• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Hercules is a classic Avengers member, and should be fairly easy to make (basically another one of those tanky type of characters we have with Thing, Colossus, etc.), so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as a 200 splinter hero after X-23 and Beast.

Personally, I want Mr. Fantastic, Monica Rambeau, Vision, She-Hulk, Brother Voodoo and playable Lizard and Doctor Doom. I'm not a particularly big fan of Reed, but I think his powers could prove insanely cool.

Alas, we'll likely get 500 X-Men before Monica or Voodoo make it into the game. :p

Also, I don't mind X-Men being added at a regular rate, I just feel like they get WAY too much attention at all times. Because people would continue asking for X-Men even if the rest of the year's characters were Psylocke, Rogue, Iceman, Dazzler, Beast, X-23, Magneto, Juggernaut, Mystique, Pyro and Sabretooth. Basically, as someone who isn't a big fan of the X-Men, if the vocal majority had their way, I would have basically 0 characters to look forward to, and I feel like other parts of the MU should get at least as much, if not more, attention than the X-Men.

V_Arnold

RNG loves me in this game.

Got a lv55 Gloves of Infinite Entropy for Scarlet Witch a while ago.
Then a lv57 version dropped.

Now I got a Cosmic and a Unique (Death Seed, Lv57) in a random green terminal run as well. Was wondering about Unstable molecules, one dropped in the new gamemode as well. All is well.

Oh, and Ms Marvel is great, but I do not have the patience for one more levelup yet.

Lord Phol

Not a big fan of goofy characters mixed with normal ones in games and comics. I guess they work fine as pets and maybe team-ups. Hercules I like though!

I like goofy characters. I mean, we're talking about comic books here. Where people put on their underwear over a body suit and jump around beating up evil weirdos that also wear their underwear over their clothes.
Rocket Raccoon, She-Hulk, Hercules, and similar characters all are ridiculous and goofy in their own way, and also have this self-awareness that makes them really funny. This is also why I don't mind Doop - he's an alien. He just looks silly, but he's not goofy for the sake of being goofy.

On the other hand there's characters like Deadpool or Howard the Duck that ARE goofy for the sake of being goofy, and those are characters I'd rather not have lol.

How would they do Doop's voice?

Just gibberish that everyone can seemingly understand...

Not a big fan of goofy characters mixed with normal ones in games and comics. I guess they work fine as pets and maybe team-ups. Hercules I like though!

Hercules is also a goofy character. This is Marvel we're talking about here, there's almost always a goofy character mixed in.

When I'm beating down wave after wave of mooks, a little bit of humor makes that process a little less tedious. I would love to play as Doop wearing a Wolverine costume who spits out a hundred mjolnirs as his signature move. That just sounds fun to me.

Lord Phol

Well there's goofy and then there's goofy. Hercules is a pretty comical character most times, but he can be serious too and doesn't stand out too much when paired up with other heroes. Doop and Howard on the other hand are just way too silly for my taste and seeing them together with Wolverine or Captain America just feels wrong to me.

It's kind of the same whenever batman and superman pair up. But it's just my opinion.

How could you not have Deadpool in this game??

He's a walking pop culture reference, and the humor is 100% not my type.
Out of Deadpool's vast in-game lines, there's 2 lines of his that I enjoyed, one is a reference to Queen lyrics, and the other one is when you level up a skill and he says "I like learning. Because knowledge is power" - and it's not the line itself, but the way he says it that makes it funny to me.
Otherwise, every single thing he says in the game grates my nerves. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wasnt Doom in the Future Foundation, thus breaking the "we only put villains that were also heroes at one point" rule?

Doom has worked on the good side on several occasions, though usually only if it fit his own agenda. Which, in the end, actually is favorable for Earth, because he wants to rule over it, not destroy it, so it's in his interest to protect Earth from outside threats. So once we get to cosmic/god level villains like Galactus, Dormammu etc., it's not entirely out of the question to have him be part of the roster. After all, he's one of the biggest Marvel baddies. Would be odd to have Loki, Magneto and Venom, but not Doom.
And yes, he was part of the Future Foundation, as well.

He certainly has more history of helping heroes than Loki (who also often has desired to destory Earth), whom I don't recall ever being a hero in the books, though there's a lot of comics so I could be wrong.

KePoW

Banned
He's a walking pop culture reference, and the humor is 100% not my type.
Out of Deadpool's vast in-game lines, there's 2 lines of his that I enjoyed, one is a reference to Queen lyrics, and the other one is when you level up a skill and he says "I like learning. Because knowledge is power" - and it's not the line itself, but the way he says it that makes it funny to me.

I LOVE DEADPOOL

Are you a super serious guy all the time?

Just busting your balls =P

Even "hello, hey, listen"? I love hearing that in the player hubs :)

Im now level 47 with (my green prestiged) Widow. Her rolling grenades are ok but nowhere near as cool as her detonated explosives were... before the nerf. I really want that old power back.
I love using her punches and kicks melee though. It looks a lot cooler than the knife melee, which never felt satisfying to me.

I rolled a random costume last night. Got Colossus' Phoenix Force. While it looks nice, its not as pretty as the last Colossus outfit I rolled (the orange and black one), so I might throw the P5 one in the blender at some point.

I've been playing some Daredevil yesterday and man, he's just an absolute monster now. I actually expect some nerfs (even though I'd prefer if they didn't :p).

4QGYrw0.jpg

From today's running.

Having an amazing run with DP. Pretty much solo'ing everything now. Super Heroic difficulty has been great so far.

Can't wait to hit 60 so I can start on the Cosmic stuff.

Mainly doing Legendary Quests now to save up the Odin Marks for a Legendary item. Hopefully have my first one in the next week or so.

Rolled another Hero today with my 175 Splinters. Got Cap. Haha, about the only Hero I didn't want! Oh well..

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing some Daredevil yesterday and man, he's just an absolute monster now. I actually expect some nerfs (even though I'd prefer if they didn't :p).

What's you level/build? Mine's low 30s and I can't seem to not die. I also don't like the combo points system, too much micro management imo.

Also Moon Knight is on TC.

What's you level/build? Mine's low 30s and I can't seem to not die. I also don't like the combo points system, too much micro management imo.

He's level 25 now. He's really squishy, but I put some health regen on hit/enemy kill on him.
I maxed out the jumping strike and rebounding club, and I leveled the nunchuk sweep basic attack as soon as it unlocked (at like level 18?) to replace the first one with. Also one point into Action Roll to quickly get out of the way of stuff.
I also put some points spread across his passives, though I put the most into the one that increases melee damage.

I solo'd entire boss waves in Midtown. If it gets too hot, I run around to dodge the bosses, using Rebounding Club (which also deals dumb damage), and if I have enough health to get in close again, I build up the combo points with the nunchuks until the combo bar is full (or mostly full), then jumping strike for massive damage.
I have died a few times, particularly to bosses that are capable of stunning me in either AoE fields or the oneshot abilities (e.g. Gorgon + Bullseye, or Magneto with Pyro/Sauron/Juggernaut).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as soon as you get Born Again at 30 youll never die again, its amazing even with just 1 point

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Moonknights voice actor is Robin Atkin Downes which did his voice in spiderman web of shadows game too.

I love Moon Knight, such an underrated character because of him being considered Marvel's Batman ripoff. Not sure I would pay big price tag for him, will he start out as a 600 splinter hero?

Wallach

I love Moon Knight, such an underrated character because of him being considered Marvel's Batman ripoff. Not sure I would pay big price tag for him, will he start out as a 600 splinter hero?

Nah, he'll be 400. He's not in great shape on TC though, so they'd better design their ass off in the next week.

Moonknights voice actor is Robin Atkin Downes which did his voice in spiderman web of shadows game too.

Wasn't he playable in that game, too? I really have to get that one, it's the only one of the 3 non-movie Spider-Man games I don't have.

He's going to be 400 splinters.

LuuKyK

Played with Moon Knight on TC yesterday and he is such a meh character. His design, his attacks, his trees... Just not appealing at all (well at least for me). I know its not the final build, but he is probably the worst hero so far imo.

inky

That sounds super disappointing.

I haven't had chance to play properly all week because apparently there's a real life where stuff needs to get done or I don't get to pay my bills =(

Hopefully next week will be a bit less hectic.

Rhaknar

Im looking forward to MK as much as any hero that gets a review, Ive learned to not judge a book by its cover (Im loving DD and he was like my least wanted hero along with punisher for example).

that being said nothing ive seen of MK seems terribly exciting to be fair, so im having a big wait and see aproach. then again I own him from the advance pack so its not like I have to decide to buy him or not

edit: also, DD is about to join Rocket in my short list of lvl 60s with no uniques :(

Rhaknar

Yeah MK has very little going for him at the moment. Except that insane signature.

whats his signature, ryolnir didnt want to say what it was on the stream. feel free to spoiler tag it for ppl that dont want to know i guess

LuuKyK

How do all of you know what MK is like already... you guys are all on the TC?

Yeah, I tested him yesterday on TC. Why don't you download it too? I thought everyone here had it. Its pretty good to test things out and experiment. Just download the client and let it update for awhile.

KePoW

Banned
Yeah, I tested him yesterday on TC. Why don't you download it too? I thought everyone here had it. Its pretty good to test things out and experiment. Just download the client and let it update for awhile.

I've never been on the TC or downloaded it before. Dunno how it works, but I guess it's a completely separate install and takes up double space?

Kinda sounds like a pain, but I dunno.

LuuKyK

I've never been on the TC or downloaded it before. Dunno how it works, but I guess it's a completely separate install and takes up double space?

Kinda sounds like a pain, but I dunno.

Well, I don't know how it works either (space wise). lol But yeah, its a separate client, so I guess it downloads everything again. You use the same username/password though.

I left it downloading overnight and when I woke up it was done. But yeah, if you don't feel like wasting any space just to test things out I guess its kind of useless.

I like it because I really don't feel like wasting my money on heroes/costumes I end up not liking, and videos and reviews don't really tell the full story imo, so I like to test things out myself (when there is a choice, like in MH's case).

whats his signature, ryolnir didnt want to say what it was on the stream. feel free to spoiler tag it for ppl that dont want to know i guess

It's nothing that's really worth keeping a secret. Its a punching attack that you have to mash 20 times within a short time frame, and at the end you get a big finisher attack. What makes it crazy is that the damage is through the roof. It's somewhat balanced by the fact that you're stationary while punching so moving enemies will lower your output.

Rhaknar

It's nothing that's really worth keeping a secret. Its a punching attack that you have to mash 20 times within a short time frame, and at the end you get a big finisher attack. What makes it crazy is that the damage is through the roof. It's somewhat balanced by the fact that you're stationary while punching so moving enemies will lower your output.

yeah mobs and bosses move way too much in this game for that to be effective I think

Rhaknar

How good/bad is this game? I never knew it was free to play, I'm downloading it now.

why would people in the OT of a game say its bad? why would we be here :p

anyway, if you arent into marvel, you wont get much out of it is my opinion. its a very easy / relaxing diablo style game, with emphasys on detailed heroes (detailed as in their pwoers and manerisms).

to quote a friend of mine:

"started marvel heroes, everything dies in 1 hit, why do you like this again?"

LuuKyK

How good/bad is this game? I never knew it was free to play, I'm downloading it now.

You like Diablo? You like Marvel? If yes, its almost guaranteed you will like the game.

About my personal experience with it, to give you some perspective: I hardly ever have the will to keep playing MMO's, but I really just want to keep playing this for some reason. I think thats due to the fact that the devs keep adding content constantly to the game (new heroes every month, hero reviews, new areas, items, rewards with every update), it just gives me the impression that every month I am playing a vastly different and improved game.

So there, thats how I see it. I would really recommend it regardless. Btw, if you need any help in-game just ask. You can add me on Steam if you want. Same username.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that the game is fairly easy. It doesn't bother me honestly. It gets challenging later on honestly.

It's terrible. Don't play it.

Oh you.

spoken like a true addict. btw inky, Daredevil makes 11. Come at me bro!

Time for Torch methinks

Dude, I logged in yesterday (or so) you were level 40 or something, and I was 49. Today I logged in and you were 50 while I am still 52 doing only legendary quests. Wtf. ~_~ Stop using EXP boosts, you are making me feel slow. :pP

why would people in the OT of a game say its bad? why would we be here :p

anyway, if you arent into marvel, you wont get much out of it is my opinion. its a very easy / relaxing diablo style game, with emphasys on detailed heroes (detailed as in their pwoers and manerisms).

to quote a friend of mine:

"started marvel heroes, everything dies in 1 hit, why do you like this again?"

You like Diablo? You like Marvel? If yes, its almost guaranteed you will like the game.

About my personal experience with it, to give you some perspective: I hardly ever have the will to keep playing MMO's, but I really just want to keep playing this for some reason. I think thats due to the fact that the devs keep adding content constantly to the game (new heroes every month, hero reviews, new areas, items, rewards with every update), it just gives me the impression that every month I am playing a vastly different and improved game.

So there, thats how I see it. I would really recommend it regardless.

Oh you.

Dude, I logged in yesterday (or so) you were level 40 or something, and I was 49. Today I logged in and you were 50 while I am still 52 doing only legendary quests. Wtf. ~_~ Stop using EXP boosts, you are making me feel slow. :pP
Wait, this is a loot game like Diablo? I thought it was an MMO more like WoW... *drools* I think I'm going to love this game.

And there's plenty of negative people in OTs, this is old enough that maybe there wouldn't be many still lingering but you can be addicted without thinking it's amazing. :p Do a lot of gaffers play together at all? How hard is it to unlock new characters? I want to play as cable but not pay fees to unlock him.

Edit: I also downloaded it off of the marvel site... Any benefit to downloading from steam instead?

LuuKyK

Wait, this is a loot game like Diablo? I thought it was an MMO more like WoW... *drools* I think I'm going to love this game.

And there's plenty of negative people in OTs, this is old enough that maybe there wouldn't be many still lingering but you can be addicted without thinking it's amazing. :p Do a lot of gaffers play together at all? How hard is it to unlock new characters? I want to play as cable but not pay fees to unlock him.

Edit: I also downloaded it off of the marvel site... Any benefit to downloading from steam instead?

Yeah, its more like Diablo. Nothing like WoW. lol

We do have a GAF Super Group (this game's clans or whatever they are called in other games). inky is the boss so just send a message to him in game if you want to get in. But... I don't think we play together all that much :p People are overall way too obsessed in leveling up their characters I guess. But I wouldn't mind making a party to level up some characters I never bothered playing. :)

Unfortunately Cable is not a starter hero (these are: Luke Cage, Punisher, Captain America, Black Panther, Black Widow, Human Torch, Colossus, Storm, Hawkeye). He costs 400 splinters (the game currency to buy heroes) and those drop quite frequently, but it would take some time, yeah. Or, you can test your like and buy a random hero box that costs 175 splinters.

I downloaded it from Steam because of the auto updates. Don't know if there is another advantage for doing so.

Rhaknar

I only use them at 50+, although this time i used more (the 1 hour on top of the 2hour one) because I have a few from the cards

also, I had 10 lvl 60s (11 now) so that helps :p

Torch lvl 12, seems cool, that 4 aoe is so pretty

I'm finding it super lonely in my current level (53). I was literally the only one in Midtown last night. Makes killing the bosses a looong task haha!

I heard they updated their launcher, but my experience with it before the Steam version was available was that it's really clunky, and hard to interface it with Steam. I'd suggest getting the Steam version instead because of the auto updates, easier interface and also generally quicker DL times.

I'm finding it super lonely in my current level (53). I was literally the only one in Midtown last night. Makes killing the bosses a looong task haha!

I've been soloing Midtown in the 20-25 range the past 3 days lol.

Rhaknar

I still think that solo midtown shit is a bug on the instance alocation, there is a ton of people in the hubs and in some midtowns, and then you happen to be alone in a midtown?

LuuKyK

My midtown runs are always filled with people to the point that the game takes some massive fps drop. lol

Edit: I am level 53 btw. But I dont remember ever soloing on midtown. That sounds weird.

Rhaknar

My midtown runs are always filled with people to the point that the game takes some massive fps drop. lol

Edit: I am level 53 btw. But I dont remember ever soloing on midtown. That sounds weird.

the best part is when youre chatting with a friend who is on a populated midtown and youre in a obvious empty one >_> and the other isnt full because you can port to him if you party! its weird

I've been soloing Midtown in the 20-25 range the past 3 days lol.

Hmm, maybe it's a weird server thing then. Most of Saturday was fine though, plenty of people to the point of absolutely killing my PC haha..

I still think that solo midtown shit is a bug on the instance alocation, there is a ton of people in the hubs and in some midtowns, and then you happen to be alone in a midtown?

That's pretty much it. Populated Avengers Tower, Xavier School etc, then jumped into Midtown and ran around by myself for 20 mins doing a Legendary Quest.

Even later on when I went back to do another, there was only one other person in there, a Thor, who left fairly quickly.

That's usually what I get too.

Top Bottom