• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

My Squirrel Girl is now level 44, but Im STILL using a level 2 Cosmic belt that I found for her!
It has +24 Spirit, 7% invincibility and of course +1 to all powers. Still the best thing I've found after all this time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The dummies are great buffs. I throw them out and collect them myself, and I also put a lot of points in them. Never underestimate Powerups.

might just put the left over points into it tho (so 9 I think), the healing dummy doesnt go above 10% health (the heal over time does tho but not alot), and the buff duration is always 7 seconds which isnt alot.

Think my range spec is down to the +40% to elites basic, more bullets passive, the channeled one as a spirit spender (unless its complete shit, I dont have it yet), lil pool, stink bomb, and healing factor. with 1 in teleport and the rest in power up

edit: OH SHIT! you dont need matrixes of unbinding to remove relics? fuck man, I could sware you did. that makes it much easier then, time to start removing that spirit one for every new hero

LuuKyK

I am holding off of playing the game because I want to dedicate myself when Psylocke comes out, and I am easily bored by MMOs in general, even the ones I like, so I am playing the game way less than I would like to. But it is for the best.

Ploid 3.0

might just put the left over points into it tho (so 9 I think), the healing dummy doesnt go above 10% health (the heal over time does tho but not alot), and the buff duration is always 7 seconds which isnt alot.

Think my range spec is down to the +40% to elites basic, more bullets passive, the channeled one as a spirit spender (unless its complete shit, I dont have it yet), lil pool, stink bomb, and healing factor. with 1 in teleport and the rest in power up

edit: OH SHIT! you dont need matrixes of unbinding to remove relics? fuck man, I could sware you did. that makes it much easier then, time to start removing that spirit one for every new hero

Good damage rating, defense, attack speed, and no cooldown so you could use it before a stink bomb or foot gougers. Also provides utility for party play.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh damn, Shoot All The Bullets is AOE, I thought it was a single target. Yeah Deadpool is quickly becoming one of my fave heroes lol.

Starting to have a lot of 30s now which is messing with my OCD, its fun tho, you get to 30 so fast and it gives a nice idea of most heroes (hell non-52 review heroes you get the full idea)

edit: was looking in the bank and I noticed the black widow costume I crafted was NOT the default, the icon just looked like it. its the classic, which looks slightly different (and better because it has some splashes of gold and its not all black). Thunderbolts still shits all over it, but at least I didnt craft a default as I thought

Blank!

shoot all the bullets is pretty underwhelming TBH. Deadpool ranged just doesn't have a good spirit spender.

Everything is kind of slow with deadpool. I find tossing powerups/lil deadpool/stink bomb just take FOREVER and none of the duration lasts all that long... throw in foot gougers and it doesn't leave much time to do much of anything in your rotation... god help you if you want to add lunge of doom to your rotation. You'd spend more time refreshing your debuffs/buffs than anything else.

Rhaknar

shoot all the bullets is pretty underwhelming TBH. Deadpool ranged just doesn't have a good spirit spender.

Everything is kind of slow with deadpool. I find tossing powerups/lil deadpool/stink bomb just take FOREVER and none of the duration lasts all that long... throw in foot gougers and it doesn't leave much time to do much of anything in your rotation... god help you if you want to add lunge of doom to your rotation. You'd spend more time refreshing your debuffs/buffs than anything else.

edit: I take it back, Shoot all the bullets with max points is awesome :p that plus stink bomb and blues just melt. Unless it scales horribly at higher levels of course.

I am holding off of playing the game because I want to dedicate myself when Psylocke comes out, and I am easily bored by MMOs in general, even the ones I like, so I am playing the game way less than I would like to. But it is for the best.

Haha, I feel the same about Dr. Strange. :)

KePoW

Banned
I disagree with Blank, I think SatB is fine for killing mobs of whites/blues. It's not meant to be a singular boss killer.

I don't use Powerups when soloing, but with other players around it's sometimes helpful.

Blank!

I disagree with Blank, I think SatB is fine for killing mobs of whites/blues. It's not meant to be a singular boss killer.

I don't use Powerups when soloing, but with other players around it's sometimes helpful.

I guess I just don't value that in an ability. Foot gougers does fine and killing whites/wrecking blues. But I can see the appeal if you're ranged only deadpool and aren't doing grenades.

KePoW

Banned
I guess I just don't value that in an ability. Foot gougers does fine and killing whites/wrecking blues. But I can see the appeal if you're ranged only deadpool and aren't doing grenades.

Foot Gougers is great too, but it's very limited range.

I use SatB a lot in Midtown, where you have mass mobs running around everywhere chasing other players, not just clumped around you.

Rhaknar

Morning Gaf. Hmmm what to do, continue my latest "level a new guy to 30ish" trend or go back to one of my now many 30ish.

Thinking of continuing the new guy to 30 thing to be honest, if only because it's fast and less comitment-y, and I'm due for a small break soon with Strider in a few days and then South Park in a couple of weeks (both already paid for so I will be playing them).

So let's see, I could play Daredevil / Widow / Panther just to get a sense how they were before the upcoming reviews soon, although I still would rather wait for the reviews first.

Or Cable / Thor which both seem right up my alley. Did Gambit get his changes (I don't mean the review, I mean the improvements they talked about)? I know he got his new face and darker trench coat but I don't think they did the new pass at his spells right?

Lord Phol

Man team-ups sound awesome! There's just so much content in this game that I feel like I'm never gonna be done or have time for other games! Finding this game feels like both a boon and a curse x.x.

Man team-ups sound awesome! There's just so much content in this game that I feel like I'm never gonna be done or have time for other games! Finding this game feels like both a boon and a curse x.x.

Yeah, this is the only game to come into my life
that managed to derail my progression in Phantasy Star Online 2.

Part of it is just because I am such a whore for Marvel properties. Heh

I've decided to set myself an actual goal - try to level some (preferably all, but that'll take a while) of my heroes to at least 25. That way, I'll get exposure to all characters in the game and can see which ones I like the best, and also get their synergies. Eventually I want every character to be at 50 or maybe even 60, but that's far FAR away lol.

Aside from the characters I already had at 25+ (Loki, Luke Cage and Rocket Raccoon), I've now finished Gambit and Ghost Rider so far, as both of them were close to 20 anyway.
Currently doing Ms. Marvel.

I might be playing this game a lot more over the next few days.

Is there anybody else who can invite people into the super group other than inky? Because I'd like to join, and he literally just signed off as I was about to ask him to invite me lmao.

Edit: Nevermind, got a hold of inky in Steam. I'm in the supergroup now! :O

inky

Just as a side-note, something I forgot to say before was that the limit for the supergroup is 500, so yea... no problems on that end. :p

Rhaknar

ended up leveling Cable to 30 (well, 31) this morning, as usual finished normal including Loki. He`s...alright. Its a easy character to enjoy, but I think he needs some serious work in his review, he has next to no options atm. From all the non review heroes I played, him and Thing are the ones that need a review the most.

Ended up going with the first basic, dmg/move speed aura, health regen passive, the charge shot, the channeled aoe and the aoe aura (of course). Teleport is once again amazing, and after deadpool and cable back to back, plus nightcrawler recently, it bums me out every time a character doesnt have a teleport now.

edit: forgot something about Cable. His chase costume looks a bit bland zoomed out (aka in gameplay view), its awesome zoomed in where you can see the arm spikes and shit, but when you zoom out its just a bland black costume, quite disapointed with that

Tried a little bit of Thor after, and visually he is already awesome early on, and unlike Cable, even without a review Thor seems to have too many options as it is, I predict a lot of retcons with Thor.

Got around to spending some money in this game on the weekend. Bought Deadpool and expanded a Stash tab with the remaining G.

Spent a large chunk of Saturday running through the game with DP, got him to level 21 now. He's fantastic. Especially back-to-back with my Hawkeye run, there's a lot of similar game play, but DP is just soooo much more durable and fun to play.

I love the quotes and one-liners he drops all the time. "More like Scarlet Biiiiheeeeeey didn't see you there!", "I honestly didn't expect you to play this long. Seriously, you need a life." and the little Oregon Trail throw back "You have died of dysentery".

Got lucky at like level 4 with a set of Cosmic pistols.

Been great so far.

Had amassed ~200 Eternity Splinters so I decided to to a random Hero grab from the vendor. Scored Jean Grey, so I'm pretty happy about that - seen all the Pheonixes flying around, looks like good OP fun. So she's next.

LuuKyK

Finally found some time to join the Steam group and the in-game Super Group. I am now part of the team, yay! Trying to level up my Storm again (left Emma a bit, I still can't seem to enjoy her all that much sadly, because I like her as a character).

Edit: Oh, and btw I added some of you guys on Steam. If I didn't, you can add me, same username from here, just search me on the steam group. :)

I don't understand that dysentery line on Deadpool, what does that mean??

Have you ever played Oregon Trail? It's a really old simulator of the American settlers that went from the East Coast to the West Coast in hopes of more opportunities. You have to go hunting, make decisions what to do with your trail, basically try to survive the journey. And one of the most common causes of death there are sicknesses, first and foremost dysentery.

I don't understand that dysentery line on Deadpool, what does that mean??

oregon-trail.png

It's a meme based on a common way to die in Oregon Trail. Click here for an explanation of what it is (I'm not posting it).

KePoW

Banned
Oh haha thanks guys, I've never heard of Oregon Trail. Is that a recent indie game in retro style or something?

(edit) -- Whoa nevermind, I just looked it up and it was a video game that came out in 1971. Wtf, and all of you guys played it?? Yall are some seriously old fogeys!!!

Rhaknar

Oh haha thanks guys, I've never heard of Oregon Trail. Is that a recent indie game in retro style or something?

(edit) -- Whoa nevermind, I just looked it up and it was a video game that came out in 1971. Wtf, and all of you guys played it?? Yall are some seriously old fogeys!!!

You don't need to play it to know the meme

I played it on the ooooold Apple II, my first computer. That was back in the late 80's.

Making me feel old, man! Haha..

There were a million versions of the game (and several sequels which are basically the same game). I played the DOS version with full color graphics...so I'm old, but not OG Oregon Trail old.

Vecks

I think I played the DOS version too in the early 90's. It's the only game I remember playing in the elementary school computer lab.

Lord Phol

Sooo I think I'm gonna leave my current guild and join you guys. Just wanted to check if there's been any talk about raiding, or mostly if there's any interest in it?

Also, are there any EU-peeps besides me?

Rhaknar

4 heroes left, all 400 splinters. I have 370ish splinters, thinking of getting either cap or wolverine just to toss their default costumes in the blender (when in reality who I actually want is Cage). What have you done to me Inky?

LuuKyK

I think I am kind of addicted to X-Def. Help. lol

Got two Uniques for Storm and about 4 Splinters in each match. I am about 20% SI drop now with what I currently have, but I just got a costume core with 20% so thats about to go up too. Hopefully with all that I start to get more Splinters. I am having a lot more fun with the game now that I am reaching the 40s, but then again I think thats because I really like Storm, I will probably not enjoy as much with the other characters I have (Emma, Rocket Racoon, Wolwerine and Thor).

Not sure who to level up next. I will probably go with Emma, even though I have no idea how to actually play with her, at least she seems better than the others I currently own. lol

KePoW

Banned
I think I am kind of addicted to X-Def. Help. lol

Got two Uniques for Storm and about 4 Splinters in each match. I am about 20% SI drop now with what I currently have, but I just got a costume core with 20% so thats about to go up too. Hopefully with all that I start to get more Splinters. I am having a lot more fun with the game now that I am reaching the 40s, but then again I think thats because I really like Storm, I will probably not enjoy as much with the other characters I have (Emma, Rocket Racoon, Wolwerine and Thor).

Not sure who to level up next. I will probably go with Emma, even though I have no idea how to actually play with her, at least she seems better than the others I currently own. lol

Thor is really good and easy to play.

Rhaknar

surprising lack of news lately, I guess when you have the devs spouting out stuff on a daily basis, when they go a week with nothing new you find it weird :)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I hope he's fun. NC is really boring to me and I've barely played the game the past week. I'm really looking forward to Strange though, hope they come up with some cool stuff for him and not just repurposed SW spells.

Rhaknar

I hope he's fun. NC is really boring to me and I've barely played the game the past week. I'm really looking forward to Strange though, hope they come up with some cool stuff for him and not just repurposed SW spells.

barely played this weekend myself, just a bit to get cable to 31 on friday, sometimes a little break is good, it doesnt mean we are done with the game or anything. its funny, reminds me of vanilla WoW where I was "afraid" to say I wasnt playing or something, like I HAD to play. Actually thats not funny at all but yeah, you know what I mean.

Resumed today with going back to Loki, got him to 38, fucking around with too many 30s was driving my OCD insane. Im digging my range with illusions spec, now with bouncing bolt. hoping the dmg on the illusion explosion thing is good, wont have it for 4 more levels.

I actually played a bit of nightcrawler again today, just doing some legendaries and got 1 level, yeah hes not the best is he? I think the teleport implementation is fine, he just doesnt have a lot going for him. I dont know much about Moon Knight so Im not expecting much, I have high hopes for Strange tho, hes up there with Magneto and Jugger naut for me in the most wanted from the Advance Pack.

Lord Phol

What you guys be crazy!
NC is super rad, might even take GRs place as my current main.
Agile Strike+Blink Strike+Righteous Fury synergise really well, and it's great fun weaving them together to archieve that perfect balance between spirit regen, damage and buff uptime. Add the stealth, mobility and awesome visuals for a spectacular hero!

Currently level 60 with him, he got my second Legendary (another Gugnir) and so far I've been steamrolling through the high level content without much trouble at all.

Yeah, Nightcrawler is really fun, although I haven't played him much yet.
Today I've focused on getting Ms. Marvel and Black Widow to 25, followed by getting Scarlet Witch up to 20. Once you hit that, grabbing the last 5 levels is easy with legendary quests, luckily (tho I'm tired so I won't finish her tonight).

I'm not sure yet whom I'm gonna do next - Thor and Nightcrawler both are fairly high on my want-to-do list.

My biggest goal is to get Thor to level 50, but I really want to play Nightcrawler before Moon Knight comes out. I would really like that 30% bonus XP from Thor at 60 but I don't know if I can do it.

LuuKyK

I just had a Mark I fortune card drop out of some enemy... Didn't even know that cards dropped. lol Pretty cool, it even gave me an artifact with fire visuals. Will save it for other character though, already have one on Storm.

Rhaknar

I just had a Mark I fortune card drop out of some enemy... Didn't even know that cards dropped. lol Pretty cool, it even gave me an artifact with fire visuals. Will save it for other character though, already have one on Storm.

they drop alot, always with their rarity boosts in them, stupid purple cups :(

Top Bottom