• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think it depends on the specific character. I like Sue Storm a lot more than Invisible Woman, I think the latter sounds stupid.

For example most people say Kitty Pryde instead of Sprite.

Jean Grey, etc

you mean Shadowcat?

I am worried though, last time they added both new characters at once (Moon Knight and Strange) and now they just added Sue Storm. This makes me worried for Psylocke not being the next character. t-t Dont do this to me Gaz.

They actually started only with Moon Knight, and a few days later only added Strange so that the sub-forum roster looked neat, as opposed to having one hole, when the character after Moon Knight had already been known.
It's pretty much 90% sure that Psylocke is up after Sue.

dont get me wrong, I like the name, it was just weird they announced her as Sue Storm and everyone keeps refering to her as sue. Thats like announcing Ms.Marvel as Carol Denvers

Because "Sue" is shorter than "Invisible Woman". You can't really shorthand "Invisible Woman", whereas Sue is significantly shorter. It also rolls better off the tongue than Invisible Woman. Plus, she doesn't have any inofficial titles - when they had the AP up, they put stuff like "Dr. Strange, the Sorcerer Supreme", or "Magneto, Master of Magnetism", etc. - what would they have done with Sue? "Invisible Woman, the... Invisible Woman"? "The wife of Reed Richards"? "The token female of the Fantastic Four"? :p

I'm pretty sure Invisible Woman is going to be her in-game name.

you mean Shadowcat?

Kitty Pryde was Sprite and Ariel for a while before adopting Shadowcat as a name (after getting possessed by Ogun).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dev posted this on mh forum
8cTJQgy.jpg

Heh. Wonder if he's gonna take revenge for all those regular Doops the players whipped to hell and back. ;)

Also, are y'all ready for some supreme sorcery?! Tomorrow is the day!!

New PC arrived today, so first thing I do when I get home is load up MH and play it with some decent graphics settings haha..

Got my Ghost Rider to 48 last night.
One Unique in Midtown, a chestplate for Iron Man..

After talking about it yesterday though, I got an Unstable Molecule drop. First one in probably ~80 hours. That's three total now.

I can't use them yet anyway. Crafter is only level 17 and my Enchanter is level 16.

Any of you have tips for getting them levelled up quicker? Or is literally just picking up all tiers of crap and dropping it in?

EDIT: Oh! I forgot I got an invite to a Supergroup last night, just after an Xdef with a few peeps. Is there a bonus/advantage to running in a SG?

Vecks

The only way I know how to rank up quick is to buy those prestige pets from the cube shard vendor.
That's only if you have credits to burn since it costs 1 mil IIRC. I was already at the 3 mil credit cap, so I figured might as well do something with those credits.
Used one when my enchanter was rank 17, and it went up to 19.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
How's this week event treating you guys? Haven't been on in a while, waiting for Strange and playing Diablo 3 RoS and Dark Souls 2.

The only way I know how to rank up quick is to buy those prestige pets from the cube shard vendor.
That's only if you have credits to burn since it costs 1 mil IIRC. I was already at the 3 mil credit cap, so I figured might as well do something with those credits.
Used one when my enchanter was rank 17, and it went up to 19.

Thanks.

I have about 1.8 million cr at the moment.

Gotta have a prestige toon though right? I haven't done any prestiges yet.

Seeing as the "Paragon" system thing is in the works though, I'll probably be putting a lot more time into Deadpool again in the future.

LuuKyK

They actually started only with Moon Knight, and a few days later only added Strange so that the sub-forum roster looked neat, as opposed to having one hole, when the character after Moon Knight had already been known.
It's pretty much 90% sure that Psylocke is up after Sue.

Ohhh, I thought they were added simultaneously to the roster. Good to know that I am wrong though. Hopefully Psylocke will appear there soon as well then. :D

Edit: Also, Wolverine looks lonely in that roster. Looks weird. There, another reason to add her. Come on Gaz.

Vecks

How's this week event treating you guys? Haven't been on in a while, waiting for Strange and playing Diablo 3 RoS and Dark Souls 2.

Midtown boost is amazing. I think I've had 5 UMs drop this week. Also been getting way too many retcons. And uniques are filling my stash to the brim (no idea what to do with a lot of these any-hero ones).

Speaking of losing STASH space, anyone who uses TC know if tomorrow's patch includes a bigger inventory? Or is that gonna happen with the team-up patch?

Vecks

Excellent. Also noticed people talking about duplicate unique recipes in the test center forum. I should be able to clear up a good amount of stash space with those.

Well, finally found an incredibly strong build for Dr. Strange (aka Dr. Retcon 'cause there's no way in hell you're going to settle on a build for him the first time around) that doesn't require a second bar for normal play and he has become addicting to play. Have to give props to the devs, they have outdone themselves in character design this time (which is reassuring after we got Moon Knight). He is without a doubt worth the 600 splinters.

Oh and if anyone has had problems fitting all their powers onto their bar with any of the current characters, just you wait until you spec Strange.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh and if anyone has had problems fitting all their powers onto their bar with any of the current characters, just you wait until you spec Strange.

yup thats gonna piss me off.

edit: dupe unique recipes:

THE UNIQUE EXCHANGE RECIPES

3 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Completely Random 60 Unique (could be any of the uniques that exist in game)
as someone who has every hero this is the one ill use the most I think

4 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Random 60 Unique Usable By Current Hero (includes "Any Hero" uniques)

5 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Random 60 Any Hero Unique

Credits

3 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Credit Chest valued at 50,000

4 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Credit Chest valued at 200,000

5 Duplicate Unique Items (any level)= Credit Chest valued at 500,000

Relics

2 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Stack of 8 Relics

3 Duplicate Unique Items (any level)= Stack of 20 Relics

4 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Stack of 50 Relics

Runes

3 Duplicate Unique Items (any level)= Box of 5 Runes

5 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Box of 10 Runes

Lord Phol

Well, finally found an incredibly strong build for Dr. Strange (aka Dr. Retcon 'cause there's no way in hell you're going to settle on a build for him the first time around) that doesn't require a second bar for normal play and he has become addicting to play. Have to give props to the devs, they have outdone themselves in character design this time (which is reassuring after we got Moon Knight). He is without a doubt worth the 600 splinters.

Not saying Dr.Strange isn't more awesome than Moon Knight, but MK is more fun than people give him credit for IMO. He might not have those super awesome visual effects but he feels really brutal and fun when playing. Definetly my favorite brawler released so far.

Anyone heard anything about when the patch goes live? Usually they would have everything announced by now if they were gonna do it today.

Edit, Nevermind found this:
A new build will be up in test center soon with a few of the important bug fixes and some Panther tuning changes. Nothing major.

The plan is to do one more small iteration and get the patch live first thing in the morning. Ryolnir will keep everyone updated and post the patch notes when we're 100% sure the patch is ready to go.

I got no idea what "in the morning" means though, guessing that's Saturday for me.

Vecks

Hmm, I don't really want more uniques, credits or relics. I guess I'll just grind my duplicate uniques into runes. I wish they had a 2 unique option though. Still, this should clear my STASH up quite a bit.

Lord Phol

Hahah oh god I love Doomsaw, from the new Duplicate Unique recipe FAQ:
Q: Can we please not require dupicates and just allow any uniques?

A: That's not what this is for, this is for the poor unlucky souls who got many of the same unique.

Q: GAZ PLZ

A: I know, I know, but many games wouldn't even offer this fine assortment of options for your crafting pleasure; they would just say, "tough luck, please enjoy your new Paladin".

Q: OK, I understand.

A: Thank you. <3

Lord Phol

actually now that im thinking about it...how DOES the game "know" if its a dupliecate unique or not? will it look into all your heroes gear, and the stuff that you have in the stashes and whatnot?

No idea what you mean but duplicates are when you have the same of two or more items. For example two slot 5 Great White Shark Nightcrawler Uniques.
Stats or whatever doesn't matter, just that they share the same name. Just like normal crafting you choose manually which ones you want to put into the blender.

Rhaknar

No idea what you mean but duplicates are when you have the same of two or more items. For example two slot 5 Great White Shark Nightcrawler Uniques.
Stats or whatever doesn't matter, just that they share the same name. Just like normal crafting you choose manually which ones you want to put into the blender.

i know that, I have plenty. What i asked was, how will it work. do you need to have both on you in the bag at the same time to use one of them in the crafter? or will the game "know" you have it equipped on some other character and it registers the one you want to use in the recipe as a duplicate. thats what I mean. I dont know how you got that I didnt know what a duplicate was from what I said before :p

Lord Phol

i know that, I have plenty. What i asked was, how will it work. do you need to have both on you in the bag at the same time to use one of them in the crafter? or will the game "know" you have it equipped on some other character and it registers the one you want to use in the recipe as a duplicate. thats what I mean

You can have them in the bag, equipped or in the stash, doesn't matter. You have to pick the ones you want to "sacrifice" yourself. It's just like when you craft costumes, you click on the ones you want to use as ingredients.

Not saying Dr.Strange isn't more awesome than Moon Knight, but MK is more fun than people give him credit for IMO. He might not have those super awesome visual effects but he feels really brutal and fun when playing. Definetly my favorite brawler released so far.

I can definitely see how most people would enjoy MK but to me, strictly from a gameplay design PoV, he feels just so uninspired. There's nothing about him mechanically that defines him as a separate character from similar characters. His tribute system could've been that, but they stopped way short of making the choice between the two Gifts interesting and game-changing. I'll freely admit though that my standards and expectations are much higher than most players'.

Lord Phol

I can definitely see how most people would enjoy MK but to me, strictly from a gameplay design PoV, he feels just so uninspired. There's nothing about him mechanically that defines him as a separate character from similar characters. His tribute system could've been that, but they stopped way short of making the choice between the two Gifts interesting and game-changing. I'll freely admit though that my standards and expectations are much higher than most players'.

I agree with you, he doesn't have anything that really puts him apart from the rest of the heroes which makes him feel a bit cheap. I thought Ghost Rider would be the new standard, but it doesn't seem to be the case entirely. They are saying the same thing about Dr. Strange so we will have to see. The funny thing is that the community manager was directly involved the creation of MK since he's a big fan, dunno what went wrong.

Rhaknar

hows Panther review? I think Ill acvtually level him first before the good Doctor

edit: also, "The Marvel Heroes servers are coming down at 6AM PDT for Game Update 2.35 (featuring Doctor Strange!)" so I guess twitter lied earlier (thats 1pm in the UK)

Blank!

Any of you have tips for getting them levelled up quicker? Or is literally just picking up all tiers of crap and dropping it in?

Go to lower asgard chapter 9. Farm around the fountain. The spirits of ivaldi or whatever drop frequently and make for good donation material.

hows Panther review? I think Ill acvtually level him first before the good Doctor

edit: also, "The Marvel Heroes servers are coming down at 6AM PDT for Game Update 2.35 (featuring Doctor Strange!)" so I guess twitter lied earlier (thats 1pm in the UK)

They don't realize Europe's got a different date to change to Daylight Saving Time. They've done this before. :)
But starting with this weekend, things should go back to normal!

GManDH

yup thats gonna piss me off.

edit: dupe unique recipes:

THE UNIQUE EXCHANGE RECIPES

3 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Completely Random 60 Unique (could be any of the uniques that exist in game)
as someone who has every hero this is the one ill use the most I think

4 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Random 60 Unique Usable By Current Hero (includes "Any Hero" uniques)

5 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Random 60 Any Hero Unique

Credits

3 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Credit Chest valued at 50,000

4 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Credit Chest valued at 200,000

5 Duplicate Unique Items (any level)= Credit Chest valued at 500,000

Relics

2 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Stack of 8 Relics

3 Duplicate Unique Items (any level)= Stack of 20 Relics

4 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Stack of 50 Relics

Runes

3 Duplicate Unique Items (any level)= Box of 5 Runes

5 Duplicate Unique Items (any level) = Box of 10 Runes

I hate cursing but HOLY PRIESTHOOD ALMIGHTY!!! now i need to get as many uniques as possible. the stuff you can do with this is incredible.

Lord Phol

Reading the Patch notes it seems like they made Freezing Slash a ranged power. Kind of weird since they remade the animations for it not too long ago and it looked really great. Oh well.

Rhaknar

oh shit the unique crafting is today? I thought it was next week with team ups, sweet! Although, I just realised the 3 uniques for any unique is ANY unique, including "any hero" uniques... hmm. think ill use the 4 uniques to get 1 for current hero one more in that case, probably for heroes that dont have many (like rocket who only has in 1 slot, which I got this morning) or save my dupes to gear up strange and panther

I sure hope the patch size isn't massive.

1.9gigs, downloading now on steam.

Hope the server goes up soon! After testing Strange out I am SUPER hyped.
He is just a lot of fun and I think it will be great trying out different builds with him.
Even with some of my favorite heroes, after filling out my normal hotkeys I rarely have any skills that I feel like I am missing out on.

Pretty much every single one of his spells just feels awesome, has great effects, and seems like a worthwhile addition to most builds.

Goddamn Gaz really knows what they are doing.

I was talking with Thetrin about this recently, but after reading up a lot about all of the actual content additions to RoS and then reading about how Gaz is handling Team-Ups, I am so much more hyped and impressed by the content Gaz is producing.

Especially when you consider it is a free update and RoS is a pricey expansion.

Not trying to start a flame war, just posting my personal view! Still plan to pick up RoS eventually when I have the time!

I think I'm really close to caving and just buying cable. I've been on a huge cable high after reading cable and deadpool and I feel like it's going to be forever before I get enough splinters.

I think I'm really close to caving and just buying cable. I've been on a huge cable high after reading cable and deadpool and I feel like it's going to be forever before I get enough splinters.

Do you just not have much time for gaming? Ever since I got a job in the industry my time has been drastically reduced, but I have collected around 600 splinters over the last month not even playing every day.

Rhaknar

cable is only 400 splinters tho

Vecks

What the hell am I supposed to do with these single uniques for heroes I don't own that are clogging up my inventory? B.S.

All we can do is save them for starktech, which they say is in 8 weeks, but who knows at this point since they keep delaying it.

Edit: Almost 2gb patch again.

I'm like 1100g short of buying ghost rider. Is there no way to get a small amount of g's (100) or am I gonna have to drop $15? Because I am sure as hell not grinding up my splinters to 600 again x_x

Top Bottom