• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

LuuKyK

They always do some crazy promotional giveaways close to movies or events tied to Marvel, so keep an eye out for those. I got three characters (Iron Man, Hulk and Thor) that way. :p

It doesn't hurt to know the background on Apocalypse, but you'll get settled in almost immediately either way. You don't have to read anything else to supplement the story, it's all self contained.

Good to know. Thanks.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to get more storage spaces without spending money or you have to pay?

one of the few things you can only get by paying. It's worth it, but you'll also NEVER have enough, so don't go crazy. Keep only what seems worth keeping.

Speaking of which, only just found out this weekend that insignias and any hero uniques can go in character storage if they can wear that insignia. Between urus, rings, any hero uniques and insignias, that's quite a bit of space they're good for.

Also Gambit is really fun now. Playing mostly melee, Grand Slam just wrecks shop. He has pretty versatile build options too.

Vecks

Yeah, it's great that character storage can store any-hero uniques. Since the last patch, I've been getting a fair amount of them (I think 4 or 5). I even found one that I really wanted, the one that summons a sentinel.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's great that character storage can store any-hero uniques. Since the last patch, I've been getting a fair amount of them (I think 4 or 5). I even found one that I really wanted, the one that summons a sentinel.

I've seen a TON of them drop for other people, I was in one x-def where 2 Satan Claws and another any hero dropped. Personally I've only gotten 2 since the patch, a Cerebro Remote Interface and a Death Seed. Cerebro is pretty awesome for Emma/SW/Jean (non-phoenix), and probably for Strange too, who I'm holding on to it for. Not playing a ton of SW at the moment.

Is there any way to get more storage spaces without spending money or you have to pay?

I bought my first one on the weekend. Got sick of trying to manage one storage tab.

Think I'll be fine with two as I'm not really keeping anything I'm not using. Just Runes (which have their own tab now), the odd Uniques for characters I don't own and Artifacts/Medals etc..

Mxrz

So how often do the starting hero choices change?

Right now i'm looking at Cap or Storm. Leaning towards Cap just to go around blasting his MSH theme and shouting Final Justice, but Storm has a history of being OP in every game ever.

GManDH

So how often do the starting hero choices change?

Right now i'm looking at Cap or Storm. Leaning towards Cap just to go around blasting his MSH theme and shouting Final Justice, but Storm has a history of being OP in every game ever.

i think they never change. they might over time put some heroes in there so that way new players dont have to pay all the heroes, but they dont rotate them.

Ah okay, you hate Bendis??

He is very hit-or-miss. He wrote one of the most amazing Daredevil runs ever. He wrote Powers. He wrote the original Ultimate stuff. That's good.

He also crapped all over the Avengers and gave the world Age of Ultron. People also say his most recent Guardians stuff is terrible, but I can't vouch for that.

I'd say there are lots of better writers working in the industry today. Remender has been on a tear recently, especially if you check out Image stuff. Matt Fraction probably had the best year of anyone in comics last year with Hawkeye and Sex Criminals. Brubaker hasn't been quite as prolific but everything he does is quality.

And my fanboyism aside, Brian K. Vaughan is still the top guy in the business (he just doesn't work for Marvel very often). Saga is incredible. Y: The Last Man is my favorite comic ever. He did an incredible job on the Runaways if you're interested in his Marvel work.

Uru's are next to completely worthless for trading. You can sometimes get a free one just by asking someone to donate one. Level 25 uru's are in slightly (barely) more demand but not by much.

As for runes:

Zod's are the most expensive usually going for multiple blessings/HoD's/etc. mostly due to rarity.

Tyr's are next, despite being less rare than say... Thor, they're key in the most useful runeword by far (Bowazon)

Saturn's while not as 'expensive' as Tyr's still go for a good chunk because they're the next rarest component in Bowazon

Thor runes are also pretty sought after.

The vast majority of other runes have next to no trading value. A serpent can sometimes fetch a decent price it seems but not compared to the others. The problem with the other rare runes:

Loki - does absolutely nothing currently (no runeword uses it, no enchant for it)
Odin - does nothing unless you have a Thor rune, and Thor is necessary for more runewords
Ymir - only 1 runeword and it's not very good
Sif - requires Thor
Frigga - requires Thor

Runes can be used to supplement a trade and sometimes you can offer enough "bulk" of runes to entice a trader, but it's certainly not the norm.

Thanks for that.
I have many, many runes, but of the one you listed, I have only found 1 Frigga. I guess some of these things are insanely rare.

Why can I run Crysis 1 / 2 and 3, yet this game runs like junk for me, even when I turn down the settings?

My computer is years old now, but it was surprising that on launch, I couldn't even run the game (it would bin to the desktop, or freeze completely, with memory errors every 10-15 mins) and even now, I'm running it on the absolute lowest settings available - and it still runs poorly.

Looking to get a new computer soon, but I understand even great PC's still run this poorly, especially in the random boss fights and MM etc, when there's lots going on.

KePoW

Banned
He is very hit-or-miss. He wrote one of the most amazing Daredevil runs ever. He wrote Powers. He wrote the original Ultimate stuff. That's good.

He also crapped all over the Avengers and gave the world Age of Ultron. People also say his most recent Guardians stuff is terrible, but I can't vouch for that.

I'd say there are lots of better writers working in the industry today. Remender has been on a tear recently, especially if you check out Image stuff. Matt Fraction probably had the best year of anyone in comics last year with Hawkeye and Sex Criminals. Brubaker hasn't been quite as prolific but everything he does is quality.

And my fanboyism aside, Brian K. Vaughan is still the top guy in the business (he just doesn't work for Marvel very often). Saga is incredible. Y: The Last Man is my favorite comic ever. He did an incredible job on the Runaways if you're interested in his Marvel work.

Ahh thx for the info! I have read some Runaways, which I really liked a lot.

I did not like the first issue of Sex Criminals, but I think that was more the art style for me.

KePoW

Banned
Why can I run Crysis 1 / 2 and 3, yet this game runs like junk for me, even when I turn down the settings?

My computer is years old now, but it was surprising that on launch, I couldn't even run the game (it would bin to the desktop, or freeze completely, with memory errors every 10-15 mins) and even now, I'm running it on the absolute lowest settings available - and it still runs poorly.

Looking to get a new computer soon, but I understand even great PC's still run this poorly, especially in the random boss fights and MM etc, when there's lots going on.

For Baleoce, that's weird. I run at Maximum on my desktop and it's fine. It can drop into the 30s during huge multiplayer boss fights, but that doesn't bother me.

When solo it's almost always above 60 fps.

On my laptop I have to run Minimum and it only runs 'okay'. But hey that's a laptop

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It's a poorly optimized game. It's gotten better. Remember Limbo at launch? Hoo boy. But it still hitches poorly and seems like it's full of memory leaks. My performance has a tendency to degrade over time, which also used to be much worse, so I relog every now and then, which helps, if I'm playing long sessions.

Instocktrades.com probably has it for cheaper than Amazon and they ship internationally now...so it might be something to check as well.

This is always the correct answer for TBPs. You're looking at 40-50% off even on the brand new releases. If you purchase more than $50 worth of trades, they even ship for free. It's cheap shipping either way since they use media mail. I can also vouch that their packaging is nothing short of amazing and your books will arrive in pristine shape.

I love IST.

It's a poorly optimized game. It's gotten better. Remember Limbo at launch? Hoo boy. But it still hitches poorly and seems like it's full of memory leaks. My performance has a tendency to degrade over time, which also used to be much worse, so I relog every now and then, which helps, if I'm playing long sessions.

Oh man, I heard horror stories about launch Limbo. :p

My computer is not very powerful, and I run this game perfectly fine on lower settings, unless there's like a metric shitload of stuff happening on screen (like 15 people attacking bosses and 3 camps of mobs in Midtown). My issues also increase over time, which a quick restart of the game fixes.

There's only one area in the game where I have consistent issues, and it's Mutant Town in Chapter 5 (the slums with the Sentinels leading up to the sewers). That always lags for no explicable reason. Oh also like the first part of the Raft where you land with the jet and walk along this metal boardwalk. I get stuttering there as well until I enter the building.

My computer runs the game with no issues at all, but I need to take a look at the game settings to see if I can do anything about boss fights. In X-Defense or even Midtown Madness, I often lose track of the bosses under all the different AOE effects and attacks taking place. The bosses aren't larger than most characters, and the overwhelming number of skills going off at once makes it difficult to track them.

Anyone else have this issue? I can see Juggernaut and the like fine, but most bosses aren't his size.

Vecks

If there are lots of people I always lose track of bosses. I have to use minimap to get a general idea of where they are. You can change the transparency of other people's powers, but it looks weird without all the flashy battle effects.

If there are lots of people I always lose track of bosses. I have to use minimap to get a general idea of where they are. You can change the transparency of other people's powers, but it looks weird without all the flashy battle effects.

I'll give that a shot and see if it helps, thanks.

My computer runs the game with no issues at all, but I need to take a look at the game settings to see if I can do anything about boss fights. In X-Defense or even Midtown Madness, I often lose track of the bosses under all the different AOE effects and attacks taking place. The bosses aren't larger than most characters, and the overwhelming number of skills going off at once makes it difficult to track them.

Anyone else have this issue? I can see Juggernaut and the like fine, but most bosses aren't his size.

Originally, I've had these problems as well, but eventually, I've started using both minimap and being generally aware of stuff. I usually can discern the bosses from the heroes, the only time it gets hectic is when there's a lot of regular enemies as well.

LuuKyK

So, apparently a russian site discovered images of a new Taskmaster model, and screens of his inventory. Gazillion asked them to take down the screens. New, surprise hero? Team-Up Hero?

He was obviously going to be a hero eventually, but I find him so boring. I really dont like this characters that basically imitates others powers. There is nothing new to them.

Some discussion on the matter on the forums and on reddit.

inky

There was an idea floating around about Taskmaster's trees letting you mix/match trees & powers from other heroes you own. I think it could be a neat idea if executed properly.

LuuKyK

There was an idea floating around about Taskmaster's trees letting you mix/match trees & powers from other heroes you own. I think it could be a neat idea if executed properly.

I thought they were doing something like that for Rogue. I remember a lot of discussion on the forums over how complex of a character she would be and etc. Taskmaster could use a similar mechanic I guess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love Taskmaster and he would be another sword hero that you guys were just asking for just the other day. Also, this:

148128_188881_taskmaster_super.jpg

so nobody saved those russian pictures? as far as I know WE dont have to take them down correct?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Domino, X-23 and others are still planned however.

so is tasky probably. hell, I didnt see these latest (are they even latest?) pictures but when I was talking about villains in the game with loading screens, like Magneto (already announced), Elektra (very likely as a hero) and Taskmaster, I believe it was frostinferno that said his portrait was datamined ages ago

I can totally see a 2015 advance pack with 3 more villains, those villains being Elektra, Taskmaster and Dr. Doom

Phoenix tree, NC Teleportation tree, MOAR SQUIRRELS tree. Bam. We're done here.

LuuKyK

so is tasky probably. hell, I didnt see these latest (are they even latest?) pictures but when I was talking about villains in the game with loading screens, like Magneto (already announced), Elektra (very likely as a hero) and Taskmaster, I believe it was frostinferno that said his portrait was datamined ages ago

I can totally see a 2015 advance pack with 3 more villains, those villains being Elektra, Taskmaster and Dr. Doom

Well remembered. Elektra needs to be a character. If she is not released next year I will be pissed. She is my most wanted character after Psylocke.

There was nothin special about the Taskmaster picture, just a generic standing pose. Actually I'm pretty sure it will just be an April Fools Joke.

Loki's skills were datamined well before he was released, so I'd expect something like that before we can reasonably expect Tasky playable.

I highly doubt that Taskmaster would come be configurable with the trees of other characters. You could make him insanely OP, and that would actually dissuade people from playing other characters.

Plus, Taskmaster sucks. Such a terrible villain.

Phoenix tree, NC Teleportation tree, MOAR SQUIRRELS tree. Bam. We're done here.

He'd have to get skills based on things he can actually mimic. That's his whole shtick. He has photographic reflexes, so he can use humanly possible skills, but he doesn't gain a mutant power like teleportation, the phoenix force or the ability to communicate with squirrels. The things he'd be able to get would only be abilities involving weapons or martial arts.

Plus, Taskmaster sucks. Such a terrible villain.

I think he's alright. However, Marvel seems to really like and push him. It's only a question of time until he's going to be playable in Marvel Heroes - he's been playable in most Marvel games featuring extensive rosters since MvC3. The fact he's a boss above the huge amount of other villains that exist in the Marvel universe already speaks volumes about his situation. :p

Was that from a Fortune Card?

Yeah. Not sure how I got it either. I just went through a terminal run to gather up gear to donate so i can get the crafters up to level 10 and when i went to empty my loot, the card was there. Right clicked on it and got the Iron man stealth suit. First time I've gotten something other than a boost.

KePoW

Banned
Yeah. Not sure how I got it either. I just went through a terminal run to gather up gear to donate so i can get the crafters up to level 10 and when i went to empty my loot, the card was there. Right clicked on it and got the Iron man stealth suit. First time I've gotten something other than a boost.

Sweet score!!

I would actually like to see them add more mooks and bosses to the game. There's a ton of heroes but I'm sick of beating on poor little moloids. I would love to fight the Phalanx.

Gothos

Hm, so I think my DD is maxed out as I finally fully levelled up my Gungnir tonight. I might use a bit better ring and maybe get lvl60 mask unique (current one is lvl 48, gonna upgrade it at 2 million credits mark if I won't find lvl60 by then) but other that that I'm not sure there is anything else I should bother with (also got two Hela blessings). I'm doing any Cosmic without much trouble (I die if I only royally fuck up) and besides that everything just melts in my path, hehe :D But I'll be still playing him, he's simply too much fun to shelve him :) Hopefuly Dr. Strange we'll be also that good!

I would actually like to see them add more mooks and bosses to the game. There's a ton of heroes but I'm sick of beating on poor little moloids. I would love to fight the Phalanx.

Well there's not that many organizations left to pick from. Mostly stuff from space (Skrulls, Kree, Phalanx as well, Badoon, etc.).

Top Bottom