• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

LuuKyK

To be honest, how is he more boring than Daredevil? Or Hawkeye? Or any hero with no actual powers?

Well, he is exactly like that. Btw, I never said Hawkeye and Daredevil were not boring either. There is nothing unique about Moon Knight's powers. He uses a rod, throw shurikens, and...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, he is exactly like that. Btw, I never said Hawkeye and Daredevil were not boring either. There is nothing unique about Moon Knight's powers. He uses a rod, throw shurikens, and...

Fair enough then, at least I know where you're coming from :)

He is boring beyond words can explain. Really really awful. I question why they even chose to use him. Is he a fan favorite or something?

Moon Knight is awesome insane batman.

They also got to mix it up on heroes, they can't put all the most popular characters out right away, they need to spread out releases for game longevity. They have to go into obscure stuff too. There's also going to be redundancies since there is only so much they can do with this style of game. Starlord for example I don't see how they are going to make him unique to play, but fans will gobble it up.

LuuKyK

Moon Knight is awesome insane batman.

They also got to mix it up on heroes, they can't put all the most popular characters out right away, they need to spread out releases for game longevity. They have to go into obscure stuff too. There's also going to be redundancies since there is only so much they can do with this style of game. Starlord for example I don't see how they are going to make him unique to play, but fans will gobble it up.

I get it, and I totally support them going for more obscure heroes. But as you said, I am sure there are other ones out there that are far more interesting power/ability wise.

After today's build, melee Moon Knight has become a fair bit more interesting (haven't bothered looking into ranged MK yet). I still think his whole tribute/gift system is lackluster though. If they can spice that up so that the benefits are more interesting and unique depending on your choice, he'll come into his own as a solid character.

Blank!

Do many of you solo the Cosmic Terminals?!

Trying to gauge if my Deadpool is going to be tough enough, or whether I need to find a group.

Most seem to recommend Melee builds for DP but I've been favouring Ranged up to this point.

Are they that much harder?

I solo them on most of my 60's. It's harder for a fresh 60 and even worse for undergeared 60's. And of course, some terminal/bosses are easier than others. I'd say Doom, Kurse, and AIM facility are the top 3 hardest. Doom you run into RNG bosses (Green Goblin is an absolute BEAST as a cosmic boss) and the trash deals high damage, Kurse has so many bullshit minions and the boss is pretty beefy too. Aim just has a ridiculous amount of trash even if most of it is easy, bosses aren't all that hard except they're in huge trash full of rooms... god help you if they spawn with summoner affix's.

Easiest ones are Dr. Ock, Taskmaster, and Shocker. Dr Ock/Taskmaster has easy mode trash mobs that don't even spawn in huge packs. The bosses themselves are on the easy side too. Shocker is probably a tad tougher because of his room with all the trash and his cave-in if you aren't careful, but otherwise simple.

I'd avoid Fisk because the final fight can be really hard for some characters and there's no "checkpoint". You die, you got to run up 4 flights of stairs... so screw that. Magneto as a boss is pretty cheap too unless you've got a CC breaker, and even then he can pull some BS. Mandarin one just takes too long to navigate so I hate doing that. Sinister is also easy.

The cheesiest way of getting through them while undergeared is to simply prioritize health over everything else and get a +25% medkit core and slap on a midtown patrol badge (or just buy medkits). Health on costume, cosmics, rings/insignias, etc. Kite around when it's on cooldown if you're taking too much heat. Haven't ran it with deadpool yet since I'm only 57, but I imagine I'll go melee and just DoT and run around. Abuse teleport/god mode, etc. The main issue with ranged Deadpool in end-game is there's no good single target spirit spender so his damage ends up suffering for it.

KePoW

Banned

This is very true

I solo them on most of my 60's. It's harder for a fresh 60 and even worse for undergeared 60's. And of course, some terminal/bosses are easier than others. I'd say Doom, Kurse, and AIM facility are the top 3 hardest. Doom you run into RNG bosses (Green Goblin is an absolute BEAST as a cosmic boss) and the trash deals high damage, Kurse has so many bullshit minions and the boss is pretty beefy too. Aim just has a ridiculous amount of trash even if most of it is easy, bosses aren't all that hard except they're in huge trash full of rooms... god help you if they spawn with summoner affix's.

Easiest ones are Dr. Ock, Taskmaster, and Shocker. Dr Ock/Taskmaster has easy mode trash mobs that don't even spawn in huge packs. The bosses themselves are on the easy side too. Shocker is probably a tad tougher because of his room with all the trash and his cave-in if you aren't careful, but otherwise simple.

I'd avoid Fisk because the final fight can be really hard for some characters and there's no "checkpoint". You die, you got to run up 4 flights of stairs... so screw that. Magneto as a boss is pretty cheap too unless you've got a CC breaker, and even then he can pull some BS. Mandarin one just takes too long to navigate so I hate doing that. Sinister is also easy.

The cheesiest way of getting through them while undergeared is to simply prioritize health over everything else and get a +25% medkit core and slap on a midtown patrol badge (or just buy medkits). Health on costume, cosmics, rings/insignias, etc. Kite around when it's on cooldown if you're taking too much heat. Haven't ran it with deadpool yet since I'm only 57, but I imagine I'll go melee and just DoT and run around. Abuse teleport/god mode, etc. The main issue with ranged Deadpool in end-game is there's no good single target spirit spender so his damage ends up suffering for it.

Wow, great post, thanks.

I have a feeling I'll be undergeared - so I'll probably do as you've suggested and give Dr. Ock, Taskmaster, and Shocker a try first, see how I fare in that regard.

I think I have a few Retcon devices so I can quite easily re-spec my skills, but the problem I'd have would be gear as I've chosen and prioritised for Ranged +/% bonuses.

Sorry - total noob (like a week of play time) here, what do you mean by "get a +25% medkit core and slap on a midtown patrol badge" ?

Yeah, I've found that SatB is great against mobs (and it's almost maxed now) but not much chop against bosses. Guess I might have to consider the Retcon for a re-roll to melee specific build.

As a point of interest, what sort of damage/defense is your DP running at 57? Mine hasn't changed much/at all from 57 to 59 in terms of gear. I've had stuff-all drops in the last two levels of grinding.

Vecks

Yeah, servers kicked everybody off and if you try to log on, it'll just tell you wrong user/pass. ETA for the fix is about an hour.

Moon Knight is a pretty cool character. He's basically a modern-day paladin with split personalities that is trying to atone for his sins after getting revived by an ancient Egyptian god of vengeance. A lot of people describe him as "Marvel's Batman", but that doesn't do him justice, imo, because while there are parallels, mostly in the whole "I'm a human that throws bat/moon shaped gadgets and wants to strike fear into the heart of people", Moon Knight has a lot more personality (and personalities hyuk hyuk), but a lot less powers than Batman - because let's be honest, Batman doesn't only have his money as power, but also has super intelligence, super awareness, and in some depictions super durability and even strength.

That said, Moon Knight certainly isn't a very well-known property, but he is a fan favorites among comic fans, and apparently within Gazillion (especially with community manager Ryolnir). As BattleMonkey said, there's only so much you can do with a guy who uses martial arts and some gadgets/blunt weapons - he's a lot like Daredevil in the offensive regard.

Fun fact, by the way, Moon Knight started out as a sort-of hunter of the supernatural. He originally was a villain from Werewolf by Night. He also has been on both the main Avengers and the West Coast Avengers a few times.

They also got to mix it up on heroes, they can't put all the most popular characters out right away, they need to spread out releases for game longevity. They have to go into obscure stuff too.

Very much this. Which is why it shouldn't "baffle" anyone that a lot of popular X-Men aren't out yet or even planned for 2014.
There's also the fact that Marvel is dictating them to put certain characters into the game (e.g. Squirrel Girl is probably a result of that), and of course the opportunity to make unique character designs.

Starlord for example I don't see how they are going to make him unique to play, but fans will gobble it up.

How is it difficult to see how to make him unique to play? He can use sci-fi gadgets for once, as well as his unique element gun, which allows him to conjure and control the 4 classic elements (fire, water, earth and wind). There's a LOT you can do with that.

Lord Phol

Great info Red! I agree with the Starlord comment. His elemental gun and sci-fi gadgets alone should make him a fun and unique take on the gunslinger archetype.

Talking about upcoming heroes it would be great if you guys could upvote my posts in the new Nova feedback thread: Richard Rider Baby. I'll make sure to return the favour! You can ofc post ur own thoughts as well, especially if it's Richard related :D.

Blank!

Wow, great post, thanks.

I have a feeling I'll be undergeared - so I'll probably do as you've suggested and give Dr. Ock, Taskmaster, and Shocker a try first, see how I fare in that regard.

I think I have a few Retcon devices so I can quite easily re-spec my skills, but the problem I'd have would be gear as I've chosen and prioritised for Ranged +/% bonuses.

Sorry - total noob (like a week of play time) here, what do you mean by "get a +25% medkit core and slap on a midtown patrol badge" ?

Yeah, I've found that SatB is great against mobs (and it's almost maxed now) but not much chop against bosses. Guess I might have to consider the Retcon for a re-roll to melee specific build.

As a point of interest, what sort of damage/defense is your DP running at 57? Mine hasn't changed much/at all from 57 to 59 in terms of gear. I've had stuff-all drops in the last two levels of grinding.

You can add an adamantium core to a costume to give it certain benefits (+1 str, fighting, etc)... in this case, probably the most useful core to add to a costume is "regain 25% health/spirit on medkit use". So it's basically a huge heal, on top of it's normal healing (plus deadpool's regeneration/powerups). A midtown patrol badge is an artifact that only drops from inside the Midtown instance (under challenges). It's incredibly mediocre except it increases medkit drops from defeated enemies by ~20%. It basically lets you chug through medkits whenever you need, and be self-sustaining as they'll drop like candy with it equipped.

Won't be able to check my exact numbers, but I've gotten all of Deadpool's uniques except the boots/tequlia shooters. My Beta Ray armor is only level 40 though as are my katana's of violence. I've also got a lvl 57 Guns with no name and 54 magical satchel equipped. Just some bad cosmic boots equipped too. Artifacts are Fearsome Fist or Farallah, Adv Meta, Adv Crystal of Crytorrak, and a Idol of Khonshu. The fearsome fist will probably change to an adv Kung Fu. Still debating Pym Shrinking or not... he can probably use it but meh. I'm hoping his hybrid basicless build will come back :(

Medallion is Moleman till I hit 60 :p Currently no runeword (he was too high to bother putting a Sage on)... hell, I don't even have a Uru equipped. I'll probably do the +defense one and give him Grove. No Legendary at all, will probably end up with Gungnir. Shying away from the others because again, I want hybrid style to come back -_-

Man, I wish Storm was more fun to use. Killing stuff with her just doesnt feel very satisfying at all.
Storms one cool looking move (where she flies around, electrocuting and blowing everything up), hardly does any damage now :(
As long as Moon Knight uses guns, I think I'll like him... even if he does wear a cape (I do not like capes).
Im not sure how gun-heavy Knight is in the comics, but Im hoping he'll have a sniper rifle in MH - just like Punisher and Widow.
Sniper rifles are amongst the coolest looking powers, even though they aren't the most efficient :)

Been playing a bit of Panther. I wish he was a bit more robust, but he's pretty fun.

As long as Moon Knight uses guns, I think I'll like him... even if he does wear a cape (I do not like capes).
Im not sure how gun-heavy Knight is in the comics, but Im hoping he'll have a sniper rifle in MH - just like Punisher and Widow.
Sniper rifles are amongst the coolest looking powers, even though they aren't the most efficient :)

Moon Knight doesn't use guns beyond his tripwire/grappling hook gun in the books, and he won't use any guns in this game either, let alone a sniper rifle. In terms of gadgets and weaponry, he is very similar to Batman (except that his stuff has a moon motif instead of a bat motif). He's mainly a martial artist.

There's only a few heroes in the books that actually use guns, and we already got the biggest ones with Deadpool, Cable, Punisher, and Widow.
War Machine, Bishop, Ares, Nick Fury (and SHIELD in general), Domino, Misty Knight, Union Jack, Agent Venom and Fantomex are probably the other ones worth mentioning, and out of those we only have WM, Fury, Domino and Agent Venom confirmed to be coming out, and those are pretty far in the future (Domino and WM both are dated with "2015", the other ones don't even have guesstimates yet).
And I guess there's also some villains like Winter Soldier or Taskmaster that could end up playable, as well.

Also of course not counting characters that use futuristic guns like Star-Lord or Rocket Raccoon here.

But I wouldn't expect a sniper rifle power to come up any time soon.

Yeah storm is one of my least favorite heroes currently in the game, mainly because of her poor animations and visual effects :s. Don't undestand why she is so popular

She's a starter hero and one of the 2 that are members of the X-Men (the other one being the significantly less popular Colossus).

Lord Phol

Man, I wish Storm was more fun to use. Killing stuff with her just doesnt feel very satisfying at all.
Storms one cool looking move (where she flies around, electrocuting and blowing everything up), hardly does any damage now :(

Yeah storm is one of my least favorite heroes currently in the game, mainly because of her poor animations and visual effects :s. Don't undestand why she is so popular but I hope they do her right with the 52 review.
I don't think Moon Knight is going to get a sniper since he doesn't have one on TC and he is scheduled for release on friday. He has a pair of guns though and two attacks that utilize them!

MK is not a gun user outside the guns on his Moon Jet

MK is a melee character in comics, only range he has is his throwing moons which are like batarangs, except they are sharp and he stabs people with them.

How is it difficult to see how to make him unique to play? He can use sci-fi gadgets for once, as well as his unique element gun, which allows him to conjure and control the 4 classic elements (fire, water, earth and wind). There's a LOT you can do with that.

Unles something changed in the recent run, hes not a gadget heavy user. Really all he tends to do is shoot his guns, and they essentially wrote out the elemental aspect of his guns or decided to forget about it in the modern stuff. Perhaps digging out stuff from old star lord stuff to make his guns have varied effects, and perhaps a buffing tree like Captain America. But truly unique game play? Doubt it.

LuuKyK

You guys giving Storm shit don't know what you are talking about. She is awesome.

Crashing Hail (the attack where she flies around summoning thunder storms all over the place) is awesome looking - yes it doesn't do much damage to mini-bosses and such but it instakill regular mobs and its great to farm splinters and items. Also the Freezing Tempest attack is great to slow down and kill some lesser enemies here and there.

LEAVE STORM ALONE!

I've got Colossus at 59.2 right now. I've been doing a ton of X-Defense lately and getting a fair amount of loot. Most of it has just been the regular stuff (tons of purple that gets traded in, lots of artifacts and runes as well) but I have gotten a few uniques (mostly for Colossus) and some of the better artifacts (ASSS, ACCoC, Pym Growth). I didn't have time yesterday to do another X-Defense run so I went ahead and did a couple of LQ. The second took me back in to MM (where I had been spending my time before X-Def). I forgot how much fun I have in there. I don't get quite as many drops but I feel like the experience is coming a little faster. I hope to get to 60 before Moon Knight comes out so I can also try out a couple of cosmic terminals. I'll still have a bit to do with him as I will want to get a Legendary and then work on blessings & enchantments.

For those looking to use Colossus, I would say he is pretty capable. The only thing is I did a re-spec on him recently and dropped Titan Slam. He does now feel a bit repetitive to play. I am using Osmium Charge to move around and get in close to mobs, Demolition Stomp to soften them up, Steel and Colossal Punch as my main attacks, and Colossal Roar when it is available. I may go ahead and put 1 point into the Slam just to get another AOE attack, but it isn't completely necessary.

Here's my build if anyone is interested: http://marvelbase.com/builds/view/4...22v2vMvK712Mv/221.247.253.0.184.0.0.0.246.169

Mxrz

Have the developers said anything about adding Namor someday? I want to try this game, but not with inferior non-Namor characters.

Have the developers said anything about adding Namor someday? I want to try this game, but not with inferior non-Namor characters.

They want to do him eventually, I think. But I don't think there's anything concrete on him. There's still a lot of speculation and rumors regarding his game rights being held by Universal.

Vecks

Someday, maybe. Near-future, probably not. On average, they release one new hero a month. I'm pretty sure they said they can add anyone they want and as many characters as they want. But priority seems to go with tie-ins.

Anyway, the heroes for release this year are pretty set in stone.

Dr. Strange
Sue Storm
Psylocke
Star-Lord
Juggernaut
Magneto
Silver Surfer
Venom

I think there's only one spot they haven't decided on.

This game is so addicting. I'm up to 17 splinters! People in the chat saying that they think they're going to nerf cable when he gets updated. :(

Awesome to hear you are enjoying the game.
1 - Keep at it. If you're inclined to get new characters without spending real money, you're going to be spending literally hundreds (if not thousands) of splinters. It may sound like a lot, but they should be dropping every 7-8 minutes or so. If they aren't, you're probably too high level for the area you are in.
2 - I would recommend not listening to the chat people too much. From what I can tell, anything the devs do that makes their character play differently than they are used to will be called a nerf. In some cases, I would agree but more often than not it really is a balancing decision.

The rumors I hear are that there are some rights issues with Namor and that is why he has not been in any game thus far.

Awesome to hear you are enjoying the game.
1 - Keep at it. If you're inclined to get new characters without spending real money, you're going to be spending literally hundreds (if not thousands) of splinters. It may sound like a lot, but they should be dropping every 7-8 minutes or so. If they aren't, you're probably too high level for the area you are in.
2 - I would recommend not listening to the chat people too much. From what I can tell, anything the devs do that makes their character play differently than they are used to will be called a nerf. In some cases, I would agree but more often than not it really is a balancing decision.

The rumors I hear are that there are some rights issues with Namor and that is why he has not been in any game thus far.

Yeah, I've been getting one every couple of minutes or so I guess. Does the rare drop stuff actually help with them at all? I've been saving that type of armor.

Also, nerf might be the wrong word but they said they would be updating him to his new 52 version and they were saying it would upset a lot of people. I've only read cable and x-force so I'm not sure what they're referring to.

Yeah, I've been getting one every couple of minutes or so I guess. Does the rare drop stuff actually help with them at all? I've been saving that type of armor.

Also, nerf might be the wrong word but they said they would be updating him to his new 52 version and they were saying it would upset a lot of people. I've only read cable and x-force so I'm not sure what they're referring to.

I believe it is Special Item Find (SIF) that affects splinter drops but even with a lot of boost they won't drop much quicker than every 5-7 minutes. Personally, I prefer SIF over Rare Item Find (RIF) but if you can get both on an item that's even better. Also, at 30 (or is it 35?) you can add a core to your costume at the crafter. Don't put the first core that drops in (unless you get lucky and find a good one) - all cores will give either 20% SIF or 25% RIF bonus but they can have up to 3 additional bonuses as well. They used to have life/spirit leech but they took that out a while back. Still, you can get +1 to some attribute, + to health, and some other bonus if you stay patient.

As far as Cable goes, I think his 52 review is a little ways off still. They just did Daredevil and Torch, and according to a dev post I think Panther and Widow may be next. Then they look likely to follow with Cyclops, Thor, Thing, Storm, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, and Wolverine in some order yet to be determined. I've only played Cable a little bit and so far, he is actually my least favorite character. I'll eventually get back to him but I do have plenty of others to mess with and I bought the advance pack for this year so...

I believe it is Special Item Find (SIF) that affects splinter drops but even with a lot of boost they won't drop much quicker than every 5-7 minutes. Personally, I prefer SIF over Rare Item Find (RIF) but if you can get both on an item that's even better. Also, at 30 (or is it 35?) you can add a core to your costume at the crafter. Don't put the first core that drops in (unless you get lucky and find a good one) - all cores will give either 20% SIF or 25% RIF bonus but they can have up to 3 additional bonuses as well. They used to have life/spirit leech but they took that out a while back. Still, you can get +1 to some attribute, + to health, and some other bonus if you stay patient.

As far as Cable goes, I think his 52 review is a little ways off still. They just did Daredevil and Torch, and according to a dev post I think Panther and Widow may be next. Then they look likely to follow with Cyclops, Thor, Thing, Storm, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, and Wolverine in some order yet to be determined. I've only played Cable a little bit and so far, he is actually my least favorite character. I'll eventually get back to him but I do have plenty of others to mess with and I bought the advance pack for this year so...

What do you dislike about cable's gameplay? I want him and Gambit most so far, especially after watching someone play as gambit, he looks pretty cool.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not turned off from Cap (on the contrary) but for some reason I was on a Luke Cage kick today (for the little I played today), played a bit of heroic and some legendaries on him going from 32 to 40, man I really like Luke Cage. Feels like a beefier Daredevil. I also went for a summonless build (gasp!) because I wasnt feeling any of the summons at all, got some more defensive passives instead, really enjoying him. Dampsey Roll is a monster. I have high hopes for the car throw spell, hopefully it doesnt disapoint.

What do you dislike about cable's gameplay? I want him and Gambit most so far, especially after watching someone play as gambit, he looks pretty cool.

I didn't play him long (I don't think I even hit level 10) but he just felt...off. Like a bit of a chore. I didn't feel he handled crowds well and, being mostly a solo player, that made the game slow down for me. EDIT: To give you some perspective, before trying Cable I had played Jean Grey to about 30 (who is an AoE monster, even without using her Phoenix powers) and Colossus to about the same (and he is a pretty capable damage dealer and tank).

Here's a couple of questions for you:
1 - Who are you using right now? I don't recall if you mentioned it before (sorry).
2 - Do you have other characters on your roster? Which ones?
3 - Are you planning on spending money or just splinters to get additional characters?
4 - Do you enjoy playing the story or are you more interested in getting a character maxed out with better gear and stuff?

This game is so addicting. I'm up to 17 splinters! People in the chat saying that they think they're going to nerf cable when he gets updated. :(

Once you get through the main story once, you will get a pack of splinters to help you get to your goal(s) faster. Also, every other weekend really, there's little events that give you free gifts which can contain eternity splinters as well.

not turned off from Cap (on the contrary) but for some reason I was on a Luke Cage kick today (for the little I played today), played a bit of heroic and some legendaries on him going from 32 to 40, man I really like Luke Cage. Feels like a beefier Daredevil. I also went for a summonless build (gasp!) because I wasnt feeling any of the summons at all, got some more defensive passives instead, really enjoying him. Dampsey Roll is a monster. I have high hopes for the car throw spell, hopefully it doesnt disapoint.

Car throw is pretty awesome from what I remember. When I played Luke Cage shortly after his release, I was able to easily clear out big groups of mobs.
That said, if you prefer him being defensive, I still suggest having out Iron Fist. I believe he should be Cage's starter summon, too, so you should get a point into him automatically. He can heal, and thus give you a tiny bit more survivability, even if you don't put any additional points into him or the summon tree generally.

Rhaknar

Once you get through the main story once, you will get a pack of splinters to help you get to your goal(s) faster. Also, every other weekend really, there's little events that give you free gifts which can contain eternity splinters as well.

Car throw is pretty awesome from what I remember. When I played Luke Cage shortly after his release, I was able to easily clear out big groups of mobs.
That said, if you prefer him being defensive, I still suggest having out Iron Fist. I believe he should be Cage's starter summon, too, so you should get a point into him automatically. He can heal, and thus give you a tiny bit more survivability, even if you don't put any additional points into him or the summon tree generally.

ive been using colleen for the boss dmg aura, IF heal seems to have a long ass cooldown

I didn't play him long (I don't think I even hit level 10) but he just felt...off. Like a bit of a chore. I didn't feel he handled crowds well and, being mostly a solo player, that made the game slow down for me. EDIT: To give you some perspective, before trying Cable I had played Jean Grey to about 30 (who is an AoE monster, even without using her Phoenix powers) and Colossus to about the same (and he is a pretty capable damage dealer and tank).

Here's a couple of questions for you:
1 - Who are you using right now? I don't recall if you mentioned it before (sorry).
2 - Do you have other characters on your roster? Which ones?
3 - Are you planning on spending money or just splinters to get additional characters?
4 - Do you enjoy playing the story or are you more interested in getting a character maxed out with better gear and stuff?

1. I'm playing colossus right now.
2. Nope, literally just started playing the other day and partway through the prologue.
3. I don't want to if possible, I just really like the characters I want to unlock but I don't hate the starters. Playing as your favorites is really nice though.
4. Both? The story has been fun so far but I've really enjoyed loot style games and dungeon crawling to get new stuff.

You haven't finished the Prologue yet? You sure?

Without me spoiling it for you, what's the last named boss you beat?

Oh, maybe I did. I always saw that highlighted when I found a new transport portal but last thing I did was beat Electra and Kingpin took back the tablet.

What are the random glow circles that drop and then go above your head for a while? Temporary buffs? Doesn't seem to say what it does after it activates.

KePoW

Banned
Oh, maybe I did. I always saw that highlighted when I found a new transport portal but last thing I did was beat Electra and Kingpin took back the tablet.

What are the random glow circles that drop and then go above your head for a while? Temporary buffs? Doesn't seem to say what it does after it activates.

Ah okay, you're well past the Prologue then.

Those are temporary buffs. You can see what they do in the bottom right corner of screen, the buffs section.

Kingpin was the boss of Chapter 4, so you're in Chapter 5 now haha.

Yes, those are temp buffs. As Kepow pointed out, you can see what they do and how long they last if you click on the bar in the bottom right corner to expand the buff display (which also shows, for instance, any XP/rarity boosts or whatever you consumed).

That said, they all last 2 minutes and afaik there's 4 of them - the blue face gives you additional XP, the pink eye is a rarity boost, the green lightning bolt increases movement and attack speed, and the red claw increases your damage.

1. I'm playing colossus right now.
2. Nope, literally just started playing the other day and partway through the prologue.
3. I don't want to if possible, I just really like the characters I want to unlock but I don't hate the starters. Playing as your favorites is really nice though.
4. Both? The story has been fun so far but I've really enjoyed loot style games and dungeon crawling to get new stuff.

1. Cool. He gives you a pretty solid taste of melee. Unless you really enjoyed that style of play, I would try to avoid Hulk, Thing, and maybe even Luke Cage (though he does have some differences). The only thing that could mess that up is...
3. In my opinion, you can totally play this game without spending a dime on characters (you might want to buy some stash space, though character inventory is getting bigger by 20 spaces perhaps as early as this Friday). As Red Arremer mentioned earlier, after you complete the story the first time you should have enough splinters to do a random hero roll, perhaps even buy a hero outright. If the random machine likes you, you are almost assured to get a character you don't have and who you will hopefully want to play.
4. If you are enjoying playing the story, keep going with it, especially since there is the splinter reward at the end of it. The other modes I recommend, typically after finishing the story mode (especially for your first character), are Midtown Manhattan and X-Defense. MM should get you a lot of xp (and some decent loot); after you hit level 20 you can also get legendary quests for this area that give you a lot of xp and odin marks, which you will need to purchase legendary items and blessings. X-Def is also pretty good for xp but I have found most of my best loot there. As Colossus, you should be pretty well set for that. I posted a link to my Colossus build before.

Let us know if you have any other questions. I'm no expert but I'm glad to share what knowledge I have.

1. Cool. He gives you a pretty solid taste of melee. Unless you really enjoyed that style of play, I would try to avoid Hulk, Thing, and maybe even Luke Cage (though he does have some differences). The only thing that could mess that up is...
3. In my opinion, you can totally play this game without spending a dime on characters (you might want to buy some stash space, though character inventory is getting bigger by 20 spaces perhaps as early as this Friday). As Red Arremer mentioned earlier, after you complete the story the first time you should have enough splinters to do a random hero roll, perhaps even buy a hero outright. If the random machine likes you, you are almost assured to get a character you don't have and who you will hopefully want to play.
4. If you are enjoying playing the story, keep going with it, especially since there is the splinter reward at the end of it. The other modes I recommend, typically after finishing the story mode (especially for your first character), are Midtown Manhattan and X-Defense. MM should get you a lot of xp (and some decent loot); after you hit level 20 you can also get legendary quests for this area that give you a lot of xp and odin marks, which you will need to purchase legendary items and blessings. X-Def is also pretty good for xp but I have found most of my best loot there. As Colossus, you should be pretty well set for that. I posted a link to my Colossus build before.

Let us know if you have any other questions. I'm no expert but I'm glad to share what knowledge I have.

Is there PvP'ing in this game? Most builds when I searched before were listed as PvP so I gave up and just leveled up abilities I liked... Some builds are weird too since you can only level up each skill so much at a time so if you follow their builds you don't used your upgrade points for quite a few levels since there's not enough on the first branch of skills that they dump points into.

LuuKyK

I will never prestige a hero. Think of all the work to level up your character to 60... all down the sink hole just for a name color change and a standard costume? :lol No.

Top Bottom