• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

Got Nightcrawler to 30... yea not feeling it. I feel like I'm always out of spirit in a prolonged fight. Taking out trash mobs is super satisfying, but if my AoE combo doesn't kill elites, the fight suddenly becoms a tedious waiting game. I'll come back to him later I guess.

I want to do Gambit now, but he is likely getting a small review soon... same as DD or Black Widow.

I'll probably just do Jean and race Rhaknar to 60 mwahahaha.

Advance Packs going away on Friday if anyone still wants one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Got Nightcrawler to 30... yea not feeling it. I feel like I'm always out of spirit in a prolonged fight. Taking out trash mobs is super satisfying, but if my AoE combo doesn't kill elites, the fight suddenly becoms a tedious waiting game. I'll come back to him later I guess.

I want to do Gambit now, but he is likely getting a small review soon... same as DD or Black Widow.

I'll probably just do Jean and race Rhaknar to 60 mwahahaha.

Advance Packs going away on Friday if anyone still wants one.

I feel like every hero struggles with spirit until his 40-50s, they really need to change the relic system, that spirit relic is only useful for leveling for example, and only early on its almost a must), but to unbind it for every hero? I dont want to be that guy, but I guess they do sell the matrix of unbinding for real money afterall... :/

edit: ah they finally gave a date. im surprised they lasted this long. any word on valentine day promo inky?

KePoW

Banned
I feel Human Torch is an underrated hero. Not sure why no one plays him, but he's pretty good (as far as game effectiveness... not talking about him as a comic character)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I feel Human Torch is an underrated hero. Not sure why no one plays him, but he's pretty good (as far as game effectiveness... not talking about him as a comic character)

I wanted him bad back on release when I stopped playing and he wasnt out. And he still looks good, just, like I said, between Jean and Rider, thats too much fire going around everywhere for another same-y hero right now. I said he would be last, not that I dont want him :p I only have 7 left to get anyway

inky

I said he would be last, not that I dont want him :p I only have 7 left to get anyway

Who are you missing? I'm missing:

Black Panther
Cable
Colossus
Emma
Torch
Luke

I have enough splinters for 2 of them right now, and I'll probably get them in that order. I just want to get everyone to at least 30 before that.

KePoW

Banned
That's funny because Luke Cage is one of my favorite game characters, he plays really well. (I don't like him asa comic character though)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Most of my Luke exposure is the New Avengers run by Bendis, but I liked him a lot in that. He's also a beastly credit farmer.

Rhaknar

Who are you missing? I'm missing:

Black Panther
Cable
Colossus
Emma
Torch
Luke

I have enough splinters for 2 of them right now, and I'll probably get them in that order. I just want to get everyone to at least 30 before that.

Deadpool
Luke Cage
Loki
Thor
Wolverine
Captain America
Human torch
(Nova)

I have the advance pack tho, so I was getting them with splinters (because what else am I going to spend them on) but now that I found out about those hero packs, I kinda feel like buying the Thor one because it comes with marvel now costume which I want bad for him when I play him eventually

If there's anyone around to invite to the GAF super group or whatever I think my in game name is arumat and I could use an invite.

Think I am going to make farming Kurse until his new artifact drops my next goal since it would be really good for my last free artifact slot on Storm.

I dont like her costumes anyway (well maybe the kinky black one). But man, this is so much fun. Frost! Why didnt you tell me to drop everything and just go play Jean before! Im blaming you for this.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you have a spare Pym's Shrinking you can throw on him, I would suggest powering through till 44 so you can equip it. That along with his spirit aura alleviate nearly all spirit issues. It sucks that so much of the character's worth is tied to a single artifact, but it really does change his flow into something much better.

inky

I have the advance pack tho, so I was getting them with splinters (because what else am I going to spend them on) but now that I found out about those hero packs, I kinda feel like buying the Thor one because it comes with marvel now costume which I want bad for him when I play him eventually

LOL, I forgot about Nova. I'm definitely getting him too.

I love that costume on Thor, one of my favorites in the whole game for sure (which include several for Thor :p) You should go for it.

If you have a spare Pym's Shrinking you can throw on him, I would suggest powering through till 44 so you can equip it. That along with his spirit aura alleviate nearly all spirit issues. It sucks that so much of the character's worth is tied to a single artifact, but it really does change his flow into something much better.

I only have the one Pym's, and I was debating who to put it on. I thought of RR or Spidey, but I haven't had as many spirit problems with either as I had with NC. I think the only other character I've had it worse with is Wolverine, and add to that his rage (or whatever) is so awkward to use too.

I'll consider it if I get another one, but I'm not necessarily getting NC to 44 any time soon either. I'd need another 200% exp weekend for that to happen.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
How many points can you put into a skill at a given time? I'm reading conflicting things 20 or 40?

Also, I tried to put points into skills but all of them cap at 18. I'm level 36. Is it also tied to character level?

I've been playing with skills on gear this whole time and there are definitely 2 skills I feel comfortable putting points into now.

inky

20 points is the max. And yes, ranks are tied to the character level. If you hover over a skill that is currently capped at less than 20 points, it should tell you at what level the next rank becomes available.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
20 points is the max. And yes, ranks are tied to the character level. If you hover over a skill that is currently capped at less than 20 points, it should tell you at what level the next rank becomes available.

Thanks. So you can never go past 20, even with gear? Wonder how those folks got 40 then. Or is it 20 from points then another 20 from gear?

Vecks

40 is probably the absolute max with gear. I haven't reached it yet to confirm. I think the highest I have reached on a character is 38.

Rhaknar

Last year valentine sale was jean and Cyke right? I don't see any scenario where the heroes I'm missing are on sale :/

Blank!

40 is the max skill you can reach. 20 points is the max amount of skill points you can put into any 1 skill. And 20 is the max amount of +skill points you can have for any one skill.

So even if you have +25 to a certain skill with your gear, it caps out at 20.

Gothos

Having a lot of fun with my DD. I even bought Armored costume for him and it looks absolutely awesome...

I also have terrible luck with him regarding uniques :< LvL 45 now and haven't found one specifically for him - crazy bad RNG :) Can't wait for his review this month, especially after learning that he's supposed to have combo system!

Vecks

Just started the game with Black Widow, any tips? I'm aiming at Wolverine

Tips in general?

Use whatever powers you feel are fun. Don't worry about builds because the game is pretty easy.
On that note--Never buy retcons (resets power points), either for real money or splinters. You can get a retcon from playing story mode (1 from each difficulty, so 3 total for each hero). And they drop fairly frequently.
Save eternity splinters to buy heroes.
Do legendary quests when you hit level 20.
Do terminals for cube shards to trade for fortune cards from the vendor.
Don't sell stuff for credits, just donate anything unwanted to level up your Crafter first.
Never buy SIF and RIF boosts for real money. They don't help much.
STASH tabs almost never go on sale, so don't hold your breath.

KePoW

Banned
Tips in general?

Use whatever powers you feel are fun. Don't worry about builds because the game is pretty easy.

This is the most important tip any newcomer should have. Don't worry about min-max'ing in this game, you can pretty much use any build/powers for the Normal difficulty.

Just started the game with Black Widow, any tips? I'm aiming at Wolverine

max (20 points in each):
rolling grenades, your main attack
painful precision
red room reflexes
superior intel

rest is up to you
micro drones is ok, snap shot is a good basic, stinging barrage is solid, but those 4 above max

don't be afraid to use retcons and test skills/builds, they are fairly common and you get 1 from each difficulty as a quest reward

Rhaknar

Tips in general?

On that note--Never buy retcons (resets power points), either for real money or splinters. You can get a retcon from playing story mode (1 from each difficulty, so 3 total for each hero). And they drop fairly frequently.
Don't sell stuff for credits, just donate anything unwanted to level up your Crafter first.

this post should be on the OP :)

Tips in general?

yeah that kind of tips!
where do I find terminals? what are fortune cards? Is there a wiki where can I find the answers?

Vecks

yeah that kind of tips!
where do I find terminals? what are fortune cards? Is there a wiki where can I find the answers?

Sadly, all the wikis don't seem to be very updated.

You can find and access all content in the game through the way points. Just jump into a way point, and at the top there are tabs for different things. Tier 1 terminals become available for your hero around lvl 20ish.

Fortune Cards are normally something you buy with cash shop funds that offers one random item. It's like gambling. Most commonly, you'll receive stuff like timed SIF, RIF or XP boosts, visual artifacts, and retcons. But the rarer items you can get include stuff like costumes that aren't even available to buy in store (which is the real purpose of them).

At the moment, there are four types, Mark 1-4. Each one offers different rewards. Mark 1's are the only ones you can get for free because they can drop in game and you can get them from the cube shard vendor.

Rhaknar

flying around with the fire aura thing as Jean is awesome. I can see how some would find it boring, I find it hilarious :p

Rhaknar

Any piece of gear that Hero is able to equip (including rings, insignias, and Uru gear).

Ooooh uru gear goes on hero stashes? Good to know, I have a few now

Curious to know what the valentine gifts will be, hopefully some sort of sale too

inky

Any piece of gear that Hero is able to equip (including rings, insignias, and Uru gear).

Adding to this, things like rings, uru items and insignias don't need to be bound to a hero to be kept in a hero stash (things like artifacts do) so, for example, I'm using my Squirrel Girl stash as a dedicated ring stash, and some others as my dedicated Insignia Stash because I don't play those heroes often or keep much gear for them.

Just something to know to make the most out of your less used hero stashes =)

Well damn I got enough cube shards from the daily login gift to get another Fortune Card. Haven't even used more than 20 so far.
I actually got the Days of Future Past Wolverine costume!!!!

I don't even have Wolverine! fml
Not planning to buy any more characters with cash outside of a few exceptions so time to grind Splinters I guess.

I was planning to hoard them all until I figured out when and how much Psylocke is going to be. Guess I just need to grind for even more!

Rhaknar

Well damn I got enough cube shards from the daily login gift to get another Fortune Card. Haven't even used more than 20 so far.

Not planning to buy any more characters with cash outside of a few exceptions so time to grind Splinters I guess.

I was planning to hoard them all until I figured out when and how much Psylocke is going to be. Guess I just need to grind for even more!

dat luck. friend of mine got ironman stealth from the card and he barely gets any too lol.

On Jeanie, no point in putting more than 1 point in corona correct? you only really want the 25% dmg reduction, the health lost per pheonix point is a moot point if you can keep a steady pheonix point stream?

Same for the ressurection but that one is a obvious one point wonder

dat luck. friend of mine got ironman stealth from the card and he barely gets any too lol.

On Jeanie, no point in putting more than 1 point in corona correct? you only really want the 25% dmg reduction, the health lost per pheonix point is a moot point if you can keep a steady pheonix point stream?

Same for the ressurection but that one is a obvious one point wonder

Yeah, I have had good luck in this game.
I even got a Hero token drop(Black Widow) back when those were a thing.

RNG usually shines upon me for some reason. =)

...in everything except PSO games. They hate me.

Vecks

Congrats. I've used hundreds of cards by now and still haven't gotten a costume.

Rhaknar

hey rhaknar, I tried messaging you in-game a couple days ago, not sure if you could see it. to play together

I replied, was when I got back from work and I wasnt playing much before hitting the sack. I work the graveyard shift so I have weird times

edit: and usually in these type of games (like mmos) im a very fast leveler and I like to keep my own pace. Ill gladly do cosmic terminals and raids eventually at 60, but lvling is a bit of a solo thing for me :/ nothing personal ^_^

Also, why did I just do doom tier 2 legendary? what a waste of time, takes so long

inky

Just took a glance at the site store and damn, that Scarlet Witch pack is an awesome deal. When did that happen? Her 2 best costumes (imo) and her stash for $10 is just great. Daredevil's is similarly great value. Why didn't I buy that instead of buying the costumes on the store separately? *kicks past self in the butt*

I'm not joking when I say that I kinda wish I didn't get her for free back at launch now. Heck, even when I did, and the only thing I didn't own was one of the costumes, I'd seriously consider getting it. Her stash, an extra token and a costume for crafting surely are worth the $.50 difference vs buying just a costume for 950 Gs.

Shit.

Top Bottom