• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Vecks

I haven't seen any maps. I assume it's too much of a hassle to chart out, especially since the fog resets and some zones are huge. After playing for a while, you start to recognize/memorize the locations anyway.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
team ups are next week now

@Doomsaw said: We have approval to show the following two team ups:

Spider-Man

Magik

We don't have approval to show these two team ups yet:

Falcon (Need to adjust his wing positioning while hovering and using certain attacks to match his official wing configuration - yes this is the level of detail we go through...)

Firestar (Her aura needs to look slightly less fiery and more microwavey)

Both of these are done, but are in the standard 5-day approval queue, so it's unlikely they will get approved this week.

Given that, I would guess Team-Ups release in next week's patch, but we enable the Team-Up system, along with Spider-Man and Magik on test center this weekend to work out any last minute kinks in the system.

Ryolnir* will give an update on the next test center update. We do intend to release a patch this week to get the Team-Up backend tech into the system and fix any Strange bugs from the weekend.

ZjjEt4T.jpg

Got excited when I saw all the items on this one, until I read it's basically a health sapper. Shame.

Blank!

ZjjEt4T.jpg

Got excited when I saw all the items on this one, until I read it's basically a health sapper. Shame.

fwiw, it's only a 4% chance which makes it leagues better than Magneto's Medal. That said, it isn't very good regardless.

Hold on to it (obviously) as it may prove much more useful after the item and/or stat review.

fwiw, it's only a 4% chance which makes it leagues better than Magneto's Medal. That said, it isn't very good regardless.

Hold on to it (obviously) as it may prove much more useful after the item and/or stat review.

I've stored it in my Stash for the time being. Didn't seem like it was worth replacing the gear I've already got.

There's an item/stat review coming?

Blank!

I've stored it in my Stash for the time being. Didn't seem like it was worth replacing the gear I've already got.

There's an item/stat review coming?

Yeah, I believe it's next month for both? Or one? I forget. The stat review (+speed, +intelligence, etc) was supposed to happen in January or something though, so meh. Could be awesome, could be pointless.

I've got a cosmic magneto medal sitting in my stash but I just can't bring myself to use it. My spirit thirsty characters also tend to be the squishiest. Maybe dr strange will use it once I'm leveled.

Hulk at 53 now. It's been a pretty good run. Only had a few cheap deaths against Rhino/Juggs with their charges. Think I'm indestructible so I just stand there half the time haha

Yeah, I believe it's next month for both? Or one? I forget. The stat review (+speed, +intelligence, etc) was supposed to happen in January or something though, so meh. Could be awesome, could be pointless.

Sweet.
Hanging onto all the Uniques I find anyway (with hopes that one day I might be able to use those three/four duplicate crafting recipes haha)

LuuKyK

This weekend's event is called S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruitment Weekend:

We're holding a special S.H.I.E.L.D. recruitment drive this weekend - we need heroes to prove themselves in the S.H.I.E.LD. Holo-Sim to inspire new recruits! Austin will have the full details as we get closer, we'll also have a new Captain America: Winter Soldier costume in-store as well as a very, very cool Black Widow costume.

Starting Friday:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Sim loot quality will be increased from enemies and supervillains!

We've be delivering a special S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Preparedness Kit to anybody who logs in. This can contain a few different items, including one of two S.H.I.E.L.D.-themed Any Hero uniques!

In addition, watch your email inboxes this weekend for a cache from the S.H.I.E.L.D. storage!

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/80547/s-h-i-e-l-d-recruitment-weekend

Also first in-game image of Old Thor:

Also regarding Psylocke's forum being absent for now:

We'll be making a forum for Psylocke once we get a new model for her.

*impatiently waiting*

And thank God for that because her current in-game model is rather bland tbh.

yogloo

Ohhh. I never knew that map is randomized. Does that mean that there are several different servers that you can play in?

Finaika

Also regarding Psylocke's forum being absent for now:

*impatiently waiting*

And thank God for that because her current in-game model is rather bland tbh.

Yeah, her current model is meh, but I really can't wait to see her new model!

LuuKyK

Yeah, her current model is meh, but I really can't wait to see her new model!

Seriously. I mean, I really expect them to nail her new design.

At least don't give her a weird face like the Invisible Woman one. Needs to be something like this:

I am not too worried about the body because they pretty much use the same model for every one in the game. :p

KePoW

Banned
Seriously. I mean, I really expect them to nail her new design.

At least don't give her a weird face like the Invisible Woman one. Needs to be something like this:

It must be hard for any game dev to cater to comic fans, because they are so picky about looks lol.

Personally I really like Sue Storm's current in-game model and face, and hope they don't change it much.

I think Psylocke's in-game is okay, although it could be improved a little bit. Wouldn't bother me if it stayed that way though.

LuuKyK

It must be hard for any game dev to cater to comic fans, because they are so picky about looks lol.

Personally I really like Sue Storm's current in-game model and face, and hope they don't change it much.

I think Psylocke's in-game is okay, although it could be improved a little bit. Wouldn't bother me if it stayed that way though.

smashtard.gif

Character_-_Psylocke.jpg

You can't be serious. This is okay for you? O-k-a-y?

She looks like a freaking alien! That can't be ok kepow. Come on. Thats the best looking marvel heroine we are talking about.

KePoW

Banned
You can't be serious. This is okay for you? O-k-a-y?

She looks like a freaking alien! That can't be ok kepow. Come on. Thats the best looking marvel heroine we are talking about.

Hahahah bro, I think you got some bad graphics settings or something =P

Here's a screenshot I have from my past archives, she doesn't look too bad here:

ibpR7Gmc1VpNto.jpg

LuuKyK

Hahahah bro, I think you got some bad graphics settings or something =P

Here's a screenshot I have from my past archives, she doesn't look too bad here:

ibpR7Gmc1VpNto.jpg

lol

Thats not my screenshot though. I found it on google. :p

Maybe its not that bad tbh, considering it has been quite some time since I've checked how she looks in-game. But from what I remember she didn't look as good as that in your SS, and I play on max settings. Are you running that sweet fx thing by any chance?

KePoW

Banned
Maybe its not that bad tbh, considering it has been quite some time since I've checked how she looks in-game. But from what I remember she didn't look as good as that in your SS, and I play on max settings. Are you running that sweet fx thing by any chance?

Haha yeah I use SweetFX.

But that doesn't change the model of course, only AA and color vibrancy/luminescence

Is there anything I need to know before I do the cow level? Will a level 60 cut it? Or is it more like Cosmics where even tough level 60's still get hammered?

Lord Phol

Not only fans but Marvel as well, they can be pretty picky (Doomsaw commenting on potentional push back of the Team-Ups release):

We have approval to show the following two team ups:

Spider-Man
Magik

We don't have approval to show these two team ups yet:

Falcon (Need to adjust his wing positioning while hovering and using certain attacks to match his official wing configuration - yes this is the level of detail we go through...)

Firestar (Her aura needs to look slightly less fiery and more microwavey)

Both of these are done, but are in the standard 5-day approval queue, so it's unlikely they will get approved this week.

Given that, I would guess Team-Ups release in next week's patch, but we enable the Team-Up system, along with Spider-Man and Magik on test center this weekend to work out any last minute kinks in the system.

We won't know actual release date until Marvel gets back to us.
It could be 5 minutes from now (and we could release them) or it could be next week.
This is how it goes with licensed properties and it's all good.

We'll let you know as soon as we know.

hamchan

Bwahaha the wing has to be in the right position and the fire has to be the right amount of blurry? Marvel really are super meticulous about everything.

KePoW

Banned
I had no idea Marvel has final say over the look of a video game they're not developing?

I thought they're being paid a hefty sum for the license already, why are they also micro-managing aesthetics for a third-party dev? Marvel isn't already happy with charging a ton for their expensive licenses?

Bwahaha the wing has to be in the right position and the fire has to be the right amount of blurry? Marvel really are super meticulous about everything.

Not everything. There are quite a few costumes in the game that are actually pathetic representations of their comic counterparts. It's really odd how their standards flip-flop on a case-by-case basis.

I had no idea Marvel has final say over the look of a video game they're not developing?

I thought they're being paid a hefty sum for the license already, why are they also micro-managing aesthetics for a third-party dev? Marvel isn't already happy with charging a ton for their expensive licenses?

Licensors typically always have final say on things like that. You can't just get a license for a property and do whatever you want, anything you do have to be approved before final publish. Some companies obviously will be more protective on these things than others.

Yeah I once did interpretation for a company over a GM license in a game.
The attention to detail was impressive. When companies get that big there are employees whose entire job is overseeing representations of their products/IP.

Marvel used to sell their license for video games fairly easily, they didn't care what happened with the stuff in those games. But ever since the movie studios started being incredibly successful, and Disney acquired Marvel, they've started being significantly more protective of their IPs, and rightfully so. Can't have shit be wishywashy with beloved franchises like Marvel's. :)

Vecks

Small patch today. (EDIT: Is what they said, but... it's almost 1GB)
Mostly just bug fixes/power changes.
But they did add Cosmic Doop.

Gothos

The sixth level of prestige will give players a yellow name, but leveling will take 25 times as long. This is a long time and requires patience and extreme dedication.

HOLY SHIT. If you ask me I would give poeple who complete this prestige some additional award - 100 splinters, maybe 10 random uniques, big stack of relics (100-150?) or something else. It's a MASSIVE effort.

Taskmaster. 450G or 200 splinters. God bless these surprises. I'm getting him.

Aaaaaaaaand I'm back in game :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait this is real, not a aprils fool? holy shit

bless you Gaz. Buying him with splinters and the costume with G. I was so glad the team up patch was delayed because I bought (and am actually enjoying) TESO, and they go and do this!

edit: wait what, and hes a 200splinter hero? wtf lol. hmm I dont like the energy shield look of the alt costume (even if the udon costume itself is cool), think ill stick with the classic

edit2: took a look at his trees, interesting way to do him, basically he has moves from cap, hawkeye, spidey and daredevil. good on Gaz for making him 200splinters, since seems all of his moves are already in the game

Lord Phol

Holy shit! Awesome suprise! 200 splinter/450 G hero as well. I love these things :DD. Damn you gaz gonna need to spend some stuff on this!

inky

After thinking a bit about it, I'll just probably wait for a sale. Maybe if there is one for the 1 year anniversary. I have a bunch of Gs and a lot of stuff I want to do with them, so I might just wait a bit and buy all that at once.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
from the forums:

"@ziggsvo said: He feels like you guys just copied and recycled other heroes powers...

What? You mean like Taskmaster or something?"

I laughed :p

edit: aparently you can have 2 of his toggles activated, not just 1, thats pretty cool. cap and DD for maximum defense, spidey/hawkeye for pure dps, or a mix (or just 1). and the toggles give new properties to the correspondant hero spells, like spirit on hit for spidey spells with the spidey toggle, health on hit for daredebil spells with dd toggle, etc. very nice implementation of Taskmasters powers

Gothos

from the forums:

"@ziggsvo said: He feels like you guys just copied and recycled other heroes powers...

What? You mean like Taskmaster or something?"

I laughed :p

edit: aparently you can have 2 of his toggles activated, not just 1, thats pretty cool. cap and DD for maximum defense, spidey/hawkeye for pure dps, or a mix (or just 1). and the toggles give new properties to the correspondant hero spells, like spirit on hit for spidey spells with the spidey toggle, health on hit for daredebil spells with dd toggle, etc. very nice implementation of Taskmasters powers

Those on hit bonuses don't require the use of coresponding powers to activate them - they work with any attack. Specific power points (like points in spidey powers) only increase their activation chance.
Anyway, after skimming his powers he might be really powerful on lvl 60. But that also depends on his uniques.

Rhaknar

Those on hit bonuses don't require the use of coresponding powers to activate them - they work with any attack. Specific power points (like points in spidey powers) only increase their activation chance.
Anyway, after skimming his powers he might be really powerful on lvl 60. But that also depends on his uniques.

ah ha youre right, I apologize. I love his voice so much

KePoW

Banned
Wait, is Taskmaster a playable character or team-up? I'm on my phone so can't really browse any full websites right now

Top Bottom