finishing Spidey I actually decided to check every hero I have at 60 to see if they had 134 points to see if I missed anything (you win 130 and you start with 4) and somehow Cyclops was missing 1, from normal mode asgard lol

Vecks

It was annoying at first. But I've learned to ignore it. Just too much of a waste of time.

Blank!

It was annoying at first. But I've learned to ignore it. Just too much of a waste of time.

Funny, after I posted that I go to the official forums and they're changing those quests to be account bound... so go figure.

RE Inky, I despise that Asgardian turn in. Spirits of Ymir just DON'T drop for me but I'll get ivaldi's or whatever from like every mob. Super annoying.

antonz

I started playing this game a few days ago and I have a few questions. I have played as Captain America and levelled him to 60, played through the game on all difficulties, bar some of Chapter 9 on Superheroic. I tend to tank/dps with him, throwing shield and Vibranium Smashing while I wail on a guy. These are my stats, bank etc for reference.

http://i.imgur.com/vHVSRWL.jpg

1. I've tried playing Cosmic MODOK and I get my ass handed to me by the regular mobs, let alone getting to a boss. Why do I suck? xD

2. I'll soon have 600 Eternity shards, I like Spider-Man in general, but I have a feeling Deadpool is a better charter in this game, or maybe I should get other heroes? Any advice?

3. In this Endgame state, what do I do? What are the goals? I don't like PVP, Midtown Madness has bad drops, I play X-Defence atm trying to get better gear.

4. Just how rare are costume drops? I'm going round with high Special% and I've not encountered one yet. I know I need to focus on bosses which increases the chances, but as per question 1, i get beat up badly xD

5. How often do sales on things you pay for with 'G' happen? I'm putting off putting any money in until there is possibly a sale on bank space or something (I would one day like to have Spidey Noir costume, thats actually why i tried this game, but I now know that will take a lot of $$$ on Mark II Fortune cards =/)

6. Any other useful tips? I only started a few days ago so I'm very new, I like the game so far, just at a bit of a loss what to do other than play X-Defence, get Cube Shards, Eternity Splinters, credits and Odin Marks (Spend them) and level other heroes.

Hope you can help me, thanks =]

Captain America is an interesting character. recently got him to 60 myself. Im using whats really popular with him right now and its a No Basic attack build. You can find the details here.https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...cs-an-awesome-new-cosmic-solo-pve-ca-build/p1

Its a pretty beefy build. I can take on 4 bosses at a time in midtown solo or pretty much any terminal. I will stress the need for a vibranium core with the healthpack buff is a major help.

inky

Funny, after I posted that I go to the official forums and they're changing those quests to be account bound... so go figure.

RE Inky, I despise that Asgardian turn in. Spirits of Ymir just DON'T drop for me but I'll get ivaldi's or whatever from like every mob. Super annoying.

Well, I guess I should stop doing them now, lol.

Yea, Ymir drop rates are the worst. When I am doing something else like Legendaries I just get a few to stash away.

inky

So I hopped in the Test Center, used my splinters (1500ish) to buy 8 random hero boxes, and with about a 30% chance for a new hero I got 5 of the ones I'm missing (I'm missing 8 total) including the two 600 ones I didn't have: Spidey and Ghost Rider... LOL

Hopped back in the normal server and just bought Spiderman for 600. Yeah... that wasn't really going to happen again :p The test server is great to scratch that getting random thingies itch tho.

Edit: dammit, DP. Sorry.

KePoW

Banned

You are not alone :p This is me right now:

j2EZ03U.png

Every hero, every difficulty. I even have spirits saved in my craft tab for that siege case quest.

You guys krazy!!

OCD is not a good trait to have in life.

Rhaknar

Like Vecks, I did all the quests the first few times but now I just skip anything not character improving related... Hell it bums me out when a character doesn't have flying so I can't skip all the mobs as easily :(

Rhaknar

Vision confirmed for Avengers 2 so I guess Vision for 2015 almost guaranteed?

Lord Phol

Funny, after I posted that I go to the official forums and they're changing those quests to be account bound... so go figure..

Wait what? Is this confirmed somewhere?
I hate having to redo all reward quests on all heroes on all difficulties because of my OCD x.x. This would make me sooooo happy!

Vision confirmed for Avengers 2 so I guess Vision for 2015 almost guaranteed?
There's a big chance since Gaz have been known to do tie-ins with the movies.
Never been a fan of Vision though, would rather someone else take that spot.

Rhaknar

fuck my luck with costumes. decided to sacrifice a bunch of the defaults (which means ill have to buy some when I use those characters) and got fuck all

tossed default colossus (already have pheonix colossus), default SG (wont use her again anytime soon if ever) and default daredevil and got stupid wolverine x-men uniform costume (the blue and yellow that storm also has, awful)

then I tossed THAT in the blender, along with black panther default and storm default, got colossus acolyte...which isnt bad, but pheonix is my favorite (and why I bought it)

wish I got something that i liked, for someone/anyone, so I could at least toss their default :(

edit: well, had 1 more go at it. tossed colossus acolyte, ironman default and nightcrawler default (I prefer the classic anyway) in the blender and it gave me lady deadpool. not my favorite enhanced, but its the best costume I got so far at least by far. I dont even have deadpool tho...might have to buy him instead of ghost rider now when I get 600 splinters

so now I have Ironman, Storm, Daredevil, Black Panther, and Squirrel Girl "naked". Dont care about SG but all the others are lvl 1, going to have to buy something when I play them. To be fair I did choose all heroes I wanted to buy costumes for anyway (Marvel NOW for Storm and IM, Wakanda tech for Panther and the red/black for Daredevil forget the name, Secret War or something?)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i posted this on official forums but it seems no one cares.

the firework artifact +88 credit per drop is bugged. its meant to have a 2 hour cooldown, but once u use it and kill for 10 minutes just log off and back on and the timer is reset and u can use it again

so now I have Ironman, Storm, Daredevil, Black Panther, and Squirrel Girl "naked". Dont care about SG but all the others are lvl 1, going to have to buy something when I play them. To be fair I did choose all heroes I wanted to buy costumes for anyway (Marvel NOW for Storm and IM, Wakanda tech for Panther and the red/black for Daredevil forget the name, Secret War or something?)

I've never messed with this so here's a question - will the game allow you to play a character without a costume? While you would be giving up the offense/defense/core enhancements I am guessing you do have to have a costume but just want to make sure.

Vecks

I've never messed with this so here's a question - will the game allow you to play a character without a costume? While you would be giving up the offense/defense/core enhancements I am guessing you do have to have a costume but just want to make sure.

yes, you can still play without one. the only reason you get a default is to be able to put enhancements on it.

O D I N

Oh hey, a GAF thread for Marvel Heroes.

So I've been playing for about... 4 months? Maybe 5. Whenever Emma came out.

I currently have Emma at 60, Remy at 60, Hawkeye at 53, and Punisher at 50. Cable is somewhere around 30ish.

I'm having a great time with the game. I (like many others I'm sure) love what Gaz has done with the game since launch (my computer couldn't even run it then). Looking forward to the future for this game.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hi all,

We'll be bringing down the Marvel Heroes servers today at 12PM PST for a game update (featuring Runewords!)

San Francisco: 12PM PST

Denver: 1PM MST

Chicago: 2PM CST

New York: 3PM EST

Rio de Janeiro: 6PM BRST

London: 8PM GMT

Vienna: 9PM CET

Singapore: 4AM SGT (2/8)

Tokyo: 5AM JST (2/8)

Sydney: 7AM (2/8)

Auckland: 9AM NZDT (2/8)

awesome

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
bug fixes like haweyes ultimate and nightcrawlers skills and stuff

Damn I am usually not up this late to run into the patch. :3

How long is the downtime usually?

Was just about to play some with my brother.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
yea since that update nightmare few weeks ago they arent giving estimates anymore

gambit should have his costume change and fixes too

inky

fuck my luck with costumes. decided to sacrifice a bunch of the defaults (which means ill have to buy some when I use those characters) and got fuck all

I've had relatively good luck crafting and even finding them on FCs:

RUiRHSZ.png

No repeats, no basics and costumes I actually want to use. Thing's and Jean's are a bit fugly (Jean's default is her best anyway), but the rest are pretty sweet. All three of those FC costumes I've found at least twice each, but I have yet to find the other ones (Iron Man's and Wolverine's). I have enough to craft 2 more costumes right now, but maybe I'm going to wait a bit, at least until I'm ready to prestige a couple of others. I hope my luck continues and I get stuff I want to use.

Lady DP is a damn nice get tho. I think a "free" enhanced is worth giving that hero a shot for sure.

KePoW

Banned
Oh hey, a GAF thread for Marvel Heroes.

So I've been playing for about... 4 months? Maybe 5. Whenever Emma came out.

I currently have Emma at 60, Remy at 60, Hawkeye at 53, and Punisher at 50. Cable is somewhere around 30ish.

Who's Remy??

inky

Servers up; patch on Steam (300mb~). Patch Notes: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/848526#Comment_848526

Most notably:

- Runewords

- Gambit (provisional), Iron Man, Loki changes.

- Retcon Devices and Unstable Molecules now stack up to 20.
- New Uniques
- Some crafting costs reduced

Plenty of X-Defense changes, for example, added common and uncommon items to the drop pool again. Apparently removing these made the rarer stuff (like uniques) drop more frequently or something. Sorry guys :p

- Sauron deals less damage, and Juggs doesn't hurt flying heroes with his charge.
- All cosmic orbs now have a 3s delay after appearing before dealing damage, up from 1.5s
- Cosmic Terminal bosses can no longer get the Power Cosmic affix more than once.

- Bug fixes, including Hawkeye's and Caps' Ultimate fixes.

& Human Torch Original costume.

Who's Remy??

7Wg75vE.jpg

Gambit's name is Remy LeBeau :p

Vecks

Madame Hydra had bodyguards that you have to defeat to take down her shield? I wish I had found out about this before. lol, was wondering why her shields were insanely long. I guess I should read the patch notes more carefully.

Rhaknar

just woke up, cool that the rune patch is out nice surprise

does Lady Deadpool say all new things, or the same things just with a female voice? Im very close to 600 splinters and might grab Deadpool just to use it

also, the 50+ slog really gets me down every time. I got back on Rocket was was really enjoying him, but these last few levels are dragging him down for me again (has happened with pretty much every character)

edit: CHASE COSTUMES ARE BACK IN THE STORE... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY WALLET...MY WALLET

actually I think think the only ones I like are Cyclops Pheonix 5, Ms Marvel and Cable really, I thought I remembered them being better overall

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
moon knight has choice skills which are like super buffs once u chose one u cant get other.

u have to build a bar called tribute to his god
one makes it so no skills cost mana and his mana goes to 0 (he does more dmg with less mana) but after buff he has 0 mana for x amount of time.

didnt catch what other does tho

moon knight has choice skills which are like super buffs once u chose one u cant get other.

u have to build a bar called tribute to his god
one makes it so no skills cost mana and his mana goes to 0 (he does more dmg with less mana) but after buff he has 0 mana for x amount of time.

didnt catch what other does tho

The other makes you take double damage but you can't die during the buff. Having lower health ups your crit chance.

Rhaknar

this stream is awkward as shit, the interviewer has no idea what hes talking about and sounds like he read a bunch of bullpoints before this and now can barely remember any of them. he has never touched a comic book in his life, at least not a marvel one

edit: ok Gaf, this one is on you. hit 600 splinters again, so...Deadpool to use Lady Deadpool or Ghost Rider to keep with my "lets play 52 characters first"

edit: ok Gaf, this one is on you. hit 600 splinters again, so...Deadpool to use Lady Deadpool or Ghost Rider to keep with my "lets play 52 characters first"

Ghost Rider is a way more interesting character, so he gets my vote. Given what you've said you liked about characters, I would be stunned if GR doesn't become one your favs.

Top Bottom