• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Put a good chunk of time into this over the weekend.

My Hawkeye is now level 31 and I've finally after all this time, finished the game.

It's my first complete run through, and solo all the way. Loki was damn hard with Hawkeye - must have died 10 times, but thankfully the checkpoint is right there to resume the battle.

Ended my play-through with just one Unique (HulkBuster Arrow) which dropped in Norway and one Cosmic item (which I bought for 45 Splinters). Unfortunately the Cosmic was an arrow quiver too.

Over the weekend with the +% bonuses, I also used my two vials for +rare and special find, but really didn't get anything of note besides the Unique, so I'm still rocking mostly purple, blue and green gear.

They've definitely improved Hawkeye since I started playing on release, that's for sure. He's not as squishy - and Explosive Arrow (and the Turret) are amazing now.

I've not been keeping up with all the extras, Odin thingies and Runes etc, but most of them looked like you'd need some serious play time to make use. Saw a couple of Runes drop over the weekend too, which are now in my stash.

Love the game, glad to finally finish it. Might consider grabbing a character now and doing another run.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Never spend splinters on cosmic items, they are barely better than epics and you will outlvl them in no time, in fact, don't spend your splinters on anything except heroes really

KePoW

Banned
Put a good chunk of time into this over the weekend.

My Hawkeye is now level 31 and I've finally after all this time, finished the game.

It's my first complete run through, and solo all the way. Loki was damn hard with Hawkeye - must have died 10 times, but thankfully the checkpoint is right there to resume the battle.

Ended my play-through with just one Unique (HulkBuster Arrow) which dropped in Norway and one Cosmic item (which I bought for 45 Splinters). Unfortunately the Cosmic was an arrow quiver too.

Over the weekend with the +% bonuses, I also used my two vials for +rare and special find, but really didn't get anything of note besides the Unique, so I'm still rocking mostly purple, blue and green gear.

They've definitely improved Hawkeye since I started playing on release, that's for sure. He's not as squishy - and Explosive Arrow (and the Turret) are amazing now.

I've not been keeping up with all the extras, Odin thingies and Runes etc, but most of them looked like you'd need some serious play time to make use. Saw a couple of Runes drop over the weekend too, which are now in my stash.

Love the game, glad to finally finish it. Might consider grabbing a character now and doing another run.

Are you gonna get Deadpool??

Now he tells me! :p

I've only done it the once. Sitting on ~135 Splinters now I think. Still a looooong way short of a Hero.

Yup, definitely. Why?

Pick a hero you really like (DP?) and try to get to 60 and play end game stuff, it's fun. You don't really have to do the story again, you can just do the quests that give a good bonus like +1 skill points, while leveling up via Legendary Quests.

Pick a hero you really like (DP?) and try to get to 60 and play end game stuff, it's fun. You don't really have to do the story again, you can just do the quests that give a good bonus like +1 skill points, while leveling up via Legendary Quests.

I did a bit of Midtown yesterday, I really liked that. Constant boss spawns and loads of enemies. Seemed like a good way to level up.

When you say I wouldn't have to do the story again, how do you go at early levels? Wouldn't I get whipped with starting gear? The Legendary quests I did yesterday in Midtown were all ~level 30-odd stuff, or do you get different Legendary quests with new Heroes?

inky

Well, I posted a bit about the music before but there aren't actually many links around where you can listen to all of it. Still, listen to this and tell me you are not instantly transported to the 90s while playing an arcade or SNES brawler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQXrud-bDwg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCrDmEvjeGU

Also, the track that plays in Odin's Palace hub sounds very similar to one in LOTRO. Considering it is one that plays on an elven city, I'd say they probably had similar inspiration for it.

inky

lol, I turned music off immediately the first time I ran the game

You have no soul.

Most of the time I just have my own or a podcast in the background (I just mute everything but SFX for them drop sounds) but I find it surprising that after all this time playing, I still enjoy it every now and then. You'd think that going through a story area for the 20th time would make it boring, but it really hasn't for me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can't mute this game I love the little things they say next to other heroes or on quests

KePoW

Banned
You have no soul.

Most of the time I just have my own or a podcast in the background (I just mute everything but SFX for them drop sounds) but I find it surprising that after all this time playing, I still enjoy it every now and then. You'd think that going through a story area for the 20th time would make it boring, but it really hasn't for me.

Haha I have voices and sounds on all the time, just not music.

I only keep music on for SP games. For MP games I always turn it off, because I'm in ventrilo

I use my own music. I can say for sure it's better than the ingame music.

I bought the Detective Deadpool costume today.

Now I don't have enough G's to buy anything else. Those bonus G's were nice while they lasted.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Just downloaded this on Friday, picked Storm, leveled her to 32, and beat the game on Normal.

Wow.

Most fun I've had in an ARPG in a very long time. Wish I would have installed this sooner.

Love how you feel powerful pretty much right out of the gate. Storm's abilities feel so great. She's basically this games version of Diablo 2's sorceress but somehow feels even more awesome.

Found a unique (Biker boots) and Taskmaster Medallion which has over a dozen affixes (awesome!).

Thinking about getting Loki or Cyclops next. Leaning toward Loki atm.

I would totally play this on PS4 also, if it were available.

Just downloaded this on Friday, picked Storm, leveled her to 32, and beat the game on Normal.

Wow.

Most fun I've had in an ARPG in a very long time. Wish I would have installed this sooner.

Love how you feel powerful pretty much right out of the gate. Storm's abilities feel so great. She's basically this games version of Diablo 2's sorceress but somehow feels even more awesome.

Found a unique (Biker boots) and Taskmaster Medallion which has over a dozen affixes (awesome!).

Thinking about getting Loki or Cyclops next. Leaning toward Loki atm.

I would totally play this on PS4 also, if it were available.

Nice. Did in one weekend what it took me 6-7 months to accomplish haha..

I'd love a PS4 version.

Rhaknar

Yo can you buy hero packs from the marvel heroes store and use on the steam version? I assume they just get added to your account? Daredevil hero pack has shadowlands costume in it and it's cheaper than buying the costume straight up lol? It also comes with the hero token to use as ultimate buff if you have him, his stash and 2 more costumes (default and armored), all for $10.

So, anyone knows if I'm good to buy it and use on my steam version?

KePoW

Banned
Yo can you buy hero packs from the marvel heroes store and use on the steam version? I assume they just get added to your account? Daredevil hero pack has shadowlands costume in it and it's cheaper than buying the costume straight up lol? It also comes with the hero token to use as ultimate buff if you have him, his stash and 2 more costumes (default and armored), all for $10.

So, anyone knows if I'm good to buy it and use on my steam version?

I'm not sure.. I think so, but don't know

Rhaknar

It worked for the advance pack so I would assume it would work for these but would like to be sure. Those $10 packs are pretty good value if you want a costume in them, was hoping Storm had marvel now in it but no :( Shadowlands looks awesome tho (actually armored is pretty good too)

Where's Frost at, I bet he knows!

It worked for the advance pack so I would assume it would work for these but would like to be sure. Those $10 packs are pretty good value if you want a costume in them, was hoping Storm had marvel now in it but no :( Shadowlands looks awesome tho (actually armored is pretty good too)

Where's Frost at, I bet he knows!

Online hero packs work at account level, so yes. Also yes, the Daredevil Hero Pack is a stupidly good deal given the costumes included.

Vecks

Today, I finally got up to 400 splinters! So I figured it was time to random box, since I can't decide who to get next. Got Wolverine. Not exactly a big fan of wolverine as a character, but I do like his synergy. Might as well level him up to 50.

Also crafted a random costume and got Black Panther Armored. It feels like an upgrade from his default, but I do hate how pure black his costumes are. I mean, yeah, he's BLACK panther, but still, a pet peeve of mine are costumes of a single color.

Rhaknar

Online hero packs work at account level, so yes. Also yes, the Daredevil Hero Pack is a stupidly good deal given the costumes included.

Haha I knew you knew :p thanks dude. Those $10 packs seem like such a nice deal, might get thing too because I want the future foundation costume anyway. Storm, Hawkeye and Scarlet don't have the costumes I want so I'll skip those.

Oh by the way, Marvel Base finally fixed the talent builder, it only lets you put 130 points now which is cool

Also crafted a random costume and got Black Panther Armored. It feels like an upgrade from his default, but I do hate how pure black his costumes are. I mean, yeah, he's BLACK panther, but still, a pet peeve of mine are costumes of a single color.

Funny you should say that, I'm the same way, it's why I want wakanda tech because of the splashes of yellow on the costume, or why my favorite DD costume is secret war red and black (although shadowlands looks badass)

edit: crafted a couple more after buying the daredevil and scarlet witch packs and tossing the defaults (again), crafted Im Not Daredevil, which sucks, tossed that and a couple others and crafted Squirrel Girl aviator, that one Ill keep because its good, even if I wont use her for awhile.

Also holy shit at Scarlet Witch Marvel Now costume...err...she got a boob AND a ass job aparently o_O On Daredevil im surprised how much I like Armored costume, looks really good. Shadowland looks a bit too much like Black Panther, especially zoomed out where you can barely see the red in it >_>

shock33

Finally got a somewhat workable cosmic build for Gambit, of course as mentioned earlier cosmics are now boned for loot and while he's good in cosmics his lowered offence makes X-defense a bit of a chore.

Have they said when they'll amend cosmic loot? (They just seen to be randomly swinging the pendulum back and forth at the moment)

inky

A developer has been talking about RIF and SIF and how they affect loot, so I might as well copy/paste some of his posts here if some of you guys find that interesting, and people just stop posting non-sense like RNG is RNG :p and instead point back to how the algorithms came about (sorry for the long post):

Gaz Dev KPatrick said:
First, let's talk about special item find. In order to do that, I need to explain a little bit about how our loot tables are built. I'm leaving out some features, but this is the gist of it...

When our designers set up a loot table, they can tell the system to drop a specific item (the boss medal for a given fight, credits, orbs...), or they can set up a list of rules for a random drop. Those rules allow them to control things like who the drop is for, item slot, rarity, level, etc.

The individual drop requests are then bundled together into groups. Each group can be set to choose one item (with designer specified selection weights) or drop everything in the group. Groups can contain other groups as options, which allows us to build more complex loot trees out of common building blocks. These trees form the basis for mob drops, mission rewards, crafting recipe results, fortune card rolls, vendor inventories, and so on.

Each group can be marked with special rules--drop once per day, require a difficulty mode, etc. One of these is the "special item" rule... when a loot roll hits a group with this rule, an extra RNG check is made against your SIF to see if that group can roll. If the check fails, the drop system moves on to another group in the tree. When you boost SIF, you are increasing the chance that your value will be greater than the RNG result and therefore you're more likely to get access to the special stuff inside the group (e.g. costumes). The exact list of stuff guarded by the check is design controlled, so I don't know it offhand, but I believe anything that you can buy in the store uses SIF, and I'm pretty sure it's also being used for some types of in-game rewards. Because of the weekend buffs, all of those special loot groups are being used twice as often.

Larger SIF is always better. When people worry about this number overflowing, they are thinking about stuff like PAC-Man's kill screen where an 8-bit number can only store 255 values. The SIF number is not stored that way, and if we let you get there, SIF numbers in the billions would be possible--that doesn't mean that you'd see nothing but SIF loot; it would mean every time you roll on a SIF group the check would pass.

Now let's talk about rare item find. When designers set up a random item drop, they can either call out a specific rarity--"this drop request is always cosmic", or they can let the system pick a rarity for the item. Each rarity has a base probability--think of it as a raffle, where each rarity gets tickets but common has hogged most of the tickets and cosmic only has a few. The analogy isn't perfect--I'm not actually picking a number from a hat--but it's an apt description of what's going on.

When you increase rare item find, the system gives more tickets to everybody but common. The tickets are given out so that your chances of getting really high rarity (unique, cosmic, etc) are increasing linearly with RIF, but your chances of getting bumped up the rarity chain are better across the board--what would normally be a white drop is green instead, etc. We picked an algorithm so that the impact of RIF is maximized where the original drop chances are really low--where there weren't many tickets to begin with. When you boost RIF, you're giving out more tickets to the high rarities; there isn't any point where those additional high-end tickets make it worse for you .

Like SIF, RIF is not being stored as an 8-bit number, and going from 200 to 20,000 or 2,000,000 isn't going to make it go negative. Unlike SIF, you could theoretically only have the best loot from each drop request if your RIF goes through the roof.

Well before launch, when I first built the loot tree system, there were bugs--any complex program has them. The RIF/ticket system wasn't working correctly for the first 24 hours and people were suddenly getting orange/purple drops as frequently as whites. At one point we had an issue where blue drops had extra tickets. Because the loot system is so important to our game, I built in a series of dev console commands we can use to make millions of rolls at once--so we can, for instance, ask a dev build of the game to roll all the x-defense loot that'll drop in one month's time and sift through what comes back to make sure it's what we expect. It's important to note that I'm not talking about a special tool--it's the exact same code that rolls each drop in the live game.

Now, the SIF roll passes, and you get a special item such as a rune does this directly effect your RIFs chances of dropping items?

It's designer controlled, but mostly no.

In each tree where we have possible high-end drops, each type is placed in a single-request group to control their drop rate, and those groups are then collected under a roll everything parent. When a loot roll hits the parent, it actually checks for each of the high-end items independently and there is no pre-determined quota for the number of items that drop. Practically speaking, the drop chances for each item are low enough that you won't see a jackpot roll that hits everything at once, but it is theoretically possible.

The system is flexible enough so that we could have chosen to pick only one high-end item maximum; the problem with that approach is that it makes final probabilities harder to calculate when you need to compare the weights of the options. By using explicit rates in parallel, it's easier to understand the tuning at a glance.

How do the two systems (SIF and RIF) interact? For instance, say you kill a mob and it drops 3 items. How does it determine if the item will be a SIF item or a RIF item?

IF kicks in first, because it influences what loot groups are active. As I mentioned before, we do our high-end checks as extra groups in the tree with a low drop chance, so if your SIF succeeds you're typically going to get an extra loot drop instead of swapping out one of the items (though the data could be built to swap instead).

RIF is applied during the rarity phase of item generation after types and count are known for a group--technically speaking, items that are gated by SIF groups still all go through the rarity/RIF code, though most of them only drop at one rarity value and short-circuit the actual RNG check. You can think of RIF like an item swap to higher rarity of the same type when it succeeds (though the original item never existed). You find more rare items due to the upgrade.

If your SiF gives you a Rune as a drop, or any SiF item.. Will it lower the chances of finding a unique? I'm just curious if the loot tables are COMPLETELY separate rolls, or if one item dropping hinders the chances of different type of item dropping.

All of the tables I've seen split themselves into completely separate rolls.

It should also be pointed out that while this is just how they work technically, everything is designer controlled, so some artifacts being more common than others, some items never dropping in some zones, etc. are still decisions taken by a designer, still prone to human error (obviously) and there is still a chance that some new items might hinder the chances at other items (while this might not happen now, or ever, there is still the possibility of being designed like that, that is just what I'm trying to say, before anyone brings up tin foil hats and conspiracies :p).

It also should line up with the idea of the poor effectiveness of pots over shorter periods of time, going by the ticket raffle analogy. It doesn't actually make room for the rarer items to drop more often, but it just boosts everything but the common items across the board, so you'd likely need probably as much time playing to get the rarer stuff as you did before, or boosts it so insignificantly (0.00001 * 1000% is still 0.0001) that you'd need pots on you for hours and hours to get those, but you are more likely dropping the same items only more consistently a rarity higher. I think rarity in other games work differently, but I don't really know. In D3 for example, with the cap to MF you could actually set your clock to a certain rarity and getting a certain amount of legendary/set drops during a set amount of runs. no such thing in MH.

Edit: if you want to read the discussion: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/66594/server-side-rif-sif/p1 Not that I'd recommend it :p Most posts are just...

GManDH

youre right this thing makes no sense. Ive gotten uniques without potions, ive gotten uniques with potions. sometimes i think that you need to play for a couple of hours, exit and then come back. ive done that and had a much better run the second time around. might be coincident, but its worked. Also ive never stacked potions and have gotten i think 10 uniques by now. I think stacking POTIONS doesnt help, there are some that do though. if u want items run MM and XDEF over and over and use a RIF/SIF potion every now and then.

JUST SAYING

KePoW

Banned
I don't really care about the algorithm details. All I know is I've gotten hero tokens, costumes, uniques, 10-splinters, etc etc, with and without potions running.

And I know personal real life friends who have gotten all of those things too. So that to me is the definition of "exists but random". Obviously the chances are very low.

And of course they have certain item types drop more frequently than others. Inky, if that's what you mean by "weighted" then sure. But all loot games do it that way and have white/grey items drop more often. I'm not sure if that has been your point throughout this thread regarding weighting?

I just don't understand where you're coming from every time the subject comes up. Even though some item types are more common, I still consider it random by my definition. So to use a very simple mathematical example -- If a game is programmed to drop gray items 90% of the time, and uniques 0.1% of the time, I still consider that random.

The only part I'll semi-agree is how much potions help. I don't think it's a noticeable difference, but that's also why I don't care about them and don't buy them. So it's not an issue.

Rhaknar

I don't really care about the algorithm details. All I know is I've gotten hero tokens, costumes, uniques, 10-splinters, etc etc, with and without potions running.

And I know personal real life friends who have gotten all of those things too. So that to me is the definition of "exists but random". Obviously the chances are very low.

And of course they have certain item types drop more frequently than others. Inky, if that's what you mean by "weighted" then sure. But all loot games do it that way and have white/grey items drop more often. I'm not sure if that has been your point throughout this thread regarding weighting?

I just don't understand where you're coming from every time the subject comes up. Even though some item types are more common, I still consider it random by my definition. So to use a very simple mathematical example -- If a game is programmed to drop gray items 90% of the time, and uniques 0.1% of the time, I still consider that random.

The only part I'll semi-agree is how much potions help. I don't think it's a noticeable difference, but that's also why I don't care about them and don't buy them. So it's not an issue.

this. anyway, we should be getting a valentines day announcement soon right?

inky

I'm not sure if that has been your point throughout this thread regarding weighting?

My point? Well, right now my point is that I find the way loot works in loot games interesting to understand and talk about. It is one of my favorite genres after all. I don't play this game for efficiency, I think I've established as much. But there are some moving parts to it, and all are by design. I don't like people throwing the RNG is RNG phrase when considering outcomes. It is clear they have a lot of influence over certain aspects and if, say, an item like Pym's Shrinking Serum drops less and people come out and say: RNG is RNG, well, that really says nothing at all, and just becomes grating or obnoxious. I'm more interested in the why, but that rarely gets discussed by the developers, and people look at you funny on forums like you are doing it now.

I just don't understand where you're coming from every time the subject comes up.

Why do I have to come up from somewhere? Maybe at different times I come from different places. I didn't post this to complain if that is what you are thinking, just to discuss and have an insight on how it works. When the patch hit, I didn't want to talk about how cosmic terminals felt off, because people were going to come up with responses like that, when in reality they did tinker with it and it wasn't mentioned. Did I feel betrayed by the game or something? No, but I think it is something we could talk about without painting anyone as a whiner or anything. They tinker with this stuff all the time, and yes, while loot is supposed to be random (that's the appeal of the genre after all) it is also somewhat predictable, and that predictability allows for people to notice those changes and wonder what the reasoning was behind it. There is also different types of randomness applied to different kinds of items, so a throwaway phrase meant to cull any discussion behind that process is what bothers me about random item talk. I'm not trying to steer the conversation towards an "I'm not getting a certain item" perspective.

Generally speaking, I've had great luck with the game, and I obviously enjoy playing it a lot or I wouldn't be doing it. But I disagree with you. I think we should care about what things like potions do. This isn't even for me. I don't buy them either and have been saying they are mostly useless. I generally don't use them or don't care about them (other than for XP), but I still feel they should have a more noticeable effect, mainly because they sell them on the store. For real money.

I don't see why I should take a "it doesn't directly affect me, so it isn't an issue" stance about things like that. What's wrong about wanting them to work more, or differently? Or wanting to understand the thought process behind those decisions? If no one really cares about how it works, well, I guess I should just stop posting. I just find it interesting.

Rhaknar

Better chances for certain types on specific days? That's surprising. I'll have to buy a crafting stash. I hope there's a G sale coming soon.

there are G sales? o_O

Loot debates are the worst. My friend in Path of Exile had found 5 Exalted Orbs in Domination League. I have never seen one drop, been playing since closed beta.

On the other hand, I managed to 6-link my sword in 22 fusings :p

Marvel Heroes is soulsuckingly awesome, by the way. My Colossus is lv37, bought a Scarlet Witch yesterday. Saw someone complaining about retcon drops, I found 4 so far.

yeah between drops, quests and cards, im swimming in them. just "wasted" 3 in like 5 minutes trying Ghost Rider specs and imediatly switching back lol

V_Arnold

Loot debates are the worst. My friend in Path of Exile had found 5 Exalted Orbs in Domination League. I have never seen one drop, been playing since closed beta.

Marvel Heroes is soulsuckingly awesome, by the way. My Colossus is lv37, bought a Scarlet Witch yesterday. Saw someone complaining about retcon drops, I found 4 so far.

inky

Wow. I hate you now. :p I saw the video of that guy who chanced 2 uniques in like 20 tries.

Hey, I'm glad you liked it. I was wondering how that went. And retcons... you get them for free all the time. Even if they never dropped it is hardly an issue.

KePoW

Banned
I think we should care about what things like potions do. This isn't even for me. I don't buy them either and have been saying they are mostly useless. I generally don't use them or don't care about them (other than for XP), but I still feel they should have a more noticeable effect, mainly because they sell them on the store. For real money.

I definitely agree with you specifically on this point. LIke we said, the RIF and SIF pots are useless. And I totally think they should NOT sell them for real money.

The XP pots/bars are great and are fair game on the store. People understand those a lot more and can see constant results when using them.

Rhaknar

clearly the game wants me to buy deadpool, now I crafted his enhanced pirate costume >_> so pirate and lady, and no actual deadpool. Also I refuse to toss enchanced costumes in the blender so guess im keeping it

KePoW

Banned
clearly the game wants me to buy deadpool, now I crafted his enhanced pirate costume >_> so pirate and lady, and no actual deadpool. Also I refuse to toss enchanced costumes in the blender so guess im keeping it

lol wtf, are you super lucky in real life always? That's two different 20 dollar costumes

Vecks

Most of the time I don't really get retcon drops. But since this weekend was boosted, I've had 4 drop. It makes me feel like the SIF boost works... in the worst imaginable way.

Rhaknar

lol wtf, are you super lucky in real life always? That's two different 20 dollar costumes

if I was lucky I would be getting costumes I wanted, not random stuff that I dont. sure the price is nice but I wouldnt buy either myself.

but lets see, I crafted:

Enhanced Lady Deadpool
Enhanced Pirate Deadpool
Im Not Daredevil (awful)
Wolverine Feral Something (awful)
Wolverine X-Men Uniform (beyond awful)
Cable X-Force (after buying the Chase costume)
Colossus Acolyte (after buying Pheonix 5)
Human Torch Light Brigade (Torch costumes, like Jean costumes, are almost useless imo)
Squirrel Girl Aviator (this ones good, the only I kept apart from the 2 enchanced)

sure the enhanced ones were good price wise, but I didnt actually want them (well maybe Lady Deadpool). For me lucky would be getting Storm Marvel Now, Black Panther Wakanda Tech, Thing Enhanced (an enhanced I actually want), etc. Im not complaining mind you, but yeah, apart from the price, I dont consider that very lucky (and the price is pointless if i wasnt going to buy them in the first place). Reminds me when I got Ironman from a random box back in that weekend promo...sure I was "lucky" since its a 600 splinter hero, but I dont give 2 fucks about IM so I didnt really care :/

Friend of mine, first costume he crafts, Black Widow Thunderbolts. Now THATS luck :p

edit: if you can get default costumes in the crafter, and I avoided them, than yeah Ill call myself lucky btw ^_^

V_Arnold

How do you guys craft costumes? Please tell me.
Also, what should I buy with Cube Shards?

And what about those Ymir/Ivalian/Whatever shards?

Rhaknar

I buy Fortune Cards whenever I have 10 cube shards, hoping for blender fodder costume (I dont like any of the mark I costumes), or at least a xp boost potion (but I keep getting RIF potions)

as for costume crafting, you need to have a lvl 20 crafter, and then 3 random costumes and 2 unstable molecules and 200k credits

and how do you get so many costumes to toss in the blender as we call it? usually, we just toss the defaults in there (all characters come with 1 costume if you notice) when we buy a new one for example, and then if the random costume you get from the crafter is shit, it goes in the blender for the next try (so next try you need 2 more now because the 1 you got and didnt want counts towards it)

I crafted so many because I have almost the entire roster and I tossed almost all the default costumes in there, so I actually have a bunch of "naked" heroes atm (they arent actually naked, just have no costume in the costume slot so I cant get the costume bonuses on them), mostly all the level 1s I havent started yet

Vecks

The stuff like Ymir that drop in norway and lower asgard are for siege cases (an item that mostly gives you a piece of epic gear, but has a chance for a medallion or an artifact). The vendor should be in odin's palace, and you should have gotten a quest for it if you followed the story.

Siege cases aren't very impressive, but spirits of ymir and ivaldi stack high (up to 100), drop fairly frequently, and a worth a good bit, so they're pretty decent for ranking up vendors.

Rhaknar

wonder if they will put out a Hulk Fear Itself costume

os-dignos_hulk.jpg

also, I guess it would be enhanced since he was technically someone else / possessed right? I just realized that means Thing Fear Itself is the same, so he speaks as a villain?

inky

Well, just to add to the other posts, leveling your crafter should be your #1 priority either way. Even before just selling items for credits.

Rhaknar

holy shit guys... played a bit of Pheonix, my god :O

Im getting the same visceral satisfaction I had on Hulk with his leaps, just in this case, its charging all voer the place and fire and explosions and holy shit! lol

sooooo... is this the one character finally where you pump points into the charge? :D that shit looks and feels so good.

KePoW

Banned
sooooo... is this the one character finally where you pump points into the charge? :D that shit looks and feels so good.

It's up to you. That move does look sweet.

Only thing is you cannot see any of Jean's costumes if doing a constant phoenix build. Same reason I don't like Emma's diamond tree.

Rhaknar

It's up to you. That move does look sweet.

Only thing is you cannot see any of Jean's costumes if doing a constant phoenix build. Same reason I don't like Emma's diamond tree.

I dont like her costumes anyway (well maybe the kinky black one). But man, this is so much fun. Frost! Why didnt you tell me to drop everything and just go play Jean before! Im blaming you for this.

edit: also between her and Ghost Rider, Human Torch will DEFFINATELY be the last character I buy, I get my fire fix from these 2 as it is >_>

Top Bottom