• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

ZenaxPure

The splinters and Gs are one time only per account. All other rewards you can get on other difficulties, like hp/sp increases or power points. So after you beat the story once, there's no real reason to do the whole thing again. I mostly just do legendary quests, terminals and x-def.

If you enjoy daredevil, get him up to 60 first before starting on another character. For leveling one character up to 60, you get either 25 or 30% hero synergy bonus xp. You can look up that bonus xp at the bottom of your hero stats, and see how it works exactly.

That's good to know, I will just keep doing other stuff then. Though I guess I should ask, I noticed there are different difficulties, do those effect stuff outside of the story missions? I haven't unlocked the last one yet, obviously.

inky

Posted?

ogaBaem.jpg

Vecks

That's good to know, I will just keep doing other stuff then. Though I guess I should ask, I noticed there are different difficulties, do those effect stuff outside of the story missions? I haven't unlocked the last one yet, obviously.

Nope. The only thing it will affect outside of story are parties. You can't get invited to a party if you're on a different difficulty. Otherwise, difficulty is strictly to divide the story up into parts with set level brackets.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The splinters and Gs are one time only per account. All other rewards you can get on other difficulties, like hp/sp increases or power points. So after you beat the story once, there's no real reason to do the whole thing again. I mostly just do legendary quests, terminals and x-def.

except there are 8 more talent points that you can only get from heroic and superheroic storymode, not to mention the health and spirit bonuses (those arguably less important), so there most deffinately IS a reason to do the story mode again... and you know this, so its a weird advice coming from you? unless I mis-understood what you meant

Vecks

except there are 8 more talent points that you can only get from heroic and superheroic storymode, not to mention the health and spirit bonuses (those arguably less important), so there most deffinately IS a reason to do the story mode again... and you know this, so its a weird advice coming from you? unless I mis-understood what you meant

The emphasis being on "whole". No reason to do the whole thing.

inky

Honestly, I don't know what is worst, shitty small cloak, or large poorly rigged cloak clipping through everything.

Lord Phol

So they're putting strange out with maybe 6 days of testing? Eh.

Public testing is mostly for catching those left-over bugs and getting some overall opinion on anything that might need tuning or fixing. Before they do public testing they got white-list testing (a selected few community members get to test and discuss with the developers), and they also have their internal testing team.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man im so done with the "farming for gear" part of these games (which arguably is the biggest part lol). dont get me wrong, im not blaming / trashing the game for it, but my love is deffinately for the leveling part (as usual with mmos or arpgs). farming xdef or whatever these last few days for a unique and getting a dupe...yeah :/ I understand what people say about needing that 1 unique now, and most of my heroes only need 1 or 2. even jumping around different characters doesnt help much (helps a bit tho, did 2 or 3 on each ms.marvel, colossus, spiderman and nightcrawler earlier).

again, not the game`s fault, im just done with that process in general. Which will become a problem when I only have 1 hero a month to level (well..."a problem"). Glad I stopped leveling non-reviews, kinda wish I hadnt leveled the few I did in fact (storm, cyclops, rocket, although the last 2 were in their 40s from vanilla anyway), so I have a new hero + at least a review hero to level each month

edit: hmm time to dip my toes in the prestige waters maybe?

edit 2: not that we need any more confirmation really, but this thread basically confirms a combination of Rogue/Mr.Fantastic/Blade are the last 2 characters in the advance pack, as they are asking what costumes people want for them for the model team to work on the summer/fall

Lord Phol

Blade would be pretty sweet, but as long as the second spot isn't Mr.Fantastic I'm happy. Reed Richard is a boring a-hole and his powers are super lame. His Ultimate counter-part is a bit more interesting though.

Rhaknar

i dont care either way since I end up buying every hero but I really hope the 2 in the pack (just to make me feel better I guess lol) are Rogue and Mr.Fantastic. Blade will be right up there with Punisher in guys I dont give 2 craps about (both as a character, but especially as a hero in this game, moveset wise)

Blade would be pretty sweet, but as long as the second spot isn't Mr.Fantastic I'm happy. Reed Richard is a boring a-hole and his powers are super lame. His Ultimate counter-part is a bit more interesting though.

his powers could make for an amazing arpg moveset, even if you dont like the character. You want Blade, another guy with swords and guns, and say a guy that can stretch, grow his mass, shape his body in whatever shape he wants, etc is boring. I dont even know what to say dude :p

inky

Well, they can go the campy route and make him turn into things, instead of just: "look, my fists are bigger" or "I'm a rubber band now" or crap like that. Could be more interesting than Rogue... which I don't know what they will do with her other than make her another Ms Marvel. But people want her bad, so she is basically a lock.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, here's a tip to get 100,000Gs! You just have to be in the GAF guild and write in chat "/guildkick Rhaknar" It will automatically add them to your account!
:p

Lord Phol

i dont care either way since I end up buying every hero but I really hope the 2 in the pack (just to make me feel better I guess lol) are Rogue and Mr.Fantastic. Blade will be right up there with Punisher in guys I dont give 2 craps about (both as a character, but especially as a hero in this game, moveset wise)

his powers could make for an amazing arpg moveset, even if you dont like the character. You want Blade, another guy with swords and guns, and say a guy that can stretch, grow his mass, shape his body in whatever shape he wants, etc is boring. I dont even know what to say dude :p

Yup! Never been a fan of rubber-body guys :p. It's just not an interesting powerset to me, (though the One Piece guy gets a free pass because of his personality). Blade might be "another guy with guns and blades", but he's got attitude and I like Punisher!
I'm also not satisfied with the way they've handled guns and blades heroes so far in the game (Deadpool is one of my least liked heroes atm).

Well, they can go the campy route and make him turn into things, instead of just: "look, my fists are bigger" or "I'm a rubber band now" or crap like that. Could be more interesting than Rogue... which I don't know what they will do with her other than make her another Ms Marvel. But people want her bad, so she is basically a lock.

Lol, made me laugh out loud at work. Yeah I guess he could be be somewhat interesting if they go with the Lego Marvel route, buuut he's still not my type of hero.

Rhaknar

Oh, and on an unrelated note, here's a tip to get 100,000Gs! You just have to be in the GAF guild and write in chat "/guildkick Rhaknar" It will automatically add them to your account!

ill gquit right now, you owe me 100k

Yup! Never been a fan of rubber-body guys :p. It's just not an interesting powerset to me, (though the One Piece guy gets a free pass because of his personality). Blade might be "another guy with guns and blades", but he's got attitude and I like Punisher!

personality wise I agree, I dont even know what theyll do with his one liners and whatnot. Speaking of personality, I saw a lot of spideys this morning (I guess because of the buffs), the black suit voice shits all over the default voice, it made me sad. And I also saw a superior, and now I want that costume bad, doc ock was cracking me up

inky

I heard all Spidey's costumes have the basic voice for grunts and punches and the like. That's kind of a hilarious oversight, considering most people get the enhanced versions because they want nothing to do with him due to the voice.

ill gquit right now, you owe me 100k

It doesn't work if you do it. Sorry!

hamchan

Reed Richards has always seemed like an egotistical asshole to me.

Everyone seems to like the way Ultimate Reed has developed, probably because we all knew that Reed Richards is a mad scientist that's always just one step from mucking up the world in some way. So of course the logical step is for him to become full villain.

Rhaknar

I heard all Spidey's costumes have the basic voice for grunts and punches and the like. That's kind of a hilarious oversight, considering most people get the enhanced versions because they want nothing to do with him due to the voice.

It doesn't work if you do it. Sorry!

thats cheating. and is that also for superior? if so you just saved me 1950G

Reed Richards has always seemed like an egotistical asshole to me.

Reed is a stand-up guy

reed4.jpg

Reed+slapping+his+son.jpg

inky

thats cheating. and is that also for superior? if so you just saved me 1950G

I think the new one and Symbiote, not sure about Superior. Don't take my word for it, I just read it somewhere I can't remember.

I still don't know if I should get the Back in Black costume. On the one hand, the new VO is very welcomed, on the other hand I'm pretty satisfied with the Big Time Red I crafted and feel it looks ace.

Rhaknar

I think the new one and Symbiote, not sure about Superior. Don't take my word for it, I just read it somewhere I can't remember.

I still don't know if I should get the Back in Black costume. On the one hand, the new VO is very welcomed, on the other hand I'm pretty satisfied with the Big Time Red I crafted and feel it looks ace.

did you buy any Gs from the 15% promo yet? I havent pulled the trigger yet, I want to go pick up Infamous also

inky

Yea, I picked up $50, so with the bonus and some I had left comes around $75. I very briefly considered buying reaper of Souls, but meh. None of my friends is going to play it this time around so I'll pass.

Decado

Game is ridiculously easy so far. I guess there aren't any difficulty levels. Any way to skip ahead or something? Lack of challenge is going to kill this game pretty quickly, for me.

Game is ridiculously easy so far. I guess there aren't any difficulty levels. Any way to skip ahead or something? Lack of challenge is going to kill this game pretty quickly, for me.

You can open higher difficulties by either completing the story or by reaching certain levels (25 and 45? something close to that). You do have to do this with each character you use.

There are difficulty levels? Heroic and Superheroic?

But yes, the game is relatively easy, just like Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 are. It's a staple of the genre that you can become vastly overpowered and completely destroy everything.

Having said that, raids may add another tier of difficulty to the game.

Rhaknar

game is very easy, probably not for you

KePoW

Banned

There are 3 difficulties, just like D2 and D3 had.

But the story content is always going to be easy. If you want challenging content, do Cosmic Terminals or Holo-Sim or X-Defense

I'm not a big fan of Reed because he's a prick (so is Johnny, lol), but I think that his powerset is going to be really cool, just because he has a lot of potential to be incredibly unique.

Also, I don't see why you would be angry about one character being picked into the Advance Pack over another. Personally, I'd like Reed and Blade, just to avoid having 10000000000000000 X-men in the game, alas my wishes probably won't come true. Rogue is pretty much a lock (although I find her to be incredibly boring), and it's just as likely that the second spot goes to another mutant character. I might be disappointed, but I won't be angry. :p

Irobot82

I'm not a big fan of Reed because he's a prick (so is Johnny, lol), but I think that his powerset is going to be really cool, just because he has a lot of potential to be incredibly unique.

Also, I don't see why you would be angry about one character being picked into the Advance Pack over another. Personally, I'd like Reed and Blade, just to avoid having 10000000000000000 X-men in the game, alas my wishes probably won't come true. Rogue is pretty much a lock (although I find her to be incredibly boring), and it's just as likely that the second spot goes to another mutant character. I might be disappointed, but I won't be angry. :p

Wouldn't most of her power set be Ms. Marvel anyhow :D

KePoW

Banned
Count me as another person in the camp who dislikes Mr. Fantastic as a comic character. Can't stand him as a person.

I'm a big fan of Sue Storm and like it when she acts flirtatious with other people. I like Ben Grimm a lot too.

I'm neutral on Johnny.

I think Blade would be really cool in this game. Not from a powerset standpoint, but I think he would look really cool.

I want Gaz to put Limbo back in the game, as I think it will offer the best chance for something that can be difficult and require teamwork.
I remember Magneto could wipe out practically all the players in Limbo, with his bubble (if not enough flares were collected). lol. fun times.

Wouldn't most of her power set be Ms. Marvel anyhow :D

Yeah, except for the energy projection parts which would be replaced by power drain and such. I just don't really like Rogue, she's a boring character from a boring team of characters fighting (mostly) boring villains. :p

KePoW

Banned
Yeah, except for the energy projection parts which would be replaced by power drain and such. I just don't really like Rogue, she's a boring character from a boring team of characters fighting (mostly) boring villains. :p

Why you hate all entire team of X-Men so much? They are the most varied characters in Marvel!!!

inky

Also, I don't see why you would be angry about one character being picked into the Advance Pack over another. I might be disappointed, but I won't be angry. :p

Because I own the pack and every character I don't care about that they put in just delays the ones I do care about even more. In the end I'm going to own them all anyways. (Except for alt costume + tabs I guess).

Plus disappointment is anger for wimps. You don't have to be so gentle about everything. It's okay to get angry once in a while.

Why you hate all entire team of X-Men so much? They are the most varied characters in Marvel!!!

It significantly suffers from too many characters, and due to the attempt of exposing those characters equally, they either have no interesting personalities, are assholes, or both. And those that took off as solo adventurers (Wolverine most importantly) also didn't pan out all that great.
They also are completely isolated from the rest of the Marvel universe - they and their villains hardly ever leave the X-Men franchise, and neither do characters from other series appear in their franchise, unless there's some big crossover thing going on. It's like they're in their own dimension, although they're just in upstate New York.
Some of the characters also have incredibly shitty powers (Gambit for instance), and I just can't explain why people like some of those characters so much.
Plus, they are infested with severe fanboyism based on nostalgia (mostly the 90s cartoon) - they could make the next 30 characters X-Men, and due to the fact there's so many of them, the X-Men fanboys would still demand more of them. That significantly turned me off from them.
I mean, just look at the "which heroes would you want to be the 2 last in the advance pack "-thread in the official forums. What feels like 99% of all the posts there ask for 1 if not 2 X-Men; I'm sure this is also a lot of people who likely haven't even bought the AP.

There's good parts about the X-Men no doubt (Magneto and Juggernaut are really awesome villains, and there's some cool characters like Nightcrawler, and cool storylines like the Phoenix saga), but the good doesn't outweigh the bad for me.

They kept buffing characters too much and adding more gear buffs and gear item slots for even more buffs. They completely killed any challenge in this game.

Even the story stuff had more of a challenge when it launched.

inky

Whoa... dang broski...

I'm scared of you, I'll make sure not to piss you off!

Mwhahaha. I guess email tags are way too subtle. Just so there isn't any misunderstanding, I don't actually believe that. It's a quote from the TV show House, hence the over the top snarkiness. I just couldn't resist given the choice of words. (if you quote my previous post and read carefully you'll see this explanation there :p)

It's just Red Arremer takes my words way too seriously way too often. I meant "pissed" as in "I will flip an imaginary table if they choose Reed over Blade", not pissed as in "I'll be raging at everyone for a month" due to that, which would be ridiculous.

I remember once I told him Sue Storm (and Reed for that matter) was "a waste of a spot" in the advanced pack, and that I'd rather see something else, and he scolded me for like 30 minutes because she is an iconic character and has a lot of fans and calling her a waste was too harsh =( I only meant that given the choice I'd rather have some other in there, not that her existence is a waste or anything.

You guys shouldn't take my words literally, like, ever. :p

KePoW

Banned
It's just Red Arremer takes my words way too seriously way too often. I meant "pissed" as in "I will flip an imaginary table if they choose Reed over Blade", not pissed as in "I'll be raging at everyone for a month" due to that, which would be ridiculous.

I remember once I told him Sue Storm (and Reed for that matter) was "a waste of a spot" in the advanced pack, and that I'd rather see something else, and he scolded me for like 30 minutes because she is an iconic character and has a lot of fans and calling her a waste was too harsh =( I only meant that given the choice I'd rather have some other in there, not that her existence is a waste or anything.

HAHA this is funny

Now I know how to piss Red off, just keep talking about how X-Men are awesome and there's still a long list that should be added to MH before allowing some other characters.

Top Bottom