• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Teggy

I wish I could give you one. I've found 3 Old Laces and I never use them. They are really easy to miss too, because they look like regular purple drops. The first time I got one it was at the Mandarin terminal, and I almost left it behind because I thought it was random Emma gear or something, until silly me put 2 and 2 together.

I don't suppose pets show up as offscreen bubbles? I'd be really sad if I missed one, but I'll never know anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wish I could give you one. I've found 3 Old Laces and I never use them. They are really easy to miss too, because they look like regular purple drops. The first time I got one it was at the Mandarin terminal, and I almost left it behind because I thought it was random Emma gear or something, until silly me put 2 and 2 together.

ive gotten that one too (in fact its the only pet drop I got), also dont give a crap about it :/ or any pet really, it always breaks imersion in any game in my opinion

inky

I don't suppose pets show up as offscreen bubbles? I'd be really sad if I missed one, but I'll never know anyway.

I don't know, I've always noticed them on screen, but I assume they do. Heck, runes have it. They look like little boxes (similar to Uru items) but they don't have the glow, or at least they didn't when I found them.

Teggy

ive gotten that one too (in fact its the only pet drop I got), also dont give a crap about it :/ or any pet really, it always breaks imersion in any game in my opinion

I'm a Runaways fan so I want that one - given all the immersion breaking elements in the game (5 Iron Man on screen at the same time) at least it's possible to have Old Lace follow you in the comics, as opposed to a tiny Vision or something :)

KePoW

Banned
The 2014 Presale Pack 2 is live, featuring Invisible Woman, Psylocke, and the now fully confirmed Mr. Fantastic.
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/80109/2014-wave-2-presale-pack-now-available/p1

Poor Kepow.

Ahhh, I suppose I shouldn't complain about 2 of 3 being awesome!

Have they said if they are going to call her Sue Storm or Invisible Woman?

Jubilee is the girl they should never let on missions lol.
Everyone else always has to save her!
I don't think I have ever read a comic with her that isn't all "AHHH WOLVIE HELP!"

LOL, that is true but also what makes her funny!! You definitely don't want every female character like that, but having one is fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ahhh, I suppose I shouldn't complain about 2 of 3 being awesome!

Have they said if they are going to call her Sue Storm or Invisible Woman?

LOL, that is true but also what makes her funny!! You definitely don't want every female character like that, but having one is fun.

Invisible Woman, as it should be

KePoW

Banned
Game is gonna be even easier with them :) I'm not sure I like it...

I've been championing making the game a lot harder since last year.

But I don't read the official forums... have you guys seen any specific dev comments on the subject?

KePoW

Banned
I'm a Runaways fan so I want that one - given all the immersion breaking elements in the game (5 Iron Man on screen at the same time) at least it's possible to have Old Lace follow you in the comics, as opposed to a tiny Vision or something :)

Runaways are awesome! I wonder if they'll ever consider Nico or Karolina Dean

Invisible Woman, as it should be

Just curious, you don't like characters names such as Sue Storm comparable to Kitty Pryde, Jean Grey, etc??

I would never call the latter Marvel Girl or Sprite, etc... not a big deal, that's just me.

Rhaknar

Runaways are awesome! I wonder if they'll ever consider Nico or Karolina Dean

Just curious, you don't like characters names such as Sue Storm comparable to Kitty Pryde, Jean Grey, etc??

I would never call the latter Marvel Girl or Sprite, etc... not a big deal, that's just me.

you keep doing that comparison to jean and kitty, while I compare it to calling Ms.Marvel Carol Denvers or Human Torch johnny.

Also, Jean hasnt gone by Marvel Girl in...how many years? not even when I as a kid reading comics she went by Marvel Girl, you could at least say Pheonix. Same for Kitty with Sprite (by the way, devs say Shadowcat will be in the game...not Sprite, not Kitty).

Sue has always been the Invisible Woman. thats her Fantastic Four name.

edit: also, I actually DO like calling them by their real name, makes me feel...inside-y (lol) and Ill probably call her Sue most of the time like I call Ms.Marvel Carol, but I think that they should be called by their Superhero name in the game :)

KePoW

Banned
you keep doing that comparison to jean and kitty, while I compare it to calling Ms.Marvel Carol Denvers or Human Torch johnny.

Also, Jean hasnt gone by Marvel Girl in...how many years? not even when I as a kid reading comics she went by Marvel Girl, you could at least say Pheonix. Same for Kitty with Sprite (by the way, devs say Shadowcat will be in the game...not Sprite, not Kitty).

Sue has always been the Invisible Woman. thats her Fantastic Four name.

edit: also, I actually DO like calling them by their real name, makes me feel...inside-y (lol) and Ill probably call her Sue most of the time like I call Ms.Marvel Carol, but I think that they should be called by their Superhero name in the game :)

Yeah, it does depend on the character.

Personally I would never say Phoenix for Jean Grey either. Always JG.

Also I actually call HT by Johnny usually lol, I don't particularly like the name HT.

For Ms. Marvel I go either way, half Carol and half MM.

I would be VERY surprised if Gaz does not use the name Kitty Pryde, that would be news to me. As another comic fan last page said (Red?), everyone calls her Kitty Pryde.

Rhaknar

excited about team-ups, but then again, im a big pet-class player so... (ironically tho, like I said earlier, I hate non-combat decorative pets)

LuuKyK

People on the forums are pointing out the "Panther Temple" on the map in this screenshot:

SQ6sEVh.jpg

New map/location?

Rhaknar

HOOOOOOOOOOOLY shit what a nasty bug lol

just went to remove the visual effect from a hank pym growth syrum on dr.strange... it turned it into a advanced cyttorak gem...bound to ironman LOL

which was the last artifact I removed the visual effect from, days ago. it basically copied the last artifact I had removed the effect on, just checked my ironman and he has the exact same one. Imagine if I had lost a shrinking serum!

KePoW

Banned

just went to remove the visual effect from a hank pym growth syrum on dr.strange... it turned it into a advanced cyttorak gem...bound to ironman LOL

which was the last artifact I removed the visual effect from, days ago. it basically copied the last artifact I had removed the effect on, just checked my ironman and he has the exact same one. Imagine if I had lost a shrinking serum!

Wow that's really weird

inky

Finally got Strange to 60. That was as enjoyable as I imagined. The boosts and events helped a lot as well.

I'm still not sure on a build, and leveling I got to the point in which I had a full bar and powers all the way from F1 to F5. Insane. It seems Astral Projections + Daggers and low CDs is pretty powerful, but I don't really want an illusions build. (Plus they are going to fix the bug soon enough).

Dreamwalking looks like such a no-brainer passive too, together with Ancient Training due to how squishy he is. That fact makes Shield of the Seraphim look kind of enticing but I think his squishiness actually has the opposite effect: he's going to be low on defense/hp anyway, so damage negation and health recovery don't look like the best deals when you can prop up damage by so much more. Crimson Bands and Orb of Agamotto are kind of the weak links imo, although vulnerability is always good.

In the end I'm probably going all AoE + shotgun build, with Flames, Vapors, Seven Suns and Maybe Demons of Denak.

All in all, he came out splendid and so much fun.

Vecks

Did you report it? That's a really scary-sounding bug.

Had an awesome night running around with Hulk.

Went from 22 to 45 just doing Midtown + LQs.

Got THREE uniques for Hulk. All different as well. So lucky! Especially after the last week of getting only one (and an any hero one at that). Couldn't believe it. Running no boons, and three legit character-specific uniques. Stark contrast to the penta-boost/RIF/SIF weekends when I get squat haha

Hulk kicking some serious arse now. So good for clearing out mobs.

What are Mighty costumes?

So the good guys to fight the hammer wielding bad guys called the worthy, got armor and weapons from Odin that are very glow-y and they then referred to themselves as the mighty. So wolverine, hawkeye, black widow, Dr. Strange, etc. all became "the mighty".

Noob question; Is there a quick way to use the 2nd and 3rd "hotbar" for powers?

I haven't really needed it up until I started using Iron Man (where it seems like he has 20 powers I want to use), but I feel like I'm sacrificing others.

Can you hold Ctrl, or Tab, ~ or something to then get the second/third ASDFGH powers?

KePoW

Banned
So the good guys to fight the hammer wielding bad guys called the worthy, got armor and weapons from Odin that are very glow-y and they then referred to themselves as the mighty. So wolverine, hawkeye, black widow, Dr. Strange, etc. all became "the mighty".

Is that the Fear Itself series, or a different event?

I haven't really needed it up until I started using Iron Man (where it seems like he has 20 powers I want to use), but I feel like I'm sacrificing others.

Can you hold Ctrl, or Tab, ~ or something to then get the second/third ASDFGH powers?

For me I just press 1, 2 or 3 to access the different power bars.

You can try this too but it involves messing around with the .ini file. I have not tried it myself, but I probably will eventually.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/66933/how-to-add-more-hotkeys#latest

(and of course Doomsaw commented on the post, making it clear that eventually they will add more keybinding options officially)

You will not have any action taken for adjusting this, but it's not officially supported.

We are working on the next step in keybindings so you'll be able to do this officially.

Oh yeah I like her as a character, but in a game? Not really seeing what she could offer over say Dazzler.

I mean she has Fireworks....and that's about it. No agility or fighting ability. No tactical awareness or leadership ability.
I mean I guess they could add a skill tree for Vampire stuff...but that was one of the worst arcs in recent Marvel history IMO so I would rather that just be ignored.

If I designed her the second tree would just be a series of resurrection CD powers where X-Men come in to save her and stay for a bit. Lol

No idea what a third tree could be. Bad 90s Fashion? ;p

KePoW

Banned
Oh yeah I like her as a character, but in a game? Not really seeing what she could offer over say Dazzler.

I mean she has Fireworks....and that's about it. No agility or fighting ability. No tactical awareness or leadership ability.
I mean I guess they could add a skill tree for Vampire stuff...but that was one of the worst arcs in recent Marvel history IMO so I would rather that just be ignored.

If I designed her the second tree would just be a series of resurrection CD powers where X-Men come in to save her and stay for a bit. Lol

No idea what a third tree could be. Bad 90s Fashion? ;p

"AHHH WOLVIE HELP!!!"

=)

Jubilee is the girl they should never let on missions lol.
Everyone else always has to save her!
I don't think I have ever read a comic with her that isn't all "AHHH WOLVIE HELP!"

I guess he was too late here...

Wolverine_by_McNiven___Vines_by_northchavis.jpg

Based on Jubilees jacket, I guess this was a Sabretooth thing :O (or just a fan art one?)

In other news, I played Deadpool for quite a few hours last night after a loooooong Deadpool break and really had fun with him. I found 2 Tyr runes in Midtown as well.

In other news, I played Deadpool for quite a few hours last night after a loooooong Deadpool break and really had fun with him. I found 2 Tyr runes in Midtown as well.

I was super noob fresh when I played Deadpool, so despite getting him to 60, I feel I never got the best out of him. Never was happy with my ranged build either.

Fully intend on going back to him either to prestige or maybe when that rumoured paragon thing comes in.

I did enjoy him, I just felt I didn't get the best out of him. And being my fav character, I need to play more.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
has Gaz said anything about Mystique being playable ?

Teggy

They could give Jubilee a "Decimation" tree with one power. You press it and she loses all her powers and gets really mopey.

Toppot

Wait. What? I don't quite get this...

Most levels have several different layouts where the map can be a whole different shape with locations in different places. So you would need around multiple maps per level then you would have to identify which version you had at that time.

Top Bottom