• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
I certainly gave it a shot, and when the ability triggers it's incredible. If you use rockets it's a must-have.

I may find that at very high level content the rockets outpace deadly barrage in terms of killing power, and that's when I'd make the swap.

I actually max both Rockets and DB in my build, haha.

What other dps powers are taking up points in your build?

I actually max both Rockets and DB in my build, haha.

What other dps powers are taking up points in your build?

Armor-piercing shot. That's my boss killer and I find it makes rockets redundant. It definitely packs more of a punch than either rockets or barrage.

I suppose I should give rockets another go, but I find barrage better in almost every situation. It's the ultimate trash killer.

Irobot82

Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I just had some bad luck with my randoms. I'm at around 160 splinters right now so I may try and roll another random.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't like to min-max in MH either. But what if you get a Unique where it's completely geared toward one tree that you don't use whatsoever? I don't see the point in using an item like that.

I use a any hero unique :p so far the only cases thats happened to me with was nightcrawler with his sword, which is rolled completely for the sword tree, so im just using a betty ross for now, and I dont use punchclops unique either but I cant remember what Im using in that slot, im sure its a cosmic, maybe a epic because I barely played cyclops after 60.

but yeah theres so many any hero uniques now, im sure you can find something. I just like the cool procs they have usually, what can I say. also speaking of uniques, im doomed not to have my cyke slave, as I now have uniques on 4 slots on emma (got the chest twice today and the cloak) and still no cyke pet unique :( also got a mask for spidey. good day for uniques, well, morning when I played

LuuKyK

Saw this in the official forums with the subtitle "Behold my creations!".

x1l6198.gif

Couldn't help but laugh. :lol

Blank!

Wolverine is arguably the worst character right now. Combat with him is far from flashy or varied. He gets powerful around level 30, especially against bosses which for a melee is welcome, but he is just boring to play. There is an ability that allows you to convert Spirit into Fury, but he has Spirit problems already so I've never bothered with it because Fury is such a finicky resource.

Black Widow seems to be powerful, but I haven't played her since beta. They are both getting reviews soonish, which should improve them a bit, that is why I haven't bothered too much with them.

Wolverine starts with spirit problems and then they disappear as you level up. Unleash the beast (spirit to fury) starts off incredibly expensive and not giving much fury, but as it gains points it gives more fury and costs less. At level 40 and with the unique boots, it costs under 10 spirit for a full bar. Wolverine's fury skills (Beserker fury, brutal slash, eviscerate) also don't cost spirit, just fury. With enough +spirit per kill/hit, you can even forgo pym's shrink.

The only spirit spender(s) I use that are non-fury are his heal and his CC break. I use a Ziggeraut to teleport around so I don't even use his movement ability. That's all at 60 though, but even then, I'd say around 40 or so spirit became more or less a non-issue (I weaved Hack N Slash in + UTB to max out fury before striking).

Vecks

Going to try this game out.

Downloaded the client, it has been stuck at 33% updating for awhile now.

That normal?

I use steam so I wouldn't know, but it is a pretty huge download, so I wouldn't be surprised if it took a while in general.

Got my Spider-Man to 60 last night and then started on Ghost Rider.

Dayummm, Ghost Rider looks like he's going to be a lot of fun! Loving a beast mode AoE straight out of the gates. Only made it to chapter three, but he's barely been challenged so far. I'm probably already underleveled for the moment considering I was more comfortable hanging back with Spider-Man and getting a little more overleveled for the next area.

Looking forward to putting more time into him tonight.

Got enough Odin Marks for another Legendary last night, chucked a Gungnir on GR and I've now got enough Pots of Gold for all my other characters :) So this week(ends) special event has been great. The 10% XP at the least is going to be fantastic for leveling everyone up earlier on.

EDIT: Strange looking sweeeeet!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant wait for strange.

crap run of xdefs tonight, almost 10 and only 1 unique on colossus this time, and it was a any-hero unique :/ at least its a death seed which seems good for whenever I need a weapon on a hero

I did say I didnt care about mid-maxing. Its the first game of this type in fact where I dont, and it also turns out to be the one I have the most fun in in a long time. the moment I (need) to start worrying about mid maxing or "correct builds" is probably the moment ill stop having fun and drop the game (so probably when raids come out lol)

I agree with you, you should do what you find to be the most fun. Personally, I prioritize health regen very highly on my items, as I hate using medkits (too lazy to pick up replacements), but I like being able to take a punch.

I love uniques that have some extra flavour to them not found anywhere else. It actually makes them feel a bit Unique instead of like just another item with stats. Wolverine's belt that summons Sabertooth is awesome,

Despite having leveled Wolverine to 60, I still dont have that Unique belt, but my understanding of it is that Sabretooth isnt there ALL the time, like Cyclops is for Emmas. I feel like he is smothering me, or something :)

On another note, I found a Cosmic Juggs Medallion last night. The Juggernaut Medallion is one of my favorites (after Madam Hydras), because I love the invincibility.
The few Cosmic Medallions Ive found in the past have been pretty average (Hood, Sinister and Pyro).

Vecks

Unlocked Loki today. Really enjoying his play style. Still testing out the different powers, getting a feel for it, but so far all the skill trees are pretty great. I love how his summons seem like an extension of his attacks. Feels very different from all the other pet classes I have.

Rhaknar

stupid broken iphone, cant post at work. anyway, seems like mark V cards will go live this week with th small patch, so advance pack owners get theirs. fingers crossed for hawkeye costume, I bet I get the deadpool one to troll me

also, crafted a couple of costumes, got s.w.o.r.d ms marvel (yay I wasnt feeling classic) and stormtrooper gambit (boo its awful imo)

edit: in case someone missed it, this week`s patch (tomorow or friday, probably friday) will have:

Fixing any bugs from the various bug report forums.

Adding pointers to costume drops with infinite range.

Fixing any tuning flags that @PsiLocke* has found are incorrect.

Fortune Card Mark V (including delivery to Advance Pack owners)

A number of new unique items introduced into the game, where they are needed most. In particular, several "Any Hero" Uniques.

"Any Hero" Unique drop rate increased even more, in anticipation of the new uniques.

A pass on enemy powers to ensure anything that was an area power is definitely tagged as such. This is important because of the many new items that have reduced damage from area attacks.

Fixed the problem with Cupid's Arrows so they can now be enchanted/blessed

Fixed a bug where certain blue enemies in X-Defense weren't dropping credits

Gambit's Royal Flush tagged as an Area power

Tuning pass on Spider-Man's TTK and TTL with about 3 improvements to each one to ensure he's in optimal tuning range against all content.

Made looting items on the ground quicker

Further increase to final loot chest in later waves of X-Defense

and now Im off to bed

GManDH

i forget who the person that keeps getting more uniques than me is but today i finally got my chuck uzis, IN STORY MODE. so happy. only got 2 more uniques for deadpool to have them all.

Just tried this again. I first played when it in beta, but on release I selected Thing and regretted my choice.

I made a new account and picked Human Torch. He is so much more fun. Zipping around everywhere throwing massive aoe is fun as heck. I'm saving up the splinter things. Who else is fun/similar?

KePoW

Banned
Just tried this again. I first played when it in beta, but on release I selected Thing and regretted my choice.

I made a new account and picked Human Torch. He is so much more fun. Zipping around everywhere throwing massive aoe is fun as heck. I'm saving up the splinter things. Who else is fun/similar?

Similar to Human Torch, I would say:

Jean Grey
Storm
Ghost Rider
Scarlet Witch

a few others

Vecks

Jean Grey is probably the most similar. Fun is more subjective.
My personal favorites are Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, and Scarlet Witch.

Ms. Marvel is right below Iron Man, Storm, and Jean Grey on the DPS scale, but with more survivability. I'd say she's the best "all around" character in the game now, or at least top three.

I found a cosmic tonight, that has +1 to all powers. It has some decent health regen too, so Im pretty happy with it.

jb049P8pliFVno.jpg

Hopefully DD's Unique gloves wont outclass it.

Vecks

Just an FYI, but I think they said they are removing the Pot of Gold recipe tomorrow with this week's patch, so it's best to craft them today if you still need to.
What a huge oversight. Well, at least it's fixed now. Soon it will be time to destroy everything with reckless abandon.

inky

UMs are easier to get from just playing. I have like 20 even after crafting a dozen + costumes.

I seem to get them often from doing terminals. I got one yesterday from a red one. Matrixes I only have like 6 (used a few since launch) and they are not that common from MK1 FCs.

Vecks

I've had one matrix in my stash forever. Think I'll get rid of it, as it's wasting space.
Unbinding artifacts doesn't even need it. And you can't even unbind uniques with it.

Well, Spidey's Sig most certainly got a buff

Live:

9TnxOQb.png

TC:

QnsmpYv.png

They also took out the whole "webbed status" and made Spider to the Fly a 10 sec buff after using a ranged attack. Spider-Sense now has a non-scaling 8% chance to ignore damage (it used to start at like 2% and scale like crap), and Superior Agility now has a damage negation and rating proc on dodge:

UuO1Wxw.png

He's certainly more effective, but sadly no more fun than before. Brawl's animation is still the same too =/

Rhaknar

UMs are easier to get from just playing. I have like 20 even after crafting a dozen + costumes.

I seem to get them often from doing terminals. I got one yesterday from a red one. Matrixes I only have like 6 (used a few since launch) and they are not that common from MK1 FCs.
Lol I'd rather have Matrix instead of UM.

UMs are easy to get with splinters.

I have 12 unbind matrixes in my stash rotting away. meanwhile, my last 4 crafted costumes I had to buy unstables because I havent seen one drop in weeks (as havent most people, there was even a thread on the forums speculating that with runes being on the same loot table as molecules, they have become much rarer). and they are just overall more useful than the matrixes, hence why I would rather have those in the cards.

I've got one Unstable Molecule, got it fairly early in my play time, with Deadpool. Haven't seen one since though.

Got my Ghost Rider to level 29 last night! Can't believe how quickly he's flying up the order. He's great fun. I'll definitely go for 60 with him too I think.
Did a bunch of X-Defense last night which probably helped with my quick leveling. No Uniques though, which was a shame. Hopefully see some of GR's uniques soon.

GManDH

THANK YOU GAZ

Some Tuesday Notes:

This week has a very small patch focused mainly on bug fixes and such. Some of the stuff getting into this week's patch include:

Fixing any bugs from the various bug report forums.

Fixing any tuning flags that @PsiLocke* has found are incorrect.

Fortune Card Mark V (including delivery to Advance Pack owners)

A number of new unique items introduced into the game, where they are needed most. In particular, several "Any Hero" Uniques.

"Any Hero" Unique drop rate increased even more, in anticipation of the new uniques.

A pass on enemy powers to ensure anything that was an area power is definitely tagged as such. This is important because of the many new items that have reduced damage from area attacks.

Fixed the problem with Cupid's Arrows so they can now be enchanted/blessed

Fixed a bug where certain blue enemies in X-Defense weren't dropping credits

Gambit's Royal Flush tagged as an Area power

Tuning pass on Spider-Man's TTK and TTL with about 3 improvements to each one to ensure he's in optimal tuning range against all content.

Made looting items on the ground quicker

Further increase to final loot chest in later waves of X-Defense

For next week's patch, the team is working on:

Many larger bug fixes

Several performance improvements in various modes, particularly Midtown

Dr. Strange

Squirrel Girl mini review

Black Panther's level 52 review (complete with some cool new visuals)

"Right Click" context pop up when clicking someone's name (much easier to invite to a party)

Several large upgrades to the current PVP mode

"Last Online" display for guilds and friend lists

A new terminal, The Old Trainyard that allows you to fight Juggernaut (complete with some new items that he drops and buffs to his existing items)

For a later patch, the team is working on:

Secure Trading interface

Item linking in chat

Achievements

Crafting improvements

Several announced new features that we'll start previewing soon

Top Bottom