• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Lord Phol

Yeah was hopeing for Ketch (Blue Flames), but armored Alejandra might still be a purchase depending on how well it's done. Probably skip it if it's her normal clothing though, unless it's really good.

This version could work as well:

1860852-ghostrv3003_cov.jpg

I got big hopes for Venom and his costumes, definetly one of the heroes/villains I'm looking forward to the most atm.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as much as I like to use support spells (especially since I usually play healers in mmos and whatnot), healing spells in this game are next to useless im afraid, the damage output is either laughable and nothing a medkit doesnt fix, or way too high (xdef, green goblin and elektro ground aoes...yeah...) that it makes stuff like ironman`s healing bot or hawkeye healing arrow virtually useless, as much as I want to use them.

shame really, but it is what it is, so im going to spec out of it until they ever make them viable (which I doubt will ever happen)

edit: maybe if they had a defense/dodge bonus on top of the healing it would be worth using it, or % of dmg reduction or something, to justify keeping them up.
edit 2: Ironman is a ton of fun, another case of a hero I had zero interest in becoming one of my favorites.

I agree. I get so mad at items especially unique that give deadpool extra points in his power-up power. It's so useless. The only thing I ever used it for was to mess with people at roof top boon parties.

Vecks

Didn't play as much as I should have this weekend but I did manage to max out my Scarlet Witch legendary. Anybody have notable progression during the xp weekend? Any new 60's you want to brag about?

Well, I did finish getting Rocket Raccoon and Loki to 60. And my Excalibur for Ms. Marvel is almost rank 5.

KePoW

Banned
am I the only one that thinks its fucking craz that team ups will be 200/400/600 splinters like heroes? confirmed here

8:03 Doomsaw_gazillion: Team ups will be 600 / 400 / 200 depending on whether they get new voice actor work (expensive)

unless he means Gs, but still, for what is basically a combat pet?

I can see 200 or 400 splinters, that's not a big deal.

It's not like it was going to be 50 or 100 or something

Vecks

am I the only one that thinks its fucking craz that team ups will be 200/400/600 splinters like heroes? confirmed here

8:03 Doomsaw_gazillion: Team ups will be 600 / 400 / 200 depending on whether they get new voice actor work (expensive)

unless he means Gs, but still, for what is basically a combat pet?

It's not bad when you consider how ridiculously expensive the useless pets with no voice work are in the store. Most of them are, what, 950g? That's about the equivalent of a 400 splinter hero. People who just want the team up for the usefulness will just go for the 200 one anyway.

Some random things I've picked up from the Play with Devs Weekend and forums:

• Advance Pack Heroes will most likely be Rogue and Mr. F.
  • Blade and Iceman 2015.
  • Juggernaut Terminal with Dr. Strange Patch.
  • Ghost Rider Enhanced Costume is very likely Alejandra (boooo!).
  • Old Man Thor Costume in 2 weeks.
  • Strange is 600 splinters.
  • Sue Storm and Psylocke should be the next two heroes after Strange unless there's a suprise release.
  • Team-ups are account-bound.

One thing that caught my eye was Doomsaws answer to a question about Carnage, he answered "We can't talk about Carnage yet".

There's more info Here.

Thanks, I couldn't make it to the Dev play sessions due to timezones.

inky

Advance Pack Heroes will most likely be Rogue and Mr. F
Blade and Iceman 2015

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Old Man Thor Costume in 2 weeks.

\ ( ° _ °) /
Seriously, why have the poll then. It is obvious people want Blade more than Mr F.

Argh.. So torn this week between MH and inFamous SS..

Going to have to put some time into MH one night though. I hate missing a bonus XP/RIF/SIF event.

Lord Phol

Team-Up Heroes FAQ (Page 1)

When will Team-Ups Heroes launch?

The first Team-Up Heroes will officially launch on Thursday, April 3rd, in preparation for the Captain America movie.

A presale pack will likely be available approximately one week before the official launch of Team-Up Heroes.

We are incredibly excited about seeing this feature go live and launching for everyone. We spent a good amount of time playing our favorite ARPGs and iterating to find the most-fun combination of systems and features to give Team-Up Heroes.

Many new Team-Up Heroes will be added periodically in the weeks, months and years ahead!

Can Team-Up Heroes be obtained with Eternity Splinters or Gs?

Team-Up Heroes can be obtained from Adam Warlock on the same day as their release and in the G Store in a new section for Team-Up Heroes.

The Team-Up Heroes are generally split into the following categories:

Enhanced Team-Up Heroes: 600 Splinters or 900 G

Non-Enhanced Team-Up Heroes: 400 Splinters or 650 G

Very Basic Team-Up Heroes: 200 Splinters or 400 G

Enhanced Team-Up Heroes have new voice acting work done specifically for the team up itself.

Very Basic Team-Up Heroes have no voice work, minimal VFX and minimal new tech associated with them.

Team-Up heroes have a lot of work put into them (much, much more than an enhanced costume), but we're banking on the fact that they will appeal to a broad range of players and they will be a worthwhile investment for the Marvel Heroes development team and plan to support them for infinite time.

Will Team-Up Heroes use items?

Team-Up Heroes have 4 item slots and dedicated Team Up gear that drops in the world.

Team-Up gear drops in common through epic rarity (white through purple) and is affected by Rare Item Find (RIF).

Team-Up gear has custom bonuses specifically made for Team Ups.

Which Team-Up Heroes are available at launch?

The first four Team-Up Heroes will be:

• Spider-Man - The original Marvel Team Up who started the comic series. Dodge-based hero with webs and martial arts.
  • Falcon - Directly from the Captain America Winter Soldier movie with flight, twin Mac-10 submachine guns and primarily physical damage attacks
  • Firestar - An original from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. Primarily energy damage attacks using her microwave powers.
  • Magik - Illyana Rasputin, complete with Soulsword and magical/mental based attacks.

How are Team Up Heroes different from each other?

Team Up Heroes have their own unique set of skills and abilities, which you select for them using a 3 x 4 grid of talents.

The talent grid is used to customize the Team-Up Hero to your playstyle. You choose which talents your team up has. The talents can be changed freely in hubs.

Full-Time Team-Up - Stays with you until they are defeated.

Short Duration Team-Up - Stays with you until they are defeated or 30 seconds elapses. Has a very high impact move when called in and does higher damage, but with shorter uptime. Starts with a 3 minute cooldown.

Behind The Scenes Team-Up - Provides you a passive bonus but is never called into play.

Team-Up Heroes FAQ (Page 2)
How do Team-Ups bind to your heroes?

Team-Ups will be freely used account wide with no restrictions.

Once you acquire a Team-Up Hero, they can be teamed with any of your heroes with no restriction. The Hero Roster interface allows you to easily set which Team-Up is associated with each of your heroes.

Can a Team-Up hero be used by that same hero being played?

Yes, the version of Earth in which Marvel Heroes exists is a juncture of many realities (as you've noticed), so this is no problem.

How do Team-Up Heroes level?

Team-Up Heroes automatically level up or down with your main hero, so you can freely use them on level 1 heroes or when using prestige levels.

Can Team-Up Heroes be defeated?

Although they have a high amount of health, Team-Ups can be damaged and defeated, which means you’ll need to call them in again based on their cooldown. You have the option of gearing them for increased survivability.

Can Team-Up Heroes use costumes?

Team-Ups will not be able to use costumes, but eventually alternate versions of Team-Ups may use different appearances. Example: Kate Bishop or Beta Ray Bill could potentially be a Team Up in the future.

What Team-Ups can we expect in the future?

Many, many, many will be available in the months and years to come, including Domino, Kitty Pryde, Beta Ray Bill, Lockjaw, Wolverine (a classic Marvel team up), Havok, all of the Guardians of the Galaxy, Wonder Man, Iceman (one of the original Amazing Friends) and Bob, Agent of Hydra are just short list of Team Ups that could appear in the future.

Note that a Team-Up Hero can also be a playable hero in the future and vice-versa.

Have more questions?

Post in this thread and I will add more details to this official FAQ:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/77991/official-team-up-faq-discussion?new=1

Sneak Preview of a future Team-Up:

More FAQ Questions:
Inventory?

Team-Up Heroes have a shared inventory of 30 extra slots. These are available all the time, as soon as Team-Ups launch, even if you do not have a single Team-Up Hero.

What Team-Up Heroes will be in the initial pack.

Austin will confirm this week, but likely the first 4 team ups will be in the initial pack.

Is Team-Up gear for specific heroes?

Team-Up gear can be used by any Team-Up Hero and are not for specific heroes. (At least not yet).

Will normal hero gear affect Team-Ups?

Currently, only Team-Up gear will affect Team-Ups, although I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of items designed to assist Team-Up Heroes at some point.

What kind of AI do Team-Ups have?

Each Team-Up has an AI brain that controls their powers. They select targets independently and choose their attacks independently.

What Will The Cost of Initial Team-Ups Be?

Falcon will definitely be a 600 splinter Team-Up Hero and has new voice acting. Our voice team is also working on scheduling voice actors for the rest, which may or may not be possible.

Will power be relative to cost?

Nope, all Team-Ups will be balanced to each other.

Fricking hype! This is alot better and fleshed out than I thought it would be. Totally getting Magik!
Source: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/77978/team-up-hero-faq#latest

Vecks

Very Basic Team-Up Heroes have no voice work, minimal VFX and minimal new tech.

The very basic ones sound terrible. Not sure if I'd bother with them.
I wonder which of the remaining 3, if any, are going to be basic.

Lord Phol

Firestar is hot so i'll buy her first.

Looks a bit freaky to me, I prefer her with mask over the facepaint. Can't deny the body though!

Also Doomsaw just posted this:

Hi all,

As I discussed with some people during my "Dev Weekend" chats, we are adding a new system to Marvel Heroes for extreme advancement - let's call it the Galactic Guardian system as a placeholder name, but that's only a working name.

The goal is to provide an almost endless level of progression, customization and reward for players through this system, so they always have something to do, regardless of whether they main a single hero or play a wide variety of heroes.

Basically, we are taking the best parts of the Badass Ranks system (unlimited progression), the Alternate Advancement System (tons of choice and customization) and Paragon System (simple interface with point allocation) and adding unique elements that are thematically and mechanically appropriate for Marvel Heroes.

We would like to receive feedback on what you would love to see with this system.

Some notes:

• The system would reward players all ALL LEVELS, not just max level, so you could start accumulating points for it immediately.
  • The system would contain hundreds of choices for you to allocate your points, improving both combat and non-combat stats
  • The system would be housed in a new tab in the achievements pane
  • The system would apply to all of your heroes equally, so everything would be percent based and auto-scaling
  • David Brevik is a huge fan of this system and wants to work on it directly to make it as epic as possible
The UI for this system will be starting very soon and we expect to have it relatively soon, since the tech is not very complicated. The key will be making it as fun and engaging as possible for years to come.

Hit me with your feedback - much appreciated!
Source

Lord Phol

Is that a copy (or certainly inspiration) of Paragon levels?

Parts of it will probably be like Diablo 3s Paragon-system. They also mention Borderlands 2 Bad-Ass system and another one as inspiration. It's just in the design-phase atm and they are asking for input and suggestions.

Just looked over at the Reaper of Souls thread D:, they are having fun. Must resist!

Alternate Advancement is from Everquest 2.
Both this system and the team-ups sounds exciting. Shame the team-ups are going to be so expensive, though.

Lord Phol

They are pretty expensive if you are going to get them all and I agree that 600 sounds like alot. You have to take into account that voice acting is quite costly though, and they are still cheaper than enhanced costumes while packing alot more features.

Team ups and further progression bonuses. Game is just getting easier and easier, I seriously hope they put in some actually challenging content.

DrBo42

Team ups and further progression bonuses. Game is just getting easier and easier, I seriously hope they put in some actually challenging content.

Well there are raids coming eventually but I don't think the community wants a hard game. Most of them appear to be into it purely for their comic favorites. In other words, they're filthy casuals.

inky

Magik is so mine. That should ease the pain a bit until she is fully playable next year T.T (hopefully).

Hmm, I should start saving up more splinters, unless the pack is reasonably priced. I still have 3 characters to buy (if we are counting Nova) and just about 500 splinters and 7500Gs.

inky

New sale. Super Meh

Marvel Madness is here! We're taking a whopping 50% off 10 select costumes!

For this week only, we've selected 10 costumes that we're putting on sale for a huge amount. For a complete list of items costumes on sale, see below:
Marvel Madness Costumes:

• Black Widow: Original
  • Iron Man: Silver Centurion
  • Cable: X-Force Legendary
  • Luke Cage: Street Clothes
  • Captain America: Original
  • Punisher: Wartorn
  • Hawkeye: Old Man Logan
  • Rocket Raccoon: Marvel NOW!
  • Human Torch: Red
  • Spider-Man: Big Time Costume

Limited Time Sale

This sale is for this week only so hurry!

Funnily enough, I've crafted 3 of the costumes on that list. 50% off is nice I guess, as a couple of those are good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
shit sale, wish the rocket costume was the gray one with the helmet (not the bubble helmet). just gimme Shuri already.

Reaper of Souls is awesome, but I can already see that ill be done with it when i finish it / get to 70, just like any normal game (like Infamous for example which im also playing), which is fine, and I can see that game being for some (most?) people what marvel is for me (I have no problem saying that its a better game lol), but yeah, not for me :)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

agreed. they need to throw in at least 2 more difficulties, or a scaling difficulty. If the community likes the difficulties they way they are that's great. Gaz can leave those alone.. But yeah, give us an eye bleeding difficulty to keep the hardcores appeased also :D

Team ups sound great from a comic/cosmetic standpoint.. Will likely drop money on them (filthy free players!!!)

Wait...what?!? I'm sitting at 415ish and thought I was good. Why the random increase?

probably not so random. it's strange. likely a ton of VFX work. not sure about new tech, but definitely a ton of VFX.

Can you guys tell me, is a Ymir or Serpent rune generally worth one blessing or two (for trade)?
I need a Ymir and Serpent rune for Emma, and I have plenty of Odinmarks to buys blessings with, but I dont really know what anything is worth.

Blank!

Can you guys tell me, is a Ymir or Serpent rune generally worth one blessing or two (for trade)?
I need a Ymir and Serpent rune for Emma, and I have plenty of Odinmarks to buys blessings with, but I dont really know what anything is worth.

You can probably get someone to give you both for a Blessing. Serpent's can sometimes go for a blessing, but you'll sometimes find someone desperate enough that'll he'll toss one in. Ymir's aren't all that rare in the grand scheme of things.

If you have trouble finding one, I'll just give you Ymir. I've got 7 and they aren't very useful at the moment. My serpent runes are spoken for though :)

DrBo42

Test Center is now up with Dr. Strange and Black Panther's 52 review. Player data migration hasn't finished so some may be unable to login.

Cosmic terminals should be renamed to Epic terminals. Or Occasionally Cosmic/LOL Cosmic Rings?Terminals.

Yeah, I just ran 6 Kurse cosmic runs and ended up with a total of 6 cosmics...4 of them weren't even for my character. I did get two Birch runes, though. Yay?

Lord Phol

Well I caved in and bought RoS, so that should keep me away from TC and spoilers until the patch!
If any of you guys play as well, add Phol#2149.

You can probably get someone to give you both for a Blessing. Serpent's can sometimes go for a blessing, but you'll sometimes find someone desperate enough that'll he'll toss one in. Ymir's aren't all that rare in the grand scheme of things.

If you have trouble finding one, I'll just give you Ymir. I've got 7 and they aren't very useful at the moment. My serpent runes are spoken for though :)

I had a guy last night wanting two Blessings for one Serpent rune. I'll ask around next time and see what people are offering.
Thanks for your offer. Ive never found a single Ymir rune. Can you tell me your in game name, so I can add you to my friend list and request that Ymir rune, if I need it? My in game name, is just "Hoya Destroyer".

Rhaknar

Gothos

I'm gonna wait for more interesting team-ups, nothing special about those one, to be honest. Magic, Spidey are already in the game, Firestarter is cool I guess, Falcon too, but nothing that screams "BUY ME" about them :)

Anyway, how is the loot in that Fear no reaper event? Did they really improve drops?

Blank!

I had a guy last night wanting two Blessings for one Serpent rune. I'll ask around next time and see what people are offering.
Thanks for your offer. Ive never found a single Ymir rune. Can you tell me your in game name, so I can add you to my friend list and request that Ymir rune, if I need it? My in game name, is just "Hoya Destroyer".

Yeah, don't go over 1 blessing for a serpent and look/offer a blessing for both. Anyway, my name is Blankosaurus in game. I'm also in the gaf SG but yeah, hit me up.

inky

can you not buy the presale bundle with Gs? I just got some with the 15% the other day

edit: just checked and you cant, sigh

Same. I feel like I just bought some Itchy & Scratchy money.

Thanks Gaz. That just means I'll get them with splinters instead. You get the inventory slots for free anyway.

Edit: btw, to anseer your question at the top of the page, I also think the prices are high. I expected them to be no more than 400 and all of them to have a similar level of work put into them, not to be so different in tiers. The price tag means that either they got a bit greedy or I underestimated the amount of work put into them.

hamchan

The ES prices being the same gives off the impression they're equivalent to heroes, even though they're not. I know i'd rather spend my splinters on actual heroes before team-ups. Honestly, I kinda don't know what the team-ups are really supposed to do or how effective they'll be.

Gothos

And that's what Test Center is for :p I'm gonna check them out there but 600 splinters is a really massive price for them. To be honest, the only team-up I could see myself spending that much on is Lockjaw :p

Rhaknar

I might be completely wrong here, if so ill apologize after the fact, but 2 of them even have their animations done, spiderman and magik. I doubt Magik will be doing different stuff than she does as Colossus pet, and Spidey...well, hes already a hero, so he will use those animations. Hell I think that for these team ups that are already heroes, you should get them at a discount really, I already bought spiderman, now I have to buy him again as a team up? (well, I dont HAVE to, but you know what I mean)

Hero prices never really bugged me, costume prices neither, those are purely cosmetic, but this whole team up thing rubs me the wrong way to be honest. Not in a "im dropping the game whaaaa" way, just in a "i nod my head disaprovingly at you gaz" way.

anyway, any word if the patch is tomorow or friday? because I just finished RoS and that game does nothing for me (as expected) unfortunately, and Im about to finish Infamous also

Top Bottom