• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I've never watched it before, but the opening cinematic is pretty damn cool: Youtube link

Edit: The servers are up guys.

The 2D art looks more Saturday morning-cartoon than cool comic book stuff. Doom and that other guy looked good in 3D though.
Im a bit disappointed Emma Frost is wearing an outfit that includes white slacks, instead of the below, which is what I was hoping for :(

Emma_Frost_by_AdamHughes.jpg

Lord Phol

Anyone else seem to loose the connection to the server every now and then? Game keeps runing, you can't move or anything, 4-7 seconds later ur dead or dying with the mobs still beating on you.
Hmm seems my latency is very unstable.

smr00

Banned
Anyone having problems? I got disconnected and now the game won't even load.

Just sits on a black screen :-/

Anyone else seem to loose the connection to the server every now and then? Game keeps runing, you can't move or anything, 4-7 seconds later ur dead or dying with the mobs still beating on you.
Happened to me earlier and just now, only now i can't even load into the game it just sits on a black screen.

I was hoping to hit 30 tonight so i could get the ball rolling on Thor. Trying to keep Thor/Deadpool in the same level range.

Lord Phol

Anyone having problems? I got disconnected and now the game won't even load.

Just sits on a black screen :-/

Happened to me earlier and just now, only now i can't even load into the game it just sits on a black screen.

I was hoping to hit 30 tonight so i could get the ball rolling on Thor. Trying to keep Thor/Deadpool in the same level range.

Guess they are still working on stabilizing the servers :d.

Manbig

I had actually picked dd, he seems quite terrible.
Got Hawkeye, will level cable first and hope they fix him

Is Daredevil really that bad? I grabbed him because I like the character, but have been mainly playing with Punisher so far.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Started out with Storm and unlocked Scarlet Witch after the Raft. Anyway, Storm appears to be beastly but I have no idea of how to build her. I am stringy with my points now but I feel like I need to go wild.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
yeah, pricing on characters and costumes is insane...

if the pricing enables them to keep the game moving forward, that's great... but that's a pretty big sticker shock and promise to be making up front.

BurningNad

Yeah, I was wondering why it said my password was no good after I had just created my acct and logged in. Guess servers are down again.

Reknoc

Sorry to whoever whispered me while I was running around madripoor (p.sure this is what spain is going to rename madrid). I pretty much ignore all text since I can barely read it, so it wasn't until I was about to log out I realised purple text wasn't something I was familiar with.

Foofaraw

I picked up Storm and got Hawkguy as my first drop. Pretty much what I wanted. However, I keep lagging out to log in screen. I just want to play all my mutant pals.

inky

It must be a problem with login, because the game is still up. I haven't been kicked since the server reset, but I'm just alt-tabbed right now, not really playing.

Edit: If it helps:

Marvel Heroes @MMMSociety
If you're seeing an 'incorrect username/password' error, please wait a few minutes before attempting to log back in. Thanks.

Lord Phol

It must be a problem with login, because the game is still up. I haven't been kicked since the server reset, but I'm just alt-tabbed right now, not really playing.

Edit: If it helps:

For me it helped spamming until I got in >>.

Loving the game, I just played for almost 3 hours straight. My Thing is up to level 10 just about. Upgraded the armor vendor to level 3 and the crafting vendor to level 2. Game is simple yet still deep, just perfect.

nice, you find that?

inky

I had no idea bodysliding was a thing until just now. I was wondering why there were no town portal equivalents.

I posted like 5 times during beta about this. It is dumb that they don't even introduce the mechanic and I always thought the button made no sense there. On top of that the cooldown on it is excessive. At least you can bind it to the keyboard now.

nice, you find that?

Nah, it came with my pack. It's just dumb how the Grade 2 stat rolled the same AND lower than the Grade 1 when you pay 10 times as much for it.

Moondrop

Banned
I don't understand "hotkeys F1-F6." We're only allowed eight active abilities, right?

Because Cap has more than eight worth slotting.

I posted like 5 times during beta about this. It is dumb that they don't even introduce the mechanic and I always thought the button made no sense there. On top of that the cooldown on it is excessive. At least you can bind it to the keyboard now.
They do introduce it via an NPC. He explains it in text form, I forgot which one. I think you have to actively find and click him, there's no quest involved, so that could be the problem.

Nah, it came with my pack. It's just dumb how the Grade 2 stat rolled the same AND lower than the Grade 1 when you pay 10 times as much for it.
So it uses one stat or both of them?

inky

It uses both. Maybe there's a 15% cap and that's why it rolled like that.

I don't understand "hotkeys F1-F6." We're only allowed eight active abilities, right?

Because Cap has more than eight worth slotting.

You can have more than 1 Right mouse button ability. If you click on the icon in your skill bar, you will see all the abilities you can assign to it. To assign one to F1-F6 just press that key while you have your cursor over the desired ability. When you have done that, you then can use the function keys to switch between the abilities at will.

Hope that makes sense. =)

Tecl0n

I just did my first event battle, it was
Venom
at the docks. The pandemonium was amazing, dozens of players, average of 4fps.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a good resource for quest completion? I have some stuff from Chapter 5 that I have no idea how I complete, but I'm already on Chapter 6.

sophora

I just did my first event battle, it was
Venom
at the docks. The pandemonium was amazing, dozens of players, average of 4fps.

so fun, finally got in a couple hours ago and can't put it down. add me to the gaf list; grayscaleWaterfall

Moondrop

Banned
You can have more than 1 Right mouse button ability. If you click on the icon in your skill bar, you will see all the abilities you can assign to it. To assign one to F1-F6 just press that key while you have your cursor over the desired ability. When you have done that, you then can use the function keys to switch between the abilities at will.

Hope that makes sense. =)

Thanks very much. It does- the right mouse button can be toggled through six abilities after you set it up. So 13 total abilities can be slotted.

I'm going to have to rethink my entire control scheme for my Logitech G700.

Is Daredevil really that bad? I grabbed him because I like the character, but have been mainly playing with Punisher so far.

He was buffed nicely today. I'll give him another chance later. Part of the problem is I have the Black Panther, and he feels like a more complete character.

Also, I have altitis:

Black Panther - 18
Jean Grey - 14
Colossus - 12
Rocket Raccoon - 11
Dare Devil - 9
Punisher - 8
Deadpool - 8

Various others at 3 or below.

inky

Is there a way of applying anti-aliasing for this? The jaggies are real bad.

You could add FXAA through the control panel, provided you have an NVIDIA card. It loses some sharpness tho. I'm also using downscaling and it is an improvement, but considering you can't resize the text it can be a problem.

I've tried forcing other kinds of AA but I'm a noob when it comes to that, so no success. If anyone knows, please share =)

Jeez. Once you beat Doom the gear just gets waaaay better.

I have 2 pieces of epic gear that grant me abilities at rank 8. I'm having a very hard time replacing them.

Gartooth

Having a good time so far, love a lot of the fanservice in the game. Wish more characters were playable, some really good ones were made into NPCs. (Dr. Strange :( )

Picked Hawkeye and have been playing around with him, also unlocked Daredevil but I haven't used him yet. Speaking of which, who is considered to be the best character out of the starting 5?

Picked Hawkeye and have been playing around with him, also unlocked Daredevil but I haven't used him yet. Speaking of which, who is considered to be the best character out of the starting 5?

Not really a definitive answer, but the Scarlet Witch is an AOE monster at higher levels.

The game currently favors ranged characters over melee ones on all the bosses. That may change later with balancing and higher skill levels, but I'd tell you to try one melee and one ranged and see what I mean.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm loving Storm so hard. I do need her mohawk though. I started pouring points after holding out and she does beastly damage. I was just fighting the Chapter 2 boss and was seeing huge chunks of his life bar draining with my normal bolts.

Rain lightning from far away, blast enemies who try to get close with a gust of wind. Someone shooting at you? Shock him.

Beast I tell you. She's a beast!

Mafro

I was going to buy the Black Panther pack after really enjoying playing as him in the beta but decided to just hold off, has he been nerfed at all for the final release?

I started as Scarlet Witch this time and she's pretty damn good so far, might stick with her for a while yet.

I was going to buy the Black Panther pack after really enjoying playing as him in the beta but decided to just hold off, has he been nerfed at all for the final release?

I never tried him in the beta, but he's my "main" right now. Pretty freaking slick. His default all black outfit is top notch, and he moves like the wind. I am a bit disappointed that his passive dodge skills don't unlock until later, but it is what it is. I guess that's what differentiates him from DD, who gets that stuff very early on.

RS4-

Fuck, went afk and died at Hell's Kitchen lol. What's this about bloodstone totems and such?

edit - what would you recommend that I focus on leveling up? Crafter? One of the vendors?

Mafro

Game is pretty good though the prices are damn high.
Yeah I was surprised at the variation in some of the costume prices e.g. Wolverine's Uncanny X-Force costume is 1420 credts(!). I bought 2100 credits for my account which should last me a while, I'll spend some on another character (probably Black Panther) and leave the rest for a costume or some items.

Top Bottom