• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I got Deadpool unmasked as my first ever Card drop, then a bunch of retcon devices (like 5 or 6)...and now I'm on a string of useless vanity clouds/mists.

V_Arnold

Hm...decisions, decisions.

I am about to get Scarlet Witch to lv54-55 region. Already have a lv57 unique glove for her, and beside the cosmic chest, I am full unique (scarlet witch uniques as well) in the main gear slots.

On the other hand, I will soon have my 400 shards to buy Ms Marvel.
Should I buy instantly and switch again (started as Colossus), or should I at least get to the point where I am able to farm cosmics with Wanda?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone getting massive lag tonight? its basically unplayable, and its not on my end because everything else is running fine

edit: got booted and now its working fine, /shrug

Hm...decisions, decisions.

I am about to get Scarlet Witch to lv54-55 region. Already have a lv57 unique glove for her, and beside the cosmic chest, I am full unique (scarlet witch uniques as well) in the main gear slots.

On the other hand, I will soon have my 400 shards to buy Ms Marvel.
Should I buy instantly and switch again (started as Colossus), or should I at least get to the point where I am able to farm cosmics with Wanda?

Get SW to 60 for the experience bonus first then make use of that on Ms. M.

Also why am I seemingly the only person who can't get SW uniques to drop? >_>

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finishing up heroic on Loki, on chapter 9 decided to try a sorcery heavy spec, and...I hate it. Enthrall is single target, I thought it was aoe like scarlet / emma / jean mind control, the snare dot is not a location aoe, but a orb that flies and needs to hit something first, bouncing is still good but I was using it in my illusion spec anyway. So yeah, that was a bust (still killed Kurse tho), I might try an ice build, I havent actually used any of the ice spells yet (although the last one is only 47 and Im 42)

Also, I bought Luke Cage with splinters, now I only need Cap, Logan and Torch (and Nova >_>)

edit: also got a unique for Jean (on Loki so there goes the rumor that you dont get uniques for other heroes out the window) so now I have 2 for her when she gets up to higher levels

Vecks

Looks like Marvel Heroes is getting a tiny bit of traction on steam. According to Steam Charts, Avg and Peak Players are the highest since July. Not by much, but at least it's a sign of growth.

Well, last night was pretty chuggy on the server side. It was basically unplayable when I first logged on, but improved about an hour later.

Deadpool is at level 31 now. Had some great runs last night in Midtown and knocked over a few of the Legendary mission things.

While I was running around in Midtown last night, I got two Fortune card drops! (I'd never seen one of these drop before), and after defeating the Brotherhood, Magneto dropped like 10 Eternity Splinters, so that was a pleasant surprise too.

Loving God Mode, Server Lag and Shoot All the Bullets.

Great character and I'm definitely going to try to get him to level 60.

Quick question, should I switch to Heroic mode now? Still rocking Blue/Purple gear, but I very rarely get knocked down. The next Legendary mission requires Heroic mode, but am I better off sticking around Midtown/Terminals and grind a bit more?

inky

Looks like Marvel Heroes is getting a tiny bit of traction on steam. According to Steam Charts, Avg and Peak Players are the highest since July. Not by much, but at least it's a sign of growth.

That's nice. Game has had great word of mouth in the past couple of months, but it could definitely be higher over there.

Vecks

Quick question, should I switch to Heroic mode now? Still rocking Blue/Purple gear, but I very rarely get knocked down. The next Legendary mission requires Heroic mode, but am I better off sticking around Midtown/Terminals and grind a bit more?

You should switch, even if you don't plan on following the story. People won't be able to invite you into midtown parties otherwise because party invites only work if you're in the same difficulty. Switching is quick and easy anyway, so you can always switch back whenever you need to.

Oh, another question. I got a Vibranium Ore costume core drop in Midtown as well.

It says a level 10 (or higher) Crafter is required. My Crafter is level 10, but I can't add it to DP's costume. Only gives me an Adamantium slot.

Is the Vibranium one unlocked later? It's useable now (ie. I make the level requirement), so I'm a bit confused as to why it won't add.

You should switch, even if you don't plan on following the story. People won't be able to invite you into midtown parties otherwise because party invites only work if you're in the same difficulty. Switching is quick and easy anyway, so you can always switch back whenever you need to.

Ohh, you can switch back? Cool, thanks.

Is it that much harder?

And I guess the XP rewards and such are higher of course?

KePoW

Banned
Oh, another question. I got a Vibranium Ore costume core drop in Midtown as well.

It says a level 10 (or higher) Crafter is required. My Crafter is level 10, but I can't add it to DP's costume. Only gives me an Adamantium slot.

Is the Vibranium one unlocked later? It's useable now (ie. I make the level requirement), so I'm a bit confused as to why it won't add.

There are several different types of costume cores. A hero can only use one type. DP uses adamantium, whereas Captain America uses vibranium. (from what I recall, as examples)

Vecks

Difficulty only applies to the Story mode, and it's not really harder, it's just designed to keep up with your hero level, so you'll always have part of the story that is appropriate for your level.

GManDH

Hey guys i want to stream on twitch some gameplay, but also want to talk while playing. anyone want to join or do some kind of skype call while we play thing??

Finished NC and Thor/Bill to 25 today. I'm probably going to do Deadpool next just to have him out of the way. :p

Also why am I seemingly the only person who can't get SW uniques to drop? >_>

Haha don't worry, you're not the only one. It took me until around level 20 to get a full epic set for her, and I have yet to get a unique or a cosmic.
On the other hand, when I ran Black Widow up to 25, I got her unique gloves and 3 cosmic items for her. :p

Luck's gotta luck.

I see crying about it in the forums all the time

Items drop for all characters (including ones you don't own), but there's a significantly higher chance that items drop for the character you're playing. And since Unique drop% is already rather low.

The first unique I got was Gambit's Boots while playing Loki, and I got a Ms. Marvel unique (the flight suit) while playing Loki as well, so...

There are several different types of costume cores. A hero can only use one type. DP uses adamantium, whereas Captain America uses vibranium. (from what I recall, as examples)

Ahhh.. that answers it then. Would have been nice if the Vibranium Core had a list of characters it's useable with (or it would just show up as unuseable when you're active with Deadpool or someone who can't use it), but as least I know now haha. Cheers.

Difficulty only applies to the Story mode, and it's not really harder, it's just designed to keep up with your hero level, so you'll always have part of the story that is appropriate for your level.

Sweet. Sounds good, thanks.

(or it would just show up as unuseable when you're active with Deadpool or someone who can't use it)

That actually should happen. It shouldn't even let you craft a costume core into a costume of a character it's not compatible with. At least when I, not knowing the different cores, tried to craft an adamantium core into a Loki costume, it just wouldn't let me.

That actually should happen. It shouldn't even let you craft a costume core into a costume of a character it's not compatible with. At least when I, not knowing the different cores, tried to craft an adamantium core into a Loki costume, it just wouldn't let me.

Sorry, I mean the actual red border+ lock icon thing (like when you have an item drop with a level requirement higher than your current level).

Right now, with DP's inventory open, it looks like I can use the item, i.e. it looks like I meet the requirements.

Of course when I go to the Crafting window it only shows the image for (I presume) the Adamantium Core, but I just assumed I hadn't unlocked the Vibranium recipe yet, as opposed to assuming I just couldn't use it at all.

LuuKyK

good news, even though i have no idea what his powers are.

From Wiki:

Star-Lord is a master strategist and problem solver who is an expert in close quarter combat, various human and alien firearms, battle techniques and has an extensive knowledge on various alien customs, societies and cultures, as well as various knowledge about cosmic abstracts such as Oblivion.

As Star-Lord, Peter Quill wears a suit that grants augmented strength and durability and the ability to travel through space. The character also uses an "Element Gun," a special meta-pistol capable of projecting one of the four elements (air, earth, fire and water). Star-Lord also shares a psychic link with his sentient space vessel, "Ship."

The Ship is actually a sapient energy form. She most often exists in the form of a starship, but can alter her structure at will. She can travel through air, space and water. She possesses many of the conventional starship accessories, including shields, energy blasters, advanced sensors, replicators (able to form any kind of food, drink, etc.), and hologram projectors. She has proven capable of creating a human form, which she can then animate and use as a host. Even if completely destroyed, she is capable of restoring herself, since her true form is her consciousness. In addition, she takes on a number of feminine characteristics, such as a mothering instinct for those she is partnered with. She has felt deeper attachments, including love for her partners.

Ship can create Widgets—small, mobile droids able to scout out situations, gather information, and then return to her. The full extent of Ship's abilities are unknown.

Sounds kinda boring tbh, but I am sure Gaz will find a way to make him interesting.

inky

I wonder if they will give him the rest of the team as summons, like they've been fond of doing to many characters, or with the advent of team-ups, just have his ultimate be the full team, but no individual or persistent summons.

Gothos

For me Star-Lord is bascially a space cowboy and it they make him like that - Gunslinging elemental pistols, party buffs, maybe some summons (Cosmo!!!) - it will be enough for me. Plus, he has one of the baddest costumes ever - that alone will be worth of admission price :D

Star-Lord2.jpg

Just fucking amazing!

Rhaknar

Starlord was confirmed months ago, he is a part of the advance pack.

In case this is news for people, these are also confirmed and part of the advance pack:

Moon Knight
Dr. Strange
Psylocke
Invisible Woman
Silver Surfer
Magneto
Juggernaut
Venom

and 2 more still unannounced

LuuKyK

Looks cool I guess. I just dont like the head part much, but otherwise he looks pretty awesome. I have to admit though that I know almost nothing about the character, so its hard for me to get excited about him. Strange + Psylocke + Sue Storm to follow though... I am already excited. lol I really love this monthly character release they committed to. Gaz has been amazing in handling the game. To think of how not hopeful I was at the start of the project.

Starlord was confirmed months ago, he is a part of the advance pack.

In case this is news for people, these are also confirmed and part of the advance pack:

Moon Knight
Dr. Strange
Psylocke
Invisible Woman
Silver Surfer
Magneto
Juggernaut
Venom

and 2 more still unannounced

One of which is pretty much guaranteed to be Rogue at this point.

Also, Beast and X-23 are going to be coming out as 200 splinter characters, probably sometime during this year, but they weren't added to the advance pack because Gaz felt like 200 splinter heroes aren't high enough value to be sold in a highly priced pack like the Advance pack.

And, of course, Nova is slated for mid 2014 release, though not part of the Advance pack.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
blade could be the other non advance pack hero. doomsaw said recently they are not sure but if he doesnt come this year its definatley early next year

GManDH

i didnt hear bout Beast and X23. Nova is suppose to come in the same patch that will add more story. Friend told me he is big in GoG universe, so maybe a GoG story. Cool to hear bout star lord as who he is. I think that every GoG will be a team up, even RR, since they claim there will be over 200 team ups and we may see roaster characters as team ups as well.

P.S. anyone care bout playing and streaming gameplay to twitch?

Rhaknar

if that black costume is the second we get in the advance pack thats disapointing as shit, a color swap, really?

edit: also I bet 99% of the players will use the black costume because Batman

edit: man the 50s always bum me out :(

It's not a mere color swap. A lot of the details have been changed. The black suit has padded armor and gloves, while the white suit has a rugged cape and spiked knuckles. It's more detailed in differences than a lot of other costumes. <_<

They also decided to pick the black one because most of Moon Knight's costumes are white and have very minimal design changes, and they wanted a visually distinct alt for his starting costume.

Rhaknar

It's not a mere color swap. A lot of the details have been changed. The black suit has padded armor and gloves, while the white suit has a rugged cape and spiked knuckles. It's more detailed in differences than a lot of other costumes. <_<

They also decided to pick the black one because most of Moon Knight's costumes are white and have very minimal design changes, and they wanted a visually distinct alt for his starting costume.

none of those details matter when youre playing, zoomed out its just a black version of his default. thats my opinion of course. Although to be fair Moon Knight is a hard character to do costumes for anyway like you said, unless its one where hes in boxer shorts while his armor holds up a building >_>

by the way Moon Knight patch should be soon-ish, so any word on the Daredevil review? new spells and what not? Im still annoyed that Widow and Panther reviews were delayed to march

edit: nvm the Daredevil review is actually up on the test center. Any gaffer familiar with old DD tried it?

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/69402/daredevil-52-review-notes#latest

You can say the same about a lot of costumes, though, like Punisher's or Iron Man's. At least those 2 Moon Knight suits are completely different colors, so it's very easy to distinguish between them.

If you check his costume suggestion thread on the forums, which lists all of Moon Knight's costumes, you'll quickly see that most of his costumes are white with the hood and barely any visual differences.

There's a few where he isn't wearing the hood and a facemask instead (Ultimate, Stealth), and a few where he's not wearing any costume at all, and the ones that are really visually distinctive are those where it isn't Marc Spector inside of the suit.
I think the black suit we're getting is much cooler than basically any of those listed there. Except Dino Knight. I want Dino Knight.

Moon Knight looking great.

Switched to Heroic difficulty last night with my DP and did a few more of the Legendary Missions. Level 35. Bagged another couple of Cosmic items last night, but both were not really big improvements on my purple gear (lower defense/damage, no RIF/SIF but obviously the +1 to all powers and the other stuff is a nice bonus).

Getting a nice (small) collection of Cube Shards and Odin Marks now.

Should I save all these up for big stuff, or spend on little things?

Rhaknar

Moon Knight looking great.

Switched to Heroic difficulty last night with my DP and did a few more of the Legendary Missions. Level 35. Bagged another couple of Cosmic items last night, but both were not really big improvements on my purple gear (lower defense/damage, no RIF/SIF but obviously the +1 to all powers and the other stuff is a nice bonus).

Getting a nice (small) collection of Cube Shards and Odin Marks now.

Should I save all these up for big stuff, or spend on little things?

I only use cube shards on MK I cards, and Odin marks on Legendaries

Top Bottom