• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Damn, I might have missed it, but is the drop rate up for the +Rare Boons?! I must have got about 15 of them yesterday while I was playing.

Started my Jean Grey up over the weekend. She's about level 27 now I think. Talk about beast mode! Just fly around burning down everything in her path. It's pretty cool.

As I finished up last night, I realised I was sitting on 176 Splinters lol! So rolled another random hero before I bailed.

Luke Cage.

Another I have little interest in, but after Cap surprised me a little, I'll give him a go as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Luke Cage is a fucking monster. I love him. If you liked cap, youll probably like Cage.

Speaking of Cap, 55 now, should be done with him soon. Really like him, biggest surprise so far along with Daredevil.

And speaking of splinters, funny thing about them, when you dont have anyone to buy, they add up fast, you dont even notice... almost 700 now. Nova needs to come out >_>

Luke Cage is a fucking monster. I love him. If you liked cap, youll probably like Cage.

Speaking of Cap, 55 now, should be done with him soon. Really like him, biggest surprise so far along with Daredevil.

And speaking of splinters, funny thing about them, when you dont have anyone to buy, they add up fast, you dont even notice... almost 700 now. Nova needs to come out >_>

I've only gotten Cap to level 8, but I really enjoyed the first chapter or so. I'll be going back to play him for sure. That shield ricochet thing was amazing.

Yeah, I bet they add up once you've got most/all of the heroes. I wish I'd kept playing back at launch, but oh well - just means I've got plenty to do now!

Saw LOADS of Moon Knights running around on the weekend. Looks fun too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Frankencastle, yes or no? What say you Gaf? Also have they said when this promo is over?

I have 450G left over from my DP purchase pack.

Who would you lot pick between Scarlet Witch, Daredevil, Storm and Black Widow?

I've been leaning towards SW? Maybe Storm?

Who do you have already besides Deadpool?

Out of those 4, without any background to your roster:
Scarlet Witch: Very fun, AoE and CC-based gameplay, can be devastating but is incredibly squishy (even for squishies)

Daredevil: One of my top favorite characters in the game right now. He's so incredibly fun to play, deals a ton of damage and can be quite sturdy in his later levels. Somebody else mentioned they thought the combo points were too much micromanaging for them (I don't mind it, but if you've got issues with mechanics like that, it's probably not as great).

Storm: Haven't played her much, she seems good, although bland.

Black Widow: Probably my least favorite of the 4, but she's due for a Level 52 review this month, and the post-review characters all turned out to be pretty damn awesome.

Rhaknar

I have 450G left over from my DP purchase pack.

Who would you lot pick between Scarlet Witch, Daredevil, Storm and Black Widow?

I've been leaning towards SW? Maybe Storm?

Storm for some lol worthy dps, but I was really surprised with Daredevil after the review. I haven't played Scarlet since release, I remember not liking her much. I haven't touched widow yet, been waiting for the review

Thanks.

I currently have Deadpool, Jean Grey, Hawkeye, Cap, Thing and now Luke Cage.

IIRC those ones I listed are the only 450G heroes left.

Damn, so Daredevil is probably worth a look then with his review? I haven't seen many DDs around, so I figured he mightn't have been too popular.

I like the DPS characters, so Scarlet/Storm seemed a logical choice. Didn't realise DD was a big DPS'er either though.

I found Hawkeye pretty squishy and I can't say I really loved the experience either (gave up around level 34), so I'm a bit more keen to steer clear of the squishy toons for a while.

Might just give DD a go, cheers. Will look into the combo/micromanagement before I bite though.

Rhaknar

Oh you have Jean? Forget Storm for now then, she has the exact same "lololol I'm flying here and shit is dying around me" style as Jeanie

Also if you want daredevil don't use Gs in him, buy the bundle on the website store, it's $10 and comes with 2 costumes, one of them (Shadowlands) is actually MORE than the whole bundle lol

Oh you have Jean? Forget Storm for now then, she has the exact same "lololol I'm flying here and shit is dying around me" style as Jeanie

Yeah sweet, I figured from watching randoms that Storm would be similar.

Obviously I'm enjoying my time as Jean right now (lololol I'm flying here and shit is dying around me is quietly satisfying haha, and has been good for quick Splinter runs) but I probably don't want to jump into another similar play-style right away.

EDIT: Just seen your edit. I have 450G left over from the G pack I purchased for Deadpool. Wasn't intending on spending more, but I probably should have a look at the packs I guess. I'll probably end up trying to get everyone..

And I reckon once I get my first dupe with a random Splinter roll, I'll probably give up on the random ones.

Its amazing how much some people spend on this game...

fR9Pe5O.jpg

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/71964/sorry-gaz

Of course, Im glad there are people like this in the community.
They ensure I'll keep having new stuff to play with in the future :)

Rhaknar

Yeah I saw that. I mean I've spent a lot...but not like that lol

KePoW

Banned
Dang, the craziest thing is that's just from Jan 1st of this year.

My spending has been spread from Aug of last year at least haha:

ibfZiwKByXXPA4.jpg

Franken-castle isnt a enhanced costume...thats weird then, to have normal punisher lines coming from it. then again I never read punisher comics when he was franken castle so I dont know how he acted.

Cant decide on buying it or not, it looks kinda cool, but weird at the same time. My punisher is naked atm so I do need a costume for him (well, "need"). Same for Ironman, wish marvel now was the one on sale like Storm :(

Frankencastle in the comic was a full-up Frankenstein clone with guns. He lumbered around like an oaf but still tried helping people. It was an interesting end to a fun series run.

Him not having an enhanced voice makes no sense to me. Punisher is my main and one of my two favorite Marvel characters (tied with Daredevil), and I'll still probably pass. I have the War Journal outfit which I dig.

Punisher_War_Journal_Costume.png

Rhaknar

Wait frankencastle was a clone? I was just reading up on it and I saw that Daken cut him to pieces and Morbius and his gang of freaks stitched Frank back up, I was actually going to ask how he got back to normal but if it was just a clone I guess he didn't

Dang, the craziest thing is that's just from Jan 1st of this year.

My spending has been spread from Aug of last year at least haha:

ibfZiwKByXXPA4.jpg

Wow. You've spent $800 on MH!? I guess you have every awesome costume in the game by now.
My max will probably be 150-$200 in total. Though supposedly, this game will be around for close to a decade, so who knows how much cool stuff will come out that I will HAVE to buy? :)

Rhaknar

How silly is it that I want to get all the remaining costumes I want in order to feel... liberated? To be fair I did feel "liberated" (for lack if a better word) when I got all the heroes, just, I don't have to worry about it anymore, it's weird.

With the costumes, it's actually bothering me in the sense that I don't want to play certain heroes if I don't have a certain look. I don't need that many now (I just want 1 per hero anyway, except maybe some enhanced) but still, this fucking game definitely has it's hooks on me.

I know this post is very "first world problems" btw, for which I do apologize to anyone out there that can't get a hero they want for example, let alone a costume :/

I ended up buying both the Romani SW and Sensational Spidey costumes.
I then dumped their default cotumes along with a punisher one into the blender.

Ended up with Cable Armored Cyborg which is a pretty nice one.

Rhaknar

I ended up buying both the Romani SW and Sensational Spidey costumes.
I then dumped their default cotumes along with a punisher one into the blender.

Ended up with Cable Armored Cyborg which is a pretty nice one.

i hadnt made a costume in a long time, couldnt get a second unstable to drop, finally got one and crafted classic nightcrawler...which I have from the advance pack :(

I've only spent around $30 in the game but most of my favorite characters aren't in the game. I seem to have a thing for non popular heroes. Nice selection, no complaints. Moon Knight was my first must have.

Wait frankencastle was a clone? I was just reading up on it and I saw that Daken cut him to pieces and Morbius and his gang of freaks stitched Frank back up, I was actually going to ask how he got back to normal but if it was just a clone I guess he didn't

No, but my wording there was confusing.

He was Frank Castle. I meant he was a Frankenstein clone in the sense that he lumbered around and moaned/groaned like Frankenstein's monster. He showed glimpses of Frank's memories and mind still being intact, but he was a lot closer to the monster than the Punisher. That's why I'm confused they didn't go with an enhanced costume with different voice work, since it makes no sense with the regular Punisher voice.

I got the ultimate pack, the advance pack deluxe, the Loki hero pack and the 40€ (I guess that's 50$) G pack so far. Not too bad I'd say.

KePoW

Banned
Wow. You've spent $800 on MH!? I guess you have every awesome costume in the game by now.
My max will probably be 150-$200 in total. Though supposedly, this game will be around for close to a decade, so who knows how much cool stuff will come out that I will HAVE to buy? :)

I buy every costume that I'm personally interested in, but that's not all of them of course. Maybe 2 or 3 per character on average. On Deadpool I have like 6 or 7, but I got two of them through FC and a drop.

I don't think I'll have to buy any characters with real money anymore, since I have enough splinters saved up for any future ones.

KePoW

Banned
i hadnt made a costume in a long time, couldnt get a second unstable to drop, finally got one and crafted classic nightcrawler...which I have from the advance pack :(

In case you didn't know, you can get UMs with splinters and it doesn't cost much.

KePoW

Banned
I've only spent around $30 in the game but most of my favorite characters aren't in the game. I seem to have a thing for non popular heroes. Nice selection, no complaints. Moon Knight was my first must have.

Just curious, which are your favorite Marvel characters not in the game yet?

Rhaknar

In case you didn't know, you can get UMs with splinters and it doesn't cost much.

I know, and 25 is still too much, gotta be ready for those surprise heroes son! (and for team ups)

edit: Captain America makes lucky number 13. 17 to go :p

But if you already have every hero and the Advance Pack, you should be accumulating a ton of splinters now.

But it sounds like Nova (400+), Beast (200), and X-23 (200) will probably be released this year. They have already said teamups will cost splinters but we have no idea how many there will be or how much each will cost. I think I am around 600 splinters right now myself but since I have a fair number of characters already and bought the advance pack, I am resisting spending any more until one of these new items comes out.

Tried my Jean Grey at Doom and Loki last night.

Died a few times on Doom before beating him, but damn, Loki slaughtered me! Wasn't expecting it considering how beasty she's been up to that point, but all the aura and AoE stuff isn't any good against Loki phase two.

Any tips? Powers I should be using/rerolling?

Just gone back to doing Terminals and MM to get a few more levels up, and then I'll try again.

Rhaknar

Tried my Jean Grey at Doom and Loki last night.

Died a few times on Doom before beating him, but damn, Loki slaughtered me! Wasn't expecting it considering how beasty she's been up to that point, but all the aura and AoE stuff isn't any good against Loki phase two.

Any tips? Powers I should be using/rerolling?

Just gone back to doing Terminals and MM to get a few more levels up, and then I'll try again.

which difficulty we talking about here? Superheroic?

Rhaknar

Bwahaha, no - first run on Normal!

Got through phase one easily enough, but didn't look like getting close on phase two.

oh normal? dont remember any trouble with Jean, Loki and his stupid adds just melted from the aura+dashes

dash dash dash you cant catch me loki.

oh normal? dont remember any trouble with Jean, Loki and his stupid adds just melted from the aura+dashes

dash dash dash you cant catch me loki.

You mean Pheonix Charge?
How do you not run out of Phoenix Force on the second wave? I find kiting around just drains my Force and then you're stuck in Human form too long.

Also tried Flight for evade, but I don't think it's quick/efficient enough (at least with the handful of points I have in it).

Rhaknar

You mean Pheonix Charge?
How do you not run out of Phoenix Force on the second wave? I find kiting around just drains my Force and then you're stuck in Human form too long.

Also tried Flight for evade, but I don't think it's quick/efficient enough (at least with the handful of points I have in it).

Pheonix Charge costs spirit not Pheonix Force. And with all the adds in that fight dying, you have infinite pheonix force anyway

my spec, adjust to your level http://www.marvelbase.com/builds/generator/jean-grey#vMvKpKvK2y22222vv/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

KePoW

Banned
But it sounds like Nova (400+), Beast (200), and X-23 (200) will probably be released this year. They have already said teamups will cost splinters but we have no idea how many there will be or how much each will cost. I think I am around 600 splinters right now myself but since I have a fair number of characters already and bought the advance pack, I am resisting spending any more until one of these new items comes out.

What's team-ups? I don't really read the forums anymore so I don't follow what's upcoming.

I already have enough splinters for X-23 / Nova / Beast, but I dunno what team-ups is.

Rhaknar

What's team-ups? I don't really read the forums anymore so I don't follow what's upcoming.

I already have enough splinters for X-23 / Nova / Beast, but I dunno what team-ups is.

think Torchlight pets in Marvel Heroes form

KePoW

Banned
You guys have way too much disposable income.

I kinda do, but I'm in my mid-30s and have been working a professional office job for the past fifteen years.

No kids and never plan on having any, so I save a good amount every year.

I still don't like MH's pricing structure though, I wish it was either a monthly fee like a MMO or B2P with expansions.

They are going to add characters you can purchase as a pet/minion. They will have their own (limited) inventory and (again, limited) skills.

Rhaknar

I'm definitely doing something wrong then as the kiting around generally has me running out of PF.

Thanks, I'll reroll tonight and give that a go.

either we have different definitions of kiting or you`re not getting what I meant by dash dash dash. I dash towards him (and his adds), criss crossing him back and forth. Kiting is usually running away with adds while shooting them

Yeah, it's going to be heroes you can buy and summon (they'll have their own little roster).
Apparently the first ones are gonna be Spider-Man, Falcon (for the Cap 2 movie), and a female that "nobody would guess, but will garner nods of approval once revealed" (paraphrasing here).

They also mentioned upcoming characters being team-ups (such as Dazzler and Domino), along with other characters that would be difficult to realize as full characters (e.g. Rescue).

Top Bottom