• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
I will never prestige a hero. Think of all the work to level up your character to 60... all down the sink hole just for a name color change and a standard costume? :lol No.

Well no joke, I literally leveled a fresh prestige from 1 to 60 in about 8 hours of total real time. So I don't consider it too big a deal.

(with max 200% synergy XP bonus + both yellow boosts)

DrBo42

I will never prestige a hero. Think of all the work to level up your character to 60... all down the sink hole just for a name color change and a standard costume? :lol No.

Do you lose the XP bonus from the lvl 60 character when you prestige it?

KePoW

Banned
(~__~``)

Well, I wonder why its not a big deal in your case kepow.

I find it fun though on characters you like. I wouldn't do it on the classes I find boring.

For example on Luke Cage with a maxed out Legendary item, my crit chance is literally like 90% at level 1. It's hilarious destroying stuff at lower levels.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Loot changes sound great, especially the unique drop rate buff. Wonder if there's any event / buff for this weekend, they do so many it feels weird when there's nothing

Lord Phol

So ranged Moon Knight has a build that's literally just a better version of ranged Gambit (better versions of the exact same powers, and then some).

Screw you too Gaz.

Edit: Awesome post about the future of loot if ya'll haven't seen it yet.

Well Moon Knight is still being tweaked, and there are at least two more patches coming with changes on TC, so nothing is final yet. Gambit is also getting a bit of rework/rebalance (Dommsaw just changed to a Gambit Avatar) soon.

Stopping the timer on buff potions while you are in hubs, training room and PVP. (This tech should be testable in about 2 weeks).

Yes! This will help me so much, no more stress!
Also tried the new Diablo patch yesterday, and damn it's actually kind of fun now.

Found this well done video showing off Moon Knights skills, it's pretty hype:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/71668/moon-knight-fist-of-khonshu/p1
(Still not my kind of character, but could be fun leveling to 30 or so.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well Moon Knight is still being tweaked, and there are at least two more patches coming with changes on TC, so nothing is final yet. Gambit is also getting a bit of rework/rebalance (Dommsaw just changed to a Gambit Avatar) soon.

wait 2 more TC patches? so he`s NOT coming out on live tomorow?

wait 2 more TC patches? so he`s NOT coming out on live tomorow?

The patch is still probably Friday. There's one build going up at any time now, and another in the afternoon here (about 12 hours or so from now). From there it'll just be last minute bug fixes before release tomorrow.

Thanks for the insight on Moon Knight, guys.
I guess I'll just wait for Domino to see some new firearms.

Yeah storm is one of my least favorite heroes currently in the game, mainly because of her poor animations and visual effects :s. Don't undestand why she is so popular but I hope they do her right with the 52 review.

I like how efficiently she kills stuff, but I agree her animations (or at least most of them) are pretty poor.
I do like the new one they gave her though (for her 3rd basic attack), where she stretches her arm out and lifts it towords the sky. It looks pretty cool. I'd really like to see her get some cool animations for both Chain and Ball Lightning though.

Rhaknar

The patch is still probably Friday. There's one build going up at any time now, and another in the afternoon here (about 12 hours or so from now). From there it'll just be last minute bug fixes before release tomorrow.

ah ok. months of this, and still I hear "2 patches" and I think "2 weeks" lol

Gothos

Stopping the timer on buff potions while you are in hubs, training room and PVP. (This tech should be testable in about 2 weeks).

Finally! I always feel stressed when I just wanna hang out in Avengers Tower but I know my buffs are ticking away...

Gambit is also getting a bit of rework/rebalance (Dommsaw just changed to a Gambit Avatar) soon.

I wouldn't put my money on that, Doomsaw changes his avatars cause he likes changing avatars. He's particularly changed his location to something referring to Mardi Gras, too.

Rhaknar

I wouldn't put my money on that, Doomsaw changes his avatars cause he likes changing avatars. He's particularly changed his location to something referring to Mardi Gras, too.

but Gambit is getting a rework, theyve said it, regardless of Doomsaw`s avatar :)

His avatar and location are always teases about what's being worked on. Heck just earlier tonight he dropped a tease about Gambit's new signature (the MvC style Royal Flush), so we know it's related. The Mardi Gras reference is because that's the next holiday event in-game, and possibly when the Gambit mini-rework will release.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
doomsaw already said mardi gras event is coming with moon knight patch

also

Next Patch

X-Defense...

Duplicate waves should no longer occur.
Reduced hit points for many bosses including: Black Cat, Electro, Green Goblin, Madame HYDRA, Clone Cyclops, Clone Wolverine, M.O.D.O.K., Taskmaster, Venom.
Reduced hit points for many mobs including: MGH, Venom Symbiotes, Mindless Ones, Street Gangs
Venom Symbiotes have a lower maximum number of mobs that can be out attacking the students at any one time.
Increased hit points for Brood Hybrid bosses.
Mister Sinister's X-Men clones now drop appropriate boss loot and XP.
Fixed an issue with Doop's story notification text being inappropriately cut off.
Chests equal to 2-3 boss drops have been added to, respectively, non-split/non-boss waves and split/non-boss waves. The chest will always appear in front of the X-Mansion (with an edge pointer, notification, and visual ground effects) at the conclusion of the wave. **The mode will not continue until the chest is looted.** This chest is a replacement (and in terms of quality, an improvement on) the split wave chests.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Sim...

Duplicate waves should no longer occur.
Reduced Doop's hit points.
Rescuing Venom's victims will now grant XP.
Fixed bug with Brotherhood being killed rather than removed at the end of the wave. To loot the Brotherhood in this wave, players will now need to actually defeat the Brotherhood.
Increased time available to defeat M.O.D.O.K.
Fixed some issues with civilians not always fleeing immediately on wave completion.
Chests equal to multiple boss drops have been added to most waves (some exceptions exist for waves that already had a solid boss drop). The chest will always appear in the entrance to the mode (with an edge pointer, notification, and visual ground effects) at the conclusion of the wave. **The mode will not continue until the chest is looted.**

and moon knight is friday

"Next Patch"... for this Friday's (Moon Knight) patch?

Assuming the ginormous update I just checked in doesn't blow up the build...yes.

posted by heretic in seprate thread for xdefense and holo changes

talking about the chest and people not getting loot if not near area this was said

We're still looking into why this is even happening.

As a bandaid, the central location of the new chests and the fact that the mode will not continue until it is opened should hopefully reduce the incidence of this until we can figure out the underlying engineering issue.

Rhaknar

man tomorows patch sounds huge...

finished heroic on Luke, lvl 45 now. Car Throw is amazing (I love how its random cars too), I need to push it to 47 to get it with actual points instead of just rank 2 from gear. Loki was bullshit, as usual, I dont even care anymore, that fight is just completely stupid, I dont even try to do it properly, just brute force - die - brute force - die etc. I cant let the fight make me hate characters all of a sudden from dying over and over again which was happening before, now I just go in with a complete "i dont care about this fight" mentality

oh and I got a Unique... for Punshier. oh well :/

Rhaknar

So much stuff going on with this game, I don't know how I will have time for other stuff D:.
Just saw this post Enhanced Ghost Rider Costume coming. If it's blue flames Danny Ketch I'm gonna be crazy happy. Trail of Tears Horseman and Alejandra Blaze are my other two guesses.

post some pics of what it could be? I dont know any radical different looks for GR

Lord Phol

post some pics of what it could be? I dont know any radical different looks for GR

Sure!

Alejandra Blaze:
Code:
[IMG]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/15659/2258810-alejandra_do_i_look_crazy_ghost_rider_9.jpg[/IMG]

Danny Ketch:
Ghost_Rider_-_Danny_Ketch_Vol_1_4.jpg

Trail of Tears:

Out of those three I know that Ryolnir mentioned Trail of Tears being on the pipeline in a stream some month(s) ago. I also vaguely remember seeing a dev post about Alejandra being a possibility, thought I'm note 100% sure about that one.

Rhaknar

holy shit at that horse one, would be insta buy

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Any of you playing Diablo 3 now with that new patch? I'm kinda loving it, and had been feeling the burn in MH anyway, barely played the last 2-3 weeks (also because my second uni semester started after a 6-week break which consisted of me playing MH every day, pretty much). The game's improved a lot, but boy it does put it in stark contrast... took Diablo 3 like 2 years to do what Marvel Heroes does almost every month. But I just got kinda sick of running the same content in MH constantly, so I'm taking a little break.

Lord Phol

Yeah it's a big improvement, really enjoying it from the little I played yesterday. I'm not happy about how Blizzard is doing bussiness though. First botchering the PC version and releasing a superior Console version. Then making the PC version even better but leaving the console version in the dust. Kind of feel like not giving them my money, but will have to see. The expansion is looking pretty fun.

I tend to get burned out on MH as well at times, but since they keep adding so much stuff there's always something dragging me back every patch.

Gothos

Any of you playing Diablo 3 now with that new patch? I'm kinda loving it, and had been feeling the burn in MH anyway, barely played the last 2-3 weeks (also because my second uni semester started after a 6-week break which consisted of me playing MH every day, pretty much). The game's improved a lot, but boy it does put it in stark contrast... took Diablo 3 like 2 years to do what Marvel Heroes does almost every month. But I just got kinda sick of running the same content in MH constantly, so I'm taking a little break.

That's what nice about F2P games - if you feel burned out you can always come back later on, check out new things and have new motivation to play :)
BTW, you'll be running the same content in D3, too. It even has less end-game diversity than MH, imho. Maybe it'll be better with RoS and Adventure mode/Rifts/Act V but I'm not so sure how it will fare in the long run and I'm not gonna pay 40$ to find out :)

but Gambit is getting a rework, theyve said it, regardless of Doomsaw`s avatar :)

Well there's also Let's Do this :p.

I stand corrected.

Well all the GRs that Phol posted are actually different characters, heh.
I also want to note that originally, Danny Ketch's flames also were orange. They only recently changed them to blue in order to differentiate him more from Blaze.

But I also hope we'll eventually get costumes using Ghost Rider 2099:

Even though I hate the books themselves and the entire 2099 franchise, I can't deny that some of the designs are cool

And, what would be even more badass, would be Vengeance:

hamchan

Played D3 a little bit just then and really enjoying it since the new patch. Everything they've added since launch seems like very smart, substantial changes. I had forgotten how good the combat in that game feels. Marvel Heroes certainly does a lot right but it does feel a step below in terms of polish compared to D3. Alternating between the two games when you get bored of one seems like a good plan.

Got my Colossus to level 60 last night. Ran the Shocker cosmic terminal - it was tough but I managed to do it. No cosmic items unfortunately. Went to do some X-Defense and my internet crapped out on me. I may keep trying to gear him up or I might mess with another character. I'll probably check out Moon Knight tomorrow so maybe I will just run some more X-Defense or cosmics.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
could someone invite me to gaf group. ingame im QueenOfHunting

KePoW

Banned
That's what nice about F2P games - if you feel burned out you can always come back later on, check out new things and have new motivation to play :)

The problem is MH is not really a F2P game for me. I've literally spent over 10x more in MH than the $60 for D3.

I could only wish I got all of MH for 60 bucks. Quite frankly I hate F2P model and wish people weren't so cheap to just pay $50-$60 for full games like normal.

I mean is it really that hard to pay for a regular game like how it's always been?

LuuKyK

Did anyone here play the Marvel Heroes Lego game? I love the lego games (own most of their licensed stuff - Batman, Harry Potter, Pirates, etc and they are all good). I see that they have like almost a hundred playable characters, and from some videos I saw they all look great. I am really tempted to buy it from Steam, unless there is some crazy ale going on Amazon or something.

could someone invite me to gaf group. ingame im QueenOfHunting

Try to catch inky online - add him to the friends list in-game or on steam. :)

Is that Alejandra a female? I've never read Ghost Rider comics.

Yes, Alejandra is female.

Did anyone here play the Marvel Heroes Lego game? I love the lego games (own most of their licensed stuff - Batman, Harry Potter, Pirates, etc and they are all good). I see that they have like almost a hundred playable characters, and from some videos I saw they all look great. I am really tempted to buy it from Steam, unless there is some crazy ale going on Amazon or something.

I played and 100%ed it. It's really damn fun, but pretty easy and holds your hand a bit (I mean, it's for kids mainly, after all). Humor also is a bit hit and miss. But gameplay-wise, it's really great.
If you do decide to get it, I'd suggest getting the hero pack DLC because the Hawkeye-based vehicles (bike and skybike) make the race parts of the game pretty damn fun and much easier, since the flight controls otherwise are really wonky, especially those on the characters.

The problem is MH is not really a F2P game for me. I've literally spent over 10x more in MH than the $60 for D3.

I could only wish I got all of MH for 60 bucks. Quite frankly I hate F2P model and wish people weren't so cheap to just pay $50-$60 for full games like normal.

I mean is it really that hard to pay for a regular game like how it's always been?

If the game was only $60, then it wouldn't be getting constant updates, new heroes, content, support, etc. Yea for some people it can be bad if you spend a ton of money on it, but if it wasn't f2p it would be a much different and smaller game.

As somebody brought up, if they made it just one entry fee, then they couldn't afford spending resources for new content (unless they also charged for it by making expansions/DLC, resulting in the same dilemma).

I bought both the ultimate pack and the advance pack, plus a lot of Gs, and I believe I'm getting my money's worth! I've been playing well over 200h now (not counting Beta time), and I've enjoyed most of it. :)

KePoW

Banned
If the game was only $60, then it wouldn't be getting constant updates, new heroes, content, support, etc. Yea for some people it can be bad if you spend a ton of money on it, but if it wasn't f2p it would be a much different and smaller game.

As somebody brought up, if they made it just one entry fee, then they couldn't afford spending resources for new content (unless they also charged for it by making expansions/DLC, resulting in the same dilemma).

I bought both the ultimate pack and the advance pack, plus a lot of Gs, and I believe I'm getting my money's worth! I've been playing well over 200h now (not counting Beta time), and I've enjoyed most of it. :)

*Then how does Guild Wars 2 do it?*

Don't get me wrong, I feel like I have gotten my money's worth from MH, otherwise I wouldn't have spent the money. Steam says I'm up to around 980 hours now.

I just wish I could have only paid 60 bucks for it.

Guild Wars 2 uses a cash shop to keep bringing in money. MH would just be same thing then, charge for content up front and then trickle new stuff via cash shop.

F2P is just easier to draw in an audience and they pick and choose what they want. If MH charged up front, they would have to provide a solid package to be worth it.

KePoW

Banned
Guild Wars 2 uses a cash shop to keep bringing in money. MH would just be same thing then, charge for content up front and then trickle new stuff via cash shop.

Ok I played GW2 for about two or three months at launch, but not since that time so I'm not familiar with its current status.

Is the cash shop a major part of the game though? From my impressions it didn't seem like it.

Ok I played GW2 for about two or three months at launch, but not since that time so I'm not familiar with its current status.

Is the cash shop a major part of the game though? From my impressions it didn't seem like it.

Every update (every 2 weeks) they add a bunch of stuff to the cash shop. It's of course mainly convenience unlocks and cosmetic stuff, but the game did make you buy the game so you got a good value there.

MH on the other hand at launch was not good condition or enough content to be worth a price tank really. I've put a ton of hours in MH, more than D3 and really only have spent about $30 in it, so think it's a great value. But if MH was pay up front, you would still only get a handful of heroes, while they would still need to charge you for constantly adding new heroes each month.

Every update (every 2 weeks) they add a bunch of stuff to the cash shop. It's of course mainly convenience unlocks and cosmetic stuff, but the game did make you buy the game so you got a good value there.

MH on the other hand at launch was not good condition or enough content to be worth a price tank really. I've put a ton of hours in MH, more than D3 and really only have spent about $30 in it, so think it's a great value. But if MH was pay up front, you would still only get a handful of heroes, while they would still need to charge you for constantly adding new heroes each month.

Having paid for expansions in F2P games before (DC Universe Online for Green Lanterns), I much prefer the MH model. I've also rarely seen a developer give this much constant weekly support to a F2P game. Lord of the Rings Online was close but that was all just huge chunks of expansion stuff that cost extra money too.

Toppot

I'm back after getting burnt out on Captain America to 60. I'm now thinking its about time I paid some cash for this game, to support its development.

I'm thinking of buying 5500G. Buying 1 set of 36 Fortune 2 cards for 2400G, then buying 6 STASHs for 3000G. The Fortune Cards are mainly for short term fun (I want Spider- Noir costume and getting it any other way is waayyy more unlikely), the STASHs are a long term investment.

My question is, is there something better to spend G's on? I'm quite happy to not buy the cards and/or cut down on STASH's. I've seen things like the STASH Access Card which might be handy I guess. I just wanna know if there is something that would benefit me more in the long run.

Thanks

Vecks

I'm back after getting burnt out on Captain America to 60. I'm now thinking its about time I paid some cash for this game, to support its development.

I'm thinking of buying 5500G. Buying 1 set of 36 Fortune 2 cards for 2400G, then buying 6 STASHs for 3000G. The Fortune Cards are mainly for short term fun (I want Spider- Noir costume and getting it any other way is waayyy more unlikely), the STASHs are a long term investment.

My question is, is there something better to spend G's on? I'm quite happy to not buy the cards and/or cut down on STASH's. I've seen things like the STASH Access Card which might be handy I guess. I just wanna know if there is something that would benefit me more in the long run.

Thanks

Stashes are the most important in the long run, but if you haven't already, you might want to switch one of those stashes for a crafting one because of rune words. It'll save you 200G, and with 39 rune types out there, I guarantee it'll be filled up in no time.

The STASH Access Card might not be a great idea. In a few weeks they are gonna expand the inventory by 20 more slots and also offer 30 more inventory slots due to a new team up mechanic (they're like "pet" hero's that can store stuff).

But outside of stashes, it's really down to your personal preference. I don't think any of the convenience items are that worth it. And the probability of getting something good out of fortune cards seems really low. I think it'd be best to wait for sales/deals/bundles. They've been doing a lot of them lately. But if there's really absolutely nothing else you want in terms of characters/costumes besides that one.... *shrugs*

KePoW

Banned

Do NOT buy the stash access holos or whatever they're called, it's a complete waste of money.

Stash tabs themselves are good of course, but I would mix in one Crafting tab. There's a lot of things (like runes & costume cores) that can go in there.

New costume sale is up. Halloween costumes are back and every character has one costume on sale for 25% off (mostly classic costumes). Also last day for the FC Mega box.

Details.

Rhaknar

as someone that just bought that mega bundle of cards, I have to say they are...useless. Well not useless, but you get stuck with a bunch of boosts that most of the time you are "afraid" to use because you might need them later or somewhere else (reminds me of ammo for special guns in RE or similar games, you end up never using it afraid you might need it, and then you never do) and costumes are super rare even from the cards.

KePoW

Banned
I use the XP boost items all the time, I'm never afraid to use those if I'm going to be on for 1-2 hours straight. I love the XP boosts

Top Bottom