• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I forgot to add this earlier, Cap is shockingly (well for me) awesome, and hes a BEAST, I one shot SH Loki easily. Cap and Daredevil, biggest surprises for me so far by far.

My updated Tier list (60s only)!

Tier 1: Ms.Marvel, Emma, Colossus, Spiderman, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Captain America, Rocket Racoon, Ghost Rider
Tier 2: Cyclops, Hawkeye, Loki, Squirrel Girl

Tier 1 being heroes I will play again / regulary at 60

edit: also from Doomsaw:
"Later today we're testing the tech to stop boosts from counting down in hubs / pvp / training room.
We'll let you know how it goes and hopefully release it next week."

Yeah, it's going to be heroes you can buy and summon (they'll have their own little roster).
Apparently the first ones are gonna be Spider-Man, Falcon (for the Cap 2 movie), and a female that "nobody would guess, but will garner nods of approval once revealed" (paraphrasing here).

They also mentioned upcoming characters being team-ups (such as Dazzler and Domino), along with other characters that would be difficult to realize as full characters (e.g. Rescue).

What a fantastic inclusion.

Yeah, it's going to be heroes you can buy and summon (they'll have their own little roster).
Apparently the first ones are gonna be Spider-Man, Falcon (for the Cap 2 movie), and a female that "nobody would guess, but will garner nods of approval once revealed" (paraphrasing here).

They also mentioned upcoming characters being team-ups (such as Dazzler and Domino), along with other characters that would be difficult to realize as full characters (e.g. Rescue).

The bolded must be an exaggeration...there isn't anybody I couldn't guess that would even be considered for this game.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all,

We're getting ready to deliver Wolverine, Fear Itself to Advance Pack owners. Likely within 8 days or ealier.

It will be on sale about 1 month after that. The other Advance Pack costume is still in development, but should be delivered by June of this year.

doomsaw just posted that

NVNTcbe.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
woot, cant wait, been holding off starting wolverine because of that cotume (same for gambit with death)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
also doomsaw posted this in my thread about dr strange price

The good news is that Wolverine will get his motorcycle some day, thanks to Ghost Rider tech.

...and Silver Surfer will definitely benefit from that tech.

im guessing wolverine wil get that bike with his review

Moondrop

Banned
Crossing my fingers for Shadowcat as a team-up sooner than later.

I forgot to add this earlier, Cap is shockingly (well for me) awesome, and hes a BEAST, I one shot SH Loki easily.

When you say "one shot" do you mean you defeated a boss with a single attack? Because I think that's how most would interpret the phrase.

The bolded must be an exaggeration...there isn't anybody I couldn't guess that would even be considered for this game.

Of course, hardcore comic fans probably would be less surprised by even more obscure choices, but the "nobody would guess" is a sic. That said, I am curious about who it's going to be.

Jeans New X-men costume is looking really good!

Yeah, I might actually pick it up. I'm not a big fan of the Jean costumes that are in the game atm, but I really dig this one.

Rhaknar

Crossing my fingers for Shadowcat as a team-up sooner than later.

When you say "one shot" do you mean you defeated a boss with a single attack? Because I think that's how most would interpret the phrase.

I mean I killed him without dying, one shot for mmo style games is usually killing a boss in your first try :)

Also I'm buying that Jean costume day 1, looks awesome. And for wolverine, I'll just play him to 30ish like all the non review heroes

Of course, hardcore comic fans probably would be less surprised by even more obscure choices, but the "nobody would guess" is a sic. That said, I am curious about who it's going to be.

My feeling is that wasp would make a really good team up but that almost seems too obvious for that comment. I'm assuming it's not someone already modeled in the game like shanna or silver sable. A couple of off the wall guesses would be Madame webb and Danger. Hope is a possibility too.

That new Jean outfit does look great. Its not just the colors and the design of the outfit, but Jeans hair and face that look really good too.
I just hope they can make Jean (not Phoenix) more fun to play.

Just curious, which are your favorite Marvel characters not in the game yet?

A few that I would be willing to pay money to play:

Rom The Space Knight (which will never appear I know)
Marvel own Micronauts such as Commander Rann, Bug, and Princess Mars
Machine Man
Warlock from the New Mutants.
Havok
Spiderman 2009
Rawhide Kid
Dazzler

What are the real value of cosmic items? When do there special stats no longer make up for being a low level item?

I have a cosmic Moon Knight body suit. It had a defense of 199 and + 1 all powers. I'm regularly getting drops of body suits with 899 defense.

KePoW

Banned
A few that I would be willing to pay money to play:

Machine Man
Havok
Spiderman 2009
Rawhide Kid
Dazzler

Haha interesting list!

Dazzler and Havok might make it someday, because they're already in the game at least.

Vecks

What are the real value of cosmic items? When do there special stats no longer make up for being a low level item?

I have a cosmic Moon Knight body suit. It had a defense of 199 and + 1 all powers. I'm regularly getting drops of body suits with 899 defense.

Well, there are a number of factors to look at. First of all, it takes a huge amount of defense to make a real difference. I'd say, about 800-1000 defense, at higher levels before it kind of matters (and by that I mean like a 5% damage reduction). So, you shouldn't be worried too much about the defense.

Second, the special ability of the cosmic. Some are better than others. For instance, invulnerability is always valuable since level won't change what it does. Other types of special abilities, like chance to do extra cosmic damage, scale with level of the item, so they are much less important at low levels.

Third, what you personally feel you need with that item slot. While Uniques can be dramatically cooler (huge stat boosts, unique summons, etc), cosmics and epics aren't that far apart in terms of what they provide. It's important to just look through the stats and see if it has something you want, like a good HP/dodge boost for survival, or critical strike for DPS. Some slots can boost movement speed, power duration, or attack speed. And some epics give +1 to entire power trees, so they might be fairly equal to cosmics in that department.

Rhaknar

Might have to put aside wanting to wait for reviews and level up Jean and/or Storm to 60 (both are 32), I'm really in the mood for "I'm flying here and shit is dying" right now and I'm not feeling any of my remaining lvl 1s at the moment.

It's either that or try a Moon Knight range build and see if that grabs me more than the melee one did

Teggy

I doubt it would ever happen, but wouldn't Phyla-vell/Quasar be a great character? Costume is awesome, she has that huge sword and all the wristband powers:

1218371741_38cb310c60.jpg

ROM and Micronauts are, actually, not owned by Marvel.

ROM the Space Knight is co-owned by Parker, though the rest of the Space Knights are owned entirely by Marvel, so we might see somebody else from them (e.g. Ikon, who is a member of the Annihilators representing the Space Knights).

Micronauts haven't been published by Marvel since the early 2000s. I dunno where the license is now, but I remember Image took it from Marvel. Legal issues aside, the Micronauts (unlike ROM) aren't even part of the greater Marvel universe, so we're never gonna see them.

Machine Man
Havok
Spiderman 2009
Rawhide Kid
Dazzler

Dazzler and Havok have been confirmed to be coming as playable characters eventually. I imagine Spider-Man 2099 being an enhanced Spidey suit rather than his own character. Doubt we'll see Machine Man, Rawhide Kid or Warlock any time soon, even as team-ups. :p

I doubt it would ever happen, but wouldn't Phyla-vell/Quasar be a great character? Costume is awesome, she has that huge sword and all the wristband powers:

Phyla-Vell would be cool. But I'd rather have some other cosmic characters first.

Toppot

Picked up a random Fortune Card drop in Midtown, just leveling up Thor a bit. And what was inside....

HLZkjX5.png

I think I have used up my luck for a long while after this and Noir Spidey xD

ROM and Micronauts are, actually, not owned by Marvel.

Micronauts haven't been published by Marvel since the early 2000s. I dunno where the license is now, but I remember Image took it from Marvel. Legal issues aside, the Micronauts (unlike ROM) aren't even part of the greater Marvel universe, so we're never gonna see them.

Marvel / Disney still owns several characters and still uses them. I think only one of the main characters, Arcoyear, was even based on a toy. Bug shows up often. He was a part of the Guardians of the Galaxy recently.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Avengers:_E...earing_in_.22They_Came_From_Inner_Space.21.22

http://www.comicvine.com/bug/4005-5049/

ROM the Space Knight is co-owned by Parker, though the rest of the Space Knights are owned entirely by Marvel, so we might see somebody else from them (e.g. Ikon, who is a member of the Annihilators representing the Space Knights).

Space Knights could show up but I doubt it. There is so much of Marvel that should be in the game

Dazzler and Havok have been confirmed to be coming as playable characters eventually. I imagine Spider-Man 2099 being an enhanced Spidey suit rather than his own character. Doubt we'll see Machine Man, Rawhide Kid or Warlock any time soon, even as team-ups. :p

I'm rather surprised Spider-man 2009 isn't available as a suit. Guess they need to space everything out.

Vecks

Picked up a random Fortune Card drop in Midtown, just leveling up Thor a bit. And what was inside....

HLZkjX5.png

Your luck is too good. The game is trying to keep you from leaving.

Marvel / Disney still owns several characters and still uses them. I think only one of the main characters, Arcoyear, was even based on a toy. Bug shows up often. He was a part of the Guardians of the Galaxy recently.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Avengers:_E...earing_in_.22They_Came_From_Inner_Space.21.22

http://www.comicvine.com/bug/4005-5049/

Oh I'm aware of Bug, but it seems he's the only character that has some sort of frequency to his appearances. I think he might be part of Marvel's side of the deal regarding the Micronauts (just like the entire Space Knight mythos minus ROM), but I still wouldn't count on it happening.

Space Knights could show up but I doubt it. There is so much of Marvel that should be in the game

And hopefully we'll see most of it in those 10 years Gazillion is contracted with Marvel. :p I hope the game continues being a big success and Marvel considers prolonging the contract after those 10 years, even.

The Space Knights probably won't show up solely based on the fact that their entire planet was wiped out during Infinity, however, 2 Space Knights survived (Ikon and Starshine).
We might see one of these 2 or both as NPCs or something, since some of the Annihilators are already present/planned (Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer and Nova, respectively), and Ronan is very likely to show up with whatever content they tie into the GotG film. Only Quasar and Gladiator wouldn't be present (yet).

Toppot

Your luck is too good. The game is trying to keep you from leaving.
Haha yeah it is. Almost got burnt out again after getting Spider-Man to 60, but now I'm getting Thor to 60. After that I want to get Deadpool for his synergies, and because I think he will be a laugh to play through with. I might save up 600 Eternity Splitters, I might buy his Character pack, or try and get him using 2 random Character Boxes and then buy him if I don't get him.

Jean at Level 40 now after a whole bunch of Legendary Quests + an EXP boost. Definitely going to 60 with her too, should be a piece of cake.

Also got my first unique with her while flying around MM; the Golden Sash of the Cosmic Entity.

oh normal? dont remember any trouble with Jean, Loki and his stupid adds just melted from the aura+dashes

dash dash dash you cant catch me loki.

Rerolled last night and used your dash tactic.

Downed him in like 3 minutes, so thanks haha :)

HLZkjX5.png

Nice.
This is the only FC1 costume Ive never found and as a member of the minority who actually likes playing Wolverine in MH, I want it! :)

Ugh scarlet witch is not fun at all. I assume she has a review coming up. The worst thing is she seems to be leveling way slower than my nightcrawler and moon knight.

Lord Phol

A quick Tuesday update for you:

• We're getting ready for the small patch this week, likely Thursday morning, but potentially Friday morning if needed. Some quality of life changes, X-Defense tuning, bug fixes, new weekend event, etc.

• A lot of design work went into finishing up Gambit changes based on test center feedback. Lots of small bugs fixed up and a tuning pass by Psilocke and the team. Big thanks to @PsiLocke* @MichaelMayhem* @TheArtofRawr* @Ryolnir* for all their work on the Gambit design pass and the VFX and animation team who came up with some great stuff.

• Dr. Strange effects work continued today. I checked out a couple and I have to say he will have some of the most striking visual effects I've seen in an ARPG. His animations are also looking cool, including his flight animation.

• Work on the new Black Panther costume is coming along. She is getting her own set of animations and her model looks insane.

• As above, for the next Ghost Rider costume, which is beautiful.

• Gambit's stormtrooper costume and Jean Grey's All New X-Men costume are done and ready for store debut in a few days. Both look cooler than I even imagined.

• @amthua finished a design and tuning review and made a couple of small buffs to Gambit uniques. Him and the team are continuing their massive review of all items which will result in a large number of tuning changes, almost all nice buffs.

• We had a Raid team meeting today to go over all the raid encounters and bosses. Lots of work to do, but will be a compeletely new thing for ARPGs.

• Team Ups got ahead in engineering and design today. They are more advanced than I originally envisioned and I think they will end up being extremely cool when they launch with the Cap movie.

More tomorrow.

From Tuesday Night Update

Also Gambit on TC is amazing! Will probably be my third Main (with Ghost Rider and Nightcrawler), definetly buying the Stormtrooper-costume.

Rhaknar

oh shit I forgot about panther`s enhanced costume coming, im glad I didnt buy wakanda tech one

edit: and jeanie costume coming soon too, maybe with the wolverine one, nice. and another weekend event... they have to realise all these evnts will mean that when there isnt one, peple will backlash :(

Vecks

Team up's launching next month? Time to start saving up splinters.

Found a pet today off Sinister. Didn't even realize pets dropped.

Rhaknar

did a bunch of xdef with storm today, got 4 uniques, unfortunately 2 were dupes, oh well. got 3 on her now, boots, head and cloak. im keeping the dupes because they said we can do something with them soon / eventually. Shes also 49, on her way to be by 14th I guess.

LuuKyK

I really like that new Jean costume. It doesnt even seem to be the same character. Probably because her face is very different from the ones in the other costumes.

did a bunch of xdef with storm today, got 4 uniques, unfortunately 2 were dupes, oh well. got 3 on her now, boots, head and cloak. im keeping the dupes because they said we can do something with them soon / eventually. Shes also 49, on her way to be by 14th I guess.

What sort of RIF/SIF are you running?

I've had 3 Uniques in my entire time in MH now - over 70 hours now.

Vecks

When is this costume coming out? @_@

I forgot what level my Jean was but that'd be a nice incentive to level her.

Probably the small patch this weekend. Friday is usually patch day.

Gambit's stormtrooper costume and Jean Grey's All New X-Men costume are done and ready for store debut in a few days.

Top Bottom