• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I played through the prologue and got to Avengers Tower and am really liking it. The game seems to have gotten a lot of polish since I last played many months ago. I'm playing as The Thing.

What is the Stamina slot for Thing, is that his weapon? It's a green tear drop icon.

So, I chose Storm as my first char.

How do I get to play with other chars? If I change to for example The Thing, do I have to level him up from 0 or it keeps Storm's level?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel Heroes ‏@MMMSociety 4m
#MarvelHeroes players: in about 10m, we're going to be bringing the game servers down for a quick configuration change. Downtime est. 30m.

How do people actively not pick Hawkeye.

It's Hawkeye.

Although if I could, I would pick Ms. Marvel in a heartbeat.

So, I chose Storm as my first char.

How do I get to play with other chars? If I change to for example The Thing, do I have to level him up from 0 or it keeps Storm's level?

Characters level all separately. You'll need to go back to earlier areas to level up the other characters. You can switch between characters at any time too so a person might want to have multiple characters leveled up around same level so you have options on how to handle certain fights/areas.

You share your bank, money, and the leveling of vendors/crafting across your account instead of per character though.

Characters level all separately. You'll need to go back to earlier areas to level up the other characters. You can switch between characters at any time too so a person might want to have multiple characters leveled up around same level so you have options on how to handle certain fights/areas.

You share your bank, money, and the leveling of vendors/crafting across your account instead of per character though.

Thanks for the tips.

It's Hawkeye.

I didn't pick him because of Renner in The Avengers.

He was my free choice because I <3 ranged play. I'll probably level him next after I finish with Rocket Raccoon.
"He was my free choice"... so this means you get one choice out of the 5 heroes to choose from at the start? And then the other 4 would have to pay or find in game or are they also unlocked if you want to make a new character.

I have a Scarlet Witch token in my inventory that unlocked her. Was that a gift you automatically get or did I get lucky in a drop? I picked The Thing.

It's Hawkeye.

Seriously, Hawkguy ftw.

Hawkguy.jpg

Bizazedo

Yeah it's pretty slow. Very useless.

Backward roll + concussive forced Ricochet or Wide beam is better but I dropped Wide beam.

Yeah, the other stuff is better. Used proactively, though, for the slow makes it impossible for people to even reach you, though.

inky

"He was my free choice"... so this means you get one choice out of the 5 heroes to choose from at the start? And then the other 4 would have to pay or find in game or are they also unlocked if you want to make a new character.

I have a Scarlet Witch token in my inventory that unlocked her. Was that a gift you automatically get or did I get lucky in a drop? I picked The Thing.

From the OP FAQ:

You get to choose 1 out of 5 starter characters to play (*see OP image) and you get another starter hero at random as a reward for beating the Prologue.

You'll get yet another random starter character for beating the story mode for a total of 3 free characters.

I didn't pick him because of Renner in The Avengers.

After you beat the first boss in the tutorial you receive one of the other starter characters as a quest reward.

So in the OP FAQ it says heroes can drop in game but are rare drops. Is there a minimum level area for certain heroes to drop or can any hero drop anywhere?

P.S. Emma Frost is drop-only?

So in the OP FAQ it says heroes can drop in game but are rare drops. Is there a minimum level area for certain heroes to drop or can any hero drop anywhere?

Emma is not in the game yet.

And heroes drop off anything anywhere, its totally random.

Considering their business model relies on overcharging for characters and costumes, you can expect the drop rate to be ridiculously low. It was artificially pumped up during the beta. To put it into perspective, I've taken four characters up to at least level 10 now (my highest is 17), and haven't seen anything drop yet.

Emma is not in the game yet.

And heroes drop off anything anywhere, its totally random.

That's great news they can drop anywhere.

Considering their business model relies on overcharging for characters and costumes, you can expect the drop rate to be ridiculously low. It was artificially pumped up during the beta. To put it into perspective, I've taken four characters up to at least level 10 now (my highest is 17), and haven't seen anything drop yet.

Maybe magic find helps? item rarity mod on gear

Lord Phol

Hero drops are completely random, no requirements.

Emma Frost, Nova, Human Torch, Squirrel Girl and Luke Cage are no in the game yet. They will be released soon after launch.

Yeah they are definetly not going to be handed out left and right. All ready got a storm drop though so I'm happy so far.

There's something called Special Item Find that's suppose to increase your chance of finding costumes and heroes.

inky

That's great news they can drop anywhere.

Yep, yesterday I got Black Widow from a level 11 random enemy.

There's 2 kinds of Magic Find stats, you can check them in your STATS sheet (press "I" in game, then switch to the stats tab).

1. Is called Item Rarity. This increases the chance to find rare equipment and artifacts.
2. Is called Special Item. This increases the chance to find characters and costumes.

You can boost both with equipment that have the corresponding affix, and some items you can craft into your costume. There's also an item in the store that improves the Item Rarity stat only, for a short period of time, and Fortune Cards give out random, instant boosts as well.

Lord Phol

Anyone know where/how you can get the loading screen art as wallpaper? Saw someone posting them before on the beta forums.

Kurod

Banned
Can't wait to get home tonight and play with the fixes. I had been wondering why Spidey's web spray didn't seem to slow down enemies.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Since the servers are down is this what is preventing me for logging in? Or is the website correct in telling me that I have the wrong password? It's not sending me any reset email at the address either.

Since the servers are down is this what is preventing me for logging in? Or is the website correct in telling me that I have the wrong password? It's not sending me any reset email at the address either.

It's the servers. The incorrect password error seems to happen to us all when they're down.

Lulubop

Just made and account, name is Lulubop. Hoping I get Thor somewhere down the line, but not enough to actually buy him. Maybe.

If you haven't already watch the Chronicles of Doom eps 1 through 4 as well. They're stop-motion like comics, not videos. They give the whole back-story leading up the opening cinematic.

Wow I found this right at the start of Hell's Kitchen, an orange portal was just a little south and I went inside and it was "Bazillion Entertainment"'s room, a joke from the devs Gazillion. There were 2 orange elite guys in there and I killed them then an orange chest was there and it dropped me

fUl2NsB.jpg

did i get lucky or does everyone get this instance and loot?

Wow I found this right at the start of Hell's Kitchen, an orange portal was just a little south and I went inside and it was "Bazillion Entertainment"'s room, a joke from the devs Gazillion. There were 2 orange elite guys in there and I killed them then an orange chest was there and it dropped me

fUl2NsB.jpg

did i get lucky or does everyone get this instance and loot?

Theres a bunch of those mini instances in the game that give out lots of loot.

Unlike Diablo 3, this game is constantly tossing loot at you

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing as Punisher last night and he's awesome. I wasn't sure how Frank would play but he's hilarious fun so far. Big rocket launchers and kicks to the face that send scrubs flying :p

Lord Phol

Okey the Limbo Challenge is way too chaotic for my taste. As BP I felt I couldn't really do much. Tried to tag the mobs before the died to all the power spamming covering half the screen >>.

Top Bottom