• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Vecks

Just took a glance at the site store and damn, that Scarlet Witch pack is an awesome deal. When did that happen? Her 2 best costumes (imo) and her stash for $10 is just great. Daredevil's is similarly great value. Why didn't I buy that instead of buying the costumes on the store separately? *kicks past self in the butt*

I'm not joking when I say that I kinda wish I didn't get her for free back at launch now. Heck, even when I did, and the only thing I didn't own was one of the costumes, I'd seriously consider getting it. Her stash, an extra token and a costume for crafting surely are worth the $.50 difference vs buying just a costume for 950 Gs.

Shit.

The web store packs are indeed the better deals. I bought that pack during one of their everything 25% off sale. 7 bucks for 2 costumes and a hero stash.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just took a glance at the site store and damn, that Scarlet Witch pack is an awesome deal. When did that happen? Her 2 best costumes (imo) and her stash for $10 is just great. Daredevil's is similarly great value. Why didn't I buy that instead of buying the costumes on the store separately? *kicks past self in the butt*

I'm not joking when I say that I kinda wish I didn't get her for free back at launch now. Heck, even when I did, and the only thing I didn't own was one of the costumes, I'd seriously consider getting it. Her stash, an extra token and a costume for crafting surely are worth the $.50 difference vs buying just a costume for 950 Gs.

Shit.

yeah i was just saying this a few days ago (when I bought those 2 packs myself)... hell the daredevil one is ridiculous since the shadowland costume is 1250g...which is mor ethan 10 bucks lol

shame storm doesnt come with marvel now :(

got Jean to 31 and went back to Ghost Rider, see if I put him at 60 before the weekend, hes 57 now. And I got a unstable molecule which I hadnt in awhile, now I have 2 again so I can make another costume, I just need blender fodder now :p I might get the Thor pack and toss 2 of those in there and something else

Vecks

I kind of want that daredevil one too, since I already enjoy playing him and I'm sure the review will help him out a lot. But I probably won't go for it. I already have shadowlands from a random costume craft. As good a deal as it still is, it just wouldn't feel right to me.

inky

I got the costumes on discount, but that is still $15ish for something I could've got for half, plus a stash tab T_T

Serves me right for not checking the store more often. Oh well. Live and learn.

Don't have Daredevil (I don't think) so that pack is tempting...

Been mostly playing Nightcrawler lately. Finished story mode on normal and have been doing MM/X-Defense. He's squishy but I have him at 34. It was my first time messing with X-Defense so I decided to take my Colossus (45, now 46) in and see how he did. Night and day difference. The only bummer is that after they turned off the 100% rif/sif bonus the drops have been just ok. I have got quite a few runes but only one unique (Hawkeye's bow at level 47 - my hero is at 30 :( ).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I kind of want that daredevil one too, since I already enjoy playing him and I'm sure the review will help him out a lot. But I probably won't go for it. I already have shadowlands from a random costume craft. As good a deal as it still is, it just wouldn't feel right to me.

I actually...*gasp*... tossed Shadowland costume in the blender :O

Honestly, it was worse than I expected. It had a weird red tint to it, coupled with the fact that the armored one looked so good and me only really wanting 1 costume per character, made me toss it. From Scarlet I kept (and will use / am using) Marvel Now, that was the opposite, it was better than I expected

Rhaknar

I lost interest in the game after the cyclops got nurfed ,,how is night crawler ?

buggy. and Cyclops got buffed again, and hasnt had his review. Then again I think giving up on a game because 1 class is nerfed is crazy :p

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys,

I'm finishing up patch notes for today's Test Center build!

Short version:

Bug fixes!

PvP changes!

Valentine's Day stuff!

Infinite load screen fix!

New boss affix (missile shield!)
To explain the affix: it's a big bubble around a supervillain. If you're inside of it, no deflection. If you're outside of it. There's deflection.
lady loki is on test center aswell (1950 g)

also theres candy rush bars for valentines

which do what the others do and credit drop for 4 hours.

LuuKyK

Not sure how I feel about Lady Loki. Its not bad but eh.

Still, I am all in for them making female versions of male characters and vice-versa,

Rhaknar

Not sure how I feel about Lady Loki. Its not bad but eh.

Still, I am all in for them making female versions of male characters and vice-versa,

As long as it's canon :)

Edit: the whining in the official forums, my god. I know I know, official forums are cesspools, but Jesus, they whine about everything. Drop rates, nerfs, OPness, underpowered...ness, too easy, too hard, heroes take too long, there's too many heroes, etc etc.

Why do I lurk there? >_>

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair drop rates outside of X-Def are garbage. It's not worth doing anything else atm and that seriously needs to be addressed because X-Def is boring as fuck.

inky

I think they just need to step back for a month with the new content updates (new hero is fine) and polish what is there. There are many QoL changes to the loot, UI, new systems and items that are sorely needed that people can't find safe ground to stand on. If makes them feel that some of these things are joining a waiting list in the fix-priority schedule every time something new comes along.

They also need to stop patching things like terminals and drops not one week after they were on the Test Center. If the TC can't predict these issues correctly, maybe it needs a bit more time to cook, and that's fine. What's there now is frigging awesome, no one is going anywhere if new features take a week longer to get implemented on the live game.

The forums are rough tho, but just skip most threads and you'll be fine. It's a shame that the whining made them take down the art thread. That one was great.

According to the notes for TC, they are going to nerf the drop rate of runes in X-Defense. Supposedly they are going to increase the rate in other areas.

I'll have to see just what it works out to. I only recently started doing X-Defense (like maybe two weeks) and I have to say, getting the loot in there is pretty fun. I have had runs with as many as 4 or 5 runes drop but plenty of others with none. I don't see much of a problem with the way it has been working but I only get to play an hour or two a day.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
90% of the official forum posts are lame.

I've found comic fans to be some of the pickiest motherfuckers around

True, they can get incredibly anal. But by and large I find the game's community refreshingly hospitable and friendly, which is like unicorn-rare. There's more whining on the forums now than there was a couple of months ago, it seems to me, but idk if that's actually true. Ironically, it may be Gazillion's fault for being so communicative. Par for the course in official forums is rarely getting a response from a dev, but it happens often enough in the MH forums that if something doesn't get a dev response within a day, people can kind of lose it sometimes.

Rhaknar

just woke up and theres downtime. vadernoooooooooooooo. thought the patch was tomorow not today

edit: nvm found them

"Fixed an issue where level 50 Uru-Forged items were dropping for heroes well below their level."

I did think this was weird, happened to me a bunch on low lvl xdef

"Emma Frost’s unique Locket of the Lords Cardinal’s Cyclops will now change costumes based on the costume Emma is wearing."

oh shit now I want it even more

I'm looking to buy a new hero and I'm trying to decide between the current Jean Grey pack (includes Jean, a Jean stash and Dark Phoenix, Phoenix and Marvel Now costumes) and the Cyclops pack (Cyclops, Cyclops stash and Astonishing, Marvel Now and Classic costumes). Both are $15. Not really a fan of any of the Cyclops costumes, but really like Jean's Dark Phoenix costume. The Cyclops synergy XP bonus is very attractive as I have a bunch of low level toons I'll eventually want to level. Any opinions on which character is more fun to play?

I'm looking to buy a new hero and I'm trying to decide between the current Jean Grey pack (includes Jean, a Jean stash and Dark Phoenix, Phoenix and Marvel Now costumes) and the Cyclops pack (Cyclops, Cyclops stash and Astonishing, Marvel Now and Classic costumes). Both are $15. Not really a fan of any of the Cyclops costumes, but really like Jean's Dark Phoenix costume. The Cyclops synergy XP bonus is very attractive as I have a bunch of low level toons I'll eventually want to level. Any opinions on which character is more fun to play?

I played a non-Phoenix build for Jean up to 30 and had fun. Pretty powerful but definitely not a tank. I have not played Cyclops but I have heard recent changes made him more viable.

Cyclops is getting a review within the next couple months. Currently he's not worth it other than the 10% XP synergy. His only viable build is holding right click to Richochet, a basic attack.

Vecks

Whatever choice you make, make sure you wait until tomorrow to buy, in case of sale. If you buy today, you'll still get covered by their policy, but it'll be a hassle since you'll have to deal with customer service.

As for my 2 cents, both heroes are about equal to me, since I prefer melee mostly. However, with Jean, it's kind of like getting two heroes in one because you can choose to play either normal jean or phoenix. Phoenix is ridiculous though. She'll level fast and easy because she doesn't even need good gear. She has so much built in: auto revive, insane hp/sp regen, constant aoe, 25% shield.

Rhaknar

was there a estimated time on the patch? Ill just assume I wont be able to play tonight before going to work :/

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
to be fair alot of the whining on the official forums is because the games is going back down hill fast. the community helped change this game for the best and over the last month or so the game is going back down. the drops without a doubt have been nerfed to shit acrros the board unique wise. they were probs dropping far to often before yes. but for many people the unique rate now is worse than legendarys in diablo 3.

with it also becoming more noticeable that rare item buffs do shit all and people are getting worse drops when these *special drop buffs* server side are going then thats even worse.

it doesn't help when they are releasing patch after patch and content and heroes but with each one come many bugs which are then left un noticed for a long, hell ghost rider still has some bugs or missing things (marvel requested peanace stare taunts) it still doesnt.

good laugh for me was last month they nerfed a luke cage skill but at the time the skill was bugged and hardly worked anyway. the didnt fix the bug till a week later.

Rhaknar

to be fair alot of the whining on the official forums is because the games is going back down hill fast. the community helped change this game for the best and over the last month or so the game is going back down. the drops without a doubt have been nerfed to shit acrros the board unique wise. they were probs dropping far to often before yes. but for many people the unique rate now is worse than legendarys in diablo 3.

with it also becoming more noticeable that rare item buffs do shit all and people are getting worse drops when these *special drop buffs* server side are going then thats even worse.

it doesn't help when they are releasing patch after patch and content and heroes but with each one come many bugs which are then left un noticed for a long, hell ghost rider still has some bugs or missing things (marvel requested peanace stare taunts) it still doesnt.

good laugh for me was last month they nerfed a luke cage skill but at the time the skill was bugged and hardly worked anyway. the didnt fix the bug till a week later.

uniques drop rate worse than diablo 3? lol what? I got 1 legendary in diablo 3 in over 100 hours, I get 1 unqieu at least every 2 days in MH...again, what?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
uniques drop rate worse than diablo 3? lol what? I got 1 legendary in diablo 3 in over 100 hours, I get 1 unqieu at least every 2 days in MH...again, what?

to be honest i havent seen a unique in 5 days now its becoming tedious i see cosmics and shit all the time leveling to 60 then bam hit 60 then fuck all for 5 days. thats doing anything and everything from legendarys to xdefense and cosmics and normal terminals.

im also running collectors bounty and other buffs. which im inclined to agree that rare find is bugged or atleast theres 2 different types. one from gear and one from buffs and the gear one is better. yea rng is rang but honestly it pisses me off seeing drops fine until 60 then nothing. and im not the only one this is something thats been mentioned the last few weeks on forum

this is a welcomed change though

Now: I look forward to hearing you findings this weekend as well as reading all of our drop metrics. We even raised the XP bonus from partying to 50% (from 15%) because we love you.

When was the last time you played D3? You can easily get one legendary every hour now, at least. On the flip side, I usually see one unique every 5 hours or so in MH. It's a very clear and huge disparity.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
also in diablo its unlikely you will have multiple wizards and that, but in marvel, most people will have more than likely more than 5 heroes that they actually wanna use, gearing all them up is not fun, not at all. the drops should be higher in this game than others due to the fact there being many heroespeople will be using and loving

Blank!

to be honest i havent seen a unique in 5 days now its becoming tedious i see cosmics and shit all the time leveling to 60 then bam hit 60 then fuck all for 5 days. thats doing anything and everything from legendarys to xdefense and cosmics and normal terminals.

im also running collectors bounty and other buffs. which im inclined to agree that rare find is bugged or atleast theres 2 different types. one from gear and one from buffs and the gear one is better. yea rng is rang but honestly it pisses me off seeing drops fine until 60 then nothing. and im not the only one this is something thats been mentioned the last few weeks on forum

Buffs are special find (so are runes, fortune cards, costumes (lol), and probably some other shit I'm forgetting).

My luck varies. Over the rune weekend, I didn't get much in the way of rare runes but I did get a small stockpile of uniques/cosmics. Now the problem is, too many duplicate uniques (with shitty rolls at that), not to mention more artifacts that I have characters to equip them too.

Still think most of that 'loot drops suck' crowd is just tin foil hat/rng people. It's just streaky is all. My Ironman was level 53 before his first unique dropped (checkbook), and I've since found 4 more (slot 1, another checkbook and 2 undersheaths... yeah, way too many slot 3's -_-). My Wolverine on the other hand is getting close to 53 I think? And has all uniques except his worthless jacket, an any hero slot 2, and 3 dupe uniques (all belts... go figure).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Buffs are special find (so are runes, fortune cards, costumes (lol), and probably some other shit I'm forgetting).

My luck varies. Over the rune weekend, I didn't get much in the way of rare runes but I did get a small stockpile of uniques/cosmics. Now the problem is, too many duplicate uniques (with shitty rolls at that), not to mention more artifacts that I have characters to equip them too.

Still think most of that 'loot drops suck' crowd is just tin foil hat/rng people. It's just streaky is all. My Ironman was level 53 before his first unique dropped (checkbook), and I've since found 4 more (slot 1, another checkbook and 2 undersheaths... yeah, way too many slot 3's -_-). My Wolverine on the other hand is getting close to 53 I think? And has all uniques except his worthless jacket, an any hero slot 2, and 3 dupe uniques (all belts... go figure).

can i have your drops please lol

Rhaknar

When was the last time you played D3? You can easily get one legendary every hour now, at least. On the flip side, I usually see one unique every 5 hours or so in MH. It's a very clear and huge disparity.

oh fair enough i only played diablo 3 at release

downtime is bumming me out, was hoping to get Ghost Rider to 60 before the weekend. oh well :(

inky

Honestly, I haven't had many problems gearing up or finding uniques, but I'm keenly aware that YMMV.

I just think that crafting and upgrading stuff should be cheaper, for example. When was the last time anyone used the transform epic recipe (to transform an item from one hero to another), and other similar recipes. They are kinda useless, and their cost is really prohibitive. This stuff needs a balance pass.

Gearing up a couple dozen characters should be a bit easier than it is now (considering the credit cap, and the amount of time it takes for you to farm them) and cosmics shouldn't be that hard to come by when you know the amount of stuff that needs to roll right to be considered a good item, particularly for endgame. They want you to get one or two every few runs in cosmic terminals for instance. What's wrong about getting 1 or 2 per each, as it was before? At that point it is likely you are hunting for BIS anyway, and that can still take forever. Doing the hardest content in the game should be a bit more rewarding.

Maybe it'll change once Raids and Ultimate items are in.

Rhaknar

Honestly, I haven't had many problems gearing up or finding uniques, but I'm keenly aware that YMMV.

I just think that crafting and upgrading stuff should be cheaper, for example. When was the last time anyone used the transform epic recipe (to transform an item from one hero to another), and other similar recipes. They are kinda useless, and their cost is really prohibitive. This stuff needs a balance pass.

Gearing up a couple dozen characters should be a bit easier than it is now (considering the credit cap, and the amount of time it takes for you to farm them) and cosmics shouldn't be that hard to come by when you know the amount of stuff that needs to roll right to be considered a good item, particularly for endgame. They want you to get one or two every few runs in cosmic terminals for instance. What's wrong about getting 1 or 2 per each, as it was before? At that point it is likely you are hunting for BIS anyway, and that can still take forever. Doing the hardest content in the game should be a bit more rewarding.

Maybe it'll change once Raids and Ultimate items are in.

this I agree. I usually hover around 1mill credits, but if I was upgrading uniques to 60 (im not yet because Im still more focused on leveling other heroes) I could barely afford that. in fact atm after making all the costumes I couldnt even do 1 item let alone all on 1 hero

edit: servers are up, with valentine stuff. there is a bundle with cyclops/jean/emma/wolverine, wasnt there a gaffer earlier that wanted cyke and jean? there is also a lady loki bundle which im thinking of getting, actually been wanting to play Loki and I dont won him yet. Actually, huge question. Does anyone know if the illusions match lady loki if you use that costume? thats a big thing for me and will pretty much make or break me buying the bundle

Actually, huge question. Does anyone know if the illusions match lady loki if you use that costume? thats a big thing for me and will pretty much make or break me buying the bundle

Even if they don't now (I think it was bugged on the TC), they will no doubt patch them to look like her. They currently match both his male costumes.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
doomsaw's little jab at EA from forum earlier lol

It's up to you. I'm here, we're all here. We're reasonably smart people and pretty nice people. We don't have bad guys, we leave that for EA. (just kidding EA, I love you)

As for my 2 cents, both heroes are about equal to me, since I prefer melee mostly. However, with Jean, it's kind of like getting two heroes in one because you can choose to play either normal jean or phoenix. Phoenix is ridiculous though. She'll level fast and easy because she doesn't even need good gear. She has so much built in: auto revive, insane hp/sp regen, constant aoe, 25% shield.

Im really hoping (telepath) Jean will get a review at some point.
As it is now, all I do is use one of her basics and implosion for offense. It gets boring.
I want some new offensive weapons for telepath Jean, that look cool - like Emmas 'Kneel Before Me' does.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
We are working on one new system which is pretty cool that is an evolution of other games Weekly Challenges where the server is given a weekend challenge that is tracked in-game and on the web, with repurcussions if they succeed or fail.

Example: Galactus is invading earth, defeat his minions in these 5 zones over the weekend. If you succeed, the Earth rejoices and new vendors are added everywhere with cool stuff, if you fail, his minions now appear in Midtown, X-Defense and terminals to harass you during the week.

sounds awesome

On new Chapters:

Great question.

As you know, we have the Marvel MMO license for a very, very long time, so we are planning a long way into the future.

Each year, we would want to do something like this:

At least one new PVE mode for players the presents an interesting tactical challenge. (X-Defense, Danger Room, Midtown, Endless Dungeon, etc)

At least one or more raid encounters for players. We want to push the envelope of raids in action RPGs. It hasn't really been done before and least not on a grand level, so we are breaking new ground. I am personally excited to play a raid where I don't need X tanks, Y healers and Z DPS. Once our first raid is done, I can easily see two raids a year. At least one new story chapter that advances the storyline (this is planned out for quite a long time with some interesting twists and turns).

One PVP mode per year (with monthly ladders, tournaments, etc). Once we get 4-5 PVP modes per year we would likely not add many more but continue to add new features and options.

Achievements are going throught the back-end engineering design as we speak.

The engineering team is creating an entirely new tracking system for it so it can be efficient and tracked on the web, in-game, etc.

I expect achievements to launch this year 100%. Exact month is TBD, but progress is made every day so it's sooner rather than later.

We are taking the best parts of the achievement systems we have played over the years. Something clean, easy-to-understand and rewarding.

We are giving each hero individual, flavorful achievements like "Emma Frost - Enslave Cyclops in the Mister Sinister Terminal" or "Hulk - Score a brutal strike on Wolverine in PVP for the killing blow".

We have a bunch of solo content in development from Chaos Terminals (randomized stuff like POE but more accessible), endless dungeons, the SHIELD Holo-Sim and a few things for next year that are still in Marvel discussions and based on storyline content they have launched over the years.

this is all from a doomsaw Q&A on reddit going on now theres a summary of more here

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/67990/doomsaw-s-ama-recap-dd-s-new-costume#latest

Rhaknar

Doomsaw doing an AMA on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/1xu7n8/ask_me_100_questions_about_the_future/

also Lady Loki's illusions match her.

Wait they do? I don't know who to believe anymore! :p

I'll probably buy the bundle anyway and hope for the best, with GR basically 60 and Jean at 31 (good place to leave her and wait for the review) I'm about ready for a new one and a 52 review like Loki is ideal

Edit: did they just confirm Rogue on the AMA? He says something like "on future heroes I'm most excited about Rogue, Juggernaut, Starlord and Moonknight" o_O

inky

Edit: did they just confirm Rogue on the AMA? He says something like "on future heroes I'm most excited about Rogue, Juggernaut, Starlord and Moonknight" o_O

Rogue has been confirmed for a while. There's a 99% chance she is part of the Advanced Pack heroes.

Got the event artifact:

xNAVrFW.png

OK I guess.

I love you Noray. Also as a result I now hate Frost :(

Kidding, who could hate Frostinferno :p

Hey I didn't say the illusions were bugged! Just that, if they hadn't fixed the problem since yesterday, they would definitely fix it in the future. Though it seems we needn't worry anymore.

Rhaknar

Hmm am I crazy enough to make a new account just to be able to self-party for the xp bonus this weekend

Top Bottom