• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

SweetFX looks great, makes the models stand out, cleans up jaggies and makes some textures much less blurry. It can also add a bit of contrast to counteract the weird bloom in some places:

gGXnYlF.png

KePoW

Banned
SweetFX looks great, makes the models stand out, cleans up jaggies and makes some textures much less blurry. It can also add a bit of contrast to counteract the weird bloom in some places

Yeah I really like the default vibrancy setting that SweetFX adds. Subtle effect but nice.

KePoW

Banned
How does this SweetFX thing work?

I'm at work right now so can't give specific instructions. But it's not for the faint of heart... you gotta know how to manipulate files/folders and basic coding, because there is no GUI for the settings at all.

LuuKyK

I'm at work right now so can't give specific instructions. But it's not for the faint of heart... you gotta know how to manipulate files/folders and basic coding, because there is no GUI for the settings at all.

Definitely not for me then. lol

hamchan

Really happy with the support Gaz gives this game so I threw $30 to buy a ton of random costume boxes. Every costume I received was a new one so I'm satisfied.

(and now I feel like buying more)

Really happy with the support Gaz gives this game so I threw $30 to buy a ton of random costume boxes. Every costume I received was a new one so I'm satisfied.

(and now I feel like buying more)

"Mission accomplished!" - David Brevik, COO of Gazillion Entertainment

hitmon

Just got Ghost Rider from a random box. Feels good after getting a dupe previously. This game knows when to pull me back as I start to lose interest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 uniques from the same pack in midtown o_O unfortunately it was for the same slot :(

hamchan

"Mission accomplished!" - David Brevik, COO of Gazillion Entertainment

Indeed. I bought 6 more random costumes and one of them was Wolverine's Chase costume and the Kate Bishop enhanced costume. So now both Mr.Brevik and I are happy.

Also all my costumes from this sale were new so it's pretty great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Indeed. I bought 6 more random costumes and one of them was Wolverine's Chase costume and the Kate Bishop enhanced costume. So now both Mr.Brevik and I are happy.

Also all my costumes from this sale were new so it's pretty great.

the random boxes can have chase costumes? the description says its costumes for sale, and the chase costumes are not for sale

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
got wolverine fear itself from random costume box. i deleted it after cos its only meant to be for advance pack owners right now. i sent a ticket to support and have posted on forum too :D

Rhaknar

got wolverine fear itself from random costume box. i deleted it after cos its only meant to be for advance pack owners right now. i sent a ticket to support and have posted on forum too :D

...wait what. you deleted it? why would you do that... what?

KePoW

Banned

Ummm.... say that again?? What?!!

WHY WOULD YOU DELETE IT?!?

Rhaknar

my Shuri Gs are burning a whole in mah pocket, must resist getting more random boxes.

have they confirmed Shuri enhanced costume to come out in 2 weeks with the Panther review, or is that just us assuming?

edit: nvm just saw on forums Doomsaw himself said on march 8 "in 2 weeks" so it should come out this week in fact, cool

inky

It will come out with the review most likely, just like Kate before.

And LOL at you guys with your box addiction. Everyone seems to have got cool stuff.

I did some math, and with 130~ costumes in the store right now, there's only about 30 I'd like to get, and about half of the total I really don't like. This game has not been good to me even when I have the odds on my side, so I'll just wait for a sale and buy the costumes I want instead.

Vecks

Hulkbuster is great. Better than I imagined. I especially love the flying animation. And I don't know how, but Iron Man feels more fun with Hulkbuster.

And as a random side note, I saw on the forums that they pushed Black Widow's review to early April. And I was really looking forward to it this month.

Goon Boon

Banned

Beta Ray Bill was available early via crafting without any voices because it wasn't done yet and Gaz let people keep it, so you just deleted a costume you paid money for. for no reason other than a misguided sense of fairness, lmao.

KePoW

Banned
It will come out with the review most likely, just like Kate before.

And LOL at you guys with your box addiction. Everyone seems to have got cool stuff.

I did some math, and with 130~ costumes in the store right now, there's only about 30 I'd like to get, and about half of the total I really don't like. This game has not been good to me even when I have the odds on my side, so I'll just wait for a sale and buy the costumes I want instead.

Yeah same with me. I've already bought at least one of my favorite costumes for each hero, and there's only maybe 4 to 6 costumes left that I somewhat want. Definitely not good odds on a random costume box, so I have no interest in that.

And yeah Hulkbuster is awesome, especially with two size increases!

Rhaknar

Yeah same with me. I've already bought at least one of my favorite costumes for each hero, and there's only maybe 4 to 6 costumes left that I somewhat want. Definitely not good odds on a random costume box, so I have no interest in that.

And yeah Hulkbuster is awesome, especially with two size increases!

this is why im controling myself, I have almost everyone with a costume I like now. I got lucky with Ironman Marvel Now on the first batch of random boxes on the first day, followed by the crafted All New Jeanie right after. theres some enhanced stuff I wouldnt mind having now (Thing and Kate) but yeah, the odds on getting those are minimal. ill save my Gs for Shuri

KePoW

Banned
this is why im controling myself, I have almost everyone with a costume I like now. I got lucky with Ironman Marvel Now on the first batch of random boxes on the first day, followed by the crafted All New Jeanie right after. theres some enhanced stuff I wouldnt mind having now (Thing and Kate) but yeah, the odds on getting those are minimal. ill save my Gs for Shuri

What's Shuri?

Rhaknar

What's Shuri?

shuri-black-panther-8.jpg

Panther`s sister. I hope they give her the white fur on the cloak (or even a cloak!) so she looks a bit more different than Panther (you know. besides the boobs and whatnot :p )

1296526-1278714638.jpg

shuri-black-panther-6.jpg

Rhaknar

It does look pretty cool. Also, how comes I've never heard of these costumes before. Like this one for X-23. Looks so cool that it kinda makes me excited for her to be released:

wait what the fuck, where you seeing this? that is a new model, surprise release iminent? and that costume looks awesome

LuuKyK

wait what the fuck, where you seeing this? that is a new model, surprise release iminent? and that costume looks awesome

Its from this weird russian site. I saw it linked on reddit. This post has a lot of costumes/character models I've never seen before, but apparently the post is from June 2013, thats really old. How odd.

Rhaknar

Its from this weird russian site. I saw it linked on reddit. This post has a lot of costumes/character models I've never seen before, but apparently the post is from June 2013, thats really old. How odd.

oh meh, didnt know it was old. looks awesome, hopefully she comes out soonish. also, Strange model from the test server looks nice, so detailed

agD1qhD.png

hamchan

the random boxes can have chase costumes? the description says its costumes for sale, and the chase costumes are not for sale

Apparently it's all costumes, even ones not released, judging from the below post lol.

Wow crazy that you did this. I understand that you were trying to do something right but if you should have asked a mod whether it was ok to keep. I totally bet it would be fine.

Got my Spider-Man to level 55 now.

With the exception of Hawkeye, he's probably my least favourite hero so far, but simply because he's such a glass cannon.

I've done as suggested here and put a bunch of points into Web Shield and it's nice to have a little bit of solid health regen now, but even with ~8500 health, I still get those insta-hit kills from bosses...

Equipped a Phoenix Feather yesterday and at least I get a second-wind now, but he's still soooo breakable.

I think it was Rhaknar who suggested over the weekend that equipping a Pym Shrinking Serum artifact helps, but I've yet to see one of those drop in all my play time.

It's a shame, as I really love his power set. The web powers are great and apart from boss durability, I'm really happy with his longevity and staying power against mobs. MM runs / LQ's are pretty much all I'm doing now - and again, with the exception of bosses, he's great at dispatching everything. His Ultimate is fantastic as well.

Sadly, I'll 60 him and bench.

Rhaknar

Gambit makes 18, and I am out of 52 review heroes :(

Rhaknar

Got my Spider-Man to level 55 now.

With the exception of Hawkeye, he's probably my least favourite hero so far, but simply because he's such a glass cannon.

I've done as suggested here and put a bunch of points into Web Shield and it's nice to have a little bit of solid health regen now, but even with ~8500 health, I still get those insta-hit kills from bosses...

Equipped a Phoenix Feather yesterday and at least I get a second-wind now, but he's still soooo breakable.

I think it was Rhaknar who suggested over the weekend that equipping a Pym Shrinking Serum artifact helps, but I've yet to see one of those drop in all my play time.

It's a shame, as I really love his power set. The web powers are great and apart from boss durability, I'm really happy with his longevity and staying power against mobs. MM runs / LQ's are pretty much all I'm doing now - and again, with the exception of bosses, he's great at dispatching everything. His Ultimate is fantastic as well.

Sadly, I'll 60 him and bench.

8500 health at 55 is really low too. youre having the same problems with him I had with Nightcrawler, its a shame. For some reason I never felt Spidey was squishy, and hes one of the guys I killed superheroic loki without dying too. maybe its because im hybrid / more leaning to range with him

8500 health at 55 is really low too. youre having the same problems with him I had with Nightcrawler, its a shame. For some reason I never felt Spidey was squishy, and hes one of the guys I killed superheroic loki without dying too. maybe its because im hybrid / more leaning to range with him

I've been picking artifacts with preference to Spirit, as I find Spidey is always out of spirit. Guess this has come at the cost of health.

I killed Sinister in the Green terminals without dying yesterday, so that seemed like a big feat.

Rhaknar

I've been picking artifacts with preference to Spirit, as I find Spidey is always out of spirit. Guess this has come at the cost of health.

I killed Sinister in the Green terminals without dying yesterday, so that seemed like a big feat.

just get (and by just, I mean luck out on) a invulnerable for 2 secs / 25% health when you use a medkit core for your costume and youll never die again really, those are a must for melee heroes (or anyone really). Also, youre 55 so you can use advanced gem of cytorak now, lots of health, chance for invulnerable and physical dmg which all of spideys moves are.

a advanced shardstone wouldnt hurt either, nice health and dodge on it. and of course, advanced super soldier serum. oh and if you are pure melee, a advanced kung fu something something, the one with the green icon, also very good, also lots of health. there, thats 4 artifacts you can have that will give you like 5k health. spirit artifacts are crap

As an aside, I think this weekend was one of my unluckiest on record. Not a single yellow item in all the time I played (just one horrible Unique). Really didn't see anything worth keeping this weekend.

just get (and by just, I mean luck out on) a invulnerable for 2 secs / 25% health when you use a medkit core for your costume and youll never die again really, those are a must for melee heroes (or anyone really). Also, youre 55 so you can use advanced gem of cytorak now, lots of health, chance for invulnerable and physical dmg which all of spideys moves are.

a advanced shardstone wouldnt hurt either, nice health and dodge on it. and of course, advanced super soldier serum. oh and if you are pure melee, a advanced kung fu something something, the one with the green icon, also very good, also lots of health. there, thats 4 artifacts you can have that will give you like 5k health. spirit artifacts are crap

I think I've got an Advanced SSS on Deadpool, but don't think I've seen those other ones yet.

Don't you find that he runs out of Spirit ridiculously quickly though?

hamchan

Boon party turned out awesome. Got like a month for item find and a week for exp. Will take me a very long time to get through all this.

Vecks

Don't you find that he runs out of Spirit ridiculously quickly though?

What about Adv Scrolls of Pama? That's a decent source of spirit restore. I usually go with it on most heroes that need lots of spirit. The hp boost isn't very high, but it randomly throws out hp orbs, which helps you survive while restoring extra spirit. I think it has some sort of hidden cooldown with the spirit restore though (maybe a second or two).

Or, if you have a source of bleed, maybe you could try Maht's Arrowhead (SH is a level 55).

What about Adv Scrolls of Pama? That's a decent source of spirit restore. I usually go with it on most heroes that need lots of spirit. The hp boost isn't very high, but it randomly throws out hp orbs, which helps you survive while restoring extra spirit. I think it has some sort of hidden cooldown with the spirit restore though (maybe a second or two).

Or, if you have a source of bleed, maybe you could try Maht's Arrowhead (SH is a level 55).

Yeah that doesn't look too bad either.
I'll have to keep an eye out for these things.. Though I expect to be 60 via LQ's before I get the artifacts I need lol

Rhaknar

now that Im out of 52review heroes, I think im going to take a break from leveling (just until strange/panther) and focus a bit on lvl 60 stuff, starting with getting affixes on all my costumes (which I stopped doing a long time ago, except for the 25% health/invuln cores), maybe get some more of my favorite heroes some legendaries, get my urus enchanted, etc.

then probably farm some xdefs for the missing uniques (or at least lvl 60 version dupes). by the way, anyone have superior spidey costume? is it a different voice actor, and is he a dick? been reading some of the comic and doc ock is quite funny as spidey. my concern is alot of his dickishness is in thought, and that wouldnt translate to the enhanced costume.

Top Bottom