• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Repgnar

Fuck, went afk and died at Hell's Kitchen lol. What's this about bloodstone totems and such?

edit - what would you recommend that I focus on leveling up? Crafter? One of the vendors?

Is there a reason why people are trying not to die or making a note when they die? Just curious, haven't followed the game much but i've noticed a few people post or even streamers say something when one of their characters die, especially when they're away from their computer at the time?

Only got through the first two acts with Scarlet Witch but should have plenty of time tomorrow after work. Can't wait to jump back in.

Wanny

DAT MUSIC! It's so terrible that it makes me completely turn off. After hearing Grim Dawn's terrrrrrrific soundtrack, this is just a joke.

Yes you will tell me : just turn it off. Well this is immersion factor for me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there a reason why people are trying not to die or making a note when they die? Just curious, haven't followed the game much but i've noticed a few people post or even streamers say something when one of their characters die, especially when they're away from their computer at the time?

Only got through the first two acts with Scarlet Witch but should have plenty of time tomorrow after work. Can't wait to jump back in.
I'm not sure if it's much of an event considering there's pretty much no penalty from death, but the frustration might come from the fact that the overworld design in this game has constantly respawning enemies, so you can't be really AFK. Often not even when your near a SHIELD checkpoint because enemies will go there too, or can be led there by another player.

Design has it's pros and cons. It becomes overwhelming sometimes, especially when backtracking.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

I'm not sure if it's much of an event considering there's pretty much no penalty from death, but the frustration might come from the fact that the overworld design in this game has constantly respawning enemies, so you can't be really AFK. Often not even when your near a SHIELD checkpoint because enemies will go there too, or can be led there by another player.

Design has it's pros and cons. It becomes overwhelming sometimes, especially when backtracking.

There's an artifact that you can buy that gives good stats for low levels, except it's reduced by 10% for each time you die.

Fortunately, it's either bugged, or doesn't show when it reduces it.

Repgnar

Ah, the way people were talking/typing made me wonder if there was an achievement or something minor for beating the chapters without dying or something. Your explanation makes sense though.

Fuck, went afk and died at Hell's Kitchen lol. What's this about bloodstone totems and such?

edit - what would you recommend that I focus on leveling up? Crafter? One of the vendors?

In the X-Men school, they sell a totem that has +hp and something else. The health goes down 10% for every defeat you suffer.

If suggest going exclusively with crafting. I don't think the vendors are worth it right now, since drops have always been superior so far.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoying playing as the Punisher, such fun. My mate was making fun of me as we were playing coop and I was shouting things 'Go on Frank, kill the bastard!' (I'm a big Punisher fan) :p Bought him as a starter pack and then put a bit extra towards the free credit I got to buy the Hulk. I'm perfectly fine with them two for now, I'll pick up the odd extra character occasionally but not too fussed about costumes etc.

Really enjoying playing as the Punisher, such fun. My mate was making fun of me as we were playing coop and I was shouting things 'Go on Frank, kill the bastard!' (I'm a big Punisher fan) :p Bought him as a starter pack and then put a bit extra towards the free credit I got to buy the Hulk. I'm perfectly fine with them two for now, I'll pick up the odd extra character occasionally but not too fussed about costumes etc.

Classic costume with white boots, right? Makes me want to break out some Punisher comics.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All the prices are plain stupid at the moment. I'm actually glad I picked up a pack for 60 so I can call it quits on the store. I'll wait for price drops.
I was planning on at least getting my feet wet in the final version with Storm, but at this point I think I'm just going to lurk this thread until there is a sale on characters I want to play.

That's kinda sad, thinking about how I am waiting for DLC prices to drop before I even start playing a F2P game, but it is what it is. Hopefully the amount of $200 Ultimate Packs they've sold doesn't convince them that they can sustain themselves on higher pricepoints, because I'd like to buy into what they're selling, just not at that price.

I was planning on at least getting my feet wet in the final version with Storm, but at this point I think I'm just going to lurk this thread until there is a sale on characters I want to play.

That's kinda sad, thinking about how I am waiting for DLC prices to drop before I even start playing a F2P game, but it is what it is. Hopefully the amount of $200 Ultimate Packs they've sold doesn't convince them that they can sustain themselves on higher pricepoints, because I'd like to buy into what they're selling, just not at that price.

Who did you get a your second hero drop? You basically earn three starters for free if you beat the story mode. And you can always get a drop.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Classic costume with white boots, right? Makes me want to break out some Punisher comics.

Nah the all black costume with Punisher sign on the shirt. Classic costume is cool but I might get the trenchcoat one eventually. I'm more of a fan of Punisher MAX but the older stuffs cool too.

I love endgame. takes a lot of coordination to fight the bosses, especially in the red versions of the instances, then again we were underleveled but was fun nonetheless.

Also, i dun kno if everyone noticed but my rested exp is unlimited currently. Bug or not, im getting my alt through doom today lol

I love endgame. takes a lot of coordination to fight the bosses, especially in the red versions of the instances, then again we were underleveled but was fun nonetheless.

Also, i dun kno if everyone noticed but my rested exp is unlimited currently. Bug or not, im getting my alt through doom today lol

what's rested xp?

GManDH

so i was away for a couple of days and the activity here is just INSANE. glad to see it. a couple of questions, since i missed the official launch party....
did we ever get a guild??
can we now activate the thing where we can see how much damage we do per hit?
are we going to have a day we all play together??
have they made any patches since june 28th?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
so i was away for a couple of days and the activity here is just INSANE. glad to see it. a couple of questions, since i missed the official launch party....
did we ever get a guild??
can we now activate the thing where we can see how much damage we do per hit?
are we going to have a day we all play together??
have they made any patches since june 28th?

No guilds yet. :(

I hit 21 on Rocket Raccon. His entire game changes at 20. Much more viable character now.

FlyFaster

I wish I could play this game but my laptop can't run it :(

Can I live vicariously through one of you guys? Tell me about Iron Man in the game - is he good? What are his moves like? Does he "feel" like Iron Man?

I hope the game is a success for them, despite the crazy prices on costumes. It's so good.

Actually, if you compare the costume prices to skin prices in League of Legends they're about the same. Every new skin in LoL is minimum ~$10 (975 Riot points) and they go up to $20~25 for 'Legendary' skins. With that said, a game just launching I wouldn't have put skins at more than $10.

But champions are all $10 in LoL. Maybe the heroes in Marvel take longer to make and more complicated than the champs in LoL so I'd say max $15. $20 is too much

ElRenoRaven

Yea. The patch that will make crafting mats stack really can't come soon enough. I've developed a pretty good stash of mats over the last week.

hamchan

Venom just popped up as an event boss and it was hilarious with just dozens of people standing around blasting him.

Wynnebeck

Banned
What the hell. I get Scarlet Witch as Black Panther after the intro and right after I beat Taskmaster guess what drops as a random drop? Another Scarlet Witch. -_-

I've never watched it before, but the opening cinematic is pretty damn cool: Youtube link

I spy a Mr. Fantastic, an Invisible Woman, an Ant-Man (with shoulder-Wasp) and a Gambit among all currently announced heroes and that slideshow at the end of the comic part! :O

Also loved the Sersi and Ikaris cameos.

FloatOn

Tried the game a bit today and it seems pretty rough around the edges in the sound department. Not enough sound effects for hits or voice work for the NPCs.

Amagon

So I added $5 on my Steam wallet through the game to add credits. How or when will I able to use the $5 in-game?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Once you complete the game with one character, can you just switch characters and WP your way to specific exp places to grind a new character up quick?

antonz

Oh man once you get psychokinetic implosion jean grey enters op territory. sucks everyone in and deals almost 300 damage each time. Isn't supposed to be available until level 20 but I got an epic belt at level 15 that gives me 3 ranks of the ability. Does 269-391 to every mob every time I fire it off

Once you complete the game with one character, can you just switch characters and WP your way to specific exp places to grind a new character up quick?

yeah you get to use the waypoints to jump around and save exploration time

You can do that whenever but keep in mind you wont be getting the stat boosts that you get for completing certain missions.

I was hoping by playing the game you could unlock all the characters with time put in. But I guess it doesn't work that way

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who did you get a your second hero drop? You basically earn three starters for free if you beat the story mode. And you can always get a drop.
Haven't started yet, but I played a bunch of the beta. I just don't want to play with characters I just don't care all that much for and then do it again with ones I do. Want to experience everything with Iron Man first, or if that never goes on sale, Cable.

Won't have much time to sink into this game in the near future so I at least want to play it the best I can.

Top Bottom