• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got a pet drop from hood, the little raptor. well ok then o_O

For Vampirella, the ones I've read have all been full color. The B&W ones must be really old series. I would give the current ongoing series a try from Issue #1 (2010):

http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=31309

For Red Sonja, try the new series (2013) by Gail Simone. I've read a couple issues so far and it seems cool:

http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=40924

Thanks dude. I will probably give these a look in soon, as Witchblade is sending me to sleep.

*Phew* Finally maxed out all the vendors. Time to start rolling in the credits.

Until Gaz put the "Rare to Cosmic item upgrade" back in the game, I have nothing to spend my money on... except maybe the Prestige Iron Buddies :(

Lord Phol

A bit off-topic but I'm midly interested in the Marvel Unlimit susbcription but heard it's crap. Anyone have any experience with it?

A bit off-topic but I'm midly interested in the Marvel Unlimit susbcription but heard it's crap. Anyone have any experience with it?

The service is, conceptually, amazing. In practice, it has been a giant piece of crap.

This stems almost entirely from the Android and iOS app being horrible. Constant crashes, poor resolution and transition on the comics, limited functionality...pretty much everything that makes an app bad.

BUT, Marvel just announced that they've updated and fixed it for iOS, which a similar fix coming out on Android very soon. Word of mouth from people using it is that everything is great now. I'm eagerly awaiting the update so I can go back to reading comics on my Nexus 7 again.

If you are interested in giving it a shot, there's month trial for only $0.99 in honor of SXSW, so you can see what's out there. It's an enormous catalogue, and even the new series get added six months after publication. As long as you're okay with delaying your reading that long, the value is unbeatable. I read all my Marvel comics through Unlimited (on my PC, since the app is garbage). Once they fix the app it will be an amazing value.

KePoW

Banned

Agree *100%* with Tragicomedy

It would really be a great value for what you get... if the fucking reading methods were worth a shit.

Both the Android app and PC Browser reader are fucking horrible. Such a shame because the amount of content for the price is great.

I finally hit 60 with the Punisher last night. My altitis had me playing a dozen different characters up through 30ish to get a feel for them, before I finally settled down and went ham on Frank.

He's a really fun character, and he has a passive ability that makes him suprisingly durable. I don't really die on him, although I'll admit I haven't run any cosmics or the like. He puts out very solid damage, and just generally feels different than most of the other characters in the game.

While I wait for Dr. Strange's release, I'll try to push another character (or two) to the level cap. My closest right now are Captain America, Colossus, Jean Grey, and Nightcrawler. Right now I'm leaning towards Jean since she seems to be ridiculously powerful and very easy to play. Stuff around her just melts and I can zone out with a podcast or something while I level her.

I've heard Storm is similarly powerful, but I have her at level one.

KePoW

Banned
I finally hit 60 with the Punisher last night. My altitis had me playing a dozen different characters up through 30ish to get a feel for them, before I finally settled down and went ham on Frank.

He's a really fun character, and he has a passive ability that makes him suprisingly durable. I don't really die on him, although I'll admit I haven't run any cosmics or the like. He puts out very solid damage, and just generally feels different than most of the other characters in the game.

While I wait for Dr. Strange's release, I'll try to push another character (or two) to the level cap. My closest right now are Captain America, Colossus, Jean Grey, and Nightcrawler. Right now I'm leaning towards Jean since she seems to be ridiculously powerful and very easy to play. Stuff around her just melts and I can zone out with a podcast or something while I level her.

I've heard Storm is similarly powerful, but I have her at level one.

What about THING?

Are you a huge comic fan of THING??

GManDH

Kepow, sorry bout yesterday. Went to do stuff and never came back, will def. be on tonight. we can do cosmics and XDEF all night. maybe a few terminals?? i need some shards.

KePoW

Banned
Kepow, sorry bout yesterday. Went to do stuff and never came back, will def. be on tonight. we can do cosmics and XDEF all night. maybe a few terminals?? i need some shards.

Hey broski, we rocked!! I didn't know you get uniques all the time lol

What about THING?

Are you a huge comic fan of THING??

He's one of few characters that I don't own, along with Cable, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, and Loki. I'm not super interested in those guys. My opinions of Thing are based on how he was during launch, but he never struck me as interesting. I had more fun tanking on Colossus.

I'm saving all my splinters for Dr. Strange so I don't think I'll buy anyone else prior to that. I have a lot of characters that I've not really tried yet who may be right up my alley, but there are only so many hours in the day. :)

Thor, for instance, was a ton of fun to play in the beta. I'll play him some eventually. Right now I'm just focused on characters that I've already invested some time into to try and get them to the level cap. Captain America is sitting in the mid-40s, so he might be the best choice.

LuuKyK

Hey broski, we rocked!! I didn't know you get uniques all the time lol

we will get more today. I NEED SOME MORE.

I want to play with you guys. I will try to be online later today. Hopefully we can join for some fun XDEF. :D

I'm saving all my splinters for Dr. Strange so I don't think I'll buy anyone else prior to that. I have a lot of characters that I've not really tried yet who may be right up my alley, but there are only so many hours in the day. :)

I am still at 300 splinters and I am saving up for Psylocke. She is still at least two months away so I think I am good. I think. I am not playing much at all as I am busy at work and uni so hopefully there will be enough time to save a 100 more of those.

KePoW

Banned
He's one of few characters that I don't own, along with Cable, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, and Loki. I'm not super interested in those guys. My opinions of Thing are based on how he was during launch, but he never struck me as interesting. I had more fun tanking on Colossus.

Thor, for instance, was a ton of fun to play in the beta. I'll play him some eventually. Right now I'm just focused on characters that I've already invested some time into to try and get them to the level cap. Captain America is sitting in the mid-40s, so he might be the best choice.

Ahh okay. I usually got my characters in the order of how much I liked them as a comic character.

Maybe finish Jean since she's really different than Punisher. Plus she's easy to play in this game.

I spent all day playing Thing.
In just ONE game of Xdefense, I found six Uniques!
All of them were for Thing and three of them were duplicates. My team made it to level 33 (no Doops), which is easily the furthest Ive been, as I dont play Xdefense much.
Its just crazy, how easy Uniques are to find there, compared to how hard they are to find in Midtown.

seth-magic

Neo Member
n00b question of the day - 3/12/2014:

I created a new account, and purchased the Spider-Man Hero Pack (since this is my way of playing a Spidey MMO for only $20). Then, I launched the game for the first time.

Being a new account, I was prompted for the initial character selection (Human Torch, Cap, Storm, etc). I didn't think too much of it, as I suspected there was an in-game character management screen, in which I could choose between default starting character and any others obtained through gameplay/purchase/etc.

Sure enough, after the introductory cut-scene with Doom and Uatu, I hit the menu at the bottom-left of the HUD, and notice a 'Roster' sub-menu. Clicked it.

Spider-Man is listed in the 'Roster' - but is grayed out. Along with every other character in the roster; the only exception being Human Torch (starting character).

All the confirmation emails/messages I got from my order of the Hero Pack say that I need to login to my account to check the delivery status. Is something going to be delivered to my house? That seems HIGHLY ineffective. I logged in to my account, and checked on the status...but was only able to verify that I did, indeed, order that Hero Pack.

howdoiplayasspider-manthat'salliwanttodoinlifeperiod.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Did you purchase the pack on the Marvel Heroes website or through Steam?

If you purchased it on the website, were you logged into your account when you purchased it? Did you log into that same account when you started with Human Torch? If you, check your account management on the site.

I have no idea about Steam purchases for this game, sorry.

All else fails, contact customer support. They're pretty good about getting you what you need.

seth-magic

Neo Member
Did you purchase the pack on the Marvel Heroes website or through Steam?

If you purchased it on the website, were you logged into your account when you purchased it? Did you log into that same account when you started with Human Torch? If you, check your account management on the site.

I have no idea about Steam purchases for this game, sorry.

All else fails, contact customer support. They're pretty good about getting you what you need.

Purchased through Marvel Heroes site, while logged in. Logged in to game with same account.

It's perplexing, to say the least. Might give customer service a jangle once the work day comes to a close.

Oh, and if anyone wants to be in-game bffs:
Heroes: sethmagic
Steam: amso36

Vecks

if you bought a pack from marvel heroes, i think everything goes straight to the stash. basically, play with torch until you get to the avenger's tower. then go to the stash, there should be a spiderman tab, and in there should be the token for spiderman. could also be in inventory. basically the hero doesn't automatically activate. there should be a token that you right click in your inventory or stash.

seth-magic

Neo Member
if you bought a pack from marvel heroes, i think everything goes straight to the stash. basically, play with torch until you get to the avenger's tower. then go to the stash, there should be a spiderman tab, and in there should be the token for spiderman. could also be in inventory. basically the hero doesn't automatically activate. there should be a token that you right click in your inventory or stash.

The Stash...well, at least my original claim of n00bery is not going unfounded.

I'll check that as soon as I get a chance to login.

(will the hero be active immediately, or is there a level/game-progress requirement?)

Vecks

As soon as you activate the token, you can start playing that hero immediately. You just go to the roster and switch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new Rocket costume (video)

new legendary for weekend event (special event drop, you dont buy it aparently)

PDSyy0X.png

Blank!

Im interested in how "lucky" the chest is, but otherwise, I'll probably just drop this on a character I don't like/play often :[

if its like the credit and SIF artifacts, you will be drowining in them

Hope so!
I only have one Legendary, on my Jean.

300 Odin Marks takes foreveeeeerrrr to get.

Im interested in how "lucky" the chest is, but otherwise, I'll probably just drop this on a character I don't like/play often :[

I think I'd just like a Legendary on all my other characters. At least there's some progress being made after level 60 too.

seth-magic

Neo Member
As soon as you activate the token, you can start playing that hero immediately. You just go to the roster and switch.

Worked like a charm!

Had to play through Black Cat and Green Goblin again, but that's ok.

From initial impressions, this game is like a Marvel skin for D3 - so...I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy playing it immensely.

LuuKyK

new Rocket costume (video)

new legendary for weekend event (special event drop, you dont buy it aparently)

PDSyy0X.png

That costume is extremely adorable. Too bad I dont really like Rocket Racoon though. :(

Also, damn @ that legendary. I need that.

Worked like a charm!

Had to play through Black Cat and Green Goblin again, but that's ok.

From initial impressions, this game is like a Marvel skin for D3 - so...I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy playing it immensely.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy playing it. I will add you in-game. :)

Sounds like you have to find 3 of the event drops, and then combine them at a Crafter for that new Legendary?

Hope the event drops come thick and fast haha.. My gaming time this weekend will be limited!

LuuKyK

Sounds like you have to find 3 of the event drops, and then combine them at a Crafter for that new Legendary?

Hope the event drops come thick and fast haha.. My gaming time this weekend will be limited!

This is kinda frightening indeed. I just remembered this is saint patricks weekend. I will probably only play sunday and drunk. Fuck.

inky

Crafted a couple of costumes.

1st try got Squirrel Girl Aviator costume, which I already owned. Bummer. Put that back in the blender and got this:

vHQ4QlF.png

Eh.

WTF... hacker!!

Yeah, it was pretty crazy.

lol. Is he actually firing out staples, because thats what it sounds like? I dont have RR, so Im unfamiliar with him.

iRPUHOXaCcqnQ.gif

Crafted a couple of costumes.

1st try got Squirrel Girl Aviator costume, which I already owned. Bummer. Put that back in the blender and got this:

vHQ4QlF.png

Eh.

I paid 10 bucks for that outfit. Its the best outfit in the game, after Emmas Phoenix one. Congrats :D

Vecks

Looks like the patch is coming soon.
Ugh... they are going to sell random costume boxes for 450g during this weekend.

And when are they ever gonna add starktech? I thought that was gonna come out feb. I need something to dump these extra uniques into.

Lord Phol

The service is, conceptually, amazing. In practice, it has been a giant piece of crap.

This stems almost entirely from the Android and iOS app being horrible. Constant crashes, poor resolution and transition on the comics, limited functionality...pretty much everything that makes an app bad.

BUT, Marvel just announced that they've updated and fixed it for iOS, which a similar fix coming out on Android very soon. Word of mouth from people using it is that everything is great now. I'm eagerly awaiting the update so I can go back to reading comics on my Nexus 7 again.

If you are interested in giving it a shot, there's month trial for only $0.99 in honor of SXSW, so you can see what's out there. It's an enormous catalogue, and even the new series get added six months after publication. As long as you're okay with delaying your reading that long, the value is unbeatable. I read all my Marvel comics through Unlimited (on my PC, since the app is garbage). Once they fix the app it will be an amazing value.

Agree *100%* with Tragicomedy

It would really be a great value for what you get... if the fucking reading methods were worth a shit.

Both the Android app and PC Browser reader are fucking horrible. Such a shame because the amount of content for the price is great.

Thanks for the info!
I think I'll try the trial month and then wait and see how the updated app is. I wish the would use the same one they have for their other digital comics, that one is amazing.

Rhaknar

Nightcrawler makes 16 out of 30, just before the server goes down. SH Loki killed without dying too, which always feels nice. I ended up really liking NC, one of my faves really, after being very meh on him at the 30ish level when I first stopped him. Same with Moon Knight really.

Unfortunately I dont see the same happening with Human Torch who I think ill finish up next (hes 39). Then start on Gambit (one of my few lvl 1s, and my last non-60 52review) until Black Panther / Dr.Strange with the patch. Sounds like a plan

Volimar

While I wait for steam to finish updating my client, I have Storm and Human Torch. I like ranged DPS. What hero should I get next. Also, is Jean Grey fun?

Top Bottom