• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Okay thanks.

Still a long way off being able to buy a Legendary with the Odin Marks, but I wondered if there was any value in Enchanting.

I'll just keep saving 'em!

keep in mind I have a lot of heroes so I prefer to buy legendaries for them than to do the blessings, that and I havent really focused on gearing up at 60 yet

GManDH

The Marvel Heroes Test Center is now live with the S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Simulator as well as the Daredevil and Human Torch Design Reviews!

If anyone plays test center please let me know. Stream a video, record a video, or just tell us here. The Holo Sim could be a huge part of MH going forward.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait what, human torch review? Where did that come from?

Rhaknar

They didn't have to do much work on him because he already was good and fluid, which is why they did him.
Also, design summary for him as well (since DD already was posted).

They should have done ironman too in that case. I'm not complaining btw, just surprised :)

LuuKyK

What's Holo-Sim?

I played it for a bit. Looked like a harder/alternative X-DEF (works the same way, with waves etc). Oh, and it only allows two players (lvl 60 required). Some different missions like saving citizens and such. Not a great addition, not bad either imo. Ok I guess.

I really like Daredevil rework. And Human Torch is such a beast. Definitely interested in buying him in the future after playing him on TestCenter.

Daredevil Noir costume and Throg were added with the patch -

VnqFSds.png

n7lD4C1.png

Rhaknar

Why would you reskin the danger room, that's iconic. Shield holo whatever is nothing, except more bullshit movie/tv show plugs

LuuKyK

That Daredevil costume is so awful. lol

Throg is adorable though, his animations in-game are so awesome.

Would never pay money for that though.

Rhaknar

If I knew his review was soon I would have gotten torch instead of Luke cage the other day. Oh well

Just got 60 with Thor and switched to nightcrawler. Wow! Talk about different play styles. It's really satisfying to bamf in on someone and punch them. Can't wait for moon knight though.

Why would you reskin the danger room, that's iconic. Shield holo whatever is nothing, except more bullshit movie/tv show plugs

Because, to quote Doomsaw:
It's the Danger Room renamed to be more accurate to what we're doing with it.

The Danger Room will come in the future and have a different experience to it.

Seriously, stop always assuming the worst shit.

Also, SHIELD holo training room is iconic as well. Just cause you don't know the interior of the Helicarrier doesn't mean it never appeared. :/

Rhaknar

Because, to quote Doomsaw:

Seriously, stop always assuming the worst shit.

Also, SHIELD holo training room is iconic as well. Just cause you don't know the interior of the Helicarrier doesn't mean it never appeared. :/

im trying to figure out the part where I always assume the worst shit, I even went back and read my posts... is this because of the moon knight costume?

anyway, good to know that danger room will be made into something else at least

edit: random loot from just being near mobs being killed is hilarious, was walking by in midtown and a fortune card popped lol. was just a 1 hour boost tho :( XP at least yay

Lord Phol

The DD-rework sounds amazing, gonna have to try that out when I get home today.
Moon knight is looking really slick as well. Don't think he'll be main-material for me but it will be interesting to see how he plays.

Gothos

After playing around on TC DD rework is hit-and-miss in some points. Also, some powers are bugged so let's wait for more finished build. Oh and I saw Moon Knight for a few second in Avengers Tower. I quickly launched store to see if I missed him being put onto TC and then he vanished :D Looked good, though, wish I screenshoted him...

LuuKyK

After playing around on TC DD rework is hit-and-miss in some points. Also, some powers are bugged so let's wait for more finished build. Oh and I saw Moon Knight for a few second in Avengers Tower. I quickly launched store to see if I missed him being put onto TC and then he vanished :D Looked good, though, wish I screenshoted him...

I think I saw it too! lol Also on TC Moon Knight is already on the synergy list thing.

Rhaknar

good patch next week(ish?) with MK and 2 reviews. I got another unstable molecule in midtown, now I have enough for a costume again... this costume shit is ridiculous, remind me to never go to Vegas >_<

I really feel like getting the last 3 hero packs I need and be done with it.

A) I would have more costumes to toss in the blender and B) all the splinters would be for upcoming stuff not in the advance pack (Nova or some other surprise hero, and they said team ups use splinters aswell)

edit: saw this:

"Update for you all:

The Lore mission changes I mentioned in a previous post (moving them to their own chapter in the Log, and setting them to once per Account) is currently on Test Center. We've encountered some defects, however, so we're trying hard to make this a smooth transition.

There's a small chance that players will need to run the Lore missions one last time, and then they'd be done for good, but we're attempting to get some new code in that can prevent this.

Thanks for all the feedback, as always!"

what constitutes a lore mission anyway? any quest that does NOT give a reward basically?

LuuKyK

Yeah, I have no idea what they mean by Lore mission in that context. I played the latest patch on TC and didn't even notice anything different in that regard.

inky

Lore missions are the ones where you just talk to someone and get some information or back history on the characters/teams/universe, like when you speak to Wonder Man, She-Hulk or Psylocke.

They are moving them to be 1 time per account deals, so that you don't have to repeat them 3 times per character just to fill up your mission log.

LuuKyK

Lore missions are the ones where you just talk to someone and get some information or back history on the characters/teams/universe, like when you speak to Wonder Man, She-Hulk or Psylocke.

They are moving them to be 1 time per account deals, so that you don't have to repeat them 3 times per character just to fill up your mission log.

Oh thats awesome! After reading them for the first time they really become useless and a waste of your time, so I am glad Gaz is doing this.

i didnt hear bout Beast and X23. Nova is suppose to come in the same patch that will add more story. Friend told me he is big in GoG universe, so maybe a GoG story. Cool to hear bout star lord as who he is. I think that every GoG will be a team up, even RR, since they claim there will be over 200 team ups and we may see roaster characters as team ups as well.

P.S. anyone care bout playing and streaming gameplay to twitch?

I assume they will try to time it to go along with the movie just like they timed the Asgard/Loki release with the 2nd Thor film.

So, a cool thing about getting every character to 25 one by one is that you learn how different they play. Last character I've been doing has been Hawkeye, and holy crap is he squishy, but his damage is just ridiculous.
And so was my luck with him, I found 3 uniques (the shades, the bow and the thing that replaces the chest piece).

Anyone with Gambit advice? I can't figure out a good build with him. I've used so many retcons to try and figure him out but I can't. His DPS seems crappy, his movement is lacking versus the other heroes I've played and he's squishy. I have him at 47 and if I can't get anything going that I enjoy by 50 then I'll have to give him up.

Anyone with Gambit advice? I can't figure out a good build with him. I've used so many retcons to try and figure him out but I can't. His DPS seems crappy, his movement is lacking versus the other heroes I've played and he's squishy. I have him at 47 and if I can't get anything going that I enjoy by 50 then I'll have to give him up.

Max Royal Flush, Sleight of Hand, and Ragin Cajun. Drop a single point into Cheat Death, Savate Expert and Black Suits. From there you'll need to choose between hybrid or pure ranged. If hybrid, get Grand Slam, and if you want pure ranged get Ace of Spades for some AoE (you can spend remaining points as you please). For ranged you'll want to stand far enough away from your main target that Royal Flush's explosions at the end of the throw become your main point of damage. You can get multiple explosions on the same target which makes his damage pretty high. If you have spirit problems and have a Pym's Shrinking, toss one on him. Also Lumeria relic works wonders for survivability. For melee just keep Black Suits up with RF and spam Grand Slam.

And I need a good Emma build. Cant seem to find one that makes her enjoyable. Her melee/crystal tree is so meh. ://

Max Torment, Psychic Blast, Psychic Mastery, Drain Psyche, Kneel Before Me, and Inspire Minion. Drop a point into Astral Bolt for your regen and Unlock Potential for a small damage CD. Keep Inspire up as much as you can for good AoE and to keep enemies on your pet almost all the time. Then put up your Torment and P. Blast dots up and nuke with Drain.

Rhaknar

bought Wolverine and Torch with Gs from card money (lol) and now I just need Captain which Ill probably just get the bundle because I want Marvel Now costume

and then Ill be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

edit: Moon Knight bundle pre-sale is live

Got my first Unique last night. Very pleased. It was a good +100 dmg over the Cosmic blades I was using.

knrThbJ.jpg

Also got a few Adamantium Cores last night, so my default costume has +20% sif now.

Did the Doom terminal last night and handled it fairly easily, so I'm pretty happy with my skill choices and DP's durability.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Everybody!

We have another livestream scheduled for this Friday @ 3pm PST / 6pm EST / 11pm GMT.

Ryolnir plans to play some Moonknight and S.H.I.E.L.D Holo-SIM!

This livestream will be less formal and less focused on spoilers.

We do plan to do giveaways in the twitch chat. Periodically, we will randomly select a winner from chat for a Random Hero or Random Costume box, there will NOT be a keyword required to enter.

awesome

LuuKyK

The Storm costume you can buy from Clea (I think) is easily the best one for her. I really really like it.

Hours left for that? And is there a link to the stream? I have no idea where it takes place (twitch?).

Edit: Nvm, found it. Awful timing. Wont be able to watch it. -_-

Max Torment, Psychic Blast, Psychic Mastery, Drain Psyche, Kneel Before Me, and Inspire Minion. Drop a point into Astral Bolt for your regen and Unlock Potential for a small damage CD. Keep Inspire up as much as you can for good AoE and to keep enemies on your pet almost all the time. Then put up your Torment and P. Blast dots up and nuke with Drain.

Thanks, I will try that one.

GManDH

thats 144 cards. not too bad, just a shame to see that much gold go on cards. i kind of wish i wouldve bought the Colo Jug costume, but we will see what happens.

Rhaknar

thats 144 cards. not too bad, just a shame to see that much gold go on cards. i kind of wish i wouldve bought the Colo Jug costume, but we will see what happens.

144 cards is a lot of rarity boosts :eek:

Jtrizzy

So there is no way to up the difficulty from the begging? My friend and I started from level one with Storm and Punisher, but the enemies are so easy he's not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped. I'm level 10 and am not leveling my powers at all yet still crushing everything in sight.

shock33

While I prefer playing the ranged Gambit build above, I found it a royal pain in cosmics. I've switched to a melee all in build and maxed hp and found survivability pretty good now. It is pretty boring though, and the bugginess of all in drives me nuts

Vecks

So there is no way to up the difficulty from the begging? My friend and I started from level one with Storm and Punisher, but the enemies are so easy he's not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped. I'm level 10 and am not leveling my powers at all yet still crushing everything in sight.

No, even if you did up the difficulty it wouldn't work out, because it's not really a difficulty setting in that way. The difficulty is just to allow people to go through the story content at higher levels, and I believe it's because the game was originally designed for lvl 30 to be end-game.
It's roughly designed like this:
Normal story = 1-30
Heroic story = 30-45
SHeroic Story = 45-60

The game is meant to be easy, so it might not be your cup of tea, but if you do want to stick with it, the only way I know for it to be more challenging is to rush through the story. So, basically, don't bother hanging around the map or doing side quests. Just go straight for the chapter boss, as fast as you can. You'll notice that enemies have a color next to their name. Green means it's at a near equal level to your hero. Orange will be what you should aim for. When they are orange, they will naturally hit harder/take less damage.

Rhaknar

Loki at 60 so that makes 10. And I got Cap bundle (Marvel Now costume is awesome) so thats the full roster. And I got a 40&#8364; tip today at work. Not a bad day :p

Loki is...ok. He`s not Squirrel Girl tier, but he`s deffinately not among my faves. Still feels like a shittier Rocket to me (who IS one of my faves). Lady Loki costume is one of my favorites tho. He joins Cyclops and Hawkeye on characters that are alright, but Ill probably not touch when everyone is 60 and Im focusing on end game.

edit: started playing Luke Cage, awesome first impression. Pets (which I love), and since Im suprisingly into melee in this game, plus some really cool animations (I love the dampsey roll finisher you get early on, looks awesome). Speaking of the combo system, I like it a lot, really different dynamic from the rest of the heroes Ive played so far (I believe they gave Daredevil a combo system in the review aswell?). Oh and his dash is nice, very important a nice dash (you hear that squirrel girl / hawkeye?)

The only thing I can see from looking at the trees is a lack of spell/moves variaty, I dont see much I want to use (except of course the car throw!). But yeah, really enjoying him so far at lvl 13 (which was to be fair just 1 x-def, its ridiculous the amount of xp you get in there at low level)

Lord Phol

From my experience Heroic and Super Heroic can be alot tougher. I usually breeze through Normal but always die a couple of times on those two difficulties (unless I'm super overleveled). Mutates in particular are crazy.

Cosmic Terminals, Loki and hopefully Raids are also what I would consider challenging compared to the rest of the game. Really enjoying soloing cosmics on my Nightcrawler, takes a bit of skill to get in and get out without dying.

GManDH

From my experience Heroic and Super Heroic can be alot tougher. I usually breeze through Normal but always die a couple of times on those two diffciulties (unless I'm super over levled). Mutates in particular are crazy.

Cosmic Terminals, Loki and hopefully Raids are also what I would consider challenging compared to the rest of the game. Really enjoying soloing cosmics on my Nightcrawler, takes a bit of skill to get in and get out without dying.

it depends who you play. when i played as Hawk i died i think 30 times in H and 50 times in SH, and i still havent completed the story. IMO, loki is a pain in the well you know. Raids are something i am definitely looking forward to, however i am someone who wants to get uniques, as many as possible. I hope they have a place where you can get uniques at least 10% of the time. xdef is weird. last night got 2 uniques in 1 run, without using any boosts, today spent 2 hours with a boost and got nothing.

Top Bottom