• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I do recommend doing the story missions just to get the bonuses they offer. There are a few power points that are the most important but you also get health & spirit bonuses, a ret-con device, and a couple of useful-ish artifacts for lower level characters. Yes, it is a bit of a chore, but for me the benefits outweigh that.

I am well aware of the rewards that the story mode has, I have been playing this game since Beta. The benefits for me are non-existent for characters I don't plan on ever playing again after reaching 60 with them, though. Especially since going through story is REALLY slow. Like, ridiculously slow. And repetitive as fuck.
I will play through story mode with characters I'll be taking into endgame content.

Plus, the health bonus is not really worth mentioning (what was it, +5 health for each of them? lol).

That's until you realize Ricochet is the only power you end up using, then Cyclops becomes kinda un-fun again =P

That's okay, I am not opposed to lopsided builds.

Hit 57 last night with Deadpool.

Hopefully be at 60 in the next night or two. Getting close!

It's finally done!

iMwYTHyPnZFuI.jpg

Every hero in the game at level 60 now, for a 200% Hero Synergy Bonus XP.

What a wild ride it's been!

That is insane.

Well done!

Blank!

I am well aware of the rewards that the story mode has, I have been playing this game since Beta. The benefits for me are non-existent for characters I don't plan on ever playing again after reaching 60 with them, though. Especially since going through story is REALLY slow. Like, ridiculously slow. And repetitive as fuck.
I will play through story mode with characters I'll be taking into endgame content.

Plus, the health bonus is not really worth mentioning (what was it, +5 health for each of them? lol).

If you wait till 60, it's about an hour to blow through the story if you know what you're doing. Much less time if you're only concerned with quests with rewards. I'm OCD and have finished all story missions on 5? or 6 sixties and a few 50's. It's not that bad.

A Zigg will get you around fast enough, a character with all the chapters unlocked can zoom you right to the end boss on most of them. A few are a bit tedious (Chapter 3/7) but others are a breeze (chapter 5 is like 5 minutes tops).

As for the bonuses, it's 375 health, 12 power points, and 60 spirit for going through each difficulty... plus some potions/artifacts.

As for the bonuses, it's 375 health, 12 power points, and 60 spirit for going through each difficulty... plus some potions/artifacts.

Damn.

Yeah, gonna definitely do this on my Deadpool when I hit 60.

I've done the story more on Normal, but will go back through on H & SH.

KePoW

Banned
If you wait till 60, it's about an hour to blow through the story if you know what you're doing. Much less time if you're only concerned with quests with rewards. I'm OCD and have finished all story missions on 5? or 6 sixties and a few 50's. It's not that bad.

A Zigg will get you around fast enough, a character with all the chapters unlocked can zoom you right to the end boss on most of them. A few are a bit tedious (Chapter 3/7) but others are a breeze (chapter 5 is like 5 minutes tops).

It's still not worth it for a character that you won't play again.

I'm glad I'm not OCD haha

Blank!

It's still not worth it for a character that you won't play again.

I'm glad I'm not OCD haha

Of course not, but then again, I think it's pretty silly to bother playing a character you have no interest in in the first place :p Synergy bonus isn't worth that much, especially after what... 5 characters? But hey, maybe that's just your own OCD :p

I hate the night time city level with the racist humans and the Sentinels ("human rights are for humans!").
I always lag badly there.

Here's the trick to chapter 5: Get a character with the warp to the base with lady deathstrike, warp out, switch characters, warp in, clear last room. Warp to old train station on first character, warp to sewers, change characters, warp in, kill Juggernaut.

Bam, all of chapter 5 complete.

KePoW

Banned
Of course not, but then again, I think it's pretty silly to bother playing a character you have no interest in in the first place :p Synergy bonus isn't worth that much, especially after what... 5 characters? But hey, maybe that's just your own OCD :p

I'm a huge Marvel comics fan, so I actually like most of the characters. I definitely didn't do it for the synergies, usually I forget even activating them. I played every character to experience Marvel heroes in a video game.

But it's not feasible to play all of them after hitting 60.

Vecks

Finally, my first costume drop! Found Dark Phoenix while playing Jean.
I'll cherish this costume forever ;_;

You done good, Iridium Boost. You done good.

KePoW

Banned

Whoa sweet!

Do you run a phoenix build though? If so you'll never see it haha

Vecks

Whoa sweet!

Do you run a phoenix build though? If so you'll never see it haha

Yeah, I'm using phoenix right now, but I'll stop using phoenix once I hit 60. I thought there'd be at least a minor difference in color in phoenix form, but I can't see any difference at all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My Jean is pheonix build and every time I'm in a hub I turn it off (granted she's only 32)

Here's the trick to chapter 5: Get a character with the warp to the base with lady deathstrike, warp out, switch characters, warp in, clear last room. Warp to old train station on first character, warp to sewers, change characters, warp in, kill Juggernaut.

Bam, all of chapter 5 complete.

Thanks. I dont usually bother with story mode, but I'll keep that in mind.

Someone else getting a costume drop? Congrats. I am very jealous though.
Where did you get it from? A boss or just some grunts?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Advance Pack 2 for 2015 ideas, (using logic instead of silliness) go!

My 12 would be (I'm assuming Rogue and Mr.Fantastic will be the last 2 in this year pack)

- Doom: model in game, was in FF
- Elektra: model in game, often a hero
- Taskmaster: model in game, at least a Deadpool style anti hero (and he's Wade's buddy)
- Iceman: how he is not in the game already baffles me
- Blade: they flat out said he's coming
- Magik: they flat out said she's coming
- Vision: model in game, will be in Avengers 2
- Ant Man: has movie coming out, major avenger missing from game
- Domino: we have seen her picture so we know she exists
- Beast: they flat out said they are working on him during off times
- X-23: they flat out said they are working on her during off times
-She-Hulk: model in game, and I love the character :(

This pack would be a bit cheaper than the first one since they said beast and x-23 would be 200 splinters heroes.

LuuKyK

My 12 would be (I'm assuming Rogue and Mr.Fantastic will be the last 2 in this year pack)

- Doom: model in game, was in FF
- Elektra: model in game, often a hero
- Taskmaster: model in game, at least a Deadpool style anti hero (and he's Wade's buddy)
- Iceman: how he is not in the game already baffles me
- Blade: they flat out said he's coming
- Magik: they flat out said she's coming
- Vision: model in game, will be in Avengers 2
- Ant Man: has movie coming out, major avenger missing from game
- Domino: we have seen her picture so we know she exists
- Beast: they flat out said they are working on him during off times
- X-23: they flat out said they are working on her during off times
-She-Hulk: model in game, and I love the character :(

This pack would be a bit cheaper than the first one since they said beast and x-23 would be 200 splinters heroes.

Doom - Yes please.
Elektra - YES! PLEASE!
Took way too long already.
Taskmaster - Why? Copy character, and we will probably have Rogue stealing others powers already.
Iceman - Not sure. Would be way too similar to storm.
Blade - Ok.
Magik - Sure.
Vision - Cool.
Ant Man - Obvious choice. But still. Meh.
imo
Domino - Eh, ok I guess.
Beast - Yes, please.
X-23 - Yes, please.
She-Hulk - Eh, I don't want to offend your favorite(?) character so: Ok, I guess. :p

I would really like to see Cloak, Dagger and Blink in this game. Would trade any of the above for these three. :( Any chance of any of those appearing? I think Dagger was mentioned as a possible playable character in the past, and she even has an in-game model already. Sooo... please Gaz.

Alright, if we're assuming Rogue and Reed are the last 2. Beast, X-23 are confirmed as 200 splinter heroes, and I'm sure She-Hulk and perhaps even Gamora and Domino are going to be 200 splinter heroes, so they probably wouldn't be in the Advance Pack 2.

- Blade
- Iceman
- Magik
- Dazzler
- Quicksilver
- Vision
- Ant-Man
- Nick Fury
- Doctor Doom
- Moonstone or Taskmaster
- Elektra
- Domino or some other X-Men character to shut up people complaining about too little mutants in the pack

So, very close to what you are suggesting. :p

KePoW

Banned
I would really like to see Cloak, Dagger and Blink in this game. Would trade any of the above for these three. :( Any chance of any of those appearing? I think Dagger was mentioned as a possible playable character in the past, and she even has an in-game model already. Sooo... please Gaz.

I'd definitely be down for Dagger and Blink.

Also would like Crystal, Black Cat, Polaris, Silver Sable, M (Monet St. Croix), and of course Kitty Pryde

Gothos

OK, I said "Fuck it" and decided to get Pym Shrinking. Paid 1 Hela blessing for almost perfect rolled one and finally can say goodbye to spirit issues. Definetely worth it, that artifact is so good...

Irobot82

I hope MH's will get an online character database like D3 that we can link to and share with our friends. It would be nice to see what my current build is and maybe make fantasy changes to how I want my build to be.

Rhaknar

soooooo.... Im not enjoying Human Torch. In fact, right now, Im activaly not liking him period, and Im not even 30 yet nor have I finished normal (lvl 29 so I dont have the signature). He is just too squishy, reminds me of cyclops or hawkeye. In this game more and more I prefer survavability to dps (in fact I always get the survavability passives on my heroes instead of the dps ones), and it doesnt help that I hate his voice actor and everything he says. Im struggling to even finish normal :/

Im hoping some of the later spells are cool but I wonder if I even have the fortiture to get to them, at least for now

edit: finished normal at 30, signature is underwhelming, died a bunch on Loki (normal Loki!), I know that fight isnt a good way to measure anything because its a horrible fight, but yeah, deffinately not enjoying Torch at all. Going to leave him at 30 for now, probably for a long time too and get back to him one day just for completion sake :/

KePoW

Banned
soooooo.... Im not enjoying Human Torch. In fact, right now, Im activaly not liking him period, and Im not even 30 yet nor have I finished normal (lvl 29 so I dont have the signature). He is just too squishy, reminds me of cyclops or hawkeye. In this game more and more I prefer survavability to dps (in fact I always get the survavability passives on my heroes instead of the dps ones), and it doesnt help that I hate his voice actor and everything he says.

His voice and personality seems exactly how his comic character would be, lol... at least what I would imagine.

Hit level 59 last night with my DP.
Ended up doing the Doom Legendary Quest last night as it's costing too much to reroll them all the time haha, so progress was a bit slower.

Got a Thor Destroyer Armor costume drop in Midtown as well, so that'll be cool if/when I get Thor. Also got a Unique for Punisher. Nothing particularly special for DP though, so he's not changed much since I played the other night.

Should hit 60 hopefully tonight.

LuuKyK

Ended up doing the Doom Legendary Quest last night as it's costing too much to reroll them all the time haha, so progress was a bit slower.

Got a Thor Destroyer Armor costume drop in Midtown as well, so that'll be cool if/when I get Thor. Also got a Unique for Punisher. Nothing particularly special for DP though, so he's not changed much since I played the other night.

Should hit 60 hopefully tonight.

Yeah, I hit 57 last night with Storm and its starting to drag a bit. I swear I always get the tedious Legendary quests first, gotta keep rerolling them all the time. -_-

I got one EXP boost from a card yesterday but it barely helped me level up one level and that was it. ://

I have no idea how some of you guys have the will to reach 60 with multiple characters. I admire your dedication. lol

KePoW

Banned

Got a Thor Destroyer Armor costume drop in Midtown as well, so that'll be cool if/when I get Thor.

Was that from a Fortune Card?

Rhaknar

Yeah, I hit 57 last night with Storm and its starting to drag a bit. I swear I always get the tedious Legendary quests first, gotta keep rerolling them all the time. -_-

I got one EXP boost from a card yesterday but it barely helped me level up one level and that was it. ://

I have no idea how some of you guys have the will to reach 60 with multiple characters. I admire your dedication. lol

well, having multiple 60s helps a lot with the xp synergy. but yes the 50s drag, I always use boosts in them (you get 3 50% boosts during the story that you can save for the 50s)

I was rerolling them, but it's costing a bundle now (not that I'm using coin at the moment, but still). I guess I'm not in a massive rush, I just want to be at 60 so I can start doing Cosmic Terminals and stuff.

Was that from a Fortune Card?

Yup!

Still hoping I get a DP costume eventually haha..

Rhaknar

I give up on having pre-determined thoughts on characters, Im shockingly enjoying Captain America (who I had 0 interest in) after the disapointment that was Human Torch. Reminds me of a more tanky Daredevil (who I also loved, and also had 0 interest in), even down to the vault thing (which is amazing, screw the charge).

Any Cap expert knows if shield moves do less damage if you dont have the shield on you (if its flying around from the bouncing spell for example)?

As far as I know, Cap does the same damage, regardless of his shield flying around or not. Would be odd to give a character a debilitating mechanic like that lol.

thought so, was just checking

They do. It's about 20% less damage just anecdotally from watching my numbers. It's the only downside to constantly bouncing your shield. But you can offset that by getting the damage boost from shield hits.

well shit

As far as I know, Cap does the same damage, regardless of his shield flying around or not. Would be odd to give a character a debilitating mechanic like that lol.

They do. It's about 20% less damage just anecdotally from watching my numbers. It's the only downside to constantly bouncing your shield. But you can offset that by getting the damage boost from shield hits.

I did something that I thought I'd never do: I saved up 600 splinters. Only 1200 more and I'll have all the characters in the game. Punisher, Black Panther, and Gambit left.

I got Spider-man to 60 last night. And I don't think I'll ever touch him again. He's been the least amount of fun I've had with a 52review character.

Wish I could trade you. The only costume I've gotten is the deadpool unmasked. I'd rather have the Thor one.

Trading would be nice.

Sweet, you have great luck considering you've only been playing like a week.

Yeah? So that's a fairly lucky one? Or you just mean to get a costume in general?

I give up on having pre-determined thoughts on characters, Im shockingly enjoying Captain America (who I had 0 interest in) after the disapointment that was Human Torch. Reminds me of a more tanky Daredevil (who I also loved, and also had 0 interest in), even down to the vault thing (which is amazing, screw the charge).

Cap was my random splinter unlock the other day and I also have 0 interest in him, but maybe I'll have to try him out.

Well that's just dumb, then. Other characters can do AoE damage on the side and "main" damage, but Cap isn't allowed to? Bleh.
I mean, I get the logic behind it (because ofc he doesn't have his weapon to attack with), but what a dumb mechanic - this is a game not the books. :S

Do many of you solo the Cosmic Terminals?!

Trying to gauge if my Deadpool is going to be tough enough, or whether I need to find a group.

Most seem to recommend Melee builds for DP but I've been favouring Ranged up to this point.

Are they that much harder?

Rhaknar

Moon Knight still isn't confirmed for this week right (although it's very likely)?

Rhaknar

He's slated for Friday unless they decide to postpone him last minute cause of the massive negative feedback.

Oh there's negative feedback on him (besides the few negative posts here in the thread)? Well that's a shame, then again people say Spider-Man (for example) is horrible and useless and I live him so big fat /shrug

Rhaknar

He is boring beyond words can explain. Really really awful. I question why they even chose to use him. Is he a fan favorite or something?

To be honest, how is he more boring than Daredevil? Or Hawkeye? Or any hero with no actual powers?

Top Bottom